Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,185 members, 7,977,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 08:51 AM

Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff (1294 Views)

Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions / FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by Hotdiamond(m): 8:35am On Dec 03, 2013
For failure to return to classrooms,
the Senate of the Federal University
of Technology Owerri (FUTO) has
sacked all academic staff on its
payroll with immediate effect.
The sack order was made known by
the Public Relations Officers (PRO) of
the institution, Mr Chike Ezenwa,
while speaking with the Nigerian
Tribune in Owerri, through telephone.
According to him, the senate of the
university had declared all the
positions of academic staff in the
institution, adding that they would be
advertised starting from Monday,
December 2.
The senate council, he explained, had
already compiled the list of vacant
positions in the school, adding that
who were willing to resume would be
adequately protected.
Meanwhile, the FUTO branch of ASUU
has said any attempt to break their
ranks would be strongly resisted by
their members.
This was contained in a communiqué
issued at the end o their meeting held
on Monday, and signed by both the
chairman and secretary, Dr Ikenna
Nwachukwu and Dr F.M. Eke
respectively.
The communiqué urged members to
ignore the resumption notice by FUTO
management, adding that the branch
would not engage in any academic
activities until the Federal
Government commited itself to
implementing the ASUU-FGN
agreement.

http://www.theheraldng.com/federal-university-technology-sacks-entire-academic-staff/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by fasho01(m): 8:38am On Dec 03, 2013
Hmm.. Drama everywhere!!!
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by Drniyi4u(m): 8:41am On Dec 03, 2013
grin grin
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by manutdadex(m): 8:41am On Dec 03, 2013
lolz....ahhhhhhh...FG is Drunk
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by Mynd44: 8:43am On Dec 03, 2013
manutdadex: lolz....ahhhhhhh...FG is Drunk
gringringringringrin
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by Rexsul: 8:47am On Dec 03, 2013
tank God my broda's CV is ready....
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by Hotdiamond(m): 8:54am On Dec 03, 2013
this people are serious o.
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by myOGAonTOP: 8:57am On Dec 03, 2013
Abeg give the young men job. Hallelujah. If they re looking professors abeg go abroad and hire oyinbo. Aint that part of improving the quality of education?

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by Hotdiamond(m): 8:59am On Dec 03, 2013
myOGAonTOP: Abeg give the young men job. Hallelujah. If they re looking professors abeg go abroad and hire oyinbo. Aint that part of improving the quality of education?
Dem no go fit pay oyinbo.
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by gameboy727(m): 9:02am On Dec 03, 2013
There are enough unemployed labour force to replace them. Let them go and rest. Life doesn't revolve on Nairaland alone if you think so.
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by dimexilux(m): 9:12am On Dec 03, 2013
Nawa oh
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by engrfcuksmtin(m): 9:25am On Dec 03, 2013
Although I am a crusader of forceful opening of the institutions but listening to Doyin Okupke and Faggee this morning made me to have a rethink. There is no need for the government to forcefully open the universities if they are sincere with the resolution reached at meeting with the president. The four demands by ASUU are within the memorandum written by the government to ASUU. I am privilege to see both documents. Government is meant for the welfare of the people and should be ready to go to extra length to cater for this therefore they should do THE NEEDFUL release the fund for 2013, sign the non-victimization clause (especially with the reason behind not signing to be that non-victimization is a non issue)

On the sack of all academic staff by FUTO it can only be effective if there is break in the ranks of ASUU of the institution as we have in the case of uniilorin and rsust. If not not is OYO for the school management. How will they replace professor's and PhD holders which form the core of the academics? How many nigerian academicians outside the country are ready to leave there lucrative positions to take up the vacancies? How many professor's and PhD holders are without Job? How many Job seekers are having the 'required numbers of research publication and experience to fill the vacancies for FUTO and other over 150, 000 vacancies that will open in our universities?

3 Likes

Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by Sowhizy(f): 9:44am On Dec 03, 2013
I love drama. Buhahahahahahahahaaa
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by Sowhizy(f): 9:50am On Dec 03, 2013
Modz FP pls
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 03, 2013
manutdadex: lolz....ahhhhhhh...FG is Drunk

Very drunk you meant. That's if the news is actually true. This wont take any of them (fg & ASUU) to anywhere better cos a
peaceful/logical resolution shld be the best way to handle this, not some kind of forceful threats for resumption or face sacking. Fg is not credible on thier part all. This is why nigeria cannot develop cos those we call leaders fail to do the right thing.
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by fabby26(m): 10:06am On Dec 03, 2013
FUTO just added another fuel to the already raging fire that's gradually dieing out. And what's the result "More raging fire". They just made a terrible mistake by jumping into logical conclusion. And it will come with its consequences.
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 03, 2013
myOGAonTOP: Abeg give the young men job. Hallelujah. If they re looking professors abeg go abroad and hire oyinbo. Aint that part of improving the quality of education?
...yea
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 03, 2013
...i kinda prefer white lecturers...they know the value of education..
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by Csami(m): 11:09am On Dec 03, 2013
Things fall apart in Futo...say NO to examination date.
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by samilo88(m): 11:11am On Dec 03, 2013
Nice move sack them all. Since ASUU decides to play dirty then two can play d game. Advertise the positions of those who failed to turn up for lectures and employ new set of people with passion to impact knowledge. For God sake we have a lot of first class and second class upper graduates looking for jobs yet these dull lecturers who managed to graduate with 2.2 and 3rd class in the 80s decide to bring the educational system to a stand still. With the manpower resources in this nation, those ASUU skanks would be fully replaced in less than 4months. I think the long awaited revolution in our education is here. A pity this never happened when I was still in school.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by 3kay945(m): 11:18am On Dec 03, 2013
# just passing by, while updating my diary on FG vs ASUU brouhaha cool
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by 3kay945(m): 11:22am On Dec 03, 2013
samilo88: Nice move sack them all. Since ASUU decides to play dirty then two can play d game. Advertise the positions of those who failed to turn up for lectures and employ new set of people with passion to impact knowledge. For God sake we have a lot of first class and second class upper graduates looking for jobs yet these dull lecturers who managed to graduate with 2.2 and 3rd class in the 80s decide to bring the educational system to a stand still. With the manpower resources in this nation, those ASUU skanks would be fully replaced in less than 4months. I think the long awaited revolution in our education is here. A pity this never happened when I was still in school.

