Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,226 members, 7,880,848 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:06 AM

Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. (1045 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / The Followers Of Orisas ^ ^ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
Hi everyone. I'm a lover of Christ, i understand the importance & significance of grace, i believe & hope absolutely in Jesus.

Continual fall into a particular sin has left my spirit burned out. I've repented & got back to this sin very many times. There was a time i cried seriously on the altar of my church & even told God to destroy my life if i go back to it, & guess what, i still went back to it. I learnt that promising God cannot help me.

I understand that no sin is too dirty for Jesus, but my spirit is so weighed down that i don't feel like going to Jesus for repentance anymore. I feel highly unworthy. It's like i'm tired of myself. I keep doing the opposite of what i want to do. I've been robbed of my peace. When i go to church i feel so sad.

Please what can i do to beam with peace, joy & hope once again? How do i put my life back in track with Jesus my saviour?

Note: No muslims & atheists commenting please.
Re: Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sin that makes you waste away?
What's the sin?
Re: Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 29, 2013
Please just give me that benefit. I'd rather not mention it, but it's surely a huge blockage to christian growth & wellbeing.
Re: Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. by cbrass(m): 9:04pm On Nov 29, 2013
holamiday: Hi everyone. God bless you for clicking here. I'm a lover of Christ, i understand the importance & significance of grace, i believe & hope absolutely in Jesus.

Continual fall into a particular sin has left my spirit burned out. I've repented & got back to this sin very many times. There was a time i cried seriously on the altar of my church & even told God to destroy my life if i go back to it, & guess what, i still went back to it. I learnt that promising God cannot help me.

My life has been so battered by sin that i feel so unworthy before God. I understand that no sin is too dirty for Jesus, but my spirit is so weighed down that i don't feel like going to Jesus for repentance anymore. I feel highly unworthy. It's like i'm tired of myself. I keep doing the opposite of what i want to do. I've been robbed of my peace. When i go to church i feel so sad.

I know i'm gradually wasting away. Please what can i do to beam with peace, joy & hope once again? How do i put my life back in track with Jesus my saviour? I really need help from you. Thank you. Yours in Christ. Olamide.

I once felt this way before, my sin then was MASTURBATION. Imagine me being a church organist falling into that sin repeatedly...infact you story is exactly what happens to me...then I over heard one day that som1 said that when d devil comes to tempt u to a particular sin that u hv been praying up on, ask God to disturb you at that moment.
It wil be nice you tell us the sin, u mayb on ur path to total freedom. Dtay blessed bro
Re: Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. by cbrass(m): 9:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
M+A+S+T+U+B+A+T+I+O+N
Re: Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. by Slasha1(f): 9:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
I suggest you confide in someone/people you know are more spiritually matured. The bible says "confess your sins to one another...". James 5:16
Hook yourself up with godly friends who can help your spiritual life.
Cry out to God as never before and avoid things that lead to such a sin,he's a loving God and will give you the grace to overcome
Lastly,endeavour to be committed to God's work the more. I pray that God will help you.
Re: Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. by Adrenaline123(m): 9:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
You know things and signs that signals you when the urge to commit the sin comes quickly flee, today I was listening to a Pst. nwandu on tv, he quoted a verse in the Bible (have forgoten) he explained further that when you sense temptation FLEE, he emphasized on the word flee, he said ''I did not mean resist or try to overcome, because most times we think that we are more powerful than temptation but yet later on we realise we have fallen to it, therefore in other not to pertake in trying to overcome the temptation FLEE from it immediatly you sense it approaching so you won't have anything to do with it. And try to remember the things, location, situation that normally gives rise to the urge to commit the sin, try to avoid them and remember pray often and read your Bible.
Re: Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. by cbrass(m): 9:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
If its the sin of fornication, anytime the devil wants to tempt just imagine that the girl is your sister( atleast you won't sleep with your sister) then FLEEeeeeeeee :DIf its the sin of fornication, anytime the devil wants to tempt just imagine that the girl is your sister( atleast you won't sleep with your sister) then FLEEeeeeeeee
Re: Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. by cbrass(m): 9:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
holamiday: Please just give me that benefit. I'd rather not mention it, but it's surely a huge blockage to christian growth & wellbeing.

