Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,923 members, 7,909,441 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 04:14 AM

Private Hospital:does It Worth It? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Private Hospital:does It Worth It? (951 Views)

Is Endoscpe Better Than Normarl C S (operation), Which Hospital Does Endoscope / / Abuja Private Hospital Records First Successful Kidney Transplant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Private Hospital:does It Worth It? by AWONEYAN(m): 3:00pm On Dec 01, 2013
The desire to get quick and better health service delivery, drive one to patronize private clinics,not minding the high side of the cost implication. But my experience with some of theses private clinics showed that,some of them are only intrested in your money and will put up a come-back game plan with you. They will rather use students doctor or house officer yet will milk you without any personalized service.
I had an experience with one of these private clinic who specializes in paediatrics. Kidiz hospital in Ilorin. I registerd a family card so that the children will have access to undelayed medical service due to the usual crowd at the UITH. But I discoverd that each time we go their,we will have to return to UITH after their unresolved treatment.(When after 3days of injection for the baby yet no improvemet).
This last visit kept me in amazement,if I was hypnotized to keep going their.
I took a child who is running temperature probally cos of malaria, after waiting 4 like 3hrs to see the doctor(not the owner,d owner is a proff,but you hardly find him their). We were told we have to take 3days injction morning and night (d usual practice). Then we were given paracetamol (d one they refil from a biger jerican and they wil use dirty plaster to inscribe name on it).
We asked for nylon to put d drug,one of the nurses said we don't give nylon here..eko lowo (carry wit ur hands) I was like even akara dy wl giv u nylon)
For 3days night and morning we wl come for the injection,and we wl have to que for 2-3hrs to follow d card processing stuff (event in uith its better) on the last day I went back to the doctor that the body temprature has not suscribed after 3days,he said don't wory it will.
At last I had to go back to a govt hospital and the doctor comfirmed that they have given under dose injection relativly to the weight of d baby...I wonder is this a comeback gimmik or sheer wickedness or lack of expertise. Having paid exorbitantly for a service I never get. Does it worth visiting some of these private clinic?
Re: Private Hospital:does It Worth It? by iduzebaba(m): 4:07pm On Dec 01, 2013
dats d truth; am a doctor too at uith; and i understand d stress of comin for clinics; d queue is much and it cud b frustuatin for patient at times buh wats my point:

you should never compromise the health of ur kids for anytin; time; money; stress;: u should give them d best; and uith hav got d best paeditrics unit in nigeria and their doctors are internationally recognised; prof johnson;prof ojuawo; dr obasa; dr adesiyun; dr adeboye; just google them:

so pls ma ;do noh look at d stress u wil face by comin to uith and deny ur kids quality health care; may God give us all good health and make us reap the fruit of our labour
Re: Private Hospital:does It Worth It? by AWONEYAN(m): 9:32am On Dec 02, 2013
iduzebaba: dats d truth; am a doctor too at uith; and i understand d stress of comin for clinics; d queue is much and it cud b frustuatin for patient at times buh wats my point:

you should never compromise the health of ur kids for anytin; time; money; stress;: u should give them d best; and uith hav got d best paeditrics unit in nigeria and their doctors are internationally recognised; prof johnson;prof ojuawo; dr obasa; dr adesiyun; dr adeboye; just google them:

so pls ma ;do noh look at d stress u wil face by comin to uith and deny ur kids quality health care; may God give us all good health and make us reap the fruit of our labour
iduzebaba: dats d truth; am a doctor too at uith; and i understand d stress of comin for clinics; d queue is much and it cud b frustuatin for patient at times buh wats my point:

thanks iduzebaba....
i understand ur points well. no sacrifice is too much to pay on one's kids. everything is not about money. if its means staying in the long que to get better and experienced health service delivery from a govt's hospital for one's child. its better to do it.

(1) (Reply)

EBOLA: Myth And Truth About Ebola / Maca Root / Why It's Good For Pregnant Women To Have O.rgasm.s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.