Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,665 members, 7,889,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 02:09 AM

Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? (1143 Views)

"United States Should Start Killing Russians" - Retired US General On FOX News / INCREDIBLE: Meet The Woman Who Is Half-human, Half-fox Creature At Karachi Zoo / Fox News And The Chicken Democrats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by DeepZone: 5:33am On Jul 25, 2008
After Senator Obama won the nomination, he and his wife gave each other a "pound" in front of the cameras. Fox anchor E.D. Hill called the act of celebration a "terrorist fist jab." Then last week, a Fox News on-screen graphic referred to Michelle Obama as "Obama's baby mama"--slang used to describe the unmarried mother of a man's child. It was a clear attempt to associate the Obamas with negative cultural stereotypes about Black people, an insult not only to Michelle Obama but to women and Black people everywhere.

http://www.colorofchange.org/foxobama/?id=2635-181045
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by DeepZone: 5:36am On Jul 25, 2008
How can they use the word "baby mama" for his wife? I've also seen a lady suggest that he may be assasinated(heck, why not suggest the same for John McCain) and another call him "Barrack Osama" only to apologize the next day lackadaisically.
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by naijadiva2(f): 5:38am On Jul 25, 2008
it doesn't even matter because obama is doing his thing. everyone's on his back trying to make him look bad but he's always ahead of them. when hilary was running, she wouldn't leave the guy alone, now what, he's the nominee and she's not. mccain's focus all his energy in talking about obama instead about himself and now he's complaining that obama is getting more attention than him and that its not fair.
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by KarmaMod(f): 5:40am On Jul 25, 2008
cos Fox News is conservative and attacks any liberal?
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by DeepZone: 6:25am On Jul 25, 2008
because Fox News is conservative and attacks any liberal?
Not really because they tactically attacked John Kerry. The closest was Joe Liebermann but his case was better. There is a huge difference between attacking somebody and insulting somebody. Calling Michelle a baby mama is as good as Don Imus calling black women a nappy headed ho.

Again, John McCain is not your typical conservative, why are they sparing him and his trophy wife? party allegiance?
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by HCH3COO: 6:31am On Jul 25, 2008
Fox's "baby mama" incidence was outright racism. No doubt.  It also carries the implication that Obama's two daughters are bastards.  According to the definition of baby mama:  in African American  community a baby mama is a woman who bears a child out of wedlock.
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by Orimili(m): 7:04am On Jul 25, 2008
DeepZone:

After Senator Obama won the nomination, he and his wife gave each other a "pound" in front of the cameras. Fox anchor E.D. Hill called the act of celebration a "terrorist fist jab." Then last week, a Fox News on-screen graphic referred to Michelle Obama as "Obama's baby mama"--slang used to describe the unmarried mother of a man's child. It was a clear attempt to associate the Obamas with negative cultural stereotypes about Black people, an insult not only to Michelle Obama but to women and Black people everywhere.

http://www.colorofchange.org/foxobama/?id=2635-181045

Wow, you're a bit late for that one. Anyway, it's not that serious, and people need to stop worrying about political correctness all the time.
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by HCH3COO: 7:06am On Jul 25, 2008
Are you saying it's okay for fox news to call Michelle a ho because it's their first amendment right
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by DeepZone: 7:09am On Jul 25, 2008
Are you saying it's okay for fox news to call Michelle a ho because it's their first amendment right
Thank You!!!!!
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by Ijiji1(m): 7:11am On Jul 25, 2008
Don't even waste your time watching faux noise. I took it off my favorite list a long time ago. Come to think I was a conservative lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by Orimili(m): 7:22am On Jul 25, 2008
HCH3COO:

I'm saying that people say things about others all the time, but it's always us black people that sit around and bitch about it. As bad as it sounds, yes, it is protected by the first amendment. That's what America is about. I think it's because we complain about this that the news is going to continue "painting the Obamas."
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by Orimili(m): 7:23am On Jul 25, 2008
Ijiji1:

Don't even waste your time watching faux noise. I took it off my favorite list a long time ago. Come to think I was a conservative lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Protip: Fox News were never true conservatives. They are way more liberal than you think.
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by RichyBlacK(m): 5:59pm On Jul 25, 2008
Orimili:

Wow, you're a bit late for that one. Anyway, it's not that serious, and people need to stop worrying about political correctness all the time.

