Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,529 members, 7,937,511 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 06:54 AM

FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port (3205 Views)

INEC Chiefs Got Diezani’s N23.3b For Poll / MTEF: FEC Approves N6tr Expenditure For 2016 / FG, Lagos Sign MOU On Lekki Deep Sea Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by taharqa: 8:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
plaindealer:

1. You mind showing us any documented fact stating the exact date this project was initiated and by who?

2. If this Ijaw man was responsible for awarding this contract, then why is he yet to award the contract for the 30 year old drawing board 2nd Niger bridge?

3. And why are they awarding contracts for everything in other parts of the country and not this 30 year old drawing board 2nd Niger bridge?

Is it not obvious that this has nothing to do with GEJ and more to do with the folks controlling and directing the Nations funds, their alliance and need to approve money for everything in their respective regionS?

The Ijaw man is powerless with zero influence and can not approve money for anything in his core base and area of support.

'Musings' of a very very DULL mind....

7 Likes

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by taharqa: 8:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ayekotoo:
This is a project conceived and initiated by Babatunde Fashola while the FG came in as the regulator before they(FG) later agreed to collaborate with the LASG to invest in it.

That is d LIE that Lagos State Govt/Fashola has been telling you sinceee, Bros... Now, you know d truth. Hopefully

6 Likes

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 04, 2013

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Nonsense! The details of the project was highlighted in the OP. It is a FG project being executed in partnership with Lagos State govt and private sector. Without the FG, the project is dead. This is why FEC (not Lagos State govt) had to approve award the contract for the project. FG also provided guarantee for the private investor involved in the project. There is no room for cheap lies and propaganda here. FG is also working on the Ibaka deep sea port and that too will soon be awarded.
I see the FG just did its own part of the arrangement, thumbs up for GEJ. Your second post is where most pple have a grouse with. I didn't say anything because you used the word COMMENCED not INITIATED. thanks for the info.
Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: When this port is completed, it will be the first deep sea port built since independence. This same president that a certain people hate so much has now effectively commenced a project that has been in the pipeline for decades

Are you serious? This project was initiated by the Lagos State government under Fashola.
Your boss does not have a single initiative to his name. 99 percent of projects commissioned by him was initiated by previous administrations.
I wonder what he will leave for future presidents to commission.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by atlwireles: 8:49pm On Dec 04, 2013
APC boys una try. grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
Nice one. grin grin grin

Clueless GEJ should do more.
Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by taharqa: 8:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ayekotoo:
This is project designed by Lagos government. it has nothing to do with your FG. if you want your Abraka deep port to get done, hold your governments for the negligence. BTW stop claiming what doesn't belong to you. its intellectual theft!

Lol... 'it has nothing to do with d FG', yet you are on a thread reporting that d FG, tru FEC, just gave d Contract for d construction of d port; just as d FG's Equity share in d project is 20% whilst d LASG you are telling us 'owns' d Project wud contribute just 18.5% (this is apart from d Fact that d Loan that wud be mainly used to construct it is GUARANTEED by d FG)!!!.

I swear, sm of u Clowns think and then write with yr Intestines here on NL, instead of yr brains

8 Likes

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by plaindealer: 8:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
awodman:

FG even holds a higher equity in the project

Why are you going haywire over nothing? The FG made a decision to tag along and be part of the project so why off pata just because they are paying their part just like the Lagos state government and the private investors did?

Well, we thank God that Lagos state is getting a deep seaport which is another irremovable infrastructure

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by mike404(m): 9:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by taharqa: 9:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
Konmight: The seaport was designed by Lagos State Government under Fashola The Guru. God Bless Fashola The Genius, God Bless Lagos State Government, God Bless Yorubaland and God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria. When completed in the next four years, thousands of people shall be employed. Fashola is indeed a visionary leader. I just love our APC Southwest Governors, they are Brilliant and giving us the results. APC shall rule in Southwest till Jesus Comes. Eko O Ni Baje OOOO and Osun A Dara.
Madt man cheesy....

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by plaindealer: 9:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
taharqa: 'Musings' of a very very DULL mind....

The only dull mind here is yours because of your gross inability to articulate any sane and thoughtful response.