That is the problem...say it so you can be free, once u share it your problem his half solved who knows there mayb ppl here that have fallen into that sin before and over came it.
Re: Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. by eyenCalabar(m): 9:57pm On Nov 29, 2013
He doesn't need to tell us the sin. I don't even understand what you guys mean by sin. The thing you call sin is uncountable so I wonder why such thing should make sense to you. It just like diseases and sicknesses --countless! Hence, these two don't exist. And the earlier you understand this the better else you'll always be in constant war with your body, soul and spirit. We have grown above them. We dominate them now. The ONLY reason that these things troubles you so much is because you have refuse to acknowledge what Jesus Christ came to do. Sin is a transgression of the law and Jesus Christ came so that He might fulfill the law and abolish it and this He did on the Cross. And for who? We ofcourse! So if you say you sinned, it means you are actually still under the law and how many laws can you keep with your own efforts? What is actually righteousness to you? Righteousness means having right standing with God without any sense of guilt or condemnation. And if this is true, do you think being righteous would be because of your own works? What can you actually do to please God? Don't try being self-righteous, it won't work. And this is the reason when you do a little wrong you feel so disappointed that you ain't pleasing God again. It doesn't work like that! You were just pleasing yourself. You can only please Him through Jesus. How? By accepting what He (God) himself did through Him (Jesus) and walking in the light of it. Please, stop condemning yourself because it'll only make you a frustrated Christian. Jesus came and died for us when we were still sinners so that through Him, we might become the righteousness of God. He reconciles the world to himself. All you need do now is accepting what He did and walking in that light and getting others to do the same. You are still valuable to Him the way you are. Just get to know Him more and more by studying His Word and this so-called sin wouldn't be a factor to you anymore. Stay blessed.
Re: Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
Eyencalabar^^ thank you very much. I appreciate everyone.
Re: Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. by cbrass(m): 11:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
eyenCalabar: He doesn't need to tell us the sin. I don't even understand what you guys mean by sin. The thing you call sin is uncountable so I wonder why such thing should make sense to you. It just like diseases and sicknesses --countless! Hence, these two don't exist. And the earlier you understand this the better else you'll always be in constant war with your body, soul and spirit. We have grown above them. We dominate them now. The ONLY reason that these things troubles you so much is because you have refuse to acknowledge what Jesus Christ came to do. Sin is a transgression of the law and Jesus Christ came so that He might fulfill the law and abolish it and this He did on the Cross. And for who? We ofcourse! So if you say you sinned, it means you are actually still under the law and how many laws can you keep with your own efforts? What is actually righteousness to you? Righteousness means having right standing with God without any sense of guilt or condemnation. And if this is true, do you think being righteous would be because of your own works? What can you actually do to please God? Don't try being self-righteous, it won't work. And this is the reason when you do a little wrong you feel so disappointed that you ain't pleasing God again. It doesn't work like that! You were just pleasing yourself. You can only please Him through Jesus. How? By accepting what He (God) himself did through Him (Jesus) and walking in the light of it. Please, stop condemning yourself because it'll only make you a frustrated Christian. Jesus came and died for us when we were still sinners so that through Him, we might become the righteousness of God. He reconciles the world to himself. All you need do now is accepting what He did and walking in that light and getting others to do the same. You are still valuable to Him the way you are. Just get to know Him more and more by studying His Word and this so-called sin wouldn't be a factor to you anymore. Stay blessed.

