Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,239 members, 7,880,895 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:49 AM

ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv (39099 Views)

Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by ikechiozo: 12:11pm On Nov 30, 2013
odua son: You are cretinious person who ought to be fried alive.Reread your post and see if you are making any iota of sense.
easy with the insult! Answer him if you can! If u can't ignore

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by aluma(m): 12:14pm On Nov 30, 2013
greatgod2012:

not all that were present that supported the FG 100% but the general consensus is that, the ASUU had gone too far, they should have called off the strike after the president have met with them and made their negotiations.

Do u understand what is here dey have agreed but dey re saying no more empty promises put it into paper so that what happened in 2009 will nt repeat him self. So why is d federal govt rejecting dat part of dey still want to decieve ASUU again
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by bennygreat1(m): 12:14pm On Nov 30, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Don't mind the insincere bigot! He thinks he's the only one who has access to channels tv! Keep feeding lies to the public for your selfish needs.

Channels could easily reach the Judases among ASUU members but couldn't reach the chairman or any other member of the exco

Nonsense!

Oga what's ur Own? Mind the way U address People okay. Oga sincerity!!! U wud have come here to give us update LIVE from Channels TV... SMH.........

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by littlemistress: 12:15pm On Nov 30, 2013
I support u mazi, if FG can pay militants for carrying guns all in d mane of amnesty, iz it too much to revitalise d educational sector? It jst pains me that state unis are in support of dz shii

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by NoQualms1(f): 12:15pm On Nov 30, 2013
tpapi: which 4kin loyalty because of faggie, dos guys av not received alert 4 d past 4 mths

Abegi, they knew all that before embarking on the strike..... They were prepared ....
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by greenPHP(m): 12:16pm On Nov 30, 2013
ASUU are not saints but our govt. are worst. If GEJ has said it, putting it to writing and asking some top sectors to sign it should not be a problem. I am very sure GEJ is also playing politics with the future of students. It is clear GEJ is just making empty promises.
That is how they make promises during campaign and fool us. Shine you eyes......Nigerians

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by kommiejewel(f): 12:16pm On Nov 30, 2013
[quote
author=Mazi_Omenuko]

The referendum still stands; ASUU isn't pusyfooting nor adding more
request. All they want is that the agreement be signed, not just by the
FG but by both the Finance minister, cbn governor Nlc chairman; as well
as immediate provision of an account with cbn with an initial fund from
the FG to show it means business.

What is hard in that? [/quote]

Ar u high? . . Didn't u hear that they want 2 b paid for d 5 mths they didn't work for?. . That's nt d only condition;there's anoda 1 that i can't recall ryt nw. . Bt i'm tired of u guys talkin abt a signed agreement as if it was d only condition. .:@. .
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by hotmas911(m): 12:16pm On Nov 30, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Channels handpicked those lecturers that are non-sympathetic to the plight of their comrades; datz all! In every 12, their must be a judas. Let channels keep gathering the Judases to run their mouth. Awaiting the FG to do their worst!
aanu re n semi. Waa mu garii ti
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by faftop: 12:17pm On Nov 30, 2013
why am i having d feeling... dat dy were paid to do these
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by sagaciousblog: 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: In recent times, we've seen the Association of health workers embark in a strike after FG failed to honor an agreement it had with them. We've seen Nasu embark in a strike due the same dishonorable attitude. You want ASUU to call-off the strike based on the words of this same govt?

Once beaten, twice shy! Let the NLC, TUC, finance minister and cbn governor append their signature on the damn document and schools will reopen.
you are so on point jor...1million likes...
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2013
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by desy24444(m): 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2013
[quote author=Mazi_Omenuko]For the interest of those listening; ASUU is not making any fresh demands after the 13 hour meeting with the president. All they are saying is that the agrrement of the meeting should be made binding by involving some important stakeholder from the finance sector to sign; datz all!

ASUU don't want to be played twice by the same govt. Sign the damn agreement and the schools will be opened; what's hard in that? If the govt is sincere, that agreement would have been signed already and the classes opened.

What GEJ expected was for ASUU to swallow his words hook, line and sinker and return to classes?

did u say dats all,let's nt b biase here,the problem d federal govt have wit those conditions is dat of d 4 months allowances and arrers and also releasing 200bil within 2 wks..I advice u 2 go bak 2 class if u re a lecturer cos wen d war starts,it might take forever for court case and remember dat u can neva win d govt
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by elijah24(m): 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2013
nawa see as d issue d generate response,,,,to me make we forget ASUU as student d way dem take forget us since as for me make GEJ should ignore dem for good lets see who it hurts most no salary for them den we go know if d stupid apc wen dey ginger dem go fit stand d test of time
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by sagaciousblog: 12:20pm On Nov 30, 2013
No Qualms: Fake lecturers...... I'm sure someone paid them to say the rubbish they are saying...... Are they not supposed to be intellectuals? How can they say ASUU is giving out new demands if not that they are not in their right senses.

