Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,447 members, 7,881,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:54 AM

An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole (20094 Views)

Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal / Governor Oshiomhole And Wife Iara / A Thread Specially Dedicated To Governor "Rotimi Amaechi" For His Determination. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by arsenalwenger: 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2013
ronalmagic10: Some of you are just plain silly! Watch the video again and tell me what she was selling by the roadside? All I saw were goods that were still packaged. I don't think she was trading anything there. I know the place ( mission rd) very well and there's construction of road there with soldiers around to guard the white men. Not only did he say, ' you are a widow, go and die!' but he also said, ' your husband is the type that kill people on the road'. He said the latter when the woman told him that her late husband was a policeman and he just died recently. The woman was not selling on the road. Fact. So what was her crime?

I'm sure the man died on duty and the family were not compensated. May God not let evil visit those of you supporting adams before you admit that he was very wrong. If you live in Benin, you will know that a lot of rubbish are just happening. I just don't have the strength to type
God bless u my broda. Most of the pple supporting dis evil act have never left Lagos before.

Why compare Nigeria to UK or US? In these countries there is social security for the unemplyed, free education for less privilege, but in Naija na looting of the money that could have been used to help the masses.

What the gov did is bad and anybody that support this act, under any pretext, hav no concience and i dont pray they be in the shoe of the woman. Where is empathy, where is love, why are human seem worse that beast?

May God forgive us. The law of karma is real, all man will reap what he sow. Oshiomole, and his supporters, will still answer God's call one day, whether good or bad.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by RisenSun(m): 5:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
You are very right my friend. Go and die too!

Ode! So she should go and die cos she committed an offense? Is death the punishment for her offense?
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by nairamaniac: 5:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
Truth be said, no one is above the law, widow or not. The point is oshiomole has the right to uphold the law. And also needed to set an example directly as he did. But not in that kind of manner. He should have shown more morals and less hostility. Same way he owes it to his all other hawkers besides this woman to learn from this incident, he also owes it to all his task-forces to be less-hostile, more morally and gentlemanly (even in their point of duty and seizing goods). He owes it to both sides to show good examples. The governor showed no regard for the human being not for the offence that was committed. Same way one of his task-forces could express his own disregards by Slapping the next offender he comes across.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
cramjones:

This is why there is little hope for development in Nigeria. We all want Nigeria to be like America, the UK and other developed nations. If everyone claim to be widows and hawk on the streets against the laws what do you want the governor to do? Have mercy based on excuses.?
Granted his statements were not the best...but wait a minute we all flip out when we are angry. Nigerians are too religious bring...everything they will quote the scriptures or Quran. A society never develops like that. This has nothing to do with Mercy. Your Bible tells you to obey the law and respect authorities. If we continue like this Nigeria will
Never develop.

i ask the question what do Nigerians want. You call for the arrest of a corrupt minister (odua) people say it is ethnic victimization. El-Ruai demololishes houses that are blocking sewers and are out of the master plan...Nigerians call him devil...Nuhu Ribadu jails proven corrupt people, they say it is political witch hunt. I have no doubt that Nigerians deserve the kind of leaders they have...For 90% of Nigerians to crucify Oshiomole for simply trying to make his state rid of all the
rot and road side hawkers that stains the beauty of the city. Your open letter is nothing but rubbish! We should learn to obey the law and leave sentiments or widow or widower aside. We can't continue like this as a nation or the Nation is destined to sink!

And at the end of this silly rantings, no one managed to even giv you 0.5 (half) 'LIKE'. Shame on you!!!

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
Truckpusher: You all can curse BLOGGERNAIJA all you want but he
just served you the ugly bitter truth that you'all hate to hear but
readily condemn those that dare speak the truth the way it is.

I have always come to that painful conclusion that our leaders are a
true reflection of our society...after all two can't walk unless they
agree.........Imaging most you empty heads becoming govt. officials
tomorrow ,i can only but imagine how sentiment and bigoted religious
mindsets and beliefs will becloud your sense of judgement .

Nigeria will never change ,at least not in this generation that is so
myopic, greedy,unlawful,uneducated on etiquette,always wanting to have
their own way,foolish pride , and stewpid ...Yes ,including me
too.......

The governor overreacted by using very strong words but the truth is that, that lady broke the rules and should pay for it and if she were my mother so be it.

You are already a 'truckpusher' and when next you're on ur mission of 'truckpushing', 'oshiomhole' or any governor in ur state shall do to u worse than what he did to the poor widow - amen.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Truckpusher(m): 6:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
RedBenson:

You are already a 'truckpusher' and when next you're on ur mission of 'truckpushing', 'oshiomhole' or any governor in ur state shall do to u worse than what he did to the poor widow - amen.
Reddiickhead,what's your local problem?
did you wake up on the wrong side of your bed? undecided
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by eluquenson(m): 7:39pm On Nov 29, 2013
Truckpusher: Imbe undecided...I DO NOT NEED A SOOTHSAYER TO TELL YOU ME THAT YOU'RE AN EEDIOT sad

Hilarious indeed grin
But,mind you its just a simple question & it doesn't warrant an insult undecided
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by lyvin: 8:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
bloggernaija: Widow or no widow.
The instructions/rules/ law was simple enough.
Why can't Nigerians obey simple instructions?
Why do we behave like animal?

