Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,812 members, 7,945,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 08:02 PM

If You Want To Be Wealthy, Don't Be A Graduate. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You Want To Be Wealthy, Don't Be A Graduate. (487 Views)

Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? / Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic / Is A Graduate With Online Masters Employable In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Want To Be Wealthy, Don't Be A Graduate. by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 27, 2013
I once received a flyer that read ''If you want to be wealthy don't be a graduate'', as a graduate myself I thought this statement was absurd, why wont I be wealthy as a graduate. Then I remembered the stories of Dangote, 2face, Wizkid, Mark Zuckerberg, Paul Allen, Bill Gate, Larry Ellison and many others that either never went to college or was a drop-out.
Isn't it true that education is the key to success, but then I asked myself ''what kind of education is the right kind that would serve as a key to success''.

It's now glaring that not all education leads to success, especially those acquired in the four walls of an institution, most especially in a country like Nigeria. The evidences are out there; the best graduating students are still jobless, with the best course in engineering, science and social sciences.

So I ask you, what kind of education is the key to success? Being a graduate is hardly proportional to employment and not necessarily proportional to success. That is to say, every graduate has this myopic thinking that graduation should transcend into employment which eventually leads to success. That is why many spend most of there time searching for job which doesn't exist.

Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong in being employed as long as it presents one or both of these opportunities;
• Opportunity to increase in knowledge in that field
• Opportunity to increase in income over reasonable period of time
If you work in an atmosphere where you do the same thing all day and all year long and your income grows in slow motion or not at all, them that's just SAD.

Leaders are opportunity seekers once they see one they grab it with both hands and make the best of it. Dangote did, so did all those we see as being financially free today. A leader is responsible, focused, determined, persistent and disciplined.
Ask yourself can you start taking responsibility for your life and your future? Can you be focused enough to follow one cause until success? Are you determined enough to be successful? Can you be persistence in the face of challenges and adversity? Are you disciplined enough to give no excuse for failure.

For every employee/follower your tenure will end either you like it or not, and its all because of these 3 R's;
-Resignation -Retrenchment -Retirement
If you don't resign and you don't get trenched than after 35years you must retire. So ask yourself what have I achieved. Is it financial freedom or impact to myself and people around you or being a boss of myself?

Livingreen Concept presents you with a rare opportunity to build a business that can lead to financial freedom, impact to yourself and the society and eventually you can become the CEO of your own business organisation.

visit http://livingreenconcept..com/p/blog-page_21.html or call 08151518535
Re: If You Want To Be Wealthy, Don't Be A Graduate. by ednut1(m): 7:26am On Nov 27, 2013
Lame comparism in developed world d emphasis is on being educated , college is enuf nd dey are interested in what u can do nt wat grade u got, some graduates will be poor some will be rich, like wise non graduates, d prob in nigeria is d suplly of graduate outnumber d demand for it, primarily because of low level of industrialization as our govt cannot encourage industrialization due to prefence for importation,
Re: If You Want To Be Wealthy, Don't Be A Graduate. by Kaydem(m): 7:39am On Nov 27, 2013
hmmm...nice one @op

(1) (Reply)

Sponsored Student VISA To Austria / ..............ASUU Latest............ / Studying Project Management Online For Bsc Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.