Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,525 members, 7,920,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 03:26 PM

How Did Sir Alex Ferguson Win The League With This Current Man United Players? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Did Sir Alex Ferguson Win The League With This Current Man United Players? (787 Views)

Alex Iwobi Shares Photo Of His Family (Photo) / Full List Of Trophies Sir Alex Ferguson Has Won / Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Sir Alex Ferguson Win The League With This Current Man United Players? by write2obi(m): 9:22am On Dec 06, 2013
Am a die hard Manchester United fan, I fall in love with the never say die attitude Sir Alex imbibed into his players, but watching us this season got me wondering,
How did Sir Alex won the tittle last season with this so so average United side?
Take away Wayne Rooney, Robin Van Persie and maybe Carrick, then Man United are just as good as Newcastle or Sunderland.
Malcolm Glazer just has to make funds available for Moyes or we'll surely do a Liverpool.
Re: How Did Sir Alex Ferguson Win The League With This Current Man United Players? by curiouslad(m): 9:30am On Dec 06, 2013
It's shocking to see Man Utd fans Complaining

FOr the past few seasons Man Utd Have always won despite not playing well,
You see Man Utd Playing Badly only to comeback from the dead and snatch a/three points via a masterstroke from Sir Alex
The macheda goals against aston villa comes to mind
I do not put any blame on Moyes at all
Those players are shite withe the exception of a microscopic few grin
Re: How Did Sir Alex Ferguson Win The League With This Current Man United Players? by ubcandid(m): 9:48am On Dec 06, 2013
Please correct the post and tense,it should be win and not won with all due respect.
Re: How Did Sir Alex Ferguson Win The League With This Current Man United Players? by write2obi(m): 9:48am On Dec 06, 2013
curiouslad: It's shocking to see Man Utd fans Complaining

FOr the past few seasons Man Utd Have always won despite not playing well,
You see Man Utd Playing Badly only to comeback from the dead and snatch a/three points via a masterstroke from Sir Alex
The macheda goals against aston villa comes to mind
I do not put any blame on Moyes at all
Those players are shite withe the exception of a microscopic few grin

in Moyes we trust, the problem i have with him is that he did not assess these players well before taking over, and failed to address the key issues in the side.
Re: How Did Sir Alex Ferguson Win The League With This Current Man United Players? by write2obi(m): 9:52am On Dec 06, 2013
ubcandid: Please correct the post and tense,it should be win and not won with all due respect.

thanks.
Re: How Did Sir Alex Ferguson Win The League With This Current Man United Players? by curiouslad(m): 9:53am On Dec 06, 2013
write2obi:

in Moyes we trust, the problem i have with him is that he did not assess these players well, and failed to address the key issues in the side.

I'm Not a Man Utd Fan, Just a football Lover with blue blood wink

What do you think moyes should have done
He tried signing Thiago,Fabregas
He didn't have the pedigree to convince them to join
In the end he went for fellaini who is yet to impress
He was unlucky to have a marketer in form of transfer guru (The guy that replaced gill)

Most Man Utd Fans Screaming for his head aactually have no clue what he is doing wrong because he isnt doing anything wrong
He Has a bunch of average over-ferguson-hyped players
Re: How Did Sir Alex Ferguson Win The League With This Current Man United Players? by write2obi(m): 10:06am On Dec 06, 2013
curiouslad:

I'm Not a Man Utd Fan, Just a football Lover with blue blood wink

What do you think moyes should have done
He tried signing Thiago,Fabregas
He didn't have the pedigree to convince them to join
In the end he went for fellaini who is yet to impress
He was unlucky to have a marketer in form of transfer guru (The guy that replaced gill)

Most Man Utd Fans Screaming for his head aactually have no clue what he is doing wrong because he isnt doing anything wrong
He Has a bunch of average over-ferguson-hyped players

yes he tried to sign Barcelona, but failed, but there are 1001 central midfield players in the world why was he so obbessed with siging from barcelona?
I love Moyes and I believe he will come good, but he made some costly errors at the start of his career
1. changing the whole backroom staffs
2. failed to assess his current squad

you said something about over hyped players? lemmie me ask you, as a manager if you have over hyped players in your team what do you do?
Re: How Did Sir Alex Ferguson Win The League With This Current Man United Players? by KenJADE(m): 1:01pm On Dec 06, 2013
I think Man U winning the league last year was due to endurance, luck and bad runs of form from other contenders. Moyes isn't as woeful as people make him look. And the current Man U squad isn't equally anywhere close to being wonderful. They are both bad in a way and together, they're worse.
Re: How Did Sir Alex Ferguson Win The League With This Current Man United Players? by seankay(m): 1:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
Its cos Sir Alex is one of the best manager ever liveth if not the best.He was rily gud at his work from mind games,developing players,giving new players confidence,intimidating refs and FA.......I've always z it dat mufc doesn't have great players but the winning mentality is there,they would always score that equalizer or winnig goal and even SAF once z it in his interview that those last minute goals aren't luck but they trained for it.
DM doesn't knw a dang bout the transfer market