Pathetic!
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by HCH3COO: 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2008
Orimili:

I'm saying that people say things about others all the time, but it's always us black people that sit around and bitch about it. As bad as it sounds, yes, it is protected by the first amendment. That's what America is about. I think it's because we complain about this that the news is going to continue "painting the Obamas."
this is ignorance. you are just accepting all sorts of stupid tags of inferiority from white people.  you don't need race or political correctness to tell you what's right or wrong.  the first amendment protects your free speech but it does not guarantee you a right to be stupid.  even stupidity has its limits. by the same accounts you can say racism is a right, but that doesn't make it right, does it?  complaining in this situation is completely justified.
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by Orimili(m): 8:30pm On Jul 25, 2008
HCH3COO:

this is ignorance. you are just accepting all sorts of stupid tags of inferiority from white people.  you don't need race or political correctness to tell you what's right or wrong.  the first amendment protects your free speech but it does not guarantee you a right to be stupid.  even stupidity has its limits. by the same accounts you can say racism is a right, but that doesn't make it right, does it?  complaining in this situation is completely justified.

You can claim ignorance all you want, but it doesn't make your statement any more intelligible. The media has been doing this to candidates for years. Look at all of the satire and negative imagery of almost every political figure in the last few decades. All of a sudden, they turn their focus on Obama, and now it's bad? Now it's complaint worthy? I never said that it was a good thing, nor am I accepting any kind of inferiority from any person. What the hell do I need to feel inferior/superior to anyone? I don't live for any human being. There is no justification in complaining because it only proves the negative stereotypes that black people have. Get over yourself, man. This is America. I guess that you also have the freedom to complain too, but it's not going to get you anywhere, and by complaining, you're only adding fuel to the fire, encouraging more acts like this by the media. If you don't like it, then ignore it. In fact, if people ignored it in the first place, rather than run around like headless chickens, then stories like this on the news wouldn't exist.
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by toshmann(m): 8:37pm On Jul 25, 2008
you guys must get this into your skulls. this is politics. it is not racism. if obama were white, fox news will still be on his neck. i think we are over diagnosing racism.
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by HCH3COO: 8:41pm On Jul 25, 2008
Orimili:

You can claim ignorance all you want, but it doesn't make your statement any more intelligible.   The media has been doing this to candidates for years.
why are you escaping the inherent question.  doing it for years doesn't make it right. especially what fox just did.
Look at all of the satire and negative imagery of almost every political figure in the last few decades. All of a sudden, they turn their focus on Obama, and now it's bad?Now it's complaint worthy?
when we see something wrong, we don't have to accept it because it's been going on for decades without end. people speak out when they see that they're being wronged.  american culture supports and allows this.  it's one of the reasons racism has been able to come to an end.  
I never said that it was a good thing, nor am I accepting any kind of inferiority from any person. What the hell do I need to feel inferior/superior to anyone? I don't live for any human being. There is no justification in complaining because it only proves the negative stereotypes that black people have.
what do you suggest they do?  accept the negative label and move on?  if you can't hold people responsible for their unrighteous behavior, how do you expect to serve justice?  americans push for liberty, but blind use of freedom anywhere is not okay.
Get over yourself, man. This is America. I guess that you also have the freedom to complain too, but it's not going to get you anywhere, and by complaining, you're only adding fuel to the fire, encouraging more acts like this by the media. If you don't like it, then ignore it. In fact, if people ignored it in the first place, rather than run around like headless chickens, then stories like this on the news wouldn't exist.
lol you sound like a dunce. nah, you are the one who needs to get over himself.  I don't juts support disrespectful racist horseshit because "this is america" . you have not made any sense whatsoever in defending this sexist, racist, stupid remark.  complaints might be meaningless to you but they work and bring attention to things that we care about.  when people force their principles on you, you're the kind of person to accept it because it's the law of the land.  the law of the land should not prevent you from being wise.  

