Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,548 members, 7,934,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 11:21 AM

My Friend Says She's Depressed And Thinking Of Death - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Friend Says She's Depressed And Thinking Of Death (1033 Views)

When She Says She Has Not Seen Her Period (photo) / My Friend Says She Is Pregnant For Me But I'm Not Ready / My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Says She's Depressed And Thinking Of Death by ekoson95(m): 10:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
There's dis girl dat I so much like - we weren't dating but we are gud friends. After sometimes we had a querrel and later reconciled, but we don't gist much like before. Then yesterday she told me how she felt, she tinks everybody hates her, nobody wants to talk to her, and worst, dat she is feeling insecure, lonely, depressed and thinking of death. Could it be dat she's losing meaning in her life and is thinking about suicide? I know I have to do something fast, so please I need ur advice, what should I do? I don't want her to hurt herself. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Friend Says She's Depressed And Thinking Of Death by KenJak(m): 10:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
Go and marry her and bring her home one time.
Re: My Friend Says She's Depressed And Thinking Of Death by dmcdad: 2:29am On Dec 05, 2013
Just offer her the opposites of what you thin she lacked.... Make her feel secure, keep her company and make her feel wanted and good of herself... Just be there for her, it could be what she needs the most....
Re: My Friend Says She's Depressed And Thinking Of Death by lipsyliscious: 2:41am On Dec 05, 2013
dmcdad: Just offer her the opposites of what you thin she lacked.... Make her feel secure, keep her company and make her feel wanted and good of herself... Just be there for her, it could be what she needs the most....
dats gud advice! Depression is terrible. Many pple don't understand it until u probably fall in2 such a phase. Help her concentrate on d positive tinz in her life n nt d negatives. Tell her dat if disabled beggars cn stay under d hot sun everyday begging to survive, den who is she to take away d precious life she has wen she's even able bodied. Taking pple 2 d hospital to c suffering patients whose illnesses cannot b diagnosed sometimes brings pple bk 2 reality n helps dem realise wat deir life is worth. Depression is terrible n at dis point she needs all d love possible. Tell her how beautiful she is, weda u believe or not, she will start to c it herself. U cn also find out d oda causes of her depression thru a heart to heart talk. And as said earlier, just b dere 4 her. I wish her d best of luck! Suicide is never an option!
Re: My Friend Says She's Depressed And Thinking Of Death by IykeWest: 2:59am On Dec 05, 2013
Buy her a gun,she would really appreciate it. The gun is definitely gonna save her a lot of pain and time. People get depressed and sad,buh what's dah point of. owning a body if u can't control it,she should try listening to music,uhm going out and meeting dudes,meet old fwends and stuff and also she should try alcohol,its gonna make her feel happy. And that's what I do when I feel depressed and lonely,I try out mah charm on a random lady,nd see if she trips,go out wid mah lil bro in mah mums car,just wake up,dress up and do stuffs I shuldnt be doing,buh like doing. Works all the time,thank me lerra
Re: My Friend Says She's Depressed And Thinking Of Death by fredx4(m): 4:15am On Dec 05, 2013
Chronicle depression is a mental illness which am suspecting is what she has. There are drugs for it they are generally called anti-deppressant drugs, social and family support can also help or psychotherapy. Buh one sure way is for her to move closer to Jesus, I've seen this work for a lot of people. She thinks her life is worthless and good for nothing, buh when she moves close to God she'll realise the purpose for her existence.
Re: My Friend Says She's Depressed And Thinking Of Death by dmcdad: 8:10am On Dec 05, 2013
IykeWest: Buy her a gun,she would really appreciate it. The gun is definitely gonna save her a lot of pain and time. People get depressed and sad,buh what's dah point of. owning a body if u can't control it,she should try listening to music,uhm going out and meeting dudes,meet old fwends and stuff and also she should try alcohol,its gonna make her feel happy. And that's what I do when I feel depressed and lonely,I try out mah charm on a random lady,nd see if she trips,go out wid mah lil bro in mah mums car,just wake up,dress up and do stuffs I shuldnt be doing,buh like doing. Works all the time,thank me lerra
But what's with the gun?
Re: My Friend Says She's Depressed And Thinking Of Death by dmcdad: 8:10am On Dec 05, 2013
lipsyliscious: dats gud advice! Depression is terrible. Many pple don't understand it until u probably fall in2 such a phase. Help her concentrate on d positive tinz in her life n nt d negatives. Tell her dat if disabled beggars cn stay under d hot sun everyday begging to survive, den who is she to take away d precious life she has wen she's even able bodied. Taking pple 2 d hospital to c suffering patients whose illnesses cannot b diagnosed sometimes brings pple bk 2 reality n helps dem realise wat deir life is worth. Depression is terrible n at dis point she needs all d love possible. Tell her how beautiful she is, weda u believe or not, she will start to c it herself. U cn also find out d oda causes of her depression thru a heart to heart talk. And as said earlier, just b dere 4 her. I wish her d best of luck! Suicide is never an option!
Nice...
Re: My Friend Says She's Depressed And Thinking Of Death by dmcdad: 8:11am On Dec 05, 2013
fredx4: Chronicle depression is a mental illness which am suspecting is what she has. There are drugs for it they are generally called anti-deppressant drugs, social and family support can also help or psychotherapy. Buh one sure way is for her to move closer to Jesus, I've seen this work for a lot of people. She thinks her life is worthless and good for nothing, buh when she moves close to God she'll realise the purpose for her existence.
Nice one...
Re: My Friend Says She's Depressed And Thinking Of Death by IykeWest: 6:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
grin
dmcdad:
But what's with the gun?

