Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,527 members, 7,920,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 03:30 PM

Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian (29349 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / 10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by anochuko01(m): 8:38am On Nov 30, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

dude shut up.

load of bs.
neither do i expect any words of wisdom from smbdy who promotes witch-craft
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:40am On Nov 30, 2013
anochuko01:

thats not witch-craft.
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by anochuko01(m): 8:45am On Nov 30, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

thats not witch-craft.
wats nt witchcraft?
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Antivirus92(m): 8:47am On Nov 30, 2013
This thread reminds me of the movie i just finished yesterday.....el clon...(lucas and jade)
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:52am On Nov 30, 2013
anochuko01:
wats nt witchcraft?

drinking blood and eating flesh.

that is witchcraft.

pure sorcery.
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by chubaba1(m): 9:04am On Nov 30, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Dude im speaking from the perspective of a Nigerian and a Tribal.

Tribe comes before these (foreign religions), ESPECIALLY when we are talking about marriage.

The sons and daughters of Oduduwa have the right to marry each other.

The sons and daughters of Bayanjidda have the right to marry each other.

The sons and daughters of Eri have the right to marry each other.

No jesus or muhammad who were born yesterday has the RIGHT to create rifts between our people, when our tribes and customs predate the birth of even these abrahamists grand papa.

If you are of the same blood, no external force has the RIGHT to prevent you from marrying each other.
dis guy rili mean say him b pegan oo!
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by MomohLawal: 9:05am On Nov 30, 2013
sakaguchi: Well, my girlfriend is a Muslim, we have eyes gazed to the future. I'm a Christian and personally, I believe that "love conquers all". People have reservations about such relationships, I hear muslim men are allowed to marry Christians or Jewsbaras and are not compel to force their wives to change faith so long as children from that patriarchal setup we invariably be muslims.
My folks a just watching now I guess, her parents don't seem to raise their eyebrow with furrowed forehead, so we just might be.
Our understanding is that I wouldn't force her to change faith which ofcourse I don't see me doing.

However, Islam doesn't allow girls to marry outside the faith and Christianity doesn't allow both male and female to be wedded with non-believers ( I think).
But at the end of the day love conquers all

When u marry a Muslim as a wife, my fear for u is that your generation will take to your wife religion as a Muslim. What is then your contribution to christiandoom. Pls try to convert your would be wife to your faith and save your self and generation the embarrassment that would follow after u are no more.
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Antivirus92(m): 9:08am On Nov 30, 2013
Chartey:
But you know your wife was never a Christian? Christianity is not by your name or birth. It's 100% un-Christian to marry a non-Christian, so someone who does that wasn't a Christian from the very beginning.
leave those people. All he said were lies! A strong muslim indeed...igbo woman...lol
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Mintayo(m): 9:08am On Nov 30, 2013
abbakacici: what you means as muslim you must believe in jesus, love him, respect him, dress like him, eat like him and when you said any bad thing about jesus automatically you are not more a muslim, as you all when a woman married she join her husband family even france the most liberal country in the world woman join her husband family by changing her name, so if a christian woman married into a muslim family, she is actually marrying into a family that love her GOD so jesus will never being disrespected in her present or absent , her religion book the bible will be respect but the other way around a muslim marrying into a christian family her god, prophets and her religion book will not be respected because am not saying christian are bad but is really hard to respect what you hate and don't believe in

[b]We both know u r nt saying the truth,we both know the Jesus in the Bible differ from d one in d quran...
Which muslim belives that Jesus is d Son of God?
Which muslim belives that Jesus died and resurected?
Which muslims believe that Jesus is Lord?
These r many more differences.
So any lady that marries a muslim man shld be ready to deny the above and anybody that denies dt Jesus is Lord,dies and rose from d dead and His the Son of God is not a christain.
As a muslim man how will u feel when ur christain wife starts saying dt Jesus is Lord,is d Son Of God,He died and rose d 3rd day-if u will allow her to say dis and also say yes to dis,then forget it you ARE NOT a muslim.
The only reason y quran allows a muslim man to marry a non-muslim is for d purpose of conversion and to populate islam,wht u wrote abv is not tru.
If a christain man marries a muslim woman,der is a tendency of her converting&her children too hence quran forbidden it-not everybody can be deceivd,pls note that.
And for those dt r talkin abt Love,i bet dey dnt knw dt Love is s SPIRITUAL ThING or WALK,it is not physical.
This is a spiritual matter,no christain that believes in d Bible shld ever marry a muslim.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 30, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: lol I thought you are the man in question as your a christian and she is a muslim.

