Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,255 members, 7,880,957 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:01 AM

Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. (4861 Views)

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis / The Ijebu People And Their Ancestral Hometowns In Lagos / Ijebu People - The Most Industrious Beings On Earth. Please Let's Get Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
Wonderful people of †ђε great Ijebu Kingdom,

Good afternoon y'all.

I was reading a thread about people representing their villages earlier today. I checked page after page, but I'm not sure I saw up to 20 Ijebu people comment.

Ijebus are known to be friendly and sociable people and contrary to that notoriously popular notion that we are stingy, we are not money wasters. We spend our hard earned money on what we think is purposeful. I know several people who are cheerful givers. So, please stop spreading unconfirmed rumours..

Ijebus are also very united. Wherever they meet, You'd think they grew up together. Such is †ђε warmth of †ђε Ijebus. God knows there are so many "sub-divisions" of †ђε Ijebu people, but our strength is in our diversity. I ℓ♥√ع my people, and I'm proud to be Ijebu.

Let's get to interact.. Who knows? You might connect with your long-lost cousin or childhood friend or be of much-needed help to your brother or sister. Let's know what part of Ijebuland you're from.

I'm from Ita-Opo in Epe, a descendant of †ђε popular Tekenlu.

2 Likes

Re: Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
Why?
Re: Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 27, 2013
^^

Beesqueezy:

Let's get to interact.. Who knows? You might connect with your long-lost cousin or childhood friend or be of much-needed help to your brother or sister. Let's know what part of Ijebuland you're from

Thanks
Re: Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nice!

Eweso. It's great to see someone who's also from Epe on the forum. My dad is from Epe but I don't know which of the villages there. But I know it's the Ijebu part and I'm Ijebu. Heard Awori's also settled in parts of the city.

Mum is from Iperu Remo but was born and raised in Ibadan. I guess that makes me a proper Ijebu boy. I'm so Ijebu, all I think about is money and building an empire. grin

Anyway, have you been to Epe? What's the place like? I should be in naij soon and I'm definitely visiting Epe.
Re: Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by tyoseni(m): 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
Any Ijebu Aiyepe in the house? Aiyepe small london.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by ladionline: 7:37pm On Nov 27, 2013
shymexx: Nice!

Eweso. It's great to see someone who's also from Epe on the forum. My dad is from Epe but I don't know which of the villages there. But I know it's the Ijebu part and I'm Ijebu. Heard Awori's also settled in parts of the city.

Mum is from Iperu Remo but was born and raised in Ibadan. I guess that makes me a proper Ijebu boy. I'm so Ijebu, all I think about is money and building an empire. grin

Anyway, have you been to Epe? What's the place like? I should be in naij soon and I'm definitely visiting Epe.
Epe alaro Ogunmode, ake mo ni porigi ese, osa eluku o pe meji, a feluku mede. Ajoji kan o gbo wo. Omo alagemo merindinlogun, Afinju Ijebu tii foko je Apena.
Re: Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by RAPMAN02(m): 8:02pm On Nov 27, 2013
IJEBU-ITELE
Re: Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by 4chi: 9:42pm On Nov 27, 2013
Odogbolu olupo oku,
Emi lomo oke meta ikosa
Oke rimi, oke Lisa, oke Ogbeni.

Emi lomo ayoka ilu'nodi,
Kiwo yo, ke mi yo.

Emi lomo alagemo ofi yowoyowo,
Omo tami lagba oke....
Re: Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 27, 2013
ladionline: Epe alaro Ogunmode, ake mo ni porigi ese, osa eluku o pe meji, a feluku mede. Ajoji kan o gbo wo. Omo alagemo merindinlogun, Afinju Ijebu tii foko je Apena.