All ASUU is asking is that FG sign the agreement made with them ....... Gosh.....

I'm very angry now, eeediots..... where is their loyalty?
you just said my mind..i wish i could gun those lecturers down for betrayal..
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by NoQualms1(f): 12:20pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
APC little devil, why are you angry because schools are about to re-open?

I'm a lot of things but I'm not little, neither am I the devil, you are. I hate politics too..... Just saying it as it is....
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Miner13: 12:21pm On Nov 30, 2013
Jman06: Prof. Faggae is a staunch APC loyalist, the motive behind this ASUU strike is to poison the mind of the public against GEJ's administration so that APC can capitalize on that to score cheap political points as 2015 approaches. It's unfortunate that some politically naive lecturers are not aware of the political undertone behind the prolonged strike.

it would have been better if politics was taken out of this crisis.
Let both parties involves 'fg and ASUU' checked where they were both faulty and correct it, if not totally, to the bearest minimal.
I believed you can never be scoped by your father once that he will sent you your pocket money when you reached school and failed you. Next time you are ready for school you wil never believed such terminology.

Coz

once beaten twice shy.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by jhidey08(m): 12:23pm On Nov 30, 2013
kommiejewel:

Ar u high? . . Didn't u hear that they want 2 b paid for d 5 mths they didn't work for?. . That's nt d only condition;there's anoda 1 that i can't recall ryt nw. . Bt i'm tired of u guys talkin abt a signed agreement as if it was d only condition. .:@. .
y won't dey b paid?? If our govt had answered dem on tym d strike won't get 2dis stage. Fg shld pay dem nw or wait til d strike reaches 1yr cos dey'll stl collect dier salaries if dey strike 4 2yrs. Lemme ask u a question sef, y r dey paid during Holidays? Do dey work during d Holidays too?
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by safarigirl(f): 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
Iaz93: Agreement? gringrin That FG should pay them their salaries and allowances for the 5 months they didn't work? Isn't that plain selfishness? gringrin They shouldn't resume na... Adekunle Ajasin Univ. has started recruiting new lectures. tongueundecided
yes, new sub-standard lecturers who'll just turn out to be like Faggae and the rest in 5 years. When the likes of Wole Soyinka were lecturers in Nigeria there was a strike, FG threatened to sackand replace those who didn't return to class, the adamant lecturers were sacked and replaced with what we have now- greedy, lecherous men who get a kick out of sexually harrassing girls they can father. The purpose for the degenaration of our academic system was the selfish act of government. Educate yourself, demand the best, don't just cower and take whatever second-hand sh¡t they give you.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by greenPHP(m): 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
If the fed govt kept to the 2009 agreement will ASSU go on strike?
Why are Nigerians not seeing the govt are fooling us.
I am a student and my school structure is like a poultry farm.
Govt don't want to pay that salary because they want to loot the poor lecturer's salary alone with the once they have looted from order sectors.....
Shine your eyes.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by shakur07(m): 12:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
And nao i dey pity ASUU sha ..cos by monday d headline will change from "ASUU calls off d strike to. Strike calls off ASUU"""

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by obinoral(m): 12:31pm On Nov 30, 2013
I pitied the so called state owned school in this palaver. If they resume next year their salaries will still not be paid, becos the more they are at home the more fg wont pay them.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by BekeeBuAgbara: 12:31pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
APC little devil, why are you angry because schools are about to re-open?
grin grin grin grin
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Dubemkelly(m): 12:31pm On Nov 30, 2013
My household n I have given up on ASUU long time ago. Aint interested on their seasonal movies. Smoulder ASUU
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by unmask: 12:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
No wonder some most students are the way they are, when they have lecturers like that......so they are trying to say they went on strike for 5 months so as to have a meeting with Jonathan for a verbal agreement? While the man was busy attending birthday parties and luncheons of people that add no value to the country......you begin to wonder.....so because students say they are tired of staying at home they feel that is sufficient reason for them to call it off without a concrete agreement?......this students have at most 7 yrs to spend in a university, however the structure and facilities would be used to cater for future generations long after these present crop of students are long gone....yet they say it is meaningless....ASUU isn't selfish, the selfish ones are the students and lecturers that have seen the level of decadence in our institutions but don't give a bleep because they have just 2 months left to spend in school or the lecturer that is desperate to return to handout selling......ASUU is not wicked, no, but the federal government is. They have their children in far better schools all over the world, but don't deem it fit to build the ones at home........If ASUU calls off their strike without getting the FG to commit, then we can all start our countdown to the death of education in Nigeria........all your great ife, great uite slogans will give way to a more befitting greatest babcockite , great convenant etc....and it won't be because they got better but because you got worse..........
We all have to make a decision.... is the 5months too much of a sacrifice to make for your institutions, yourself and the future generations? Our fathers failed to fight for us and they had it good then....now imagine if you fail to take a stand for your kids? We have an enemy and it isn't ASUU it is the government that has neglected our institutions, the same government that allowed lecturers become gods over students, same government that turned failed to checkmate the excesses of lecturers.........................