Fp things is always a case of Admin, not mods dear.
Nope...ur thoughts are wrong oo! And pls show me d Admin's house (in-here)...I need an explanation.
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by TerpeOjorobaby: 9:37am On Nov 30, 2013
sakaguchi: Well, my girlfriend is a Muslim, we have eyes gazed to the future. I'm a Christian and personally, I believe that "love conquers all". People have reservations about such relationships, I hear muslim men are allowed to marry Christians or Jews and are not compel to force their wives to change faith so long as children from that patriarchal setup we invariably be muslims.
My folks a just watching now I guess, her parents don't seem to raise their eyebrow with furrowed forehead, so we just might be.
Our understanding is that I wouldn't force her to change faith which ofcourse I don't see me doing.

However, Islam doesn't allow girls to marry outside the faith and Christianity doesn't allow both male and female to be wedded with non-believers ( I think).
But at the end of the day love conquers all
guy I hope u knw d muslims marry more than one wife?by d time he brgs in another dat luv go start to fade.so pls spk for urslf
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Godsate: 9:39am On Nov 30, 2013
Bello ladan: Its unacceptable because d muslms belive in Jesus
(AS ) while d xtians folk dose'nt belive with Muhammed (SAW)

Because the price of salvation for mankind was paid on the cross of Calvary.

And Nothing should be added to the Word of God (Rev. 22:18-19)
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by dyfatai(m): 10:00am On Nov 30, 2013
churchillfrank: I think what muslims pratice as their religion has been altered..its not the original message that holy profect muhammed gave them...some people changed it to suit their selfish desires.
U think. And we are meant to give ur thought superiority without scrutiny because u r who?
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by ozuahphilipyah: 10:25am On Nov 30, 2013
A muslim can marry a christian if the real love and tororance is embided between the coup after all we all serve one God
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Dinvictus: 10:28am On Nov 30, 2013
My

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 30, 2013
^^^ That is not the point Christianity is a way of life predicated on a personal relationship with Christ.
It has nothing whatsoever to do with attending "mass" or being a "die-hard" Catholic, Anglican or Presbyterian
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:37am On Nov 30, 2013
harkindele:
Nope...ur thoughts are wrong oo! And pls show me d Admin's house (in-here)...I need an explanation.
I can only direct you to Mukina's crib.
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 30, 2013
Mujah1deen:
Was your mom an orphan?
Good Question. I am surprised her dad sanctioned it to be honest
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Mujah1deen: 10:39am On Nov 30, 2013
Dinvictus: My fulani Muslim mum got married to my imo state Catholic dad in 1981, they re still married till date. My mum still goes to mosque we kids re all die hard Catholics. My mum attends only weddings, family thanksgiving and xmas mass.

Marriage is a union between man and woman ordained by God. Not between two Christians or Muslims etc. We re all God's creation.
Was your mom an orphan?
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 30, 2013
ozuahphilip@yah:
A muslim can marry a christian if the real love and tororance is embided between the coup after all we all serve one God
That is where you are completely wrong. Check John 14.6
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 30, 2013
babyosisi: It is good for the Muslim lady and the children they will have
They have higher chances of choosing the free gift of Salvation over legalism
A better choice for their souls
Well Madam Osisi You should know by now that it doesn't work like that.
What fellowship has light with darkness?The bible says that Christians should not be unequally yoked with unbelievers
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:54am On Nov 30, 2013
chu-baba:
dis guy rili mean say him b pegan oo!

