Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,618 members, 7,908,567 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 09:02 AM

Third Class Candidates - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Third Class Candidates (44424 Views)

Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. / YES! There Is Hope For 2.2 And Third Class Grads: Job Hunting Tips / They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Third Class Candidates by tejusexyeyes: 4:08pm On Nov 28, 2013
Hello people. I finished with a third class in Biochemistry and i sometimes feel inferior submitting my CV. I wish to go for Pgd or professional course but dont know how to go about it.

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by 1stola: 4:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
Eya! cheesy Eya!
Re: Third Class Candidates by davide470(m): 4:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
Truth be told, it is not a very good degree, but you can make the best out of it.
Don't think of applying to Jobs now, except you have a very good connection.. You can do a PGD, then a Masters in Chemical Engineering or any of the Sciences.

Don't EVER give up! That's the most important thing!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by tope56(m): 5:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
Well its not a big deal. People don't look for ur credentials but potentials u are what u think u are don't let anybody oppress u.

6 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by drealmii: 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
@tejusexy eyes I also finished with a third class degree and to be truthful, when I found out at first, I thought my world had come to an end. I guess the reason it really got to me was because the mistake was from my school and after dragging the issue for over a year, reality dawned on me that nobody was ready to help. All thanks to my siblings and parent who saw beyond my grade. Now I have gotten over it and I sometimes wonder why I troubled myself so much over it. I have changed jobs twice. I have not gotten there though, but am getting there. To cut all my long story short, there's more to life than ur grade. I tell my friends in school that a good grade is attainable and they should try as much as possible to finish well, but its not about grade anymore. I don't think so, I know so! Cheers!

34 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by tope56(m): 7:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
I came out with third class but I never allow it to weight me down I didn't even tell my friends except my course mate so that hey will not discourage me and thank God today those that came out with first class are working under me.

18 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by tejusexyeyes: 7:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
Thank you all 4 ur comments.God bless u

4 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by samtheman: 7:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
tope56: I came out with third class but I never allow it to weight me down I didn't even tell my friends except my course mate so that hey will not discourage me and thank God today those that came out with first class are working under me.

are you sure?

32 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by aariwa(m): 8:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
men i don't know if this is coincidence,fate or supernatural phenomenom.i graduated with a 3rd class in 2002 and today most of the big guys that are calling the shots from my set all got third class or pass in school.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Candidates by 1stola: 9:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
tope56: I came out with third class but I never allow it to weight me down I didn't even tell my friends except my course mate so that hey will not discourage me and thank God today those that came out with first class are working under me.

chai!

This gehl dey lie!

chai:

9 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by Ayoola171(m): 9:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
You can even finished with first class and some recruiters can still tell u dat; u're not qualified e.g Kpmg wat ever ur grade as an entry level if u're above 25yrs 4get it, you can hav best grade and pass d apptitude test of a reputable company and stil receieve a message dat u're not successful after so many screening, wat am tryn to say is dat, Credentials can limit u but wit Potential, heaven is d limit, believe in urself, remain focus, never give up, i believe someday u wil come back to testify to d glory of God, if u blv; you can.

15 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by emmysoftyou: 10:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
sorry if these thread is open for third class candidate.
But am here to air my view,because there is a woman who work in one of the reputable company in nigeria,here in lagos,this woman interview my sister,then after interview,she chat with my sist,and told her that she came out with third class ,that afta nysc life became perplexed to her. she later went 4 her master b4 she got her current company job as HR.
My advice to you all is that go do ur master or if yu ve God s connection nuttin wil stop you.
me wey com out wit 2:1 shey coy don giv me job?no na God go do am 4 us o0. No giv up and no let am distract you,God dey see us All and He wil help us all at the nick of time Amen.one love

9 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by ramzylipi(m): 11:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
Tanx guys, I am so fortunate to be here this time. Am so so impressed, though I also came out wit third class bt I know wit God all tins are possible

1 Like

Re: Third Class Candidates by Tekzyflex(m): 11:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
My broda degree dosen't work in this part of the world again...Just pray for God to connect U and thankGod you are alive. Some people are dead with all their big degrees; so cheer up and Keep walking# Johnnie Walker#

14 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by Gamboh55(m): 11:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
I didn't graduate with a 3rd class but I just want to offer a little advice...It's good for one to come with good grades but what if dat does not happen...allowing ur grade to define ur person is a grave mistake....dust urself and move on...never live a life of regret; it will destroy you...take professional courses or better still go for ur pgd den M.Sc...1Luv

3 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by samtheman: 11:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
E bi like say dis thread is for 3rd class degree let me quickly move out.

13 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by ronalmagic10(m): 11:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
samtheman: E bi like say dis thread is for 3rd class degree let me quickly move out.

So you didn't know b4 u opened d thread abi? U beta go nd open ur thread wit d topic ' advice for graduates with certificate of attendance' and let people advise you b4 it's too late!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Class Candidates by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 29, 2013
So much importance to certificate,when potentials are lying idle,and wasting away.

