Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,151 members, 7,943,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 07:26 AM

Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. (16699 Views)

I Don't Understand God / I Am Praying For The End Of This Wicked World. / I Am Praying For The End Of This Wicked World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Originalsly: 2:33pm On Dec 01, 2013
arcbabe: am surprise to and to think i can't pray for long with english,it has change into another language i don't understand.
You don't need to pray aloud. Doesn't God know your thoughts? Doesn't God know English? Why would He have to intercede....change your language to another when He understands very well what you are saying in English? Why would He want to confuse you? Is God a God of confusion? He interceded on the Day of Pentecost to edify the people. How can you be speaking to God when you yourself don't know what is being said? That is not of God. It is good that you recognize something is not right about that. I advise fhat you pray silently and ask for you to be protected from whatever evil force is invading you.Pray with faith...and there is no need for long drawn out prayers...the Bible warned about that.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nsonso: 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
Dear, if u are sincere wit ur claim, i suggest u go & see ur pastor or priest for guidance & direction. I repeat, if u are not making gest of SPEAKING IN TONGUE, kindly & humbly exit dis thread & look for help, prayerfully, among brethren where u worship. Our God is not an author of confusion.
Beloved, i wish u well in JESUS NAME. AMEN.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by ComboFiend(m): 8:17am On Dec 02, 2013
@op...praying in a language u dont understand abi.. undecided undecided.....riiighhhhttt...and u re sure u weren't just exhausted or high
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 02, 2013
lanrexlan: The true disciples of 'Jesus' spoke in other tongues with meaningful words which people clearly understood them[Acts 2:4-15].The op is speaking a language which she can't comprehend and you called that spiritual language? Rababa,Shamama and all other abracadabra you are speaking is rubbish.No communication is talking place.
what is no communication is taking place,are you saying pastors don't communicate with God when speaking in tongue. Pls be objective in what you're saying.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 02, 2013
ComboFiend: @op...praying in a language u dont understand abi.. undecided undecided.....riiighhhhttt...and u re sure u weren't just exhausted or high
I wasn't exhausted neither was I high because I don't drink.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 02, 2013
Nso-nso:
Dear, if u are sincere wit ur claim, i suggest u go & see ur pastor or priest for guidance & direction. I repeat, if u are not making gest of SPEAKING IN TONGUE, kindly & humbly exit dis thread & look for help, prayerfully, among brethren where u worship. Our God is not an author of confusion.
Beloved, i wish u well in JESUS NAME. AMEN.
Amen thanks
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 02, 2013
Originalsly: You don't need to pray aloud. Doesn't God know your thoughts? Doesn't God know English? Why would He have to intercede....change your language to another when He understands very well what you are saying in English? Why would He want to confuse you? Is God a God of confusion? He interceded on the Day of Pentecost to edify the people. How can you be speaking to God when you yourself don't know what is being said? That is not of God. It is good that you recognize something is not right about that. I advise fhat you pray silently and ask for you to be protected from whatever evil force is invading you.Pray with faith...and there is no need for long drawn out prayers...the Bible warned about that.
Am also not in support of people praying out loud or for a long time,I don't even like praying out loud or long but it just happened while I was praying.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 02, 2013
4tunebest:

1 million likes cheesy'

I am surprised that we had to be the ones to tell the OP that when you are in God's presence and you speak/pray in an unknown language, then you are speaking in tongues
I know that speaking in a language you don't understand can also be referred to speaking in tongue,I asked to know the opinion of people on it b'cos I wasn't understanding what I was speaking. Wanted others that have had similar experience to clearify.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 1:43am On Dec 03, 2013
@arcbabe;
by arcbabe(f): 9:12am On Dec 02

lanrexlan: The true disciples of 'Jesus' spoke in other tongues with meaningful words which people clearly understood them[Acts 2:4-15].The op is speaking a language which she can't comprehend and you called that spiritual language? Rababa,Shamama and all other abracadabra you are speaking is rubbish.No communication is talking place.