whats the big surprize

Your Granddad was not a Pagan? undecided
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by FKMagazine(m): 10:54am On Nov 30, 2013
martronilla: A Muslim man is allowed to marry a Christian
woman, but a Christian man is not permitted
to marry a Muslim woman.
I remember hearing an interview on the
radio with a Muslim, a few years ago. As the
interview began, the host asked the Muslim
guest whether he was married. He replied
that Islam is so open and tolerant that he is
married to a Christian. Islam means equality
and no discrimination.
However, the quick-minded interviewer
asked him if Islam allows a Jewish man or a
Christian man to marry a Muslim woman.
The guest’s enthusiasm dropped a little. He
had to concede that Islam does not allow
this. The radio host pressed home the point,
saying that the guest’s first statement was a
little misleading, wasn’t it? They argued for a
moment or two. Then, if I recall correctly, the
radio host sensed his guest’s unease and
changed the subject.
A short article from a Muslim website,
representing many others, says about
religiously mixed marriages:
It is not permissible for a Muslim woman to
marry a non-Muslim man.
It is permissible for a Muslim man to marry a
Christian/Jewish woman strictly under these
two conditions:
1. She is a true Christian/Jew – not by
name and/or ancestral background.
2. She did not renegade from Islam and
become a Christian/Jew.
Why is marriage allowed in only one
direction? Maybe seventh-century Arab
culture will answer this question. Perhaps
the Quran itself does not honor women,
married or not.
What does the New Testament say on the
matter?
The Quran
For the historical and literary topical context
of this next sura (chapter), please click here.
The Quran in Sura 5:5 says:
. . . Likewise you are permitted to marry
chaste believing women [Muslims] or chaste
women among the people who were given
the Scripture [Jews and Christians] . . . .
(Maududi, vol. 1, p. 427)
This verse, as noted, says that Islam permits
Muslim men to marry non-Muslim women
who are Christians and Jews, but a Jewish
or Christian man may not marry a Muslim
woman. (In this article I will address only the
Christian community.) What is the rationale
behind the ruling?
Beyond any doubt, Islam is patriarchal, so a
Muslim man must have final control in the
relationship. For example, Sura 4:34 says
that a husband may hit his wife, but no
verse in the Quran says a wife may hit her
husband—as if domestic violence in any
form is acceptable.
It may be true that Muhammad at first
respected Judaism and Christianity, but he
turned against them later on in his life, as
seen in this article and this one. So this
means that in seventh-century Arab culture
a Muslim man may dominate his wife or
wives, but not a Christian man who would
dominate his Muslim wife.
Islam allegedly is the best and final religion
for all humankind, and the Muslim man may
convert his submissive wife. Perhaps in
Muhammad’s mind no woman could ever
convert a Muslim man, if he is a
traditionalist. Today, this is especially true if
he comes from a hard line region in an
Islamic country or a hard line Muslim family.
Therefore, Christian women must be careful
about marrying Muslim men. Islam does not
give the same rights to women as it does to
men. In fact, the Quran clearly says that
women are inferior to men.
Further, to be blunt, but also factual, Islam
generally is a cruel and harsh slave-master.
This article shows that Muslim men are
permitted to have sex with their slave-girls.
This article gives the top ten reasons why
Islam is not the religion of peace. And this
article offers the top ten reasons why
Islamic law is bloody and excessive—six
hundred years after Jesus showed us a
better way. Finally, this article gives the top
ten rules in the Quran that oppress and
insult women. Islam, as the whole world
knows by many, many reports, does not
honor women.
Therefore, Christians must not trade in the
eternal Son of God who sets people free
today and offers the love of God, for a
human and mortal messenger Muhammad
(Suras 3:144; 39:30; 41:4), who is too often
cruel and harsh and misogynistic. Islam
does not honor women.
If a Christian woman marries a Muslim, but
holds on to her beliefs, such as the Sonship
and Lordship of Christ, then ipso facto she
holds on to a false belief and may be
considered a "heretic" or an "infidel," if the
Quran and traditional Islamic theology are
followed consistently.
Also, would the children be Muslims or
Christians, or secular? The answer is clear, if
Islam is followed consistently.
What kind of marriage would this be?
Where is the spiritual connection and
agreement between husband and wife and
God?
The New Testament
The New Testament starts the soon-to-be
married couple on an equal footing in the
selection of a mate.
The New Testament in 1 Corinthians 7:39
says that a Christian woman may marry only
a Christian man (and vice-versa) (see also 2
Corinthians 6:14-18). At first glance, this
divine counsel seems too restrictive, but
looked at more deeply, it demonstrates a lot
of wisdom. If a married couple starts their
walk together with the same faith and
theology, then this takes the pressure off of
possibly converting the partner to the
other’s faith. One partner does not have to
"evangelize" the other partner. Neither
partner starts off as an "infidel" or "heretic."
In Biblical Christianity, the man and the
woman must have a deep, spiritual
relationship with Jesus Christ, individually,
through the power of the Holy Spirit before
they become one flesh in marriage. This
means their spiritual intimacy with the Lord
will be shared in the couple’s own intimacy
with each other.
Also, this true spiritual equality takes away
any patriarchy. The woman already agrees
with the husband in matters of religion, so
what need does he have to control the
relationship and lay down religious law?
In a way, Islam acknowledges this
restriction when it forbids a Muslim from
marrying a polytheist or idolater (Sura
2:221). They are too far apart theologically.
Likewise, though neither religion is
polytheistic, Islam and Christianity are too
far apart theologically and spiritually, notably
in Muhammad’s denial of the Sonship of
Jesus Christ, an essential, non-negotiable
doctrine in Christianity. Islam wrongly
demotes Jesus to a mere prophet. The New
Testament everywhere affirms the Sonship
of Christ.
On a heart-felt level, the Muslim does not
receive the Holy Spirit because he does not
receive Christ as Savior and Lord. In fact,
Islamic theology erroneously reduces the
Holy Spirit to the angel Gabriel. This means
that a marriage between a Muslim and a
Christian would be unequal. And this is risky
for the Christian, since she would be most
vulnerable to a particularly strong patriarchy
that may rear its ugly head later on in the
marriage.
Remember, the Quran gives permission to
husbands to hit their wives if the husbands
merely fear high handedness or rebellion in
their wives (Sura 4:34).
Besides this practical reason, if a Christian
understands the New Testament, then he or
she must not marry a Muslim, for spiritual
and theological reasons.
A Christian couple must keep spiritual unity.
They must raise their children in spiritual
harmony, as followers of Christ.