So what are you trying to say cos I can't make anything out of this long epistle of yours
eyenCalabar: He doesn't need to tell us the sin. I don't even understand what you guys mean by sin. The thing you call sin is uncountable so I wonder why such thing should make sense to you. It just like diseases and sicknesses --countless! Hence, these two don't exist. And the earlier you understand this the better else you'll always be in constant war with your body, soul and spirit. We have grown above them. We dominate them now. The ONLY reason that these things troubles you so much is because you have refuse to acknowledge what Jesus Christ came to do. Sin is a transgression of the law and Jesus Christ came so that He might fulfill the law and abolish it and this He did on the Cross. And for who? We ofcourse! So if you say you sinned, it means you are actually still under the law and how many laws can you keep with your own efforts? What is actually righteousness to you? Righteousness means having right standing with God without any sense of guilt or condemnation. And if this is true, do you think being righteous would be because of your own works? What can you actually do to please God? Don't try being self-righteous, it won't work. And this is the reason when you do a little wrong you feel so disappointed that you ain't pleasing God again. It doesn't work like that! You were just pleasing yourself. You can only please Him through Jesus. How? By accepting what He (God) himself did through Him (Jesus) and walking in the light of it. Please, stop condemning yourself because it'll only make you a frustrated Christian. Jesus came and died for us when we were still sinners so that through Him, we might become the righteousness of God. He reconciles the world to himself. All you need do now is accepting what He did and walking in that light and getting others to do the same. You are still valuable to Him the way you are. Just get to know Him more and more by studying His Word and this so-called sin wouldn't be a factor to you anymore. Stay blessed.

So what are you trying to say cos I can't make anything out of this long epistle of yours
Re: Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. by bizmahn: 11:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
matt.17:21 - Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Dear Poster, First of all, I want to mention emphatically that you owe no one the duty to disclose what the sin is except God.So please keep it to yourself except you meet a trusted minister that has high success rate in helping others break stubborn yokes.

Whatever cannot be self controlled is usually demon controlled.Whatever is demon controlled falls under yokes & bondages.Take the case of addiction to cigarettes & hard drugs.Your case is similar to a kind of addiction & to defeat the addiction spirit is not done by normal snap shot prayers.

1. You must genuinely repent & confess all known sin & to prove your sincerity to God, stop willfully yeilding to the sins you know you can control & use this as a pointer to beg for grace for the areas you are struggling with.

2. For yokes like addiction, prayers with fasting is required as in the above scriptures.Some yokes bow to 1,3,7, or even 21 days fast depending on if you do it aright.If you don't know how to fast on your own try the MFM prayer city & join their deliverance session after their sunday services.I don't say their methods are the best but you can hardly see any that come close.

3. There is also a sort of short cut if you don't know how to fast or if you can't find time to do so.Its called 'Anointing'.Actually fasting or deep spiritual exercises is done to brew anointing that breaks yokes & bondages.Anointing is a rare,unique & special supernatural power released by God to break yokes & bondages.It is acquired only by deep sacrifice to God in spirituality.

4. The anointing requires that you brew the anointing yourself by following step 2 above or you find someone that has acqired high level anointing by years of much deep spiritual exercises in faithfulness & have him help you.Unfortunately many people that have acquired this rare commodity called anointing have lost it by carelessness,flesh enthronement & lack of knowledge of how to maintain it.A short prayer from a truely anointed christian will break stubborn yokes of many years.Many men of God started with months or years of fasting & faithfulness that brought rare anointing that birthed extraordinary miracles & pulled crowd but many lost it all or have too little left even though the crowd is still there.

Sorry for the long post but I'm 'certain' if you can follow it you will get liberated.The only time you know you are liberated is if you find the problem id gone.There's hardly any other way to deal with stubborn yokes.
Re: Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. by eyenCalabar(m): 11:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
cbrass:

It's not rocket science so you should understand. What am saying is that there's nothing like sin for a child of God.
Re: Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. by cbrass(m): 11:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
Please don't mislead him. SIn IS SIN, remember even Paul had a problem similar too when he said "what I don't wish to do that is what I do" (I can't remember the chapter or verse) so why didn't Paul call it the law. I have noticed most of this new generation christians. There main message is the law and grace, but can we continue in sin and say that grace should abound? GODFORBID.
Even John said that if we sin we have an intercessor. Which is Jesus. Its best you confess this sin so you can tackle it physicaly and spiritualy else it may destroy you. Remember God changeth not, is word standeth for sure and will not allow any iniquity-even moses with the little sin he commited never got to Cannan. Am an old time christian and that will I be till Christ comes or Death
Godbless you

1 Like

Re: Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. by PastorOluT(m): 11:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
@ opwhat I am going to say might shock u, bt I enjoined u to be patient with me, read carefully n try to understand me.

