Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,502 members, 7,908,404 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 04:48 AM

Questions About Nairaland Forum - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Questions About Nairaland Forum (644 Views)

Exclusive!: How Do You Come About Nairaland?. / How Do You Feel About Nairaland Mods? / Nairaland Forum Rules and Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions About Nairaland Forum by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 05, 2013
Please som of us who aren't Nairaland guru(s) wil like 2ask som questions abt Nairaland.

1). What does it mean 2b banned&What brings abt banning.I hear ppl lament abt bn banned til 2049&i'm lik Is dat 4real or somthng.
Re: Questions About Nairaland Forum by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 05, 2013
2). What does it mean 2hav followers?
Re: Questions About Nairaland Forum by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 06, 2013
When you are banned from a section, you can no longer comment or participate in that section until your stipulated ban has expired. Banning results from failing to adhere to the rules of Nairaland.

Banning till 2049 means that such persons are die hard trouble making nuisances who would never change no matter the amount of short bans you dole out to them or, they are people who create accts to evade a ban and continue in the same offence they were banned for.

Having someone following you means that you are always notified when the person makes a comment and vice versa.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Nairaland Forum by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
3). Y is it dat u'l read som posts&u won't c d poster's name.Al u'l c is by Nobody.

4). What is d work of a moderator?
Re: Questions About Nairaland Forum by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
sexkillz: When you are banned from a section, you can no longer comment or participate in that section until your stipulated ban has expired. Banning results from failing to adhere to the rules of Nairaland.

Banning till 2049 means that such persons are die hard trouble making nuisances who would never change no matter the amount of short bans you dole out to them or, they are people who create accts to evade a ban and continue in the same offence they were banned for.

IfHaving someone following you means that you are always notified when the person makes a comment and vice versa.
Thank u
Re: Questions About Nairaland Forum by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
Thefixer007: 3). Y is it dat u'l read som posts&u won't c d poster's name.Al u'l c is by Nobody.

When you decide to deactivate your account, you become a nobody. No one can access your profile anymore. So when you come across nobody, just know that the person deactivated his/her account.

Moderators are ordinary members like you saddled with the responsibility of keeping the sections clean of spammers, trolls, and people who constitute themselves a nuisance. They enforce the rules as well, and ban defaulters.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Nairaland Forum by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 06, 2013
Thefixer007: 3). Y is it dat u'l read som posts&u won't c d poster's name.Al u'l c is by Nobody.

Re: Questions About Nairaland Forum by MrOlodo(m): 6:13am On Dec 07, 2013
sexkillz: When you decide to deactivate your account, you become a nobody. No one can access your profile anymore. So when you come across nobody, just know that the person deactivated his/her account.

Moderators are ordinary members like you saddled with the responsibility of keeping the sections clean of spammers, trolls, and people who constitute themselves a nuisance. They enforce the rules as well, and ban defaulters.

you said you are an ordinary member but you banned me till 2106 ninty three years ban ....

you said I went around a ban but others who went around a ban was banned till 2014...

you just hate me undecided

Re: Questions About Nairaland Forum by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 07, 2013
Mr•Olodo:

you said you are an ordinary member but you banned me till 2106 ninty three years ban ....

you said I went around a ban but others who went around a ban was banned till 2014...

Mr Olodo. Ur name alone warrants banning.

D way u derail thread is annoyin.I saw ur complaint at "y ar women afraid of cs?".This is exactly d same thng u posted there.

Since sexkillz said ppl can hav 2 or more user names.U can use another user name at d section where u were banned.

I don't understand wot this ur protest is al abt or ar u seekin 4attention?
Re: Questions About Nairaland Forum by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 07, 2013
@Sexkillz.Thank u 4al ur response.I gues there're ppl who ar on NL but doesn't knw how d forum work lik d persn dat introduced me 2NL.
Re: Questions About Nairaland Forum by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 07, 2013
i know this might not be a frontpage material but to those of us having the problem come and learn
How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c

https://www.nairaland.com/1545371/how-send-p.mquotemake-bold-e.t.c
Re: Questions About Nairaland Forum by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 07, 2013
sexkillz: When you decide to deactivate your account, you become a nobody. No one can access your profile anymore. So when you come across nobody, just know that the person deactivated his/her account.

*** Wen I deactivate my account,what happens 2my topics?

*** If I deactivate my account,can I stil reactivate it in d near future lik facebk does?
Re: Questions About Nairaland Forum by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 07, 2013
Thefixer007:

*** Wen I deactivate my account,what happens 2my topics?

*** If I deactivate my account,can I stil reactivate it in d near future lik facebk does?

All of your topics will be deleted
You can not reacctivate,neither can you use the email you used for registering

1 Like

Re: Questions About Nairaland Forum by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 07, 2013
sexkillz:
**Must u b a member of NL 4a long period of tym b4 u can b considered 2b a moderaator? Or What is d criteria 4bcomin a moderator?&do they get paid or is it a volunteer work?
Re: Questions About Nairaland Forum by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 07, 2013
Divepen: come and learn
How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c

https://www.nairaland.com/1545371/how-send-p.mquotemake-bold-e.t.c
Thank u.The link is quite educativ cos I had those questions in mind too
Re: Questions About Nairaland Forum by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 07, 2013
Thefixer007:
Thank u.The link is quite educativ cos I had those questions in mind too
u r welcome
Re: Questions About Nairaland Forum by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 09, 2013
If u started a topic&u want 2delete it along d line,is it possible?
Re: Questions About Nairaland Forum by Idrismusty97(m): 9:50pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mr•Olodo:

gringringrin this Guy will never ceased to amuse me.

(1) (Reply)

Seun, Have You Thought About Something Like This For This Forum? / Make A Wish This Christmas! / Angry Mother Rips Off Her Son’s SCROTUM & Then "Try fixing with SUPERGLUE"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.