what is no communication is taking place,are you saying pastors don't communicate with God when speaking in tongue. Pls be objective in what you're saying.
from your viewpoint, the whole bible is word of God. right? if this is so, either directly from God or He inspired the writers, nothing they write is not a language understood and spoken by man. if God spoke to you in the language of man, and since you do not know any other language from God, eg spoken by angels, then your speaking in a language that is not known, is not Godly. and those you say interpret it are not doing so by what God provides.

your case reminds me of a former muslim who is now pastor Alao in Lagos. i simply asked how did he leave Islam? his answer showed so much ignorance of Islam during his years as muslim. his speaking in tongue was like "bahbahbah, dahdahdah!" ridiculous. he was stumped when i asked what people speak like that and how is that speech of creation in heaven? each material he presented, i asked him to give evidence. Just using gospel according to John will not stick because if the material is so important, it will not be only 1 out of 4 that says it, except if is complete exaggeration which is why 3 out of 4 are silent.

it will be needless for any pastor to communicate directly with God, shunting the bible, if the bible is word of God. unless each is now the another comforter, the only entity that can hear from God and communicate what he heard, exactly to human. guess those who calls him son of God are actually fulfilling the prediction that 'he will be called son of God', indicating that though he is not, but the people acting on their own vain desire will call him so. who knew him best; his mother who neither called him son of God or Emmanuel, or you that call him both? who is closer to truth, about Jesus, Mary his mother or you that fashioned a religion upon his name while neglecting his ritualistic worship process?
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by murkingbird(m): 6:22am On Dec 03, 2013
Na God go save us from all these confused lot, you mean speaking gibberish steals your Holy spirit attention? Lmao.... You use your brain abeg
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by ckkris: 7:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
RoyPCain:

your case reminds me of a former muslim who is now pastor Alao in Lagos. i simply asked how did he leave Islam? his answer showed so much ignorance of Islam during his years as muslim.

Many converted former moslems know the Koran very well. From them I learn that good moslems like you MUST HATE & KILL CHRISTIANS. Sura 9 : 29, 123, among others.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 04, 2013
@ckkris; i remember you. you are that guy that was insulting yoruba women in a thread, few months ago.

unfortunately, i didn't respond to you, even though my mother, aunts, sisters, nieces, cousins are all yorubas.

you at that time didn't seen the kindness of christianity, but tribal bigotry was the instrument of satan acting upon you.

i am glad you made me notice you here because arcbabe is yoruba as she said her late father [ra] died on islam.

if she dies on christianity, she will end up with you where ever you end up. her father inshaAllah and i will end up in paradise promised by the One Whose Promise is fulfilled. as to your accusation, Allah is Sufficient as Witness that you are a liar. i am around christians, all day long and i have people that have left islam among them. there is no time i raised an arm intending to harm them. your accusation is not in Quran or the Sunnah. otherwise, no arabs will be non muslim, today. no yoruba will be non muslim, today. obviously, you do not know anything about the Quran because the verses you quoted were for a particular time, people and reason. the time is in the lifetime of the prophet [SA] and it was against the idolaters still which were hostile before conquest, now after conquest, they were given 4 months to either move in order that Makka be pure for the worship of Allah or become muslims. there is no time that punishment has been determined to occur in the lifetime of any prophet [AS}, Moses for example that it is not immediate. here the mercy is extended when it comes to the only prophet [SA] to the world. and the reason i have stated, couples with the subtle innuendo to undermine Islam if they were to be left within the community. do you serve God and allow disbeliever to flourish in the place you worship and you don't know there will be deception from the disbelievers? you are a good example by your lies.