The reason u have been failing is 'cos u have been trying so hard, u dont have to try to do anything. In fact that sin whatever it might be is not the problem, the problem is u trying not to go back to that sin. U dont have to try not to go back to the sin, 'cos the more u do the more u fall into that sin n more miserable for u cant help urself.

Now here lies the solution, since u cant help urself u need something/someone greater, bt the interesting is that He has always been there u just dont realize. There are so many scriptures I would have love to quote bt for my phone so I will try as much as possible to do a summary. See all that u are struggling with u have been set free from it but for an evil conscience (I enjoin u to read frosbel article on that something like God is not angry with u, Satan deception).

The devil so subtle as the bible describes him, kills so many already saved soul with evil conscience which we have been saved from when we came to Christ. If only only men would reckon themselves as dead in Christ according to Romans 6:11 then we will have little problem in our walk with Christ n live triumphantly daily in Christ.

Many still thinks they can live a perfect life in the flesh n thus strife for perfection which they fail at every time n given power to evil conscience. We are already perfect in Christ, though it need to manifest in our lives bt its not out of struggle for as we mature we just grow into the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.

Now for the victory to manifest in ur life, u do nothing about the sin n focus more on Christ, spend unique quality time in His presence in prayer n study of the word, now this is not 'cos of the sin bt for ur relationship with Him. Just bask in His presence n make sure that u do that daily forgetting every other thing. I tell u whatsoever issue in ur life will be forgotten in no time. It will also be good if u can fast, remember all these is not for any particular problem bt for ur spiritual health n growth.

The problem has always been putting the cart ahead of the horse, bt I tell u if u make Jesus n ur daily time with Him ur priority, u will sure live in daily triumph.

1 Like

Re: Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. by cbrass(m): 8:20am On Nov 30, 2013
eyenCalabar:

It's not rocket science so you should understand. What am saying is that there's nothing like sin for a child of God.

Hmmm...not true
Re: Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. by Slasha1(f): 8:39am On Nov 30, 2013
eyenCalabar:

I love people being practical. I fully understand the concept of grace and law,but it does not rule out the fact that you can sin so far your flesh is still there,it's a gradual process trying to put your flesh under subjection. I think telling a brother who is struggling with something that he can't sin won't help.
I really love what you said that he shouldn't condemn himself cos that is a pure deception from the devil,but all the same Jesus won't force us to "kill" the flesh,we have our part to play.
Re: Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. by Kei144(m): 9:05am On Nov 30, 2013
You have a Goliath facing you. You run to your bishop for help; he puts on you his heavy weapons of warfare. But you have noticed that your bishop does not have the courage to fight this war, which means that he doesn't even believe that his weapons could kill Goliath. So, you abandon your bishop's armour. You decide to copy David's way of killing his Goliath. David took his staff in his hand--staff of authority. Do you have spiritual authority; are you abiding in Christ or are you compromised by sin? David chose five smooth stones from the stream. Do you know the way to the stream well enough? The stream is the word of God (the Bible). The five stones that David chose represent promises of God; you must choose the ones that relate to the Goliath that is facing you. David put the stones in the pouch of his shepherd’s bag; you must know these promises at heart. With his sling in his hand, David approached the Philistine. Do you have a sling that could throw a stone against the enemy? The stone is the word (promise) of God—the sword of the Spirit (Eph 6:17); so, the sling is the Spirit of God. Do you know how to sling the stone at Goliath and score a fatal hit? Some born-again Christians have the Spirit of Christ, but they cannot put the Spirit to use.

https://www.nairaland.com/1537016/how-kill-goliath#19892922

1 Like

Re: Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. by Kei144(m): 9:08am On Nov 30, 2013
The Experiment

2Pe. 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
2Pe. 1:4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

2 Pe 1:4 says that we can release divine power into areas of need through the promises of God. In my last post I quoted 1 Pet 2:24 and Rom 8:1-2, both of which show that anyone who is in Christ has been set free from sin and death (sicknesses). The freedom is experienced if we live by the Spirit. What does it mean to live by the Spirit? It simply means to apply the power of the Spirit of God to situations in and around you, with a view to conform those situations to the promises of God. That is why living by the Spirit begins with speaking out the promises of God and relating them to the situation at hand. This is then followed by a decree that seeks to apply divine power to the situation through the Spirit.

