Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,780 members, 7,969,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 03:55 AM

Best Answer To Interview Question - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Best Answer To Interview Question (784 Views)

The Crazy Interview Question "What Is 1+1?" / Interview Question That Threw Me Off-balance / Taking An iPad/galaxy tab To Interview, Good Or Bad idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Answer To Interview Question by talk2wale: 5:03pm On Jul 23, 2008
Hi All,

Please what is the best answer to this interview question

"You have an idea and you present it to your superior in the office, he disagrees with you after trying all your possible best to convince him/her. What will you do?"
Re: Best Answer To Interview Question by ekorick(m): 5:43pm On Jul 23, 2008
some ideas cannot be shaped into reality; if u so much believe in ur idea start up ur own coy, if I were u I will drop d idea.
Re: Best Answer To Interview Question by talk2wale: 8:22am On Jul 24, 2008
You dnt seem to get me right. The question was asked during an interview so 'am seeking people's possible response to it.
Re: Best Answer To Interview Question by Agbo2(m): 8:57am On Jul 24, 2008
There's no right or wrong answer to that question and I think it depends on the nature of job you're being interviewed for. E.g a marketer is expected to be aggressive and not give up easily.
personally, my response to that question would have been
'i'd carefully listen to his reasons for disagreeing with my idea,
as a more experienced person, the possibility exists that he's able to see somethings about the idea which I may not be seeing.
But if he doesnt convince me, I may have to talk to a more superior person about it.
Re: Best Answer To Interview Question by talk2wale: 9:18am On Jul 24, 2008
Yeah.

I like that suggestion.
But talking to a more superior person? e.g. MD?
That means you have to jump your reporting line.
But what if the MD agrees with your idear.
You know he will still pass it to you and your superior for the implementation.
Dont you think that would be friction?
Re: Best Answer To Interview Question by Kashif(m): 10:59am On Jul 24, 2008
I would want to make one or two assumptions - I have presented the idea in a very organised, objective and comprehensive way. My boss has done the same thing regarding his objection. I would drop the idea if his argument is superior to mine.

(1) (Reply)

Pdms Administrator Needed / Vacancy Field Supervisor And Marketing Officer (microfinance Bank)[/ / Jobs For Pre Nysc Students Please,: ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.