Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,158 members, 7,887,364 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:37 AM

Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja (2673 Views)

Photos:Fire Guts Institute Of Human Virology Opposite NNPC Towers,Abuja / FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others / Security Men Foil Attack On Nnpc Towers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by FoxyFlow(m): 3:15pm On Dec 05, 2013
There was a loud explosion right now and we all ran outside, ....

Details coming shortly

Edited:

I was in the office doing some stuffs, okay, I was cutting names to paste on some envelopes which contains letters that are going out. I had finished cutting it and had even started pasting them when there was a loud explosion.

I needed nobody to tell me to sit still. Since I was in Kano when BH attacked, I know it is better sitting put and checking out the situation before venturing outside. This I did for some time. Now, I went downstairs and took the first two pictures from the safety of the office complex. I don't know if it was a bomb attack so I no wan just waka go kpai for nothing.

I ran back upstairs and started the topic immediately since I wanted information. I was restless as nobody was commenting. I just ran back down and proceeded to walk to the scene of the explosion. There, right in front of me was Conoil Petrol Station burning. It was really crazy as a large crowd had gathered. Men, My liver no allow me pass those tough looking military guys.

Men, na here I go stop o. I get the video and some gossips on how the whole thing carry start. Me just dey pray make people no too die.

Another thing, Fire Service take like 30 minutes before them come. Kai, NNPC just dey control the fire make e no enter their building.

Sorry guys, I did not use English here. I want everybody make them understand and moreover, I be tatafo journalist.....
Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by FoxyFlow(m): 3:18pm On Dec 05, 2013
Foxy_Flow: There was a loud explosion right now and we all ran outside, ....

Details coming shortly

Fire fighters are passing to the site right now. I will post pictures safely taken from my office. If you have any, please post. I will also try and reach the place.
Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by midpoint: 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2013
am very close to the place we understand its conoil that is burning and pipes exploded
Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by eluquenson(m): 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2013
Fear of the men in the dark mask, God will deliver us
Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by uzeba(m): 3:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
Stew?
Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by Richtalk: 3:38pm On Dec 05, 2013
Abeg it is not yet confirm if it is bomb blast, but at the moment, it is conoil fiiling station opposite NNPC towers that is on fire. And the loud blast heard is as a result of the underground tank exploding.

I also feel the Total feeling station next to conoil might also be on fire
Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by Thej(m): 3:40pm On Dec 05, 2013
Please is not bomb blast, it is conoil that is burning.
Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by FoxyFlow(m): 3:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
I am just coming back from the site of the explosion. Uhm, I can't type stuffs here, I will only post the pictures......

I pray the casualty (there must be) rate is low... Please God!!!
Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by honey001(m): 3:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
It was a petrol tanker discharging gasoline that got exploded at the Conoil gas station opposite the NNPC building in Abuja.
Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by FoxyFlow(m): 3:46pm On Dec 05, 2013
Richtalk: Abeg it is not yet confirm if it is bomb blast, but at the moment, it is conoil fiiling station opposite NNPC towers that is on fire. And the loud blast heard is as a result of the underground tank exploding.

I also feel the Total feeling station next to conoil might also be on fire

Total Petrol Station is alright.... I will post pictures
Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by solid3(m): 3:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
I can see smoke from Apo bridge here.
Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by s3nn2x(m): 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
Since you created this topic 4 minutes before I did. I guess this will get to the front page.

The explosion shook my office and everyone here assumed it was NNPC on fire.

Ambulances and Police vans have been passing through.

Nobody knows what is happening.

But everyone is praying that it is not BH

I still see thick black smoke

Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by FoxyFlow(m): 3:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
More pictures coming....

Please if you are there, you can post pictures....

I have a recorded video but the MB is too big and I don't know how to compress videos

Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by s3nn2x(m): 3:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
2 Ambulances from Abuja Clinics just passed
Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by FoxyFlow(m): 3:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
More picx

Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by FoxyFlow(m): 3:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
More

Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by FoxyFlow(m): 4:02pm On Dec 05, 2013
Ambulances and more fire fighters are trooping in....

Will post a full gist later

Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by FoxyFlow(m): 4:11pm On Dec 05, 2013
Foxy_Flow: There was a loud explosion right now and we all ran outside, ....

Details coming shortly

Edited:

I was in the office doing some stuffs, okay, I was cutting names to paste on some envelopes which contains letters that are going out. I had finished cutting it and had even started pasting them when there was a loud explosion.

I needed nobody to tell me to sit still. Since I was in Kano when BH attacked, I know it is better sitting put and checking out the situation before venturing outside. This I did for some time. Now, I went downstairs and took the first two pictures from the safety of the office complex. I don't know if it was a bomb attack so I no wan just waka go kpai for nothing.

I ran back upstairs and started the topic immediately since I wanted information. I was restless as nobody was commenting. I just ran back down and proceeded to walk to the scene of the explosion. There, right in front of me was Conoil Petrol Station burning. It was really crazy as a large crowd had gathered. Men, My liver no allow me pass those tough looking military guys.

Men, na here I go stop o. I get the video and some gossips on how the whole thing carry start. Me just dey pray make people no too die.

Another thing, Fire Service take like 30 minutes before them come. Kai, NNPC just dey control the fire make e no enter their building.

Sorry guys, I did not use English here. I want everybody make them understand and moreover, I be tatafo journalist.....
Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by Madawaki01(m): 4:13pm On Dec 05, 2013
Kai!!!
Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by donphilopus: 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2013
[size=30pt]BREAKING NEWS: Conoil Filling Station Abuja, Opposite NNPC Headquarters, On Fire[/size]

Fire officials are currently trying to put out the fire.

A filling station belonging to Conoil is currently burning in Abuja, the Nigerian capital.

Witnesses said the fire started at about 3:00 p.m.

The Conoil filling station is opposite the headquarters of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, in the Abuja Central Area District.

NNPC fire service officials and others are currently trying to put out the fire, whose cause is yet to be determined.

Details later…

DO YOU NEED THE SOURCE? IF YES, CLICK HERE

1 Like

Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 05, 2013
Please feed us more details,can't afford another evil plot again. may God help us.
Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by JulianBond007: 4:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
The thread hasn't made front page? See better news to put for front page, moderators dey slack.

Op, just put "Tonto Dike and Conoil explosion" as your headline, it will reach front page immediately! angry
Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by sammyyoung2(m): 4:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
boko boys
Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by FoxyFlow(m): 5:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
Yomieluv: Please feed us more details,can't afford another evil plot again. may God help us.

It is not a bomb attack. All I know is that the underground storage tank is on fire.
Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by Nikkie1(f): 5:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
Tastefully finished 6 nos 3bedroom flats for sale at Agungi Lekki, Lagos at 30million naira per flat. For further enquiries, call 07052090220.
Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by Idiataqueen(f): 9:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
Ummm wat a sad news
Re: Conoil Petrol Station Explodes opposite NNPC Towers in Abuja by ISMAIILI9999(m): 11:27am On Jan 19
Owner mate

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu / PDP Sharing Money At A Polling Station. *(pic)* / Photo Of Bokoharam Founder , Dokubo Asari And Orisajefor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.