Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,516 members, 7,911,279 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 08:47 AM

Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) (3560 Views)

Saraki, Wike Meet In Porthacourt. / Buhari Sets Out For Security Meeting At Presidential Wing, Abuja Airport- Pics / Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by Obiagu1(m): 3:56am On Dec 02, 2013
Stella is working, haters are hating.

Free rat poison available.
Dial 919.

6 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 02, 2013
,that airport looks much better,the last time I was there in early 2011,one section was covered with tarpaulin and the whole place was decrepit with the main terminal building dilapidated and the waiting lounge was too small..the airport is still not suitable for a city of PH's calibre and I still wonder why it is an international airport but half bread is better than none, Kudos to the FG and I hope they complete it pretty soon
Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by FlyinNaija: 7:58am On Dec 02, 2013
This is a shame for one of Africa's Top 25 busiest airports. It's an eye sore when compared to airports with similar passenger numbers e.g. Dakar or Accra's Kotoka. Let's not even talk of the North African Airports
No jet bridges is this day and age? cry
The airport doesn't have a website angry
Duty free Nko?
Of course, no "transformation" on the airside undecided
For the amount of money spent, this is far from a transformation. I've seen better bus terminals. This is the same design being used on all the airports.

1 Like

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by iterator25: 8:07am On Dec 02, 2013
FlyinNaija: This is a shame for one of Africa's Top 25 busiest airports. It's an eye sore when compared to airports with similar passenger numbers e.g. Dakar or Accra's Kotoka . Let's not even talk of the North African Airports
No jet bridges is this day and age? cry
The airport doesn't have a website angry
Duty free Nko?
Of course, no "transformation" on the airside undecided
For the amount of money spent, this is far from a transformation. I've seen better bus terminals. This is the same design being used on all the airports.
post the pics lets see
Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by otokx(m): 8:18am On Dec 02, 2013
As usual op lies, he only snapped the front side of a quarter part that is not even complete, more than half of the building is uncompleted. The new tower has not started, would pass there next week and snap the shame called port harcourt international airport.

1 Like

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by otokx(m): 8:22am On Dec 02, 2013
Gabbysky: Nice job by GEJ and Partners, flying into PH will now be an interesting trip.
What only GEJ could do... Unlike others

Dont try it in the next 2 years or you will regret your life especially if its in the rainy season.
Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by enigmang: 9:49am On Dec 02, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Sometimes, we need to look out ourselves in the mirror and be honest to say we are deceiving ourselves! I travel far and wide each year, I go through big and large airports, regionals in Europe, North America, Southern Africa, Middle East and every time, ip feel so sorry for Nigeria.

If this is the best we as a nation in 2013 can come up with in renovating an already built airport, imagine what will be the result of the new international terminal?

I know some of you are going to go on with the blah blah of we never had it so good.... But what most of you forget is prices of projects are ever increasing, therefore, our failure to build these airports now to last another 25years means in 10years time it would cost us twice of what it cost today.

If we put all our money into airports you will be among the first set of people to say "how many poor people use this airports" FG is abandoning the roads and fixing only airports..

Nigeria has gone to the dogs for a long while.. There are so many things that need to be done simultaneously from roads to agriculture to basic infrastructure ... We really can't afford to build this "underwater airport cities " we dream of.
So relax a journey of a thousand miles...

6 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by OmoTier1(m): 9:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
enigmang:

If we put all our money into airports you will be among the first set of people to say "how many poor people use this airports" FG is abandoning the roads and fixing only airports..

Nigeria has gone to the dogs for a long while.. There are so many things that need to be done simultaneously from roads to agriculture to basic infrastructure ... We really can't afford to build this "underwater airport cities " we dream of.
So relax a journey of a thousand miles...
What is this one saying? To build an airport is not rocket science! If have ever been to Orly Airport in France or even Luton Airport or london City airport, then you would realize that it takes less to have an effective airport!

Nigeria have the money and the financial might to build an airport better than Pearson airport in Toronto. When you have mediocre leadership, you get what you see in the name of renovation in port harcourt international airport.

If you sell 8 of Jonathan's jet, you would a befitting Terminal for Portharcourt and Enugu Airports?

1 Like

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by taharqa: 9:37pm On Dec 04, 2013
hardywaltz:

My child read carefully what i wrote, i neva said they are fake but that the pictures does not depict the true state of the project, let them snap the full front elevation rather than cutting off the left side or better still they can snap the left side elevation just like they did on the right side elevation.
This project is not in any way near completion, i will purposely go there on Tuesday to snap a full picture so you don't get it twisted.

Good! And until you do that, can you SHUT d fucck UP??

2 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

If you sell 8 of Jonathan's jet, you would a befitting Terminal for Portharcourt and Enugu Airports?

No you wouldn't, cos if he's left with just one plane, it can be easily targeted, he gets assassinated, and you get no ''befitting terminals''.

1 Like

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by awodman: 10:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
hardywaltz:

My child read carefully what i wrote, i neva said they are fake but that the pictures does not depict the true state of the project, let them snap the full front elevation rather than cutting off the left side or better still they can snap the left side elevation just like they did on the right side elevation.
This project is not in any way near completion, i will purposely go there on Tuesday to snap a full picture so you don't get it twisted.
Oga this is Wednesday evening..still expecting your pictures

1 Like

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by cooltone: 4:54am On Dec 05, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
What is this one saying? To build an airport is not rocket science! If have ever been to Orly Airport in France or even Luton Airport or london City airport, then you would realize that it takes less to have an effective airport!

Nigeria have the money and the financial might to build an airport better than Pearson airport in Toronto. When you have mediocre leadership, you get what you see in the name of renovation in port harcourt international airport.

We don't even have what the OP posted. The Portharcourt international Airport is worse than mile one park. I travelled through there just about two days ago. What I saw I would not even want for my enemy. The place is hell and far from what an airport should be even our local standard. Zero infrastructure, zero security and zero service delivery.

1 Like

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by OneNaira6: 6:18am On Dec 05, 2013
Not bad, not gorgeous either, but definitely not bad. I can't wait till it's finished.
Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by nameo: 7:51am On Dec 05, 2013
This is good, but when will it be finished?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Attack On Fashola: Akabueze Replies Obanikoro / Goodluck Jonathan Is A Greedy Leader. / Photo: Take A Look On The Condition Of a Road Near Governors House In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.