Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,322 members, 7,900,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 04:43 PM

If You Are A Nigerian “go And Die” – Adams Aliu Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Are A Nigerian “go And Die” – Adams Aliu Oshiomhole (754 Views)

Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) / El-rufai To Critics : GO AND DIE If You're Not Happy Over My Appointees / Adams Oshiomhole And Wife, Iara In Ethiopia (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are A Nigerian “go And Die” – Adams Aliu Oshiomhole by naijacenter(f): 2:06pm On Nov 30, 2013
I couldn't help feeling sorry reading about the apology tendered by Edo State Governor Comrade Adams Aliu Oshiomhole as a result of the social media criticism that greeted his directive to a widow in Benin city the Edo State capital when he directed her to ‘go and die’. Unfortunately, I do not feel sorry for the Governor or his team of advisers who must have advised him to swallow his pride and apologize for the statement, but for the widow in particular and the totality of the Nigerian masses in general.

Watching the video, one would notice how the woman begged the “Comrade -Governor”, lamenting how she had lost her husband who was a police officer and died while serving the nation. At face value, many Nigerians might not understand the implication of the statement as it relates to the issue, but being a Nigerian who knows what it means to live in a country without water, electricity, affordable and available healthcare, food, safe and reliable transportation systems, social security or stable power supply, I think the governor spoke from his heart and only said the expectation of the nation’s political class.

“Go and die” only reflects the condition Nigerians have been put in over the years by our government, and the governor only paraphrases the situation in a statement. Tell me, what better word can reflect the expectations from the demoralizing conditions Nigerians go through every day to make ends meet? When a driver leaves his family in the morning to travel along the Benin – Lagos expressway, what are the chances that he is not going to die? When a University Lecturer travels from Benin to Kano in order to attend a crucial meeting to ensure university students get back to school after 5 months of staying at home, what are the chances he is not going to die by the reckless convoy of the Kogi state Governor? When a policeman says farewell to his wife and children as he goes to serve his country? What are the chances that he doesn't go to die?

Sarcastically, this widow in this situation is probably a widow whose husband death benefits was stolen by “Alhaji Abdulrasheed Maina and his gang”, thereby leaving her and her children with nothing to fend for themselves. Haven lost their breadwinner, such a situation alone is a directive to her and her children to “go and die” and the governor only reminded her of the needful. So merely saying those words was an interpretation of a situation and an expectation from his part.

It is no news that Nigerians are resilient, hardworking and hopeful even in the mist of total hopelessness. No doubts, we certainly are the happiest people on earth as assumed by some, else, how possible will millions of us live on less than a dollar a day and still smile, tell jokes, play and watch football with so much enthusiasm and Joy? How else will university student be at home for 5 months and not complain? The world decries economic meltdown which has been characterized by suicide attempts and successes by individuals and families in Europe and other parts of the world. Compared to the standard of life in countries like Greece, Italy and Spain where higher rates of suicidal attempts, demonstrations and protest have been the gateway through citizens’ expression of displeasure, Nigerians over the years have found themselves in worse conditions and more frustrating position. But ironically, we never complain demonstration or protest.

Sorry, the article is not finished yet.. follow the link below

Read details: http://www.naijacenter.com/editorital/nigerian-die-adams-aliu-oshiomhole/

Re: If You Are A Nigerian “go And Die” – Adams Aliu Oshiomhole by OmoTier1(m): 2:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
[s]
naijacenter: I couldn't help feeling sorry reading about the apology tendered by Edo State Governor Comrade Adams Aliu Oshiomhole as a result of the social media criticism that greeted his directive to a widow in Benin city the Edo State capital when he directed her to ‘go and die’. Unfortunately, I do not feel sorry for the Governor or his team of advisers who must have advised him to swallow his pride and apologize for the statement, but for the widow in particular and the totality of the Nigerian masses in general.

Watching the video, one would notice how the woman begged the “Comrade -Governor”, lamenting how she had lost her husband who was a police officer and died while serving the nation. At face value, many Nigerians might not understand the implication of the statement as it relates to the issue, but being a Nigerian who knows what it means to live in a country without water, electricity, affordable and available healthcare, food, safe and reliable transportation systems, social security or stable power supply, I think the governor spoke from his heart and only said the expectation of the nation’s political class.