Just in case she needs to kill herself
Re: My Friend Says She's Depressed And Thinking Of Death by baralatie(m): 7:14pm On Dec 05, 2013
fredx4: Chronicle depression is a mental illness which am suspecting is what she has. There are drugs for it they are generally called anti-deppressant drugs, social and family support can also help or psychotherapy. Buh one sure way is for her to move closer to Jesus, I've seen this work for a lot of people. She thinks her life is worthless and good for nothing, buh when she moves close to God she'll realise the purpose for her existence.
hear me wel!under no condition should u administer/take drugs for some1 in depression witout a written medical advice 4rm a trained doctor(psychiarist)
Re: My Friend Says She's Depressed And Thinking Of Death by Chubhie: 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2013
dmcdad: Just offer her the opposites of what you thin she lacked.... Make her feel secure, keep her company and make her feel wanted and good of herself... Just be there for her, it could be what she needs the most....
Nice advice you got there. But,OP should be wary of this kinda situation cos it is a dangerous game if not handled with wisdom. He may end up getting drained. And too involved and probably getting hurt when the lady must have gotten through with this phase. Bottom line is that the OP should protect himself or refer her to a professional. Have been there before.
Re: My Friend Says She's Depressed And Thinking Of Death by Godmouth(m): 7:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
ekoson95: There's dis girl dat I so much like - we weren't dating but we are gud friends. After sometimes we had a querrel and later reconciled, but we don't gist much like before. Then yesterday she told me how she felt, she tinks everybody hates her, nobody wants to talk to her, and worst, dat she is feeling insecure, lonely, depressed and thinking of death. Could it be dat she's losing meaning in her life and is thinking about suicide? I know I have to do something fast, so please I need ur advice, what should I do? I don't want her to hurt herself. Thanks

You need to be there for her (as a friend) make her see the bright side of life. Get a 'few' people whom you trust: someone spiritually mature (femaleS ideally) involved to counsel her in order for her to recover her self-worth. Above all pray for her..
Re: My Friend Says She's Depressed And Thinking Of Death by ekoson95(m): 9:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
when i asked today if the thought of suicide ever crossed her mind, she said many times and even attemptd it but failed
Re: My Friend Says She's Depressed And Thinking Of Death by baralatie(m): 10:22pm On Dec 05, 2013
ekoson95: when i asked today if the thought of suicide ever crossed her mind, she said many times and even attemptd it but failed
look!this is what i can tel sometin that worked.convince her to come with her parents to yaba psychariat ,yaba.she wil treated as an out patient and she wil given the best of care!ok
Re: My Friend Says She's Depressed And Thinking Of Death by baralatie(m): 10:24pm On Dec 05, 2013
ekoson95: when i asked today if the thought of suicide ever crossed her mind, she said many times and even attemptd it but failed
look!this is what i can tel sometin that worked.convince her to come with her parents to yaba psychariat ,yaba.she wil treated as an out patient and she wil given the best of care!ok
u can ask for dr emmanuel explain urself and he wil take it from there!
Re: My Friend Says She's Depressed And Thinking Of Death by Smuthx(m): 10:24pm On Dec 05, 2013
Is she on whatsapp? if yes, give her no to your close friends that you know can chat her up. When she sees that people cheer her up. it can help
Re: My Friend Says She's Depressed And Thinking Of Death by seangy4konji: 4:14am On Dec 06, 2013
has she dieded?
Re: My Friend Says She's Depressed And Thinking Of Death by ekoson95(m): 8:27am On Dec 06, 2013
seangy4konji: has she dieded?

Of course not, i dont want her to die

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Many Guys So Weak In Taking Right Decision Whenever They See A Woman? / How To Really Say When A Guy Is Dieing For You - Ladies / 9 Interesting Confusions!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.