U re learned, intelligent, truthful, analytically minded, clear enough and final...may God bless u and help us Christians
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Dinvictus: 11:19am On Nov 30, 2013
@

I am very fortunate cos sallah meat and xmas chicken all year round.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by map96(m): 11:40am On Nov 30, 2013
Islam dint allow muslim women to marry men frm oda religion cos d woman is bliv to follow her husband religion,, n dereby givin birth to children of oder religion... N too d oda guy sayin islam oppress women....d quran prescribe beatin her witout marks..(is dat possible) n onli as d last result if she dint do ur wish? All i knw is d muslims here will wanna prove liberal n marry xtians..buh dem xtians will rather die dan do so
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by mrgreen4real(m): 11:41am On Nov 30, 2013
If u try am for north them go slaughter ur head begin shout allahu akbar *gbam*
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by chloride6: 11:50am On Nov 30, 2013
anochuko01:

Mr Anochuko or what ever you call you self. What make you better than some one who pratices witch craft.

I am a christian but i salute this guys who have the courage to continue their traditional belief system amidst western intimidation.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:07pm On Nov 30, 2013
chloride6:

Mr Anochuko or what ever you call you self. What make you better than some one who pratices witch craft.

I am a christian but i salute this guys who have the courage to continue their traditional belief system amidst western intimidation.

Thnx Brother.

The Gods Bless You. smiley
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by anochuko01(m): 12:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
chloride6:

did u just encourage idol worshiping?
Did u just encourage a person who's busy working his way to hell? Are u sure u are a born again Christain?
Maybe smbdy has mis-interpreted smthng here!
If you encourage idol worshiping, how and why then are u a Christain?
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
anochuko01:
did u just encourage idol worshiping?
Did u just encourage a person who's busy working his way to hell? Are u sure u are a born again Christain?
Maybe smbdy has mis-interpreted smthng here!
If you encourage idol worshiping, how and why then are u a Christain?

We dont worship idols.

We worship the GODS through idols, since we cant touch, feel, or see the SPiritual realm.

the only difference between us and you is that you use idols of men (jesus/mary), while we use idols representing higher powers/Gods.

We also do not believe in hell.

We believe in Karma (immediate justice) and reincarnation.
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by anochuko01(m): 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

We dont worship idols.

We worship the GODS through idols, since we cant touch, feel, or see the SPiritual realm.

the only difference between us and you is that you use idols of men (jesus/mary), while we use idols representing higher powers/Gods.

We also do not believe in hell.

We believe in Karma (immediate justice) and reincarnation.
the only god that the idols connect to is the devil (dats why i equatd it to witchcraft e.g illuminati), and he has bn condemd a lng time ago.
thank goodness that God isnt in the business of INSTANT JUDGEMENT anymore....even me would av bn long gone.
The only way to get conneted to the Most superior God is thru Christ. The grace is available in dis ur one life time
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by martronilla: 1:37pm On Nov 30, 2013
dollyparton:
Can you please give me the link to the site or the name of th site proper. I'll kindly appreciate it.
this is the link:
http://www.zawaj.com/articles/outside.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pastor Enenche Prays For Osinachi's twin Sister, Grace At Dunamis Crusade / Apostle Suleman Condemns Comedians That Joke About Jesus / Anthony Cardinal Okogie As A Nigerian Army Chaplain During The Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.