Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,281 members, 7,884,499 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:26 AM

A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State (24833 Views)

Misconception In Islam: Alcohol Is Forbidden In All Forms / Minor Could Be A Bride Stop The Fuse And Get Educated-muslim's View On Underage / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by habufarid(m): 10:51am On Dec 05, 2013
This is all crap and cheap propaganda. Alcohol consumption is prohibited in both Islam and Christianity. It is Morally wrong and injurious to health. Destruction of bottles of alcohol has no any religious inclination. It is d right call to make. So stop compairing it with call to prayers.

1 Like

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Zags001: 10:59am On Dec 05, 2013
tiarabubu:

Unfortunately, you are not a very good debater that is why I seldom reply you. In your haste to reply you very easily lose context, focus and synergy. I will make an exception today and give a short reply for the sake of your minions. And by the way, the answer to Muslim's missteps is not "Non-Muslims did it too" or "Non-Muslims caused it".

Unfortunately, comparing the biased action of a University with that of a whole State like kano confirms your lack of ability to balance an argument. Unfortunately for you, what you are saying this has been a reoccuring complaint of the Non-Muslim community in places like UDU and even KSU. It is no qualms for Kastina state to build 34 of Mosques with government funds (over a quarter of a billion naira) while some of its citizens are non-muslims and it has more pressing socioeconomic problems! But I let it be so you go figure.

The resistance to Islamic banking was about the CBN using government money to promote a bank that is based on religion. This was the reason for the opposition - e.g. setting up of "expert Council" within the CBN made up of Islamic Scholars, using CBN money to promote the bank etc. That was CAN's official position. Of course, others misunderstood, misinterpreted and of course even some Christians misunderstood CAN's official position. CAN's position carried the day as CBN allowed private individuals to fund the bank and did not carry out that misstep of using government money to spend on a religious based bank. And crucially, there were no burning of mosques and murders etc during the Islamic banking debate.

As per your opposition to drinking, thats your problem. As bad as it is, as long as it is not illegal, you can only persuade people through education and reason not some brute force 16 century style of coercion.

As per people not covering up... What is your idea of covering up? If a lady dresses normally and decently and you are still hot under the collar because of exposed hair or face, check yourself. Its your twisted perverted mind that is the problem and not the girl.

As per the Christmas tree, you are joking right? When Muslims were at the helm and bought hundreds of goats and distributed during sallah at the government expense, who complained? Did you know the Minister of FCT and almost all northern governors distributed rams with government money too? Who protested? I was in Nigeria during the last Sallah and many major intersections in Abuja had large signboards proclaiming Sallah greetings from the MFCT, who protested? In fact I will stop here before I unwittingly become guilty of what I am accusing you of.

Just know that Kano was wrong in that action, pure and simple. That action should be judged for what it is . Claiming non-muslims "actions" as the basis for the action is sooooo lame.
Best post so far on dis thread. @tiarababu, u ar realli brain. Keep it up!

1 Like

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by debetmx(m): 11:01am On Dec 05, 2013
habufarid: This is all crap and cheap propaganda. Alcohol consumption is prohibited in both Islam and Christianity. It is Morally wrong and injurious to health. Destruction of bottles of alcohol has no any religious inclination. It is d right call to make. So stop compairing it with call to prayers.

Who prohibited alcohol consumption in Christianity? Most I follow sheepishly everything I read in the bible? Why do you bigots (hard line muslims and christians) find it very hard to accept alcohol consumption? Have you ever heard of freedom of choice (my money and my health).

If I am ever going to leave alcohol, it would never be on religious grounds and I don't even see myself leaving it.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Zags001: 11:03am On Dec 05, 2013
Baby mama: See how Islam constantly segregates people
Listen to the Muslim writers here
Christian areas and Muslims areas being thrown freely
Islam is the only religion on earth that segregates against people yet they shout on the pages of print of tolerance

Isn't it amazing that a religion sees alcohol as evil yet they have the worst smokers on earth
The world largest producer of Opium is a Muslim country
Which is a worse evil?

