Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,248 members, 7,928,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 10:33 PM

Relocate To Nigeria Or Not - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocate To Nigeria Or Not (760 Views)

Which Country Can I Relocate To With 500k? / I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back / Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocate To Nigeria Or Not by Kolajunior: 12:15am On Dec 03, 2013
Hi all,
I am currently living in the UK and i'am 40.My father gave me 12 hectares of land with a farm house on it, and I saved 4 Millions naira myself. I am planning to relocate to Nigeria and start a business because i'am tired of the Uk. I have two bedroom house where i can live with my wife and my 4 years son. Can anyone give me some advice please as i'am not to sure about what to do. Thanks
Re: Relocate To Nigeria Or Not by obowunmi(m): 1:33am On Dec 03, 2013
Nigeria works best if you keep to yourself.

Network cautiously and don't compete with the jones.

Go home and become a farmer. There's money to be made in farming. However, make sure that your wife doesn't force you to keep with the jones. That's what kills many Nigerians. They compete with the jones but secretly the jones don't have anymore.

1 Like

Re: Relocate To Nigeria Or Not by Lucasbalo(m): 7:00am On Dec 03, 2013
obowunmi: Nigeria works best if you keep to yourself.

Network cautiously and don't compete with the jones.

Go home and become a farmer. There's money to be made in farming. However, make sure that your wife doesn't force you to keep with the jones. That's what kills many Nigerians. They compete with the jones but secretly the jones don't have anymore.

Nice advice, but four million Naira is not much in Nigeria.
Re: Relocate To Nigeria Or Not by dasparrow: 9:56am On Dec 03, 2013
Kolajunior: Hi all,
I am currently living in the UK and i'am 40.My father gave me 12 hectares of land with a farm house on it, and I saved 4 Millions naira myself. I am planning to relocate to Nigeria and start a business because i'am tired of the Uk. I have two bedroom house where i can live with my wife and my 4 years son. Can anyone give me some advice please as i'am not to sure about what to do. Thanks

Don't come back o! Electricity supply is crappy, the environment is dirty and dusty, the heat is unbearable. Noise pollution is another thing to worry about. Cost of living is quite high except you know how to haggle the price of a commodity very well. If not, get ready to get cheated out of your money.

If you are tired of the UK, I highly suggest you work with an international firm or NGO that can post you to another country. However, if you insist on going back to Nigeria, I suggest you come alone first and stay for sometime so that you can taste and see if you can live in Nigeria and can cope with all the challenges facing us here. If you are convinced that Nigeria is where you want to be, then okay. You're welcome to come back.
Re: Relocate To Nigeria Or Not by Kolajunior: 10:43am On Dec 03, 2013
Thanks for all your advice. 4 millions is what I want to invest in a business. I still got some money I can spend for a year to wait for my business to start making profit. Can someone tell me what business I can start with 4 millions in agriculture. Home is home and I want to play my part. Thanks.
Re: Relocate To Nigeria Or Not by alienware(m): 8:14pm On Dec 05, 2013
They say agriculture is lucrative,but it is the northern part of Nigeria where you can source lots of food crops or get a fertile land that has become very volatile as a result of incesant crises. Have u ever thought of going into petty manufacturing like cosmetic formulation and packaging ? What of block industry ? Poultry ? Baking and retail ? Etc.
Re: Relocate To Nigeria Or Not by obowunmi(m): 11:29am On Dec 06, 2013
It's not only the north that has fertile land. Parts in the south west do too!!
Re: Relocate To Nigeria Or Not by obowunmi(m): 11:31am On Dec 06, 2013
Lucasbalo: Nice advice, but four million Naira is not much in Nigeria.

It's a start. At least he'd going back home with something. Some people don't hv much when they go back.

Plan well
Don't tell people that you're going home with cash. Even people you consider "family members."
If you have not mastered the art of negotiations, then you're not ready yet. Otherwise, you'll be cheated out of your hard earned cash.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Nigeria Helped To Set South Africa Free / I Hope Dubai Law / Black Or White, True Or False: The Mystery Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.