toshmann:

you guys must get this into your skulls. this is politics. it is not racism. if obama were white, fox news will still be on his neck. i think we are over diagnosing racism.

what won't we hear. just like laura bush was called george bush's baby mama right? no wonder some of you people started clapping for don imus when he called those sisters "nappy headed hos"
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by Orimili(m): 9:21pm On Jul 25, 2008
HCH3COO:

why are you escaping the inherent question.  doing it for years doesn't make it right. especially what fox just did

Then if you are going to legitimately complain about it, don't half-ass it. Don't fight on Obama's behalf. Fight in the behalf of everyone that has been "wronged" by freedom of speech. Complain for McCain for the media calling him old. Complain for Clinton for the media calling her a bitch. Complain for Ron Paul for the media calling him a racist lunatic. If you are going to argue about something, do it right. Don't wait for your particular interest to come along, because it will just be worthless.

.when we see something wrong, we don't have to accept it because it's been going on for decades without end. people speak out when they see that they're being wronged.  american culture supports and allows this.  it's one of the reasons racism has been able to come to an end.

Strange, because I have never seen racism come to an end. Sure, it's less explicit, but racism in America is like energy, you can't destroy it. It will only change states. Racism is alive as ever, in a more implicit form. Look at the war on drugs. Look at the patriot act. Look at affirmative action. As long as more than one race or culture exists in one place, racism will always exist. I am in no way embracing it, but just stating the truth. You don't have to like it, but it is what it is. What people have fought for in the past was equality, not ending racism. They wanted to take part in the rights that were granted to them in the US Constitution.

what do you suggest they do?  accept the negative label and move on?  if you can't hold people responsible for their unrighteous behavior, how do you expect to serve justice?  americans push for liberty, but blind use of freedom anywhere is not okay.

You don't have to accept any label. Simply moving on, regardless of what people say of you is proof that they can do nothing to you. Seriously, there's a passage like this in the bible (Matthew 5:39). You hold people responsible for unrighteous behavior when they break the law, not when you don't agree with them. Americans push for liberty, yes, but that liberty comes at a price: not everyone is going to be comfortable with it. This is what happens when you have different cultures partaking in such. At one point, which is inevitable, someone is going to express their freedoms in a way that another is not going to agree with. Can you do something about it. Of course, ignore it and move on! That is what liberty is about, the freedom to make choices without some governing body controlling what you do. The minute you begin to change that, you can throw liberty away, because if you are going to stop or limit the freedom of speech, you might as well, and won't stop the eventual further limiting or removal or ALL of your liberties.

lol you sound like a dunce. nah, you are the one who needs to get over himself.  I don't juts support disrespectful racist horseshit because "this is america" . you have not made any sense whatsoever in defending this sexist, racist, stupid remark.  complaints might be meaningless to you but they work and bring attention to things that we care about.  when people force their principles on you, you're the kind of person to accept it because it's the law of the land.  the law of the land should not prevent you from being wise.

. . .As the law of the land has prevented you from being so. You're entitled to your opinion, therefore you are free to ignore any fact that I present to you, but you really shouldn't let your emotions get the best of you. No need to elaborate here any further.
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by HCH3COO: 10:02pm On Jul 25, 2008
Orimili:

Then if you are going to legitimately complain about it, don't half-ass it. Don't fight on Obama's behalf. Fight in the behalf of everyone that has been "wronged" by freedom of speech. Complain for McCain for the media calling him old. Complain for Clinton for the media calling her a bitch. Complain for Ron Paul for the media calling him a racist lunatic. If you are going to argue about something, do it right. Don't wait for your particular interest to come along, because it will just be worthless.
Who gives a hoot on whose behalf I am complaining. I am complaining about whether the current issue is right or wrong. That's the reason we're having this discussion because you're barbarically suggesting that it's okay because it has happened in the past. If you open other topics discussing those other issues you have raised we can discuss them there. Michelle 'Baby mama' Obama is the pertinent subject here.