It's a discussion forum so feel free to log off if you have nothing better to discuss or if the discussion is above your mental capacity.
Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
taharqa: Lol... 'it has nothing to do with d FG', yet you are on a thread reporting that d FG, tru FEC, just gave d Contract for d construction of d port; just as d FG's Equity share in d project is 20% whilst d LASG you are telling us 'owns' d Project wud contribute just 18.5% (this is apart from d Fact that d Loan that wud be mainly used to construct it is GUARANTEED by d FG)!!!.... I swear, sm of u Clowns think and then write with yr Intestines here on NL, instead of with yr brains

This is just the nature of our Federalism, an example of how easy an inept FG can hold the rest of the country back.
This project reminds me of the power initiative under Tinubu which was frustrated by the FG under OBJ.
If the Lagos State has found a way to move forward despite a clueless FG, so be it.
The equity structure of the project does not take anything away from the overall goal.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
APC rats are here again with their lies and propaganda. They have claimed all sorts of things, including that the port was designed by Fashola or Lagos State Govt.

We know APC rats are senseless but for the sake of independent minded Nigerians, the Lekki deep sea port project has been on the drawing board for decades. In fact, former president, OBJ, gave anticipatory approval for the project in 2003. I guess Fashola was still pushing wheel barrow in the streets of Lagos or doing charge and bail lawyer in 2003.

Sincere 9gerian:

Messrs European Technologies Corporation Limited in 2003, was under President Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration granted a presidential approval to develop a deep sea port at Lekki through Public Private Participation (PPP) with the Federal Government (NPA) owning 20%; Lagos state where the port is located 20%; and the private investor/manager 60%.

http://www.insiderweeklymagazine.com/ed183.php
http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/2013/12/04/fec-approves-1-3bn200b-for-construction-of-lekki-deep-sea-port/

7 Likes

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by taharqa: 9:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ayekotoo:
shut it! without the FG, the project won't be dead but will take longer time to complete because LASG can't borrow from world bank without the FG endorsement just like the badagry road and the light rail.
lol... DULL people. You keep shooting yrselves on d feet. OLODOs cheesy

4 Likes

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 04, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: APC rats are here again with their lies and propaganda. They have claimed all sorts of things, including that the port was designed by Fashola or Lagos State Govt.

We know APC rats are senseless but for the sake of independent minded Nigerians, the Lekki deep sea port project has been on the drawing board for decades. In fact, former president, OBJ, gave anticipatory approval for the project in 2003. I guess Fashola was still pushing wheel barrow in the streets of Lagos or doing charge and bail lawyer in 2003.

It is part of the Lekki Free Trade Zone project. Now you have to steal achievements for your boss because he has none. How pathetic.
Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by fkaz(m): 9:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Messrs European Technologies Corporation Limited in 2003, was under President Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration granted a presidential approval to develop a deep sea port at Lekki through Public Private Participation (PPP) with the Federal Government (NPA) owning 20%; Lagos state where the port is located 20%; and the private investor/manager 60%.

http://www.insiderweeklymagazine.com/ed183.php
http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/2013/12/04/fec-approves-1-3bn200b-for-construction-of-lekki-deep-sea-port/

http://www.lekkiport.com
Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 04, 2013
We know corrupt GEJ is bereft of good innovative ideas. We have no problem with that at least till 2015.

It doesn't take much to approve money, you just sign a piece of paper afterall it's not his money.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by Ayekotoo(m): 9:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
taharqa: That is d LIE that Lagos State Govt/Fashola has been telling you sinceee, Bros... Now, you know d truth. Hopefully
which lie? it was initiated by LASG with signatures of private investor and FG in the MOU. infact, Fashola wooed the investor to buy in the project. Get your facts!
Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by taharqa: 9:17pm On Dec 04, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: APC rats are here again with their lies and propaganda. They have claimed all sorts of things, including that the port was designed by Fashola or Lagos State Govt.

Bwahahahahahahaha... This is what we call: 'technical dead knockout'. Orishirishi. This was d questn I just wanted to ask d Clowns too.... Biko, @sincere9jerian Nwannem, I salute your Intellectual Sagacity (not that you need much of it sha cos yr 'opponents' here are innately DULL people). More 'grease' to yr elbow, as you continue in this yr SACRED duty to continue to make a FOOOL of NL's Resident Clowns. Amin cheesy....

9 Likes

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 04, 2013
Aigbofa:

It is part of the Lekki Free Trade Zone project. Now you have to steal achievements for your boss because he has none. How pathetic.
What "achievement"? For a project that has not even taken off the ground? Tinubu rats displaying new strains of FOOLISHNESS.

