Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,944 members, 7,883,294 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 08:24 AM

Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers (1550 Views)

Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / President Buhari,osinbajo Visited Council Chambers Today / Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by ChinoElects1: 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
I was in Abuja today for a workshop holding at the National Assembly. While waiting with some friends at the huge Lobby of the National Assembly I sighted Chris Ngige walking into the Senate Chambers.

My question is: by the virtue of the fact that Ngige vied for another election outside the National Assembly was he not supposed to resign before doing so?

I think the constitution should be applied to effectively recall Ngige from the Senate or he should go for a rerun.
Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 04, 2013
Go and read what the constitution stipulates....

The Senators are the most favored group in any democracy....

Section 68 (1) is very clear on the conditions under which a member can vacate his seat.

68. (1) A member of the Senate or of the House of Representatives shall vacate his seat in the House of which he is a member if -

(a) he becomes a member of another legislative house.

(b) any other circumstances arise that, if he were not a member of the Senate or the House of Representatives, would cause him to be disqualified for election as a member;

(c) he ceases to be a citizen of Nigeria;

(d) he becomes President, Vice-President, Governor, Deputy Governor or a Minister of the Government of the Federation or a Commissioner of the Government of a State or a Special Adviser.

(e) save as otherwise prescribed by this Constitution, he becomes a member of a commission or other body established by this Constitution or by any other law.

(f) without just cause he is absent from meetings of the House of which he is a member for a period amounting in the aggregate to more than one-third of the total number of days during which the House meets in any one year;

(g) being a person whose election to the House was sponsored by a political party, he becomes a member of another political party before the expiration of the period for which that House was elected;

Provided that his membership of the latter political party is not as a result of a division in the political party of which he was previously a member or of a merger of two or more political parties or factions by one of which he was previously sponsored; or

(h) the President of the Senate or, as the case may be, the Speaker of the House of Representatives receives a certificate under the hand of the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission stating that the provisions of section 69 of this Constitution have been complied with in respect of the recall of that member.

So Chino ....under which condition are you advising Ngige should vacate his seat? undecided undecided
Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by FreeGlobe(f): 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
Chino.Elects:
I was in Abuja today for a workshop holding at the National Assembly. While waiting with some friends at the huge Lobby of the National Assembly I sighted Chris Ngige walking into the Senate Chambers.

My question is: by the virtue of the fact that Ngige vied for another election outside the National Assembly was he not supposed to resign before doing so?

I think the constitution should be applied to effectively recall Ngige from the Senate or he should go for a rerun.
The way Peter Obi resigned before going for a second term. yeah right
Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by JulianBond007: 3:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
Chino,you saw him walking towards the Senate Chambers and you didn't throw insults at him the way you have been doing it on this forum? You must have been scared seeing him physically. This is to show you that you're not only a shameless coward, but a loud mouthed noise maker. angry

8 Likes

Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by homesteady(m): 3:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
JulianBond007: Chino,you saw him walking towards the Senate Chambers and you didn't throw insults at him the way you have been doing it on this forum? You must have been scared seeing him physically. This is to show you that you're not only a shameless coward, but a loud mouthed noise maker. angry
Did you expect him to just walk up to ngige and start insulting him? undecided grin
Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by Olaolufred(m): 3:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
Chino.Elects:

THE SAME CONSTITUTION THAT COMPELLED JONAH TO RESIGN BEFORE CONTESTING FOR 2011 ELECTION?
THESE PEOPLE ARE INSINCERE EVEN TO THEIR OWN SELF. O GA O.
Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by JulianBond007: 3:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
homesteady:
Did you expect him to just walk up to ngige and start insulting him? undecided grin
Yes I expected him to do that when you compare it to the level of hatred he has on Ngige on this forum. I expected him to take that hatred towards him physically since he had the golden chance of seeing him. Now I know we have so many internet warriors who are toothless bulldogs in real life.

1 Like

Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by BabaEleko(m): 3:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
I dey cum tomorw
Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by 4Wilywily: 4:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
I pity Ngige,
Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by homesteady(m): 4:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
JulianBond007: Yes I expected him to do that when you compare it to the level of hatred he has on Ngige on this forum. I expected him to take that hatred towards him physically since he had the golden chance of seeing him. Now I know we have so many internet warriors who are toothless bulldogs in real life.
They are all toothless bulldogs grin
Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by abubaka101: 4:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
ilugunboy: Go and read what the constitution stipulates....

The Senators are the most favored group in any democracy....

Section 68 (1) is very clear on the conditions under which a member can vacate his seat.