Children in Kano sniff glue and by products of gutters to get high
Even grandmothers smoke
But alcohol is evil?
My dear, na so we see am ooo.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by BetaThings: 11:08am On Dec 05, 2013
Baby mama:

Thank you
The sultan of Sokoto is fighting to release the Kogi lecturer accused of being a Boko haram henchman
Yet alcohol is their problem

Is it alcohol that slaughtered hundreds on the streets of Kano and sent the Emir running to London
Mschtwwww

Because they claim he has been framed
If we turn a blind eye when the innocent is being punished, what will say when it happens to us
I am happy that I have spoken up for non-muslims when they were wrongly accused - Tochukwu's case comes to mind
My conscience is not dead

But we know that this government has framed people in the past
Within 24 hours of 2010 Oct 1 bombing, the President absolved MEND - nothing wrong with that if done in truth
And SSS came up with 3 text messages that seemed to implicate IBB and his campaign manager Dokpesi
"Na we do am", Come make I gist you", "Have you collected the money from Dokpesi" and "Let us meet at IBB campaign office"
Dokpesi was picked up
He was granted bail
and the case against him forgotten after he left IBB campaign team

If people are saying this guy has always spoken against BH, we need to pause
afterall we have people who used to be denigrated on NL without evidence now confronting BH in the name of civilian JTF
And we know that BH also kills Muslims too now

1 Like

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by deols(f): 11:08am On Dec 05, 2013
vedaxcool: It is within the govt. Rights to ban Substances that r known to reduce the brain capacity to act normally, the only reason we r having this conversation is simply bcoz it was done in a muslim dominated state. Now I believe the govt. Of the state should have acted more circumspect. Due to the sort of complexity of Nigeria. I think there is an existing agreement on sabongari permitting them to drink as much Apolloalcohol they want in other words live according to their customs.

hi5

1 Like

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by deols(f): 11:09am On Dec 05, 2013
Islam is the only religion on earth that segregates against people yet they shout on the pages of print of tolerance

Isn't it amazing that a religion sees alcohol as evil yet they have the worst smokers on earth
Which is a worse evil?

Even grandmothers smoke
But alcohol is evil?

Smoking is HARAM. It is not allowed and should be banned. But wouldn't the likes of you cry fowl when that is done?
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by baba11(m): 11:28am On Dec 05, 2013
simi_olu1:

Like seriously SMH cos U have a totally screwed up idea of what human rights are! Lest I forget, ur second point implies that ALL who consume alcohol aren't in their right minds.
The issue is a constitutional one: Did d Gov break ANY Nigerian law in destroying those alcoholic drinks? Not a RELIGIOUS or MORAL debate.
This isn't a Christian vs Muslim thing mind U. Cos Christianity DOESN'T support consumption of alcohol too.
Is human right supercede constitution?Constitution has banned it,then why the importation?
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by deols(f): 11:28am On Dec 05, 2013
naptu2: 1) What's the difference between the Criminal Code and the Penal Code?

2) Is Nigeria a federation or a unitary state?

3) Is bigamy an offence under the penal code?

4) What does the NDLEA do with confiscated indian hemp? Does it return the hemp to the city it originated from or does it destroy the hemp?

5) Is the criminalisation of indian hemp a violation of the rights of hemp smokers?

6) Is "desertion of a pregnant woman" a crime under the Edo State Criminal Code? Is it a crime under the Niger State Penal Code? Is it a crime under the Lagos State Criminal Code?
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by deols(f): 11:29am On Dec 05, 2013
naptu2: 1) What's the difference between the Criminal Code and the Penal Code?

2) Is Nigeria a federation or a unitary state?

3) Is bigamy an offence under the penal code?

4) What does the NDLEA do with confiscated indian hemp? Does it return the hemp to the city it originated from or does it destroy the hemp?

5) Is the criminalisation of indian hemp a violation of the rights of hemp smokers?