3rd class aint death sentence,even some of the people you know might come out witha 3rd class too. Look beyond your certificate,and forge ahead with other qualifications.

Above all,pray for divine favour,and boom,sky shall be your starting point.

3 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by Bigdreams(m): 3:14am On Nov 29, 2013
This is my humble opinion friends.

Excellence is very critical in all spheres of life and as such academic excellence should be pursued and achieved. However, if things don't turn out as you expected, sitting down to blame yourself and the conditions that brought about your low grade will never yield any positive result. The deed is done - the next thing is to find a solution. Just as some contributors here have suggested that Postgraduate Diplomas or Professional Courses should be embarked upon and then Masters, I'll like to concur. However, even with all these extra certifications, if you fail to work on your mindset such that you do not see yourself as a THIRD CLASS INDIVIDUAL, you will always have that feeling of being a failure.

I graduated with a third class too but I don't allow it define my person. Presently, I'm upgrading myself - writing three professional exams plus a Postgraduate Diploma. I tell myself that I'm a solution, I have what it takes to provide solutions to challenges. What are employers looking for? People who will provide solutions - and that's what I am.

Writing a very good CV (the way it is supposed to be written) will also help you project your abilities and not even your academic grade. Work on your mindset friends. Your current position is a platform to launch higher - it's not your end. It's an opportunity to sit down, plan, ACT WITH FOCUS and then commit ALL into God's hands.

Mediocrity is not to be celebrated.

You can do it.

Get up and get a better life.

It is well with you.

17 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by gRutiE(f): 3:54am On Nov 29, 2013
It is well
Re: Third Class Candidates by Nobody: 6:14am On Nov 29, 2013
Hi OP, I care so much about your THOUGHT CLASS than your THIRD CLASS......all you need is to activate what the creator as deposited inside of you.....D many-sided-Complicated-wisdom of God that will helps you to consistently provide simple SOLUTIONS to complex problems in Your work place or environment such that your employers hear about your skills, methods, and d concepts you used in proffering solutIons to challenges. I bet that your relevance will be enviable and thus you'd be surprised @how recruitment protocols and policies can be broken for people who have enough confidence in themselves to provoke a CHANGE in the statu

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by Joyeux: 8:44am On Nov 29, 2013
Just improve yourself by doing pgd and masters.I know someone who graduated with a pass degree and improved himself know he is working in Faan.
Re: Third Class Candidates by sambright2012: 9:41am On Nov 29, 2013
op dont read book again go for a nice handwrk nd u will celebrate ur freedom in 3 yrs time as a boss nd CEO of ur own company.nija is going a diffrent direction .d value in certificates is dat graduates re nt emplyable. change ur mindset go left wen odas re going right.go right if dey re going left nd u wil b spoted quickly.

4 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by collinsola: 10:05am On Nov 29, 2013
Wole Soyinka.....3rd Class
Pastor Christ......3rd Class

Last bullet:

Forget about your grade,work on yourself.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Candidates by davide470(m): 10:10am On Nov 29, 2013
collinsola: Wole Soyinka.....3rd Class
Pastor Chris......3rd Class
They never made 3rd Class.. Get your facts right.

5 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by zinaunreal(m): 10:36am On Nov 29, 2013
davide470:

True talk

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/i-made-second-class-upper-soyinka/
Re: Third Class Candidates by Ruq: 10:39am On Nov 29, 2013

cheesy cheesy cheesy wink grin I know the pure water factory ? grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by Ayoola171(m): 10:46am On Nov 29, 2013
davide470:
wole soyinka came out with third class, also Gani Faweyinmi, do more findings. University degree should not determine our life. Never give up.
Re: Third Class Candidates by zinaunreal(m): 10:55am On Nov 29, 2013
Ayoola171: wole soyinka came out with third class, also Gani Faweyinmi, do more findings. University degree should not determine our life. Never give up.

Stop spreading ballistic gist

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/i-made-second-
class-upper-soyinka/

4 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by busuyem: 12:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
Na Wole Soyinka time u dey? @OP: there is no ground u can't cover as long as grace is ur backup!

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
life is hard even with a 2.1. With a thirdie, you have to work 5 times harder than others. all i can say is this; if u can, get a job or start up a biz then run your masters. If all that fails and you're interested in this sort of thing, learn a programming language. give it your everything and become a master of whatever you choose to do. life will definitely look up on your hard work

i have to add tho; feel free to beat up yourself but not for too long. Pick yourself up and start again from scratch. Don't depend on others to do that for you. Only your determination will make you pull thru

I work with a programmer that graduated with a thirdie. If i didn't see his CV, i'd never know. He insists on leaving it on his CV as a constant reminder of his failure though so he'll never fall that far ever again

5 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
3rd class Scam!
Mind u Weigh nt weight

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

TOP 5 Nigerian Oil Servicing Companies You May Like To Work In / Grand Lead Heritage / The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.