So Chino ....under which condition are you advising Ngige should vacate his seat? undecided undecided
u hav said it all, I dont see any reason why this thread should now be derailing?
Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by themaskedman: 4:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
JulianBond007: Yes I expected him to do that when you compare it to the level of hatred he has on Ngige on this forum. I expected him to take that hatred towards him physically since he had the golden chance of seeing him. Now I know we have so many internet warriors who are toothless bulldogs in real life.
We also know how people like u and demdem slowpoke curse, insult, abuse and call Jonathan names, can u even look Jonathan in the face talk more of hauling insults at him lke u do with passion here?

4 Likes

Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by Zonacom(m): 4:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ilugunboy, me thinks that constitution needs to be amended. Come to think of it, ngige's absence at the chambers denied anambra central, senatorial representation for a quite a long while. So if ngige had won, electorates in anambra central will be subjected to another rigorous voting excercise. IMO, serving senators should'nt contest for another elective office while their current tenure is still far from finished
Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
Zona.com:
Ilugunboy, me thinks that constitution needs to be amended. Come to think of it, ngige's absence at the chambers denied anambra central, senatorial representation for a quite a long while. So if ngige had won, electorates in anambra central will be subjected to another rigorous voting excercise. IMO, serving senators should'nt contest for another elective office while their current tenure is still far from finished

You have a valid point, but will the "Sinators" enact such law which tantamount to their self-induced political suicide ? Hell to the No!!! And lest I forget, do you think "Sinators" are bound by 2 terms ? Hell to the No!!!! You can remain in Senate for a lifetime as far as your constituency keeps returning you. If I am lying, ask David Mark.
Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by Zonacom(m): 5:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
Billyonaire:

You have a valid point, but will the "Sinators" enact such law which tantamount to their self-induced political suicide ? Hell to the No!!! And lest I forget, do you think "Sinators" are bound by 2 terms ? Hell to the No!!!! You can remain in Senate for a lifetime as far as your constituency keeps returning you. If I am lying, ask David Mark.
Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by donphilopus: 5:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
Pls before you spew trash, try and confirm from a plausible fellow! When the controversial governor of Bayelsa State, Henry Seriaki Dickson was contesting for the Governorship seat of Bayelsa state, was he not in the House of Reps then?? Did he resign?? Did you (Chino) complain??
Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by Zonacom(m): 6:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
Billyonaire:

And the irony is that their long stay in the senate house is of little or no benefit to their constituency. That of David Mark is even annoying. Whenever i pass through otukpo to the east, i keep wandering why his zone keep returning him to the house cos the state of the federal roads in that area is an eyesore.
Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by Joel3(m): 6:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
he should have resign and declared he seat vacate before running for the election. you see in Nigeria everything is possible
Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by olabukola: 6:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
donphilopus: Pls before you spew trash, try and confirm from a plausible fellow! When the controversial governor of Bayelsa State, Henry Seriaki Dickson was contesting for the Governorship seat of Bayelsa state, was he not in the House of Reps then?? Did he resign?? Did you (Chino) complain??
Chino did not complain rather he asked a question which illugunboy has answered. I have the same tot as chino but now I know better.
Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by gramci: 9:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
themaskedman:
We also know how people like u and demdem slowpoke curse, insult, abuse and call Jonathan names, can u even look Jonathan in the face talk more of hauling insults at him lke u do with passion here?

dem no get liver
Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by ChinoElects1: 10:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
I almost walked up to him at least to say good-morning sir, but on a second thought I changed my mind because I thought he was not in the right mood for mere pleasantries.
Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by Olugbenger(m): 10:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ngige would still emerge.

grin
Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by luvinhubby(m): 11:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
Chino.Elects:
I almost walked up to him at least to say good-morning sir, but on a second thought I changed my mind because I thought he was not in the right mood for mere pleasantries.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You for try na !
Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by luvinhubby(m): 11:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
Olugbenger: Ngige would still emerge.

grin
As the next Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland. cheesy grin
Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by Symphony007: 11:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
After plenary, i saw him moving out of the chamber with other senators. He was wearing a dark cap, a white native jumper and white trouser. He held a black cain in his hand. He looked rather sad!
Re: Ngige Sighted Inside The Senate Chambers by donphilopus: 11:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
Chino.Elects:
If I were you, I would have done that! The first thing I would have done is to throw the usual hailing! You'll go near him and say "my distinguished sir", after that you'd now do the needful! Na guy U B nau! We dey do am our senator wel wel nau!

(1) (Reply)

Is This Man Well? / South Korean Restaurant Institutes “no Africans Allowed” Policy 'cos Of Ebola / Nigerian's Trade Surplus Now At 20.3%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.