6) Is "desertion of a pregnant woman" a crime under the Edo State Criminal Code? Is it a crime under the Niger State Penal Code? Is it a crime under the Lagos State Criminal Code?
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by BetaThings: 11:31am On Dec 05, 2013
Sabon Gari is traditionally for strangers, whether muslim or non-muslim
Please respect history
And it is not only in Nigeria that that is done
If you study the history of WWII in regard to Singapore, you will notice segregation too

Baby mama: Islam is the only religion on earth that segregates against people yet they shout on the pages of print of tolerance
No it is done by Christians and we saw it a few weeks ago

http://www.punchng.com/news/anambra-obi-campaigns-for-catholic-governor/

Even in your beloved America there is still segregation
On Sunday mornings, black and white Christians go their separate ways (churches)
Pentecostals tell Catholics to repent all the time. We know

Baby mama:
Mexico (90% christian) is the kidnapping capital of the country, yet it is not under a foreign occupation
That muslim country you refer to has been at war and under foreign occupation for decades
A lot of anti-social behaviour developments accompany wars
Check out the aftermath of Nigerian civil war, the war in Sierra Leone

Baby mama: Which is a worse evil?[/b]
Even grandmothers smoke
But alcohol is evil?
Christian-dominated states lead in HIV infection both in the North and South - officially
Christian states lead in kidnapping in the country - that is official
Christian states lead in baby factories and the associated support infrastructure of r.a.ping
Christian states lead in ritual killings
But you don't have statistics for what you quote
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 05, 2013
Sissie:

Yes if you want to buy something you go to where it's sold, if I want soup ingredients I go to the market or to the mall and buy the ingredients, if you want to drink you go to the bar, do we have bars in kano state? Yes and it's in major non muslim areas in kano.

Like I said earlier alcohol and Hijab are not on the same level, and no its not against majority religion in the non muslim state, non Muslims are not forced to wear the Hijab in majority Muslim region, and banning alcohol in certain areas of kano is not against the Christian religion.
now imagine, if government decides to move the market where u buy soup ingredients from your reach to may be another state or somewhere very far to ur house that u had to spend double the amount of what u want to buy on transportation. is that government fair?
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by BetaThings: 11:42am On Dec 05, 2013
Ile-Ife:
The world moves in circles man. There was a time in this country where we had two masjids in Aso-villa with zero chapels. Islam is the most intolerant religion in the world no doubt. So, you'll find cases of discrimination anywhere you have muslim majority. This happens everywhere in the world once muslim outnumber others. so ...............

These are commentaries. Provide facts
And Christians don't discriminate?
Christians are more intolerant than Muslims - we can bring statistics

Ile-Ife:
Sanusi wanted to use non-halal (CBN) money to finance the project before the public outcry and change of plan. An islamic bank can't sustain it self, thats why they need governments to secretly bail them out, year-in-year-out, except the bank is fake and not entirely shariah compliant. like everything islamic, islamic finance is discriminatory.
hahaha
Try again. Why do I get the impression that Christians support their religion with lies
Nobody requires the FG to set up an Islamic Bank
Are GT, Zenith etc owned by FG
I don't want to put my money in a government bank
Saying Islamic Bank cannot sustain itself shows that you don't understand islamic Banks
Research a little. You are a Nigerian, saying this before an international will make me lose face

Ile-Ife:
We all know the hijab is a show of power,
We? Who are these people
So hijab is now like a swagger stick?

[quote author=Ile-Ife]a sign of conquered territory, it has nothing to do salvation or holiness.
The hijab users don't have any fixed territory. The live amid people whether they are in the majority or minority
You are confusing hijab users with nuns
It is nuns that live in a specific territory - convent
It is nuns that appear holy - they say they are married to "God" and man cannot touch them

Ile-Ife:
Forget the symbolic charades and violence,
Violence, territory?. I see. modakeke people will not forget
Your brothers and sisters (Jukuns v Tiv; Umuleri v Aguleri) are also not violent
They are only involved in random sword play leading to "minor" massacre and destruction of properties and sacking of villages

Ile-Ife:
islam will become what the "free" world is, a huge business enterprise with the islamic finance, halal restaurants/food, islamic schools, islamic fashion, etc everything and anything, just label it islamic with the help of a few mullahs or sheiks, you are in business.