@arcbabe; i have invited you, cckris and all non muslims that will read this that the end of non muslim is not guaranteed to be a good destination.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 05, 2013
RoyPCain: @ckkris; i remember you. you are that guy that was insulting yoruba women in a thread, few months ago.

unfortunately, i didn't respond to you, even though my mother, aunts, sisters, nieces, cousins are all yorubas.

you at that time didn't seen the kindness of christianity, but tribal bigotry was the instrument of satan acting upon you.

i am glad you made me notice you here because arcbabe is yoruba as she said her late father [ra] died on islam.

if she dies on christianity, she will end up with you where ever you end up. her father inshaAllah and i will end up in paradise promised by the One Whose Promise is fulfilled. as to your accusation, Allah is Sufficient as Witness that you are a liar. i am around christians, all day long and i have people that have left islam among them. there is no time i raised an arm intending to harm them. your accusation is not in Quran or the Sunnah. otherwise, no arabs will be non muslim, today. no yoruba will be non muslim, today. obviously, you do not know anything about the Quran because the verses you quoted were for a particular time, people and reason. the time is in the lifetime of the prophet [SA] and it was against the idolaters still which were hostile before conquest, now after conquest, they were given 4 months to either move in order that Makka be pure for the worship of Allah or become muslims. there is no time that punishment has been determined to occur in the lifetime of any prophet [AS}, Moses for example that it is not immediate. here the mercy is extended when it comes to the only prophet [SA] to the world. and the reason i have stated, couples with the subtle innuendo to undermine Islam if they were to be left within the community. do you serve God and allow disbeliever to flourish in the place you worship and you don't know there will be deception from the disbelievers? you are a good example by your lies.

@arcbabe; i have invited you, cckris and all non muslims that will read this that the end of non muslim is not guaranteed to be a good destination.
I am not a yoruba girl and who says it is only muslims that will make paradise? Smh!
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 05, 2013
@arcbabe; whatever you are i adopted you and made you a yoruba, from now onward. lol. one would have thought that there is a reason you left islam that your father died in. a way one adopts should have a better overall quality compared to the one abandoned. in your case, i didn't see this based on the fact that your response about my complaint against ckkris is nothing to you because you are not from the ethnic group he insulted. wow. you see, if you have remained a muslim, you would have found that greater defense of human quality and preservation are expected of adherent of Islam. we are not talking about the boko haraamites and their ilk that wrap their nonreligious agenda in cloak of religion.

whatever you are though, the reality is that you are from Adam [AS] and he was the earth and it is earth that each of us will return.

as to if only Muslim is destined for paradise. the answer to your question is yes.

evidences; from new testament, you only have heaven and paradise is specific and different from 'heaven'. further, Jesus was not a christian and he will only go to where Abraham the father of faith will go. and Abraham was not a jew or a christian, but an upright 'submitting' to God and does not associate partner with Him.

from old testament, we realize that when God told the children of israel to make feast and stay in their houses in the 'passover', it was for just eating as the jews of today do. i have inquired into their practices from live jews. Moses made salat [ritualistic prayers]. muslim make ritualistic worship [prayer etc], today.

when you look at all of these, Muslims take their Orders from God. others take theirs from religious leaders [name your religion and sect; its in there].

interestingly, i am dialoguing with a christian friend who is trying to convert me [i feel for myself that my islam is weak that whatever incites him, incites him to talk to me. he has been doing this for over a year now. each time i turn his thought upside its head]. on monday he brought a lagos based pastor that was a former muslim. i 'wahala' the guy so much he left. i pity my friend who is paying for the international phone call.

he called late monday that we have an appointment at 1 pm wednesday with local pastor. no problem as long as i am not swamped with my 'necessary responsibility'. i called to remind him say at 12.30 pm. no call came in at 1.00 on the dot. so i waited 10 minutes thinking that they are still observing african time all these while they have been out of africa. up till 7 pm, i called more than 3 times.

well, this muslim man retires to bed after the last daily prayers. at 10.30pm, he called me when i am already few hours into my sleep. today, when he wakes up, i am gonna connect with him and 'worry' the pastor he will bring up.

many questions and i wanna stump them in the fashion of Abraham to his idolatry family with the axe on the neck of the big dummy.

again, arcbabe, as long as you are from the children of Adam, i want you to succeed, and not fail like the hindus, for example.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Thazard(m): 2:51pm On Apr 30
mumumugu:
Na so madnes dey take start
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World / Is Smoking A Sin? / God And His Angels.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.