4 Likes

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
What "achievement"? For a project that has not even taken off the ground? Tinubu rats displaying new strains of FOOLISHNESS.

All great achievements start as an idea. Your boss does not have any.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by taharqa: 9:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
plaindealer:

The only dull mind here is yours because of your gross inability to articulate any sane and thoughtful response.

It's a discussion forum so feel free to log off if you have nothing better to discuss or if the discussion is above your mental capacity.

Sharrap!!, my frnd...

4 Likes

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
taharqa: Bwahahahahahahaha... This is what we call: 'technical dead knockout'. Orishirishi. This was d questn I just wanted to ask d Clowns too.... Biko, @sincere9jerian Nwannem, I salute your Intellectual Sagacity (not that you need much of it sha cos yr 'opponents' here are innately DULL people). More 'grease' to yr elbow, as you continue in this yr SACRED duty to continue to make a FOOOL of NL's Resident Clowns. Amin cheesy....

When people run out intelligent things to say, they resort to clownish rants like yours.
Who could be more dull than your paymaster?

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 04, 2013

I actually dont know whether your associates are Imbe.s BUT one thing I'm assured of is a fact that even an Imbe. can discern well that ANYTHING called a project is a mere waste of time & deceit in the eyes of the beholders in a state where allocations were withheld to punish the welfare of its people. !

.....If such were commisioned amidst in the face of allocation withdrawal, pls tell me:

Were the funds made available from FG or Sincere9gerian's invisible & corrupt coffers? grin grin

Pls Reply ooo. !!
Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by plaindealer: 9:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
taharqa: Sharrap!!, my frnd...

Limited vocabulary means lack of knowledge or any kind ability to hold any form of conversation...

Sucks to be you...

4 Likes

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
taharqa: Bwahahahahahahaha... This is what we call: 'technical dead knockout'. Orishirishi. This was d questn I just wanted to ask d Clowns too.... Biko, @sincere9jerian Nwannem, I salute your Intellectual Sagacity (not that you need much of it sha cos yr 'opponents' here are innately DULL people). More 'grease' to yr elbow, as you continue in this yr SACRED duty to continue to make a FOOOL of NL's Resident Clowns. Amin cheesy....
Thank you jare. Tinubu rats are lower animals with zero cerebral content. Maybe they inherited or were infected with foolishness from their master, Tinubu. Like master, like slave. Little wonder the followership of APC on NL has continued to dwindle by the day. Sensible people will always abhor foolishness.

10 Likes

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by plaindealer: 9:39pm On Dec 04, 2013

FG money is everybody's money so why should we be overjoyed because they are spending our money on us? Is it not ours?

You are yet to tell us why they are not spending the same money on the 30 year old drawing board 2nd Niger bridge? 2003 is shorter than 1984 abi no be so?

lol. You people no get shame at all....

4 Likes

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Thank you jare. Tinubu rats are lower animals with zero cerebral content. Maybe they inherited or were infected with foolishness from their master, Tinubu. Like master, like slave. Little wonder the followership of APC on NL has continued to dwindle by the day. Sensible people will always abhor foolishness.

We can agree on your last sentence. I am open to changing my view of your boss if you can name five projects initiated by his administration.

4 Likes

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by talktimi(m): 9:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
plaindealer:

The question is, when are we going to commend the FEC for awarding contract for the 2nd Niger bridge?
this thread is not about 2nd niger bridge. When we reach that thread we go cross am. Apparently right now the relevant se politicians arent ready to push that matter forward

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by talktimi(m): 9:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
plaindealer:

The question is, when are we going to commend the FEC for awarding contract for the 2nd Niger bridge?
Re: FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 04, 2013
Prof Corruption: We know corrupt GEJ is bereft of good innovative ideas. We have no problem with that at least till 2015.

It doesn't take much to approve money, you just sign a piece of paper afterall it's not his money.

Prof of confusion..,since it doesn't take much to approve money, why hasn't your master and Fashola approved the money for construction of the long awaited 4th Mainland Bridge? Why hasn't the money for Lekki Airport been approved? Your hatred for GEJ is driving you crazy.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Latest News, Plane Crashes Into Market! / How Time Flies: Our SE/SS Peeps Now Defend Alimodu Sherrif / Pictures Of Biafran Leaders In A Closed Door Meeting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.