Sir, I don't understand Yoruba like that. grin From the sentence, I know they call Ijebu's "omo alaro" so I've heard "alaro" before. But I don't know what it means. I also know what "alagemo" is - I guess it means the Ijebu gods. Meji = two. Merindinlogun = 4-20 = -16 = 16. That's all I can understand. Can you please translate the sentence to English, sir? grin

Also, I'll like to know if there are waterside Ijebu settlements along the Ondo state coast.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 27, 2013
4chi: Odogbolu olupo oku,
Emi lomo oke meta ikosa
Oke rimi, oke Lisa, oke Ogbeni.

Emi lomo ayoka ilu'nodi,
Kiwo yo, ke mi yo.

Emi lomo alagemo ofi yowoyowo,
Omo tami lagba oke....

So you're also Ijebu, bruv? shocked

That's nice!! I'm a big fan of your posts!
Re: Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by Leks(m): 9:46am On Nov 28, 2013
Am a full blooded Ijebu man from Ogbogbo in Ijebu North-East L.G. Mum is from Oru-ijebu. Am really looking forward to meeting people from my area/village too. Unfortunately I don't know our 'oriki' (praise poetry).

Let's keep this coming guys. Thumbs up to Beesqueezy!

1 Like

Re: Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by yomip3t(m): 12:27am On Apr 18, 2015
Leks:
Am a full blooded Ijebu man from Ogbogbo in Ijebu North-East L.G. Mum is from Oru-ijebu. Am really looking forward to meeting people from my area/village too. Unfortunately I don't know our 'oriki' (praise poetry).

Let's keep this coming guys. Thumbs up to Beesqueezy!

I'm also a native of Oru Ijebu.
Glad to see someone from my side here.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by olenime(m): 9:47am On May 12, 2015
Dede eyin omo alare, eweso oh
Remo north baby...

1 Like

Re: Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by PenSniper: 2:28am On May 13, 2015
Very old thread.
Re: Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 14, 2016
Ijebu Alaaare
Re: Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by TalentManager: 7:30pm On Nov 17, 2016
Ijebu omo asoro k'oloro gbo! T'oloro ba gbo ki l'oloro ose ? undecided cool
Re: Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 17, 2016
TalentManager:
Ijebu omo asoro k'oloro gbo! T'oloro ba gbo ki l'oloro ose ? undecided cool

You said I'm cursed for creating a thread. Mark my word, you will be bed-ridden for the remaining part of your life. You will stink before you eventually die. I release the venom of death into this man's life.
Re: Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by TalentManager: 8:16pm On Nov 17, 2016
Flight07:

You said I'm cursed for creating a thread. Mark my word, you will be bed-ridden for the remaining part of your life. You will stink before you eventually die. Mother goddess of the earth, I release the venom of death into this man's life.

You are a cursed fellow there's no solution for your calamity , I saw your evil cursing and message . No weapon formed against me shall prosper. I come against All evil that you wished me by the blood of Jesus Christ.
By the power of one who has the authority over the heavens and earth all evil you prophesied is your portion in three folds, you are the bearer of curses and will be the carrier till you become weary.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by Arabiandude: 1:02pm On Feb 06, 2017
Beauty grin Preying eyes aren't pleasing, wouldn't mind you joining me here. @Nma27
Re: Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 06, 2017
Arabiandude:
Beauty grin
Preying eyes aren't pleasing, wouldn't mind you joining me here. @Nma27
Are u from ijebu ni
Re: Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by Arabiandude: 1:05pm On Feb 06, 2017
Nma27:
Are u from ijebu ni
Why do you ask? I am not Yoruba anyways.
Let's take this to whatsapp.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 06, 2017
Arabiandude:

Why do you ask?
I am not Yoruba anyways.

Let's take this to whatsapp.
Drop it
Re: Ijebu People On Nairaland, Let's Meet Here. by Arabiandude: 1:09pm On Feb 06, 2017
Nma27:
Drop it

(1) (Reply)

Weird! Family Members Take Pictures Of Their Son Having Sex For The First Time / Igbos Are Just Too Much - I Am Shaking Right Now When I Think Of It :-) / Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.