Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,307 members, 7,967,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 07:05 AM

Pls What Causes Overheating In Cars? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls What Causes Overheating In Cars? (707 Views)

What Causes Overheating And How Can It Be Totally Prevented / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively / Overheating In Rover 75 V6 2.5 Liter Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls What Causes Overheating In Cars? by juc81(m): 10:38am On Dec 05, 2013
I have a V6 Honda Accord 2001 model.It came with a single cell radiator which I later changed with double cell radiator.I thought that since the 2 fans are working perfectly I would not have issues with overheating, but surprisingly each time I am about 30mins into a journey, the car starts overheating. Its worse off if I engage the AC. Recently I emptied the radiator and poured in 2 cans of coolant, still the problem persists.

Friends, kindly advise me on what to do?

Tnx
Re: Pls What Causes Overheating In Cars? by Marpol: 11:52am On Dec 05, 2013
To avoid Naija mechanics killing off your car untimely, you have to start an elimination process.

1. You have changed your coolant and it is still overheating,
2. Check if you have coolant leakage
3. Check if you have air-pockets in your radiator
4. Wash your radiator. Steam wash oh
5. Check if your thermostat is working (if your mechanic has not tossed it out)

Keep trouble-shooting and you just might sort it out rather than your mechanic chopping you dry. Most of the time they are clueless about overheating issues.
Re: Pls What Causes Overheating In Cars? by juc81(m): 1:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
Thank u Marpol. The thermostat was removed on the ground that our weather is hot. I had also done steam wash recently.Pls what do you mean by air-pockets in radiator?Some1 said that my top gasket might be weak and needs replacement. What do you think about dat.

txn
Re: Pls What Causes Overheating In Cars? by Arteta99(m): 1:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
There are VArious causes of overheating in. VehiCles;
1. Check ur radiator pressure cap if its in good condition
2. Check for signs of coolant leakage on radiator hoses
3. Make sure ur thermostat is not Stucked closed as said earlier
4. Check ur coolant temp sensor if its sending d right signal to d ECU to Control d fan intermittently
5. Try a radiator flush
6. Check for blown head gasket
Re: Pls What Causes Overheating In Cars? by juc81(m): 5:17pm On Dec 05, 2013
Thanks a lot Arteta99. I will start implementing some of the suggestions and who knows, one of them might solve the problem. Please drop your advise in case they are different from what I have got so far.

Tnx

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Want To Buy Car Scanner. Pls Advice / No Fuel In Imo State Today Why / Between A 2007 Camry And A 2005 Highlander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.