“Go and die” only reflects the condition Nigerians have been put in over the years by our government, and the governor only paraphrases the situation in a statement. Tell me, what better word can reflect the expectations from the demoralizing conditions Nigerians go through every day to make ends meet? When a driver leaves his family in the morning to travel along the Benin – Lagos expressway, what are the chances that he is not going to die? When a University Lecturer travels from Benin to Kano in order to attend a crucial meeting to ensure university students get back to school after 5 months of staying at home, what are the chances he is not going to die by the reckless convoy of the Kogi state Governor? When a policeman says farewell to his wife and children as he goes to serve his country? What are the chances that he doesn't go to die?

Sarcastically, this widow in this situation is probably a widow whose husband death benefits was stolen by “Alhaji Abdulrasheed Maina and his gang”, thereby leaving her and her children with nothing to fend for themselves. Haven lost their breadwinner, such a situation alone is a directive to her and her children to “go and die” and the governor only reminded her of the needful. So merely saying those words was an interpretation of a situation and an expectation from his part.

It is no news that Nigerians are resilient, hardworking and hopeful even in the mist of total hopelessness. No doubts, we certainly are the happiest people on earth as assumed by some, else, how possible will millions of us live on less than a dollar a day and still smile, tell jokes, play and watch football with so much enthusiasm and Joy? How else will university student be at home for 5 months and not complain? The world decries economic meltdown which has been characterized by suicide attempts and successes by individuals and families in Europe and other parts of the world. Compared to the standard of life in countries like Greece, Italy and Spain where higher rates of suicidal attempts, demonstrations and protest have been the gateway through citizens’ expression of displeasure, Nigerians over the years have found themselves in worse conditions and more frustrating position. But ironically, we never complain demonstration or protest.

Sorry, the article is not finished yet.. follow the link below

Read details: http://www.naijacenter.com/editorital/nigerian-die-adams-aliu-oshiomhole/
[/s]

Another useless thread - MOD PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD AS THIS ISSUE IS NOW BEING TRIVIALIZED.
Re: If You Are A Nigerian “go And Die” – Adams Aliu Oshiomhole by BishopMagic: 2:25pm On Nov 30, 2013
Omo_Tier1: [s][/s]

Another useless thread - MOD PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD AS THIS ISSUE IS NOW BEING TRIVIALIZED.

LOOK AT THIS EDIOT!!!

You WANNABE MOD.
Re: If You Are A Nigerian “go And Die” – Adams Aliu Oshiomhole by slimfit1(m): 2:34pm On Nov 30, 2013
Ok people are miss understanding what happened here already and trying to capitalise on it. The governor was basically asking the woman if she wanted to kill herself, that is what the governor meant by 'go and die'. Its a metaphor to a person that is selling items in the middle of the road not considering her own safety. The action of the governor is based on love for the safety of this woman. What would you do when you see your child playing with electricity? you will first beat the child mercilessly because you will want him to remember it so not to do it again. We tend to have short memory in this country, few weeks ago a trailer killed two people in lagos when it lost its brake and tried to avoid a convoy but face the plebs instead accident can happen at anytime. What am I saying you will even get angry when she tells you she is a widow with children and not making a good choice at her agePeople deceiving people will always condone insanity. Non of the state control by pdp has safety law in place. They all rule their states like animals, like monkeys. Its ok to be an opposition to a government but you have to the right place to attack and the right materials to attack with. Choosing this issue tells us alot about the people in this party, they are telling us how clueless they are about what it means to govern. So buying and selling in the middle of the road have now become a normal thing to do ?
Re: If You Are A Nigerian “go And Die” – Adams Aliu Oshiomhole by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
Leave this man alone, he has apologise, everyone is capable of making mistake! He sai he did it in anger and he is sorry for that!
Why don't you burst on Gonbe state Governor for detaining a 17years old(teenager) over facebook post?
Re: If You Are A Nigerian “go And Die” – Adams Aliu Oshiomhole by OmoTier1(m): 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
Bishop Magic:

LOOK AT THIS EDIOT!!!

