Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,352 members, 7,923,441 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 06:45 AM

Whose Righteousness? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Whose Righteousness? (402 Views)

12 Signs Of Self-righteousness And Pharisee-ism Among Christians Today / How Do We Seek The Kingdom Of God? Let's See - Joseph Prince / The Doctrine Of Imputed Righteousness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whose Righteousness? by fredx4(m): 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
We were saved by grace through faith. We were saved by faith in the Son of God and not by our works of righteousness. Few christians have problem with this. Buh when you now mention something like Eternal salvation it looks like an erroneous doctrine. The keeping of the law couldn't save the isrealites and neither could it save us when we were sinners, we had to rely on the righteousness of Jesus Christ to get saved, why is it that now that we are saved we feel its our works of the law that will take us to heaven. It pains my heart that christians who are saved by grace believe the best way to get their salvation perfected is by fulfilling the works of the law. The law was never meant for christians it was given to the jews and even the jews couldn't gain God's approval by fulfilling the law, so what makes christians think they can. Let's all accept the righteousness of Jesus Christ and stop trying to gain God's acceptance by fulfilment of the law. God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Whose Righteousness? by Goshen360(m): 4:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
I love Christ righteousness FOR ME, to make me righteous before God instead of judgments for my sins. Glory be to God

1 Like

Re: Whose Righteousness? by Kei144(m): 9:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
Problem is, people do not understand the meaning of grace. Let me give an illustration. The fastest human long distance runner can do 42 km in more than two hours. But you need to move a distance of 80 km along a good road in a period of 1 hour. You are not even a distance runner and even if you were, you cannot cover 80 km in one hour. So, if you were to depend on your human ability, it is an impossibility. But then a rich man who loves you gives you a gift of a brand new car that can travel at a maximum speed of 260 km/h. Now you can easily cover the 80 km road distance in one hour. However, the fact that a brand new car has been given to you does not mean that you just enter the car and it simply carries you to where you are going. You must learn how to drive that car and actually drive and control it until you reach your destination.

Ph. 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed — not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence — continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,
Ph. 2:13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

The grace of God is all about God's gift of the Holy Spirit to those who are baptized into Christ. The Spirit is just like the brand new car in the illustration above. Even though you receive the Holy Spirit, you still have to learn how to put the Spirit to use. The Spirit can do everything for you. He can make you perfect--sinless. He can abolish both sickness and death in your body. He can supply all your needs. But you are the one that must operate the Spirit. He takes you to as far as you operate Him.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, Friday December 13th 2013 / Catholics: Are You Convinced That The Holy Communion Is Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.