So, pack well with your patronising religious palaver.

Sorry, Islam will not join you to embrace f.a.g.,g,o,t,ry
And we know that is why you side with atheists with their revolting ideas to malign Islam
Free world - really? a Nigerian Christian has the same rights as an American Christian in the US?
Listen to Oprah, Colin Powell (both of them are blacks)
you are just a yahoo-yahoo scammer

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by BetaThings: 11:43am On Dec 05, 2013
debetmx:

Since 1914, how many Northerners have been prosecuted for killing non- hausa/fulanis?
Reverse the question and answer it
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by yousee(m): 12:02pm On Dec 05, 2013
deols:

Very reasonable.

I find it hard to fathom how Christians agree with what their religion is against when they need to go against Islam.

Any Muslim who needs to get 'high' for a religious practice is definitely deceiving himself.

Deols, that statement is an open door to attacks on your person.

Burning and slaying humans is not a religious function. Is it?
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by BetaThings: 12:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
debetmx:

Kindly reverse it and answer it for me.

Do you remember how many Southerners and ibos in general were killed by the Northerners from May 1966 - October 1966?
Look, I beg of you, I don't want to start a tribal exchange here. I am a muslim and assabiya (tribalism) is frowned upon in Islam
And whether we admit it or not - there are Hausa Christians and Fulani Christians
A lot of Ibrahim, Dauda (not David), Ayuba etc in Kaduna state are Christians
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by BetaThings: 12:21pm On Dec 05, 2013
yousee: Deols, that statement is an open door to attacks on your person.too.

I apologise for cutting in
But do you think a Muslim is allowed to burn a human being?
If there is a war between Muslims and non-muslims properly declared by a recognised Muslim leader (not just some random mad people running amok in the name of a religion they barely understand), muslims will defend themselves
But burning a human being is haram
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by deols(f): 12:41pm On Dec 05, 2013
yousee:

Deols, that statement is an open door to attacks on your person.

what are you talking about and why the rhetoric? Say what you want to say plain and simple.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by deols(f): 12:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
trenchcoat: First and foremost the writer is not a Muslim. He is only speaking of his mind on what he feels should have or shouldn't have. A Muslim does not have a different view in terms of the doctrines of Islam,as Muslims we are guided by the tenets of Islam, going contrary to what Islam says is going out of Islam. Secondly, how could a Muslim be comparing Athan and Alcohol? It is either the person is pained for seeing what he lust for been crushed or is indirectly in support of the consumption of alcohol, I guess he was tipsy when he scribbled this trash. The issue of including Christians does not arise as alcohol consumption is not acceptable in the bible. The writer is the real hypocrite and trying to create confusion between the Muslims and Christians, you call harming yourself with toxins human right? Why cant you follow the rights of Islam and shun your delusional view? Deols what have you achieved in posting such misleading note? You succeeded in showering arguments and insults only few are debating.
Right or no right what do they benefit in taking alcohol....Nothing is the answer, just making a fool of themselves and you call that enjoyment? What a waste of time.

So you are the one who determines who is a Muslim and who is not. Do you also have the list of those who will enter paradise and those who won't?
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by deols(f): 12:56pm On Dec 05, 2013
@debetmx, no tribal post will be allowed here.