The road to revival is long and the journey is tough......either way we must move now or never.....but the main thing is taking the first step which ASUU is doing

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by smithutomi: 12:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sch is goin to resume on monday. If u believe click like grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by unmask: 12:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
No wonder some most students are the way they are, when they have lecturers like that......so they are trying to say they went on strike for 5 months so as to have a meeting with Jonathan for a verbal agreement? While the man was busy attending birthday parties and luncheons of people that add no value to the country......you begin to wonder.....so because students say they are tired of staying at home they feel that is sufficient reason for them to call it off without a concrete agreement?......this students have at most 7 yrs to spend in a university, however the structure and facilities would be used to cater for future generations long after these present crop of students are long gone....yet they say it is meaningless....ASUU isn't selfish, the selfish ones are the students and lecturers that have seen the level of decadence in our institutions but don't give a bleep because they have just 2 months left to spend in school or the lecturer that is desperate to return to handout selling......ASUU is not wicked, no, but the federal government is. They have their children in far better schools all over the world, but don't deem it fit to build the ones at home........If ASUU calls off their strike without getting the FG to commit, then we can all start our countdown to the death of education in Nigeria........all your great ife, great uite slogans will give way to a more befitting greatest babcockite , great convenant etc....and it won't be because they got better but because you got worse..........
We all have to make a decision.... is the 5months too much of a sacrifice to make for your institutions, yourself and the future generations? Our fathers failed to fight for us and they had it good then....now imagine if you fail to take a stand for your kids? We have an enemy and it isn't ASUU it is the government that has neglected our institutions, the same government that allowed lecturers become gods over students, same government that turned failed to checkmate the excesses of lecturers.........................

The road to revival is long and the journey is tough......either way we must move now or never.....but the main thing is taking the first step which ASUU is doing
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by desy24444(m): 12:36pm On Nov 30, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

The referendum still stands; ASUU isn't pusyfooting nor adding more request. All they want is that the agreement be signed, not just by the FG but by both the Finance minister, cbn governor Nlc chairman; as well as immediate provision of an account with cbn with an initial fund from the FG to show it means business.

What is hard in that?
u see how self centered u can b?u didn't add payment of arrears and allowances for work nt done
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by shakur07(m): 12:37pm On Nov 30, 2013
Bleep yhu and ur feelings 2geda ...sum of em get relatives to feeed nao so dey must nt toy wit dia job nao
faftop: why am i having d feeling... dat dy were paid to do these
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by MaziOmenuko: 12:37pm On Nov 30, 2013
chidi2pus: At the end,everything breaks down - and this is simple biology@ e-mazi

ASUU - your days are numbered

No qualms. As long as GEJ would take up some classes for Zoology students, Okonjo-iweala does same for Eonomics students; likewise Sanusi Lamido, prof Jerry Gana, Prof Nebo and other politicians who are academics; no qualms.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by shakur07(m): 12:38pm On Nov 30, 2013
Don't mind d man jhooooor ...:he deliberately skippd dah
desy24444: u see how self centered u can b?u didn't add payment of arrears and allowances for work nt done
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Miner13: 12:39pm On Nov 30, 2013
greatgod2012:

did the president meet with them and negotiated with them then?

This is the first time ASUU will bring down the president into meeting with them PERSONALLY, not sending a representative, and with that alone, they have achieved a lot in their demand, atleast, it will be in the records.
Hope you get my gist sha.

i guess you are almost blind in thought.
No insult was intended anyway.

But may be you can stil remember that yaradua and goodluck appointed those that represented the fg and very sure they presented the result of the meeting to yaradua and goodluck.
Willingly they gave ASUU go ahead that their demand would be fulfilled. Humm!

And later, what did fg term those they chose to represent them. 'people who did not know their left from right, set of people with low IQ'.

Now is it ASUU that should held for the larger portion of the crisis?
Provide the answer by yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Man Picks Almajiri Children From The Street And Transformed Their Lives (Photos) / Raphael Babatunde Adeniyi: Missing UNILORIN Professor (Photo) / Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.