Strange, because I have never seen racism come to an end. Sure, it's less explicit, but racism in America is like energy, you can't destroy it. It will only change states. Racism is alive as ever, in a more implicit form. Look at the war on drugs. Look at the patriot act. Look at affirmative action. As long as more than one race or culture exists in one place, racism will always exist. I am in no way embracing it, but just stating the truth. You don't have to like it, but it is what it is. What people have fought for in the past was equality, not ending racism. They wanted to take part in the rights that were granted to them in the US Constitution.
I will beg you to polish your comprehension skills. Racism will never come to an end, we know this. Its visibility and allowance is not as great or admired as in years past. What people have fought for is a right to be seen as equals, but why weren't they seen as equals in the first place? In the case of blacks, because of the physical differences observed in the color of their skin they were seen as inferiors. I don't know which America you are living in, but I don't see slaves roaming about the country picking cottons, getting whipped, stripped of their right to be humans in the America that I am residing in. Using the law to justify nefarious use of freedom of speech is your ignorance manifested.

You don't have to accept any label. Simply moving on, regardless of what people say of you is proof that they can do nothing to you.
It's just serves as proof that you are a gutless person who is easily rided.
Seriously, there's a passage like this in the bible (Matthew 5:39). You hold people responsible for unrighteous behavior when they break the law, not when you don't agree with them. Americans push for liberty, yes, but that liberty comes at a price: not everyone is going to be comfortable with it. This is what happens when you have different cultures partaking in such.
Not everyone is going to be comfortable with it. You hit the nail on the head. We are hitting at fox news' unacceptable verbal mistake because we are not comfortable with it.
At one point, which is inevitable, someone is going to express their freedoms in a way that another is not going to agree with. Can you do something about it. Of course, ignore it and move on! That is what liberty is about, the freedom to make choices without some governing body controlling what you do.
That's a glaring difference between good thinkers and idiots. People with common sense understand that liberty is not an excuse to be a stupid menace. Slavery wasn't just "ignored" back in the days. Its demolition began with discussion, which lead to actions that combated its approval in American society.

The minute you begin to change that, you can throw liberty away, because[b] if you are going to stop or limit the freedom of speech, you might as well, and won't stop the eventual further limiting or removal or ALL of your liberties.[/b]
How retarded. Even freedom of speech has its limits, but I don't expect you to understand this. When people abuse their right to liberty, it gets taken away from them.

. . .As the law of the land has prevented you from being so. You're entitled to your opinion, therefore you are free to ignore any fact that I present to you, but you really shouldn't let your emotions get the best of you. No need to elaborate here any further.
Don't get it twisted, you are yet to state any fact here. What you keep jotting down is opinion after opinion after opinion. Even dullards are entitled to their opinions. I suppose according to you we shouldn't discuss any faults with the media because anything they say has been done before, and is protected by law.
I'm sorry I can't do that. I think with my head, meaning I don't accept what I am told by others as being 100% correct.
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by Orimili(m): 10:36pm On Jul 25, 2008
HCH3COO:

Who gives a hoot on whose behalf I am complaining.  I am complaining about whether the current issue is right or wrong.   That's the reason we're having this discussion because you're barbarically suggesting that it's okay because it has happened in the past.  If you open other topics discussing those other issues you have raised we can discuss them there.  Michelle 'Baby mama' Obama is the pertinent subject here.
I will beg you to polish your comprehension skills.  Racism will never come to an end, we know this.  Its visibility and allowance is not as great or admired as in years past.   What people have fought for is a right to be seen as equals, but why weren't they seen as equals in the first place?  In the case of blacks, because of the physical differences observed in the color of their skin they were seen as inferiors.  I don't know which America you are living in, but I don't see slaves roaming about the country picking cottons, getting whipped, stripped of their right to be humans in the America that I am residing in.  Using the law to justify nefarious use of freedom of speech is your ignorance manifested.
It's just serves as proof that you are a gutless person who is easily rided. Not everyone is going to be comfortable with it.  You hit the nail on the head.  We are hitting at fox news' unacceptable verbal mistake because we are not comfortable with it. That's a glaring difference between good thinkers and idiots.  People with common sense understand that liberty is not an excuse to be a stupid menace.  Slavery wasn't just "ignored" back in the days.  Its demolition began with discussion, which lead to actions that combated its approval in American society.
How retarded.  Even freedom of speech has its limits, but I don't expect you to understand this.  When people abuse their right to liberty, it gets taken away from them.Don't get it twisted, you are yet to state any fact here.  What you keep jotting down is opinion after opinion after opinion.  Even dullards are entitled to their opinions. I suppose according to you we shouldn't discuss any faults with the media because anything they say has been done before, and is protected by law.   
I'm sorry I can't do that.  I think with my head, meaning I don't accept what I am told by others as being 100% correct.

TL;DR

I'm not going to keep getting into a circular argument with you, as there are people that are never going to understand. I provided you with facts and you ignored them, refusing to show me evidence supporting yours. Because of this, I'm no longer going to entertain your ego, and am awaiting a more competent person to challenge my views on this particular issue. When one gets into an argument with a fool, others cannot tell the difference. It is definitely not worth it to waste my break time in the neurosurgery lab to fight with someone who cannot, and will not understand the details surrounding this issue. That would be a losing battle on both sides, with nothing but wasted resources, so I leave you to project your self-righteousness onto others. I wish you well.
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by HCH3COO: 11:22pm On Jul 25, 2008
Orimili:

TL;DR

I'm not going to keep getting into a circular argument with you, as there are people that are never going to understand. I provided you with facts and you ignored them, refusing to show me evidence supporting yours. Because of this, I'm no longer going to entertain your ego, and am awaiting a more competent person to challenge my views on this particular issue. When one gets into an argument with a fool, others cannot tell the difference. It is definitely not worth it to waste my break time in the neurosurgery lab to fight with someone who cannot, and will not understand the details surrounding this issue. That would be a losing battle on both sides, with nothing but wasted resources, so I leave you to project your self-righteousness onto others. I wish you well.
Wow! You are impossible.  Understanding details surrounding fox's sexism? Fox has apologized for the remarks but you think we should understand that it's okay?  After addressing pretty much all the petty issues you have raised you sit there whining that you won't continue this discussion because I am not accepting your opinions. Hiss, whatever then.  I already explained my reasons for not accepting your opinions.  I don't just sit back watching people ride me because it's the law.  Your problem is that you think anything that's supported by the law is okay.  The law is not total protection from criticism.  There are unjust laws and there are people who use the law as an excuse to be stupid.  Recite that five times and force it into your head.  It would have been easier for you to say you give up because you ran out of other ignoble excuses.
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by Orimili(m): 12:00am On Jul 26, 2008
HCH3COO:

Wow! You are impossible.  Understanding details surrounding fox's sexism? Fox has apologized for the remarks but you think we should understand that it's okay?  After addressing pretty much all the petty issues you have raised you sit there whining that you won't continue this discussion because I am not accepting your opinions. Hiss, whatever then.  I already explained my reasons for not accepting your opinions.  I don't just sit back watching people ride me because it's the law.  Your problem is that you think anything that's supported by the law is okay.  The law is not total protection from criticism.  There are unjust laws and there are people who use the law as an excuse to be stupid.  Recite that five times and force it into your head.  It would have been easier for you to say you give up because you ran out of other ignoble excuses