You can stop already.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 05, 2013
young money101: Just curious to knw which is beta to be banned... Alcohol dat is more safer than cheap drugs been mostly consumed by mostly 80%youths,(both male and female)..and even married women Muslim populate in kano based on facts Dat I knw..is dis not hypocrisy at its peak to ban alcohol in Muslim areas n yet do nothing about the sales n circulation of cheap drugs dat is rampaging more lifes in kano?to me it's not a matter of sharia it's jst a direct attack on non Muslims..,,cos d r not even observing any sharia law dia..it's jst hypocrisy
u put everything upside down, there r fédéral laws That banned those drugs u mentioned and fédéral agencies r doing their best to enforce those laws in the state. There r no fédéral laws banning alcohol in nigeria, Is there anything wrong if a state enact a law banning sale nd consumption of alcohol to compliment those fédéral laws?
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Samar1: 1:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
WHY ISLAM PROHIBITED AlCOHOL.
Alcohol has been the scourge of human society since time immemoril,it continues to cost humam lives, and couses terrible misery to millions throughout the world.
Alcohol is the root couse of several problem facing the society :
1.cancer of oesophagus
2.Hepatome
3.cardiomyopathy
4.Cirrhosis of liver
5.peripheral nueropathy.
There are several scientific reason for the prohibition of consumption of alcohol, the maximum number of death in the world related to any one partcular couse is due to the consumption of alcohol .
According to national crime victimization survey bureau, usa, in the year 2005 alone an average 2713 rape took place, the statistic tell us that the majority of rapist were intoxicated while committing the crime.
PROHIBITION OF ALCOHOl IN BIBLE.
1.wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging and whosoever is decieved thereby is not wise.
proverv 20:1
And be not drunk wth wine.
Ephesian 5:18
There are so many reasons why islam condemn ed alcohol, therefore kano state is wise enough in destroying such social virus (Alcohol )!
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by zebra(m): 1:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
Let them come and destroy the breweries and beer in kaduna, that is when they will get an answer to the question they've been asking us.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by debetmx(m): 1:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
deols: @debetmx, no tribal post will be allowed here.

You can stop already.

What is tribal about my posts? Kindly provide answers to the issues I raised.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by debetmx(m): 2:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
Samar1: WHY ISLAM PROHIBITED AlCOHOL.
Alcohol has been the scourge of human society since time immemoril,it continues to cost humam lives, and couses terrible misery to millions throughout the world.
Alcohol is the root couse of several problem facing the society :
1.cancer of oesophagus
2.Hepatome
3.cardiomyopathy
4.Cirrhosis of liver
5.peripheral nueropathy.
There are several scientific reason for the prohibition of consumption of alcohol, the maximum number of death in the world related to any one partcular couse is due to the consumption of alcohol .
According to national crime victimization survey bureau, usa, in the year 2005 alone an average 2713 rape took place, the statistic tell us that the majority of rapist were intoxicated while committing the crime.
PROHIBITION OF ALCOHOl IN BIBLE.
1.wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
There are so many reasons why islam condemn ed alcohol, therefore kano state is wise enough in destroying such social virus (Alcohol )!

1.wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging and whosoever is decieved thereby is not wise.

It is not wise to fetch water in a basket, so someone who fetches water into a basket has committed a sin?

Must you get drunk with alcohol?

The Governor of Kano State is wise enough in destroying social vice (alcohol) but the government is not wise enough in destroying poverty and corruption?

Keep deluding yourselves to suit your belief.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by deols(f): 2:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
joker5180: u put everything upside down, there r fédéral laws That banned those drugs u mentioned and fédéral agencies r doing their best to enforce those laws in the state. There r no fédéral laws banning alcohol in nigeria, Is there anything wrong if a state enact a law banning sale nd consumption of alcohol to compliment those fédéral laws?

I think d last part is what naptu2 was going to talk about. But he did not undecided
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by madobi85: 2:13pm On Dec 05, 2013
See diffrent attacks on muslims nd Islam all because a govt tryna stop d consumption nd flow of wat is unlaw in both Holy books...why cnt sum fellows call spade by its name.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by debetmx(m): 2:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
madobi85: See diffrent attacks on muslims nd Islam all because a govt tryna stop d consumption nd flow of wat is unlaw in both Holy books...why cnt sum fellows call spade by its name.

Where was it made unholy in the bible? Remember Jesus changed water into wine.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 05, 2013
Are you people saying none muslims don't drink alcohol ? U will be a great hypocrite if u say they don't. Well, That's not my problem, but why must someone be forced to carry out a religious duty? Why must he be forced not to eat or drink what he so wish? If he goes to hell, how does it affects you that is forcing other people not to take what they feel is good for them? Please, help me check that god.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Recommended Time-table For Ramadan / Eid-El-Malud: Celebrants Block Road In Gombe State (Photos) / Why Do Muslims Write, Wash And Drink Quranic Surahs. (ountu)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.