You WANNABE MOD.

I do not have time for social ingrates! The thread should be closed as it serves no real purpose.
Re: If You Are A Nigerian “go And Die” – Adams Aliu Oshiomhole by BishopMagic: 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
I do not have time for social ingrates! The thread should be closed as it serves no real purpose.

You have been spewing that excuse severally here and on my post.

Kindly expand your cranium and let us hear what that pea-brain of yours is actually objecting to or forever GTFO AND STFO!
Re: If You Are A Nigerian “go And Die” – Adams Aliu Oshiomhole by omenka(m): 2:47pm On Nov 30, 2013
I endorse the article but the title of the thread takes the shine of it.
Re: If You Are A Nigerian “go And Die” – Adams Aliu Oshiomhole by MrRenaissance: 8:19pm On Nov 30, 2013

It's so sad that you've sold your soul for a morsel of eba. So pathetic that you've auctioned off your conscience for a plate of ewa agoyin. Nothing is wrong as long it involves an APC candidate and yet you and your band of evil goons want the masses to believe that y'all are the much awaited saviour that nigerians needs?. Oshomole's lapdog, keep displaying your insanity. What goes around comes around, one day, it might be your turn, dumbàss!!
Re: If You Are A Nigerian “go And Die” – Adams Aliu Oshiomhole by MrRenaissance: 8:25pm On Nov 30, 2013
omenka: I endorse the article but the title of the thread takes the shine of it.

I don't think so. Placing the woman as average nigerian masses, who vote this devils(our leaders) into power after their cooked up lies masqueraded as memorandum, only to have their hopes dashed and their money looted with reckless abandon, you'll agree with me that title of the thread is what it's meant to be

As long as I'm concerned, that ugly midget told that woman(masses), to "go and die", meaning, go fùck yourselves, we don't care about the masses. In saner climes, that midget won't have resigned for such heartless and uncouth statement angry
Re: If You Are A Nigerian “go And Die” – Adams Aliu Oshiomhole by biafranqueen: 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2013

The guy must be your father the way you are supporting his nonsense shame on you embarassed
Re: If You Are A Nigerian “go And Die” – Adams Aliu Oshiomhole by biafranqueen: 8:33pm On Nov 30, 2013
Mr Renaissance:

It's so sad that you've sold your soul for a morsel of eba. So pathetic that you've auctioned off your conscience for a plate of ewa agoyin. Nothing is wrong as long it involves an APC candidate and yet you and your band of evil goons want the masses to believe that y'all are the much awaited saviour that nigerians needs?. Oshomole's lapdog, keep displaying your insanity. What goes around comes around, one day, it might be your turn, dumbàss!!
Mental instability is the only way some people can throw away what is right and champion what is wrong! Traitors to humanity are the reason why this country is moving at a slow pace.
Re: If You Are A Nigerian “go And Die” – Adams Aliu Oshiomhole by biafranqueen: 8:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
Bishop Magic:

You have been spewing that excuse severally here and on my post.

