Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,947 members, 7,976,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 10:02 AM

Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow (1370 Views)

Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix / Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by naija2dabone(m): 1:01pm On Nov 30, 2013
The interim publicity secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Lai Mohammed, has come to the rescue of the Edo state Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, who is currently the object of a public outcry following his remarks asking a widow to ‘go and die.’

Recently, a video which showed the governor ordering the seizure of some goods belonging to a resident of the state, who was allegedly a road side hawker, caused a furore on social media which was reported in the dailies.

Governor Oshiomhole had asked that the woman’s goods be confiscated for breaking traffic laws but upon hearing her pleas for mercy on grounds that she was a widow, the Governor said “you are a widow, go and die.”

This statement caused a backlash from citizens both within and outside Nigeria.

Commenting on this while speaking on Channels Television’s breakfast programme, Sunrise, on Saturday, Mr Mohammed said “running a state is not about popularity but about doing the right thing.”

“In doing so, you are probably going to step on certain toes,” he said, adding that his experience in government gives him knowledge that harsh decisions will be taken.

Asked if the Governor’s comment was justified, he said, “No. I’m just saying that in some circumstances, you take decisions which are very unpleasant.”

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/11/30/lai-mohammed-defends-oshiomhole-on-scandal-involving-edo-widow
Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by bigtt76(f): 1:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
“In doing so, you are probably going to step on certain toes,” he said, adding that his experience in government gives him knowledge that harsh decisions will be taken"

Yea ...correct! Harsh decisions ONLY against the poor masses right? #idiots grin

4 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by gratiaeo(m): 1:21pm On Nov 30, 2013
Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by mike404(m): 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
THIS MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD PRESIDENT NO DEY TIRE

5 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 30, 2013
Mr Mohammed said “running a state is not about popularity"

I hate it when these arrogant clowns say things like this. Running a state is not about popularity? How do you assume the position of running a state in the first place? Is it not through elections? If an election is not a popularity contest, then what is?

Why not stay off politics and run your useless household the way you deem fit? After all, no one compels anyone to run for governorship. The moment you put yourself forward to ask for the popular mandate, then it becomes all about popularity, whether you like it or not!

Pig-headed demons.

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by awodman: 2:09pm On Nov 30, 2013
Keep showing us your colour APC..at the appropriate time we will respond accordingly and do the needful

12 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by lebienconnu: 2:12pm On Nov 30, 2013
i am confused. why do you guys tag APC muslim brotherhood party? Oshiomole n'est pas musulman.
Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by ichidodo: 2:12pm On Nov 30, 2013
Lie, Lie (pun intended)

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 30, 2013
[size=13pt]Okay, we hear am! Dama everyone is capable of doing minor mistakes, now let's go Back to Gombe state Governor who detain a 17years old(teenager) over facebook post![/size]

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by Error1: 2:49pm On Nov 30, 2013
And he crucifies GEJ for stepping toes, abi.

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by vanguard1(m): 2:59pm On Nov 30, 2013
Liar mohammed will certainly defend satan if he defers to APC........let's call a spade a spade, oshiomole did a wrong thing.

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by Feraz(m): 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
Is this really a defense?
Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 30, 2013
vanguard1: Liar mohammed will certainly defend satan if he defers to APC........let's call a spade a spade, oshiomole did a wrong thing.

That is exactly the point we have been making!
If you belong to the APC, you loot, steal, kill, maim, break the law and still be a "progressive"!

4 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 30, 2013
This man is shameless, i hope someone says the same to your wife(s) the day you kick your jerrycan. Anuohia

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 30, 2013
The Devil is a member of APC, and Lie Mohammed will someday defend Satan.

6 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 30, 2013
Can't these people learn to shut up when prudence call for it?

Oh my God, Nigerian politicians can be so uncouth and tactless!
Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by taharqa: 4:09pm On Nov 30, 2013
Error1: And he crucifies GEJ for stepping toes, abi.
You dey mind the sillly HYPOCRITE...
Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by thewarrior72: 4:20pm On Nov 30, 2013
What some bandwagonist doesn't understand is, there's no saint in APC.

What oshomole did that people are crying, is it not because it is reported?,
Fashola is currently doing worst, but media in lagos is in his pockets,so them dare not report such, even to the extent of banning all civil servant in lagos from granting interviews to any newspaper or media house.

APC is a bigger evil cousin of PDP nothing less.
Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by abokinside: 4:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
Haba you guys can make shit out of nothing. The lost his mind in a flip second and has since apologised yet pdp good for nothing dogs wont come off it. Give me a break what about the pdp that continously show absolute disdain for all Nigerians by making more women widow through their thieving policy. What was said to the lady should not be condoned and in my opinion oshiomole should be compelled to apologise to the woman.
Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by Jazz247: 4:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
I'm not a member of PDP, but I detest the dictators in APC parading like Democrats, look at the clown called Lai Mohammed defending Comrade The Bashorun Gaa of Edo state. APC shenanigans will never criticise any wrongdoing of their members even if it's visible to the blind. Nigeria is at crossroad, and I believe the national conference is the only way out of the political, social and economic retrogression we found ourselves. [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by Ugbedeojo1925: 4:39pm On Nov 30, 2013
Progressives my foot! APC is no more than a dump site for disgruntled politicians. What really is d diFf betwn PDP and them? All that is left is for OBJ, IBB abd GEJ to defect to APC and they will by hailed progressives and PDP wuld have been defeated. Arrant Nonsense! Their only ideaology is to defeat PDP nothing for they people, what next after defeating PDP? We don't know and no one is asking. That's why u have kindergarten politicians like Lie Mohammed and Akande parading themselves... SOS God

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by MrRenaissance: 7:58pm On Nov 30, 2013
Shameless heartless twèrp!!. Now he defends him but when GEJ called for state of emergency, this bloodsucking fool lashed out against him. I'm not surprised, heartless devils roll together angry
Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by badmrkt(m): 10:22pm On Nov 30, 2013
Another reason to stick my asss with PDP. Day in day out these aggrieved people give me reasons to
believe that Jonathan will win 2015 election without much stress.
(Modify ) (Quote ) ( Report

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by Nobody: 1:03am On Dec 01, 2013
This is what they want to give us come 2015, you guys are DEVILS...
And to think that Adams was different, they have brain-washed him the way they turned Babatunte to a Monster deporting Nigerians in Nigeria. Amaechi should not dare bring this disease of utter wickedness to Rivers state sha.
GEJ will never do that to a person.

#ThatWidowMustNotDie#
Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by vanguard1(m): 7:49am On Dec 01, 2013
noblezone:

That is exactly the point we have been making!
If you belong to the APC, you loot, steal, kill, maim, break the law and still be a "progressive"!
Correct brother, lai mohammed has no single integrity left in him, he just wants to countinue been relevant in Apc hence his rabblerousing. Even olisa metu of pdp has a good reputation than that greatest of liars
Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by chimerase2: 8:08am On Dec 01, 2013
Useless APC
Re: Lai Mohammed Defends Oshiomhole On Scandal Involving Edo Widow by ideyvexnow: 1:32pm On Dec 01, 2013
lol

(1) (Reply)

Chief Willie Obiano Has Been Declared The Winner Of Anambra Election / LOL, Naija! There's Now A Go And Die T-shirt? / OSUN DECIDES. Updates/Citizens Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.