Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,851 members, 7,922,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 05:15 PM

Martins Mum Dies - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Martins Mum Dies (1306 Views)

I Want To Play For Keshi – Obafemi Martins / I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! / Best Finisher: Obafemi Martins, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, or Julius Aghahowa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Martins Mum Dies by Truequest(m): 3:04pm On Jul 24, 2008
Nigerian striker Obafemi Martins’ mother passed away today and
will be buried tomorrow as is the custom with Muslims.

http://kickoffnigeria.com/static/news/article.php?id=2287

My special condolence to Him and other members of the family.
Re: Martins Mum Dies by Mustay(m): 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2008
Pirry sad

Ina Lillah Wa InAllah-e-Rajaoon
Re: Martins Mum Dies by Jarus(m): 7:27pm On Jul 24, 2008
Inna Lilalahi wa inna ilaehi rajiun!!!
Re: Martins Mum Dies by A40(m): 8:07pm On Jul 24, 2008
Its painful i am not even sure he will be there on time before she gets buried
Re: Martins Mum Dies by mukina2: 9:27pm On Jul 24, 2008
From Allah we came to Allah we shall return cry cry

May her soul rest in peace sad
Re: Martins Mum Dies by toluxa1(m): 10:51pm On Jul 24, 2008
What keeps surprising me is the cause of her death- shock from an exploding tanker. I think she must have been sick before cos i remember there are times when martins will miss matches because of his mums health. I think he even flew her abroad one time. My condolence to Our dear Obagoal.
Re: Martins Mum Dies by toluxa1(m): 10:51pm On Jul 24, 2008
What keeps surprising me is the cause of her death- shock from an exploding tanker. I think she must have been sick before cos i remember there are times when martins will miss matches because of his mums health. I think he even flew her abroad one time. My condolence to Our dear Obagoal.
Re: Martins Mum Dies by Mustay(m): 8:37am On Jul 25, 2008
toluxa1:

What keeps surprising me is the cause of her death- shock from an exploding tanker. I think she must have been sick before because i remember there are times when martins will miss matches because of his mums health. I think he even flew her abroad one time. My condolence to Our dear Obagoal.

So she was the one shocked shocked shocked

Ha! I heard about one Mrs. Martins but dint know it was Oba's mum that was involved sad
Re: Martins Mum Dies by agaba123(m): 8:50am On Jul 25, 2008
Re: Martins Mum Dies by Jarus(m): 11:21am On Jul 25, 2008
UK SOCCER FANS UNITE FOR MARTINS!!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1467744.ece

For the first time I'm seeing ManU,Chelsea,NUFC and other EPL club fans across and beyond UK uniting. Read thru their comments now and saw how they unanimously saluted and paid tribute to Martins.
Re: Martins Mum Dies by dominictj(m): 11:54am On Jul 25, 2008
Well, Martins we soccer fans all feel and share your grief and may God in his infinite mercy grant ur mum eternal rest. Amen
Re: Martins Mum Dies by AJITERU: 12:08pm On Jul 25, 2008
What a bad news for Obagol? Please take heart and may the almighty God grant her eternal life.
Re: Martins Mum Dies by Olaolufred(m): 2:59pm On Jul 25, 2008
I really commiserate with all the Families that lost person(s) in the mishap.

Those other souls are not inferior to Obagol mother's soul.

May the Lord give them all the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: Martins Mum Dies by akinsadeez(m): 3:33pm On Jul 25, 2008
Sorry Obagoal.Your Imminent transfer to arsenal will reduce the pains a bit.Anyways, sorrry for the loss,
Re: Martins Mum Dies by Truequest(m): 4:27pm On Jul 25, 2008
[center]Obafemi Martins’ Mother Is Buried[/center]

Tears flowed freely this morning when the mother of Obafemi Martins, late Alhaja Sherifat Martins, was buried.
The remains of Alhaja Sherifat Martins being convered by pall bearer this morning at Victoria Garden City, (VGC), Lagos.

Family members, relatives, friends and some football players were present when Alhaja Martins, 62, was committed to mother earth at a private cemetery at the Victoria Garden City (VGC), Lekki.

Martins himself could not control his emotion as he saw his dear mother being buried. He arrived early today from London after news of his mother’s death was broken to him.

The Lagos State government was ably represented at the burial by Prince Ademola Adeniji Adele, Commissioner for Sports and Social Development.

Martins manager, Dapo Olowu and some local football players were also present at the burial to pay their last respect to the deceased.

The atmosphere at the Super Eagles striker’s residence in Ajah, Lagos was tense as sympathisers wore mournful looks.

Re: Martins Mum Dies by skfa1: 10:29pm On Jul 30, 2008
May her soul rest in peace

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria 4 Belgium 1 / Prophet Tb Joshua Predicted A 3-3 Draw / Columbia 2011 - Argentina Vs England Again! - Oh Dear, Not Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.