Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,286 members, 7,923,334 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 11:59 PM

Why I Wed Secretly - 9ice - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Wed Secretly - 9ice (2513 Views)

2face Idibia And Annie Macaulay Wed Secretly / Annie And 2face Wed Secretly Yesterday (photos) / Annie And 2face Wed Secretly Yesterday (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Wed Secretly - 9ice by AmakaOne(f): 5:42pm On Jul 25, 2008
R AVE singer 9ice will be on stage performing for the second time in London tonight. There?s no honeymoon yet for the 28 year-old hit-maker who tied the knots with his lover Toni Payne last week.

And as the quiet wedding continues to set more tongues wagging, he has opened up exclusively to E-Punch on why he opted for a low-key wedding.

In a brief interview, a day before he left for London, 9ice told us: ?You know I?m at a very busy period in my career. I really can?t afford to take time off work now.

Having a very big wedding would have taken a lot of time to plan. But we have engagements. So I thought it wise to just have very close friends and family members.

It wasn?t a secret wedding per se. Just that we wanted it quietly. It would have been my wish to have more people. Even my fans. But it just didn?t work out like that.?

And, reacting to notions that he may be too young, and not yet ripe for marriage, he said, ?Most young people don?t want to get married. They believe once you?re married, you?re tied down, you can?t eat out, you can?t do a lot of things. It?s a lie.

Everything is still the same. On the contrary, what marriage does is that it makes you more responsible. You are more respected, and as an artiste, more corporate bodies will like to associate with you?.

9ice?s wedding to Toni Payne, on Thursday, July 17, caught many unaware.

As early as 9:30 am, the couple had exchanged vows, surrounded by less than a dozen friends and family members. But the engagement, which held later same day at the bride?s Surulere, Lagos home, attracted more guests, including D?Banj, Don Jazzy and Jah Bless.

The singer?s wife is reportedly already carrying their first baby.

Courtesy of Punch News ( E-punch)

Re: Why I Wed Secretly - 9ice by busygirl(f): 5:45pm On Jul 25, 2008
that pic is very beautiful, me like cheesy cheesy cheesy. All the same I wish them a happy married life. . . .
Re: Why I Wed Secretly - 9ice by jaquan(m): 7:34pm On Jul 25, 2008
who gives a rat ass.
Re: Why I Wed Secretly - 9ice by Shaz(f): 9:09pm On Jul 25, 2008
You do, otherwise you won't have opened the thread to start with
Re: Why I Wed Secretly - 9ice by Shaz(f): 9:09pm On Jul 25, 2008
Re: Why I Wed Secretly - 9ice by meggy11: 9:42pm On Jul 25, 2008
Shaz:

thanks shaz
Re: Why I Wed Secretly - 9ice by ikamefa(f): 9:48pm On Jul 25, 2008
i wish them the best cheesy

nice pix
Re: Why I Wed Secretly - 9ice by keney(f): 7:51am On Jul 26, 2008
wow toni payne is looking very beautifil in the pic, didnt know she that fine, very ggod for 9nice, i wish them the best in life, smiley
Re: Why I Wed Secretly - 9ice by cruworld(m): 4:42pm On Jul 26, 2008
abeg ooooo king cannot be two in the palace this girl pussy is for only 9ice no one else again
Re: Why I Wed Secretly - 9ice by tosinadeda: 7:37pm On Jul 26, 2008
cruworld:

abeg ooooo king cannot be two in the palace this girl pussy is for only 9ice no one else again

hey kids are also on nairaland
Re: Why I Wed Secretly - 9ice by nana(f): 6:00pm On Jul 27, 2008
tosinadeda:

buhahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why I Wed Secretly - 9ice by Gonorrhea(m): 10:58am On Jul 28, 2008
tosinadeda:

grin
Re: Why I Wed Secretly - 9ice by ThugLife1(m): 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2008
tosinadeda:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why I Wed Secretly - 9ice by Marryanne(f): 4:08pm On Jul 28, 2008
Nice pics,

I hope 9ice will keep his eye off fine girls outside because God has giving him a gift already i pray he does'nt follow the foot step of his mentors/role model you should understand what i m trying to say.I hope he will not impregnate 10 girls at the same time.Lets just fold our hands and watch him he is our new specimen,besides its his turn.We will see if he is CREDIBLE,REMARKABLE,AMBIT ABLE,PALATABLE AND RELIABLE,
Re: Why I Wed Secretly - 9ice by kmoto: 11:10am On Jul 29, 2008
wish them a blissful married life.abeg hw old be d wife
Re: Why I Wed Secretly - 9ice by nana(f): 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2008
Marryanne:

Nice pics,

I hope 9ice will keep his eye off fine girls outside because God has giving him a gift already i pray he does'nt follow the foot step of his mentors/role model you should understand what i m trying to say.I hope he will not impregnate 10 girls at the same time.Lets just fold our hands and watch him he is our new specimen,besides its his turn.We will see if he is CREDIBLE,REMARKABLE,AMBIT ABLE,PALATABLE AND RELIABLE,
Nothing do u o. Keep on hoping. grin
Re: Why I Wed Secretly - 9ice by royalyinx(m): 2:31am On Aug 04, 2008
Yea sure, nOT ALL OF US CAN BE SESIBLE YOU KNOW ,
Re: Why I Wed Secretly - 9ice by snazzydawn(f): 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2010
And the marriage ended.
Re: Why I Wed Secretly - 9ice by mystikal(m): 8:21am On Oct 17, 2010
gbam!

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Patience Jonathan Like You’ve Never Seen Her Before! Gorgeous / Beyonce Takes Blue Ivy Out For A Walk In Their Tribeca Neighborhood In New York City / When I Was Younger, I Wasn't Aware I Was Blind - Cobhams Asuquo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.