Pray like this: “Through Christ Jesus, the law of the Spirit of life set us free from the law of sin and death (Ro 8:2). Therefore, sin has no power over me. I have died to sins and I live for righteousness (1 pet 2:24). In the mighty name of Jesus Christ, I put to death every misdeed of the flesh in me by the Spirit of God (Ro 8:13)” Everything in my body that causes sickness, disease or infirmity in my body, I destroy you and free my body from your afflictions by divine power, through the Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus Christ!”

https://www.nairaland.com/1537003/experimental-christianity-wounds-healed
Re: Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. by Alwaystrue(f): 3:33pm On Nov 30, 2013
holamiday: Hi everyone. God bless you for clicking here. I'm a lover of Christ, i understand the importance & significance of grace, i believe & hope absolutely in Jesus.

My life has been so battered by sin that i feel so unworthy before God. I understand that no sin is too dirty for Jesus, but my spirit is so weighed down that i don't feel like going to Jesus for repentance anymore. I feel highly unworthy. It's like i'm tired of myself. I keep doing the opposite of what i want to do. I've been robbed of my peace. When i go to church i feel so sad.

I know i'm gradually wasting away. Please what can i do to beam with peace, joy & hope once again? How do i put my life back in track with Jesus my saviour? I really need help from you. Thank you. Yours in Christ. Olamide.

@Olamide, first and foremost...you are honest enough to admit you have the problem. You are humble and contrite enough to know due to the tuggings within that you have to keep up to the standard of Christ. You are true to yourself on this.
What I will tell you in a few words is this:
1. Hide the word of God in your heart so you will not sin against Him. You need to study to build your most holy faith.
2. Accept that you have been made righteous with Christ so you need to align your will to His will as such while praying for mercy, ask for help and be WILLING to make the effort to flee EVERY appearance of evil. Don't wait to test your strength yet for it is small o. Till you put on the whole armour of God fully per Eph 6., such challenges will be daunting.
3. Realise you have authority in Christ and you should not be brought under anything not of God. You have the power, so BELIEVE it and ACT it.
4. Check your thoughts, once they are tending towards wrong, start encouraging yourself in the Lord, pray and change the channel to pure thoughts.

5. Don't beat up yourself when you fall but rise up, dust yourself and move on. Never stay down! Once you have started the 'sin' and you realise it, dont think its too late to stop. Stop that instant. When a person is taking something and realises it is poison after a sip, he doesn't now finish the whole cup of it claiming afterall he is a deadman anyway since he took the sip.

6. You have gone round this mountain long enough, look up to Jesus and know that since He could do it, you can do it and much more.

1 Like

Re: Followers Of Jesus, Please Help Me. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 30, 2013
@Holamiday, the problem is, 'you are trying hard' to stop a particular sin you don't want to commit. Have you read 'by the works of no man shall he be justified? You are saved by grace, so that you won't boast.

A brother narated like you how he usually fall into sin whenever he prays in the morning, ' o Lord today I will never fall', he will return with more guilt and shame. Until he changed his prayer point, Lord give me grace to live holy, I know I can't do it on my own, let your fear be in my heart, I can do nothing without your help, help me. Lord today. He return home and he retreat, no sin commited, happy.

Stop trying on your own, you simply can't achieve it, stop trying hard, God knows you want to serve Him, ask Him for the grace, pray and ask for grace daily, speak into your day, buy over the heart of everyone you will meet that day with the blood of the lamb, you will return happy.

Try this for like a week and let's know how you feel, it works for me.

Note: the more you try on your own the more you will go closer to sin, you try hard? You will sin harder. Reach out for grace, it makes christain walk easier, not of works let's you boast but by grace.

You will make heaven.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Flying ‘wizard’ Who Crash- Landed / What Muslims Should Know About Christmas. / What Need Is It Going To School In This End Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.