Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,909 members, 7,872,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:03 AM

Between Piggery Farming And Fish Farming,which Would You Recommend? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Between Piggery Farming And Fish Farming,which Would You Recommend? (1326 Views)

Pig Or Grasscutter Farming- Which One Is More Profitable / How Safe Is Internet Banking In Nigeria And Which Bank(s) Will You Recommend? / Fish Farming Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Piggery Farming And Fish Farming,which Would You Recommend? by alingo4life: 6:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
Folks,I want to go into Farming.But i dont really know which area to branch into between Fish farming and Piggery.I do prefer piggery over fish farming,but i need your advise..

Peeps kindly let me know what you think..

Thanks
Re: Between Piggery Farming And Fish Farming,which Would You Recommend? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 30, 2013
Fish farming is advisable.
I'm going to look at it from the consumption aspect because of course, you will sell your animals.
I'll say fish is a more healthy meal than pork. pigs are the primary hosts for tape worms so for that reason alone,most people avoid pork like a plague. Therefore, if I'm health conscious I'll go for fish and even the ones who aren't health conscious may still NOT go for pork for reasons below:
If you look at it from the religious and cultural aspect,muslims and jews don't eat pork. So your target will be everyone else excepting muslims and we do have a lot of muslims in this country so why not go for fish which everyone eats? Fish is universally acceptable. This is just my opinion anyway. Goodluck on your choice.
Re: Between Piggery Farming And Fish Farming,which Would You Recommend? by dejia(m): 10:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
Hi,

Well do your research very well, I have a piggery at the moment in ILORIN, and its not doing badly; pigs are in high demand, you have pple coming all the way from Port Harcount to ilorin to buy pigs, I must also tell you, piggery requires alot of money ( initial capital is high) and patience;
Fishery for me, i think its black market, it is diff to handle theft, ur staff can still 10 while you aint around; it is diff to detect compared with pigs;the market is also not so stable, u have to depend on pepper soup joints, who most time take advantage; unless you smoke your fish and possibly look into sending it to abuja or export.

Well, i think look for a farmer that does both, also, look at your location;
All the best
Re: Between Piggery Farming And Fish Farming,which Would You Recommend? by alingo4life: 11:24am On Dec 01, 2013
dejia: Hi,

Well do your research very well, I have a piggery at the moment in ILORIN, and its not doing badly; pigs are in high demand, you have pple coming all the way from Port Harcount to ilorin to buy pigs, I must also tell you, piggery requires alot of money ( initial capital is high) and patience;
Fishery for me, i think its black market, it is diff to handle theft, ur staff can still 10 while you aint around; it is diff to detect compared with pigs;the market is also not so stable, u have to depend on pepper soup joints, who most time take advantage; unless you smoke your fish and possibly look into sending it to abuja or export.

Well, i think look for a farmer that does both, also, look at your location;
All the best

Thanks all and to dejia,God bless you...

However i still got some questions for you..I have the intention of starting with 50piglets,I have the intention of buying an hectre of land here in Ibadan.,Now with 50piglets for a start,how much do you think i need to have in the bank that will see them through 6-7months of maturity?

Note--Farming to me is a passion,I do not need to start looking for any white-collar job before i get my life on track.And am a young dude of 27..Just sent you a friend request on FB..

Thanks,God bless you
Re: Between Piggery Farming And Fish Farming,which Would You Recommend? by femu(m): 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2013
piggery is fantastic learn more about it at:

http://no1pigfan.

http://m.facebook.com/no1pigfan

(1) (Reply)

Tutor For Beadmaking And Wireworks / Brown Thick Sack For Packaging An Export Farm Produce Etc / Where To Obtain Loan To Finance A Business Aside Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.