From overloaded lorries,
To drunk unlicensed driver,
To roadside traders encroaching on the highway ,
Siren blaring bigman aka stupid politicians.

The next minute ,they will start complaining about bad government disregarding the fact that the government is mirroring our own personal bad behaviour.

Poverty is not an excuse.
Neither should the law develop eyes because she is a WIDOW.

The government is doing the job it was elected to do and our
Uncivilised people are talking about MERCY .
Yes ,the language was bad
But he had to personally set an example.

MY TAKE IS THAT NIGERIANS ARE SO ISED TO LAWLESSNES THAT IT HAS BECOME THE BEW NORMAL.

NOW FOR THOSE WHO ARE IGNORANT OF THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE WESTERN REGION AND THE MIDWEST,
WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,
THIS WOMAN HAVE BEEN CHARGED TO COURT ,HEAVILY FINED AND HER GOODS SIEZED .
WHEN DID IT BECOME A CRIME TO ENFORCE THE LAW?

U don't have to insult or demean the human person because u r enforcing the law. Even convicted criminals still hv rights.
I heard the man have apologised because he realize his error. Enough said
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by luvinhubby(m): 8:55pm On Nov 29, 2013
lyvin:
U don't have to insult or demean the human person because u r enforcing the law. Even convicted criminals still hv rights.
I heard the man have apologised because he realize his error. Enough said
Which apology? Go watch the video, the man was so full of himself, blaming his political opponents for the video.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by emalekuo(m): 9:11pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sweetlemon:

Chop knuckle

if only we had more people like you in Nigeria.........

who is this mumu saying chop knuckle?
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by devine99(m): 10:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
[/color]

From overloaded lorries,

The next minute ,they will start complaining about bad government disregarding the fact that the government is mirroring our own personal bad behaviour.

MY TAKE IS THAT NIGERIANS ARE SO ISED TO LAWLESSNES THAT IT HAS BECOME THE BEW NORMAL.

NOW FOR THOSE WHO ARE IGNORANT OF THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE WESTERN REGION AND THE MIDWEST,
WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,

[color=#990000]

From overloaded lorries,

WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,

From overloaded lorries,

WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,

ur papa
i don't blame you. supposing the woman in question was your mother?
smh
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by zaragoza(m): 10:39pm On Nov 29, 2013
bloggernaija:

Heartless?
No,
I am a lover of law and order and,
There is an economic side to this argument.
What about the widow who borrowed money from loan sharks to rent a shop at a ridiculous interest rate,pays taxes and is being undercut ?
People selling illegally by the roadside are daily undercutting those inside the market and car parks.
While those in the market pay daily taxes used to build roads ,bridges etc,
Those highway hustlers just get a free lunch.
A society without enforced rules and laws will simply whither and die.
The old Wild West around Texas had vengeance laws back in the days.
You kill my father , I kill you full stop.
The laws may look barbaric now but they were good enough to enforce order.
The choice of words by the governor was bad.
All agreed .
But his action was right on the dough .
THE LAW SIMPLY HAS TO BE BLIND.
you cannot take your jagbanjatise to the middle of Times Square and trlalsfagar square and start frying akara.
MY BET IS YOUR BUTTS WILL BE FRYING THAT AKARA IN LONG ISLAND PRISON BEFORE THE END OF THE NIGHT.

The lack of law and order is responsible for the present state of the country.
People pick and chose which laws to obey and which laws to break.
What is the difference between this woman and igbinedion.
If you are confortable with this civil crime ,then you are confortable with more serious crimes.
This is the very reason why igbinedion walked away with a slap on the wrist and ,
You are advocating the same for this woman.
You know the reason why nigeria is shitas?

YOU

he who comes into equity must come with clean hands. How can a law breaker punish another law breaker? Where is the justification? Yes u can't just go to the middle of Trafalgar Square and start frying akara, it's not right and has to be punished. But the difference between the western world and we is dat the law applies to both sides of the divide, it applies to both the leaders and its people. The same way an individual can't start frying akara at the middle of Trafalgar Square, the government can't do such as well. But what we have in this country is the exact opposite.
But if i may ask, what's the woman's offense? Clearly, she wasn't hawking, if u had observed well there were street hawkers as part of the onlookers. So if her crime was street hawking, why weren't the other ones also apprehended? Which ever way u choose to look at it, there's no justification for what the governor did. Even the devil would have had compassion on the woman considering how she was on her knees begging and pleading for mercy!!

I rest!

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by adahib: 10:43pm On Nov 29, 2013

From overloaded lorries,

WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,

Finally,a sensible nigerian... Your head dey there jare
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Utohnonso: 10:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
YOU WROTE THESE BECAUSE YOUR MOTHER IS NOT A WIDOW.