Not really. One thing is to give up, the other thing is to realize that I have more important things to do with my time than to argue with people over the internet. Maybe you have all the free time in the world, good for you. However, in real life, I work in research that could save lives, and I'm not going to waste my life on you. I didn't think that anyone over 10 still worried about name-calling or someone else picking on them, and I certainly didn't expect this discussion to last as long as it did. Mind you, neither Barack nor Michelle are crying about such things. You are, as well as some others. The law is the law, and if you bothered to study US history, you would understand that you can probably move to fix your own issues with it, but it's only going to create more problems for you, dragging you into an endless circle (at least, as far as racism goes). If you want to believe that you won, go ahead. What am I going to gain from "winning" the internet equivalent of a penis measuring contest? Not a damn thing, neither do I have anything to lose by "losing." I don't rely on, nor do I let my emotions get the best of me in any situation, as I see that yours have done. I've said my peace. Good day, sir.
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by HCH3COO: 12:21am On Jul 26, 2008
Orimili:

Not really. One thing is to give up, the other thing is to realize that I have more important things to do with my time than to argue with people over the internet.  Maybe you have all the free time in the world, good for you. However, in real life, I work in research that could save lives, and I'm not going to waste my life on you.
Oh please . . . what do you consider this and other talks we have had?  We can all claim to have better things to do with our time yet we choose to do this because . . . .
But you are free to do the better things you have chosen.  Have Fun!
I didn't think that anyone over 10 still worried about name-calling or someone else picking on them,
Are you suggesting that those who disagree with the name calling are under 10?  That's faulty.
There are people over 10 who worry about being unfairly targeted.  I hope I don't have to provide you with examples.  There are so many of them that will quell your thoughts.
and I certainly didn't expect this discussion to last as long as it did.
Neither did I.
Mind you, neither Barack nor Michelle are crying about such things. You are, as well as some others. The law is the law, and if you bothered to study US history, you would understand that you can probably move to fix your own issues with it, but it's only going to create more problems for you, dragging you into an endless circle (at least, as far as racism goes).
Gaahh, where do I begin Orimili.  I don't think Michelle liked being called a baby mama, I don't think her daughters think it's polite to be termed bastards, and I don't think I need to see them say this to know that they dislike it.  I could be a historian you never know.  I am not an historian but I feel I know enough about US. history thank you.  I have no qualms with US history and its constitution, what is in session here is our spite for people who fail to consider proper etiquette when taking advantage of their rights. 
If you want to believe that you won, go ahead. What am I going to gain from "winning" the internet equivalent of a privates measuring contest? Not a damn thing, neither do I have anything to lose by "losing." I don't rely on, nor do I let my emotions get the best of me in any situation, as I see that yours have done. I've said my peace. Good day, sir.
I'm not interested in doing this for an e-award.  Was hoping to help you see that the law does not excuse condemning the wrongs of the media.  We should be able to discuss these issues without being called ten-year-olds by people like you who feel it's pointless.

Enjoy the rest of your day man wink
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by SeanT21(f): 5:26am On Jul 26, 2008
toshmann:

Have U ever in your life seen FOX news. Everyone and their mother knows fox news is racist. They are always saying something negative about Barack Obama. Just take a look at FOX news for 10 seconds. When Jesse Jackson called Obama a racist, they played it 10 times in one hour. When The New Yorker did that racist cover of Obama, They showed the cover more than anything else. There is a big difference between hating a canadaite and TEARING HIM DOWN!! The only people that watch fox news are racist rednecks from the hills of West Virginia.

Please Do NOT TAKE UP FOR THEM!!

[b]NEW YORK, July 23 (Reuters) - Protesters gathered on Wednesday outside Fox News Channel to denounce what they claim is its racist campaign coverage, including a pundit who called Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama a terrorist.