Kindly expand your cranium and let us hear what that pea-brain of yours is actually objecting to or forever GTFO AND STFO!
Don't waste your time waiting for an intelligent response, the person is obviously looking for attention or a deranged lunatic!
Re: If You Are A Nigerian “go And Die” – Adams Aliu Oshiomhole by biafranqueen: 8:44pm On Nov 30, 2013
slim fit :
Ok people are miss understanding what happened here already and trying to capitalise on it. The governor was basically asking the woman if she wanted to kill herself, that is what the governor meant by 'go and die'. Its a metaphor to a person that is selling items in the middle of the road not considering her own safety. The action of the governor is based on love for the safety of this woman. What would you do when you see your child playing with electricity? you will first beat the child mercilessly because you will want him to remember it so not to do it again. We tend to have short memory in this country, few weeks ago a trailer killed two people in lagos when it lost its brake and tried to avoid a convoy but face the plebs instead accident can happen at anytime. What am I saying you will even get angry when she tells you she is a widow with children and not making a good choice at her agePeople deceiving people will always condone insanity. Non of the state control by pdp has safety law in place. They all rule their states like animals, like monkeys. Its ok to be an opposition to a government but you have to the right place to attack and the right materials to attack with. Choosing this issue tells us alot about the people in this party, they are telling us how clueless they are about what it means to govern. So buying and selling in the middle of the road have now become a normal thing to do ?
At least you tried to make sense. Well first off we are not 100% sure she was hawking. 2 nd off she should have been written a citation and fined if she was a hawker. 3 rd as a leader and Governor of the people, you can not just open your mouth and say anything in public. His behavior shows lack of discipline, sound judgement and maturity. That is not how you address your citizen, if you are truly a leader of the people. She is a widow of a police officer that died on the line of duty. When he heard that alone, he should have said he will investigate her situation, yet and still what she is doing is illegal and give her the long speech he gave during the fake apology. Imagine what he does behind closed door if he can do this in public.
Re: If You Are A Nigerian “go And Die” – Adams Aliu Oshiomhole by plendil: 9:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
biafranqueen: The guy must be your father the way you are supporting his nonsense shame on you embarassed

The guy must have jilted you the way you are supporting what has largely been settled, rather than face far more pressing issues (like b1tching about marginalization). shame on you.

It would have more bearable had your concern been borne out of genuine pity for the poor lady, unfortunately your antecedents ("what are APC doing in Igboland??'') clearly shows otherwise. its all politics to you. SHAME ON YOU!!

Its very unlike me to go personal; my post history is testament to that, but the stench of hypocrisy is really becoming insufferable.
Re: If You Are A Nigerian “go And Die” – Adams Aliu Oshiomhole by OmoTier1(m): 11:48pm On Nov 30, 2013
biafranqueen: The guy must be your father the way you are supporting his nonsense shame on you embarassed

Oshiomhole is not my father, and as Edo citizen, having seeing how PDP wrecked havoc in that state, and their desperate attempt to use this to black-mail the governor, there is no way I would be silent on this!

I have told you time and time again, that I condemn the uncut comments Oshiomhole made to the widow in it's entirety. However, seeing that the governor has apologized and regretted His poor judgment of choice of words in the heat of the moment, I see no reason for you children of sorrow to continue to cry of spilled milk!

I ask you, have you vented such innate anger toward your governors that have made your towns look more like villages across the niger Did you express such sustained anger when Oduah stole the money meant for the renovation of the Enugu airstrip
Re: If You Are A Nigerian “go And Die” – Adams Aliu Oshiomhole by OmoTier1(m): 11:54pm On Nov 30, 2013
biafranqueen: At least you tried to make sense. Well first off we are not 100% sure she was hawking. 2 nd off she should have been written a citation and fined if she was a hawker. 3 rd as a leader and Governor of the people, you can not just open your mouth and say anything in public. His behavior shows lack of discipline, sound judgement and maturity. That is not how you address your citizen, if you are truly a leader of the people. She is a widow of a police officer that died on the line of duty. When he heard that alone, he should have said he will investigate her situation, yet and still what she is doing is illegal and give her the long speech he gave during the fake apology. Imagine what he does behind closed door if he can do this in public.
I ask you again, have you at anytime in the heat of the moment utter words to people you later regretted? If yes, did you apologize and move on? If yes, why are you children of sorrow refusing to let go of this?

How quick are you to judge Oshiomhole as lacking discipline when by your several posts on this forum one can equal say you are an epitome of falsehood and an ethnic bigot? First remove the log in your eye before casting aspersion on the Gov. Yes His uncut words were wrong, yes, He has apologized, so why can't you move on? I am sure with your tongue you have even done worse and mimed others for which you have shown no inclination of repentance nor remorseful apology.

(1) (Reply)

Ngige Still A Senator? / Starting From 1999, Why Is Every Rivers State Governor UNNECESSAIRLY Ambitious? / Compare And Contrast OBJ In 2003 And GEJ Circa 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.