From overloaded lorries,

WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Okudiover(m): 3:37am On Nov 30, 2013
agbameta:

Very well said..

The crybabies, law breakers and slum lovers can cry as much as they want.... who cares? They all are backward, unruly, uncultured and anti social people.
Is that why you demolished my shop, seized my goods, arrested me for trekking and deported me? So you don't need my votes again abi? (sobs) okay sha! No yawa! I go come back village but no carry that yeye-dey smell party come my village. The same BROOM wen you take sweep me color na Una say make we thump print nde? Na lie!
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by thegeorgy(f): 4:00am On Nov 30, 2013
[img][/img]

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Chibuwhite: 11:19am On Nov 30, 2013
you want to be like America,you want to be like china,but you can't obey simple rules,instructions and law, so that you can be like them, please Gov.Adams do your work.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Kanwulia: 11:44am On Nov 30, 2013
samuelkaykay: you dont have conscience,what do enforcement of law have to do with GO AND DIE?Let me tell you,Oshom.ole may die before the poor woman,believe this,that woman's seed will one day rule Osho's seed.learn compassion,dnt support evil.

O defender of the poorest on high!
I really do not subscribe to your level of mediocrity.
Please, carry on undisturbed. kiss kiss kiss
btw. . . remember all these your 'compassionate' words and sentiments when YOUR GOOD JESUS SHOWS UP AGAIN. . .do not nail him to the cross again. Thanks in advance! wink
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 30, 2013
The kunkulu Gov. shouldn't have wasted time telling her "Go and Die". He should have just shot her on the spot. We would have hailed him afterwards. Bloody midget!
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 30, 2013
The midget Gov. shouldn't have wasted time telling her "Go and Die". He should have just shot her on the spot. We would have hailed him afterwards. Dunno why short people are usually wicked. Bloody midget!
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by obyrich(m): 8:42am On Dec 01, 2013
dozzybaba: The midget Gov. shouldn't have wasted time telling her "Go and Die". He should have just shot her on the spot. We would have hailed him afterwards. Dunno why short people are usually wicked. Bloody midget!
Your post lacks wisdom and full of hate and unwarranted prejudice. Who told you short people are wicked? Are you more magnanimous than Osita Iheme ( pawpaw)? Heal yourself from bigotry and prejudice before commenting on online forums.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by nairamaniac: 10:50am On Dec 01, 2013
its true. Short people are wicked and more prone to inferiority complex. You wouldn't know how extreme or unmagnanimous your osita can be until u make him a governor or a president.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by nairamaniac: 10:51am On Dec 01, 2013
obyrich: Your post lacks wisdom and full of hate and unwarranted prejudice. Who told you short people are wicked? Are you more magnanimous than Osita Iheme ( pawpaw)? Heal yourself from bigotry and prejudice before commenting on online forums.
. its true. Short people are wicked and more prone to inferiority complex. You wouldn't know how extreme or unmagnanimous your osita can be until u make him a governor or a president.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by KriTic24A: 4:10pm On Dec 01, 2013
bloggernaija:

Heartless?
No,
I am a lover of law and order and,
There is an economic side to this argument.
What about the widow who borrowed money from loan sharks to rent a shop at a ridiculous interest rate,pays taxes and is being undercut ?
People selling illegally by the roadside are daily undercutting those inside the market and car parks.
While those in the market pay daily taxes used to build roads ,bridges etc,
Those highway hustlers just get a free lunch.
A society without enforced rules and laws will simply whither and die.
The old Wild West around Texas had vengeance laws back in the days.
You kill my father , I kill you full stop.
The laws may look barbaric now but they were good enough to enforce order.
The choice of words by the governor was bad.
All agreed .
But his action was right on the dough .
THE LAW SIMPLY HAS TO BE BLIND.
you cannot take your jagbanjatise to the middle of Times Square and trlalsfagar square and start frying akara.
MY BET IS YOUR BUTTS WILL BE FRYING THAT AKARA IN LONG ISLAND PRISON BEFORE THE END OF THE NIGHT.

The lack of law and order is responsible for the present state of the country.
People pick and chose which laws to obey and which laws to break.
What is the difference between this woman and igbinedion.
If you are confortable with this civil crime ,then you are confortable with more serious crimes.
This is the very reason why igbinedion walked away with a slap on the wrist and ,
You are advocating the same for this woman.
You know the reason why nigeria is shitas?

YOU

If they are so passionate about enforcing the so-called blind law, why does it not start from the top?

Why do we still have president/ governor's convoy that kill people?

Why do we still have governor who choose which law to obey?

Don't forget your president came to power by sidelining a simple agreement, ehn?

If the woman had been the wife of a powerful suppoter of Oshio's party, would he still have the temerity to talk to her like that not to talk of insulting her?

The rotteness of a fish start from the head.

Let them start the cleansing from the TOP...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Babatunde Abisuga Jailed For 24 Months For Pension Scam / Buhari At Ministerial Retreat For 2017 Budget (Photos) / PDP To Osinbajo: ''You Are A Beneficiary Of Corruption''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.