The crowd of some 150 people wielded a petition with more than 600,000 signatures objecting to news coverage by Fox, owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp (NWSa.N: Quote, Profile, Research), organizers said.

Some demonstrators held signs that crossed out the network's "Fair and Balanced" slogan and replaced it with the words "Fairly Racist!"

Led by activist groups MoveOn.org and ColorOfChange.org, protesters cited incidents on Fox including an on-screen graphic calling Michelle Obama "Obama's baby mama" and a pundit who confused Obama with Osama bin Laden and joked they should both be assassinated.

Another anchor called a televised fist bump between Obama and his wife a "terrorist fist jab," they said, and talk show host Bill O'Reilly discussed calling a "lynching party" to deal with Michelle Obama after criticizing her patriotism.

"Putting racism on national television and calling it news is never funny," said Andre Banks of ColorOfChange.

Joining the protest was hip hop star Nas, who said the Fox coverage inspired a song "Sly Fox" on his new album.

"Fox poisons this country every time they air racist propaganda and try and call it news," he said. Continued,
A spokeswoman for Fox said: "Fox News believes in all protesters exercising their right to free speech, including Nas, who has an album to promote."

(Reporting by Nancy Leinfuss, Editing by Ellen Wulfhorst and Eric Beech) [/b]
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by KarmaMod(f): 3:58pm On Jul 26, 2008
The NYer cover wasnt racist

Poor taste perhaps but hardly "racist"
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by Kobojunkie: 4:25pm On Jul 26, 2008
Fox is not racist,  that is over reaction mostly on the part of people who are too quick to tag everything they can as being racist. Majority of those in this group happen to be blind racists who would never believe they have the very problem they accuse others of. There are black people on fox and many of those who watch Fox are black. If those who not believe Fox is racist are they wrong just cause of the other group that declares it is?  Claiming it is racist just cause you seem too quick to tag everything, is a whole nother issue. Fox actually being racist is not based on reality but people's individual perception of Fox.

Just cause some people claim something is racist does not mean it is necessarily racist. This is an election year. Asking why Fox News is out to paint Obama "black" is as ridiculous as asking why Mohammed Ali pounds the living day light out of his opponents in the ring. It is all about the game, in this case , Politics.
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by toshmann(m): 4:27pm On Jul 26, 2008
SeanT21:

Have You ever in your life seen FOX news. Everyone and their mother knows fox news is racist. They are always saying something negative about Barack Obama. Just take a look at FOX news for 10 seconds. When Jesse Jackson called Obama a racist, they played it 10 times in one hour. When The New Yorker did that racist cover of Obama, They showed the cover more than anything else. There is a big difference between hating a canadaite and TEARING HIM DOWN!! The only people that watch fox news are racist rednecks from the hills of West Virginia.

Please Do NOT TAKE UP FOR THEM!!

[b]NEW YORK, July 23 (Reuters) - Protesters gathered on Wednesday outside Fox News Channel to denounce what they claim is its racist campaign coverage, including a pundit who called Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama a terrorist.

The crowd of some 150 people wielded a petition with more than 600,000 signatures objecting to news coverage by Fox, owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp (NWSa.N: Quote, Profile, Research), organizers said.

Some demonstrators held signs that crossed out the network's "Fair and Balanced" slogan and replaced it with the words "Fairly Racist!"

Led by activist groups MoveOn.org and ColorOfChange.org, protesters cited incidents on Fox including an on-screen graphic calling Michelle Obama "Obama's baby mama" and a pundit who confused Obama with Osama bin Laden and joked they should both be assassinated.

Another anchor called a televised fist bump between Obama and his wife a "terrorist fist jab," they said, and talk show host Bill O'Reilly discussed calling a "lynching party" to deal with Michelle Obama after criticizing her patriotism.

"Putting racism on national television and calling it news is never funny," said Andre Banks of ColorOfChange.

Joining the protest was hip hop star Nas, who said the Fox coverage inspired a song "Sly Fox" on his new album.

"Fox poisons this country every time they air racist propaganda and try and call it news," he said. Continued,
A spokeswoman for Fox said: "Fox News believes in all protesters exercising their right to free speech, including Nas, who has an album to promote."

(Reporting by Nancy Leinfuss, Editing by Ellen Wulfhorst and Eric Beech) [/b]

my dear sister,
i started watching fox news when i was in naija. fox news will tear down any democrat. they did it to clinton, they are doing it now even to edwards, they will do it anytime to any democrat. edwards was once said to have sworn never to have anything to do with fox news. fox news tore john kerry apart. and even senator barbara boxer(white, democrat) was torn apart for a statement she made against . . . . . .condy rice(black republican).

question. . .
has fox news ever torn down collin powel? even when he decieved the world in the UN security council. did fox news tear him down?
have they torn down Condy Rice? with all her bush policies and foreign policy activities. have they torn her apart?

this is politics. if jesus christ should come down to US as a democrat, trust me, fox news will tear him down. even worse than the pharisees. FYI, fox news was established to tear democrats apart. it was established by the right to counter the usually left leaning mainstream media. that is their primary objective and they are doing it well. they are the "extreme right". another reason why it was irritating to see hillary "dancing" with fox news
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by HCH3COO: 4:55pm On Jul 26, 2008
Putting conservatist racism on television in front of millions of people and calling it news, is true politics indeed undecided
Some people seem to have forgotten the difference between racism and politics kiss
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by SeanT21(f): 5:55pm On Jul 26, 2008
Go to Youtube and watch the video FOX ATTACKS: Black America.

I remember when Football Player Sean Taylor died, Fox news try to convince the public that he was a thug just because he was black. Fox news do not make sense at all. They can hate Obama all they want but using racial statements against him is ignorant and out of order. When i used to watch Fox news they also try to convince The public that Obama is a Muslim by saying his full name BARRACK HUSSEIN OBAMA. Yes, They Put Hillary and Bill Clinton down but What they are doing to Obama is way out of order. I love freedom of Speech but Hate Speech I can not tolerate.

I really do not understand why anyone will take up for FOX NEWS!!They do not give a damn about You!!

Boycott this sorry excuse for a news network and watch CNN, CNNheadline News, BBC America, MSNBC or your local news network.
Re: Why Is Fox News Out To Paint Obama "black"? by Kobojunkie: 8:39pm On Jul 26, 2008
SeanT21:

Go to Youtube and watch the video FOX ATTACKS: Black America.

I remember when Football Player Sean Taylor died, Fox news try to convince the public that he was a thug just because he was black. Fox news do not make sense at all. They can hate Obama all they want but using racial statements against him is ignorant and out of order. When i used to watch Fox news they also try to convince The public that Obama is a Muslim by saying his full name BARRACK HUSSEIN OBAMA. Yes, They Put Hillary and Bill Clinton down but What they are doing to Obama is way out of order. I love freedom of Speech but Hate Speech I can not tolerate.

I really do not understand why anyone will take up for FOX NEWS!!They do not give a damn about You!!

Boycott this sorry excuse for a news network and watch CNN, CNNheadline News, BBC America, MSNBC or your local news network.

I hope you learn that the world is not about you and what you choose to be sensitive to or not. Your claims that Fox is racist will not hold in a court. Just cause cannot personally stand what they have to say does not equal fox being racist. Two different things entirely.

people are allowed to believe as they choose, whether you like it or not, and the Obama is muslim idea was not manufactured by fox. Infact, I know someone who believes that who does not even watch fox.

This attitude of labeling most all negative talk as racist talk, in the black community, is getting really really old. I wait to see how America continues with all this after this election.

(1) (Reply)

Bomber 'put Gun In His Mouth And Fired - Meaning He May NEVER Be Able To Talk / Hilarious Quotes From Robert Mugabe / ISIS Members On The Run, Runnout Of Sex Slaves So They Drew Straws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.