You think you re making sense abi? anyway, congratulations ur comment will make part of my diary... # walks away whistling.
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by nnasino(m): 11:35am On Dec 03, 2013
Thank God no exam on monday. Abeg before they recruit finish january for don reach
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by ajasa4link: 12:30pm On Dec 03, 2013
As from now on, here are the NEW UNIVERSITIES LECTURERS* Nyesom Wike to teach (Political Science)* Goodluck Jonathan to teach (Zoology)* Anyim Pius Anyim (Local Govt Studies)...* Patience Jonathan, (English/Maths)* Ngozi Iweala (Economics)* Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (Accounting)* Julius Okojie(NUC), (Edu Admin/ Mgt)* Reuben Abati (Mass Communications)* Deizani Alison-Mudueke (Chemical Engineering/ Petroleum Studies)* Stella Odua (Transport Studies)* David Mark, (Military Studies)* Labaran Maku (Public Administration)* More lecturers to be employed as time goes on.All Students are to resume to EAGLE SQUAREABUJA before 4th Dec. 2013.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by ajasa4link: 12:39pm On Dec 03, 2013
samilo88: Nice move sack them all. Since ASUU decides to play dirty then two can play d game. Advertise the positions of those who failed to turn up for lectures and employ new set of people with passion to impact knowledge. For God sake we have a lot of first class and second class upper graduates looking for jobs yet these dull lecturers who managed to graduate with 2.2 and 3rd class in the 80s decide to bring the educational system to a stand still. With the manpower resources in this nation, those ASUU skanks would be fully replaced in less than 4months. I think the long awaited revolution in our education is here. A pity this never happened when I was still in school.
like seriously?.... u will sack a professor with over 50 publications and replace him with a b.sc holder with 2:1 or first class? what tha fvck!....This is the main reason why people are advised not to hold farts in because when u do,it travels through to ur brain and that is where shiitty ideas like this one come from....

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by ajasa4link: 12:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
..I was in school yesterday to see my project supervisor and throughout my the time I was in the faculty there was power outage and I could see lecturers using hand fans to cool off the heat and some even had their windows opened. Tell me sincerely if u think any foreign professor can work in this kind of working environment.... Even Indians who are known to be rugged will not descend so low all in the name of imparting knowledge in students o
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by myOGAonTOP: 1:05pm On Dec 03, 2013
ajasa4link: ..I was in school yesterday to see my project supervisor and throughout my the time I was in the faculty there was power outage and I could see lecturers using hand fans to cool off the heat and some even had their windows opened. Tell me sincerely if u think any foreign professor can work in this kind of working environment.... Even Indians who are known to be rugged will not descend so low all in the name of imparting knowledge in students o
i hate liars and their distributors.
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by ajasa4link: 1:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
myOGAonTOP:
i hate liars and their distributors.
smh....the joke is on u bro if That's the only answer u can give to my question
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by purpinkx(m): 2:07pm On Dec 03, 2013
This news will hit front page in 3...2...1

Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by samilo88(m): 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2013
ajasa4link: like seriously?.... u will sack a professor with over 50 publications and replace him with a b.sc holder with 2:1 or first class? what tha fvck!....This is the main reason why people are advised not to hold farts in because when u do,it travels through to ur brain and that is where shiitty ideas like this one come from....
I never mentioned b.sc holders. Learn to read and comprehend before rushing to make a fool of yourself. Stop making noise about professors. We all know how some of them became professors. How many of them have publications in recognised international journals. With the number of professors we claim to have in this country, how come we are yet to make giant strides in various research areas. I have been taught by several professors and so called PHD holder and I can bodly say only few of them know their onions.
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by ajasa4link: 3:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
samilo88:
I never mentioned b.sc holders. Learn to read and comprehend before rushing to make a fool of yourself. Stop making noise about professors. We all know how some of them became professors. How many of them have publications in recognised international journals. With the number of professors we claim to have in this country, how come we are yet to make giant strides in various research areas. I have been taught by several professors and so called PHD holder and I can bodly say only few of them know their onions.
What the fvck are u saying?...OK,let me agree u were not referring to b.sc holders,then perhaps u are thinking of msc holders replacing PHD holders and professors abi?....Sorry,that is still not making sense! OK now, u are going to say u don't mean msc holders, but rather PHD holders, Good! But sorry bro,there ain't no PhD holders anywhere.. Show me thousands of unemployed PhD holders in Nigeria and I will show u a Toyota that runs on water....U see my friend,Nigerian universities are currently short of over 60,000 PhD holders, Do u think they wouldn't have been employed if they were available?... Think brother, THINK!
Re: Federal University Of Technologysacks Entire Academic Staff by sureway1(m): 4:12pm On Dec 03, 2013
l can see ASUU claiming fg have stop thinking with it brain...to get Prof Dr no be wasa.

(1) (Reply)

How can i Switch From Pol-science To Law? / UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN Postgraduate Form Is Out / Amosun Shuts Down Olabisi Onabanjo University.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.