Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,151 members, 7,887,343 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:07 AM

Is The Trinity Biblical? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Trinity Biblical? (739 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / About The Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Trinity Biblical? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:40am On Dec 04, 2013
Is the Trinity biblical?

While it has become increasingly popular to suggest that the doctrine of the Trinity is derived from pagan sources, in reality, this Christian essential is thoroughly biblical. The word "Trinity"—like "incarnation"— is not found in Scripture; however, it aptly codifies what God has condescended to reveal to us about his nature and being. In short, the Trinitarian platform contains three planks: (1) there is but one God; (2) the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God; (3) Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are eternally distinct.

The first plank underscores that there is only one God. Christianity is not polytheistic but fiercely monotheistic. "You are my witnesses, declares the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me" (Isaiah 43:10, emphasis added).

The second plank emphasizes that in hundreds of Scripture passages the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are declared to be fully and completely God. As a case in point, the apostle Paul says that, "there is but one God the Father" (1 Corinthians 8:6). The Father, speaking of the Son, says, "Your throne, O God, will last forever and forever" (Hebrews 1:8 ). And when Ananias "lied to the Holy Spirit," Peter points out that he had "not lied to men but to God" (Acts 5:3–4).

The third plank of the Trinitarian platform asserts that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are eternally distinct. Scripture clearly portrays subject/object relationships between Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. For example, the Father and Son love one another, speak to each other (John 17:1–26), and together send the Holy Spirit (John 15:26).

Additionally, Jesus proclaims that he and the Father are two distinct witnesses and two distinct judges (John 8:14–18 ). If Jesus were himself the Father, his argument would have been not only irrelevant but also fatally flawed; and if such were the case, he could not have been fully God. It is important to note that when Trinitarians speak of one God they are referring to the nature or essence of God.

Moreover, when they speak of persons they are referring to personal self-distinctions within the Godhead. Put another way, we believe in one What and three Who’s.

--Hank Hanegraaff | The Complete Bible Answer Book

For further study, see James R. White, The Forgotten Trinity (Minneapolis: Bethany House, 2001). http://www.equip.org/bookstore/the-forgotten-trinity-recovering-the-heart-of-christian-belief/

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one" --Deuteronomy 6:4
Re: Is The Trinity Biblical? by larrymoore(m): 3:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
God is one, christians won't accept that fact which is clearly written.
@op just wait and see how they come up with weak proofs dat God na three.
Re: Is The Trinity Biblical? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
larrymoore:

God is one, christians won't accept that fact which is clearly written.
@op just wait and see how they come up with weak proofs dat God na three.

Yes, God is One. No one said God is three.
Re: Is The Trinity Biblical? by Kei144(m): 8:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
Re. 1:4 John, To the seven churches in the province of Asia: Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits [Or the sevenfold Spirit] before his throne,
Re. 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood,
Re. 1:6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father — to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

Ro. 8:19 The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed.

1Jn. 3:1 How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
1Jn. 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, [Or when it is made known] we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

Jesus Christ is the firstborn from the dead; the first Son of God. Because of His work of redemption, many other sons of God will also be born from the dead--dead in sin. If there is trinity now, just because only one Son of God has been born from the dead, what terminology will you use when the sons of God described in Rev 6:9 join?

Look at 1 Jn 3:1 well enough. When John wrote this epistle, the believers knew who Jesus Christ is well enough, but the world did not know Him. Today, neither the Christians nor the world knows Jesus well enough. That is why believers do not even know that at the time of the rapture, they will be exactly like Jesus--sons of God.

1Pe. 2:4 As you come to him, the living Stone — rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him —
1Pe. 2:5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Christians are yet to understand the concept of "Christ". Christ is a house or body in which God lives. Jesus started as that house (Jn 2:18-21). But He was just a grain of Wheat that later fell to the ground, died and produced many seeds (Jn 12:24). Today, the house or body of God is built of many stones, with Jesus being the chief cornerstone. He is one with us; we are priests and He is the High Priest. We are kings and He is the king of kings. By the way, it is not the all of God that dwells in this house; it is just His arm--the Holy Spirit. There are no three persons that make up God. God is one. An arm of His is the Holy Spirit. That arm dwells in a group or body of human beings, who are sons of God.

He. 2:10 In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering.
He. 2:11 Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers.
He. 2:12 He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers; in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises.” [Psalm 22:22]
He. 2:13 And again, “I will put my trust in him.” [Isaiah 8:17] And again he says, “Here am I, and the children God has given me.” [Isaiah 8:18]

Some people posted in another thread that there will be no end-time revival, but end-time delusion. The reality is that God could never admit ignorant and sinful Christians into heaven (see Mt 22:11-13). The Church will actually go through a process that will make her suitable for rapture to heaven. That is why Christians will pass through the first 3½ years of the end-time tribulation. During those hard years, many will fall away from the faith, because the faith will no longer be the kind of nonsense that exists today. Among those that remain in the faith, some will grow in the Spirit and be transformed to immortality just before the rapture takes place--the wise virgins; the foolish virgins will not grow enough to transform to immortality before the trumpet sounds, so they miss the rapture.
Re: Is The Trinity Biblical? by Nobody: 6:06am On Dec 05, 2013
yes it's Biblical read The book of the creation of man Genesis....
Re: Is The Trinity Biblical? by Emusan(m): 6:57am On Dec 05, 2013
After all, we have been,

Chosen by the Father (Ephesians 1:3-5),

Purchased by the Son (Revelation 5:9),

Sealed by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 4:30),

Blessed God, Three in One.

We say;

Amen, come Lord Jesus!

1 Like

Re: Is The Trinity Biblical? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:03am On Dec 05, 2013
youngprofdguru:

yes it's Biblical read The book of the creation of man Genesis....

What does the book of the creation of man say?
Re: Is The Trinity Biblical? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:57am On Dec 05, 2013
Emusan:

After all, we have been,

We say;

Amen, come Lord Jesus!

Amen. Maranatha!
Re: Is The Trinity Biblical? by okeyxyz(m): 1:25pm On Dec 05, 2013
Surely there is a trinity(Three entities in the Godhead) and they are numerously referenced everywhere in the new testament, but I give you one to chew:

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19),

How do the anti-trinitarians argue that this does not refer to three entities of the Godhead??
Re: Is The Trinity Biblical? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 05, 2013
Emusan: After all, we have been,

We say;

Amen, come Lord Jesus!
I love this cheesy
Re: Is The Trinity Biblical? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:53pm On Dec 10, 2013
okeyxyz:

Surely there is a trinity(Three entities in the Godhead) and they are numerously referenced everywhere in the new testament, but I give you one to chew:

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19),

How do the anti-trinitarians argue that this does not refer to three entities of the Godhead??

That verse is clear as daylight.

(1) (Reply)

Disgraced Priest To Wed Pope Adviser's Daughter / Boasting From The Pulpit. / Will The Boko Guys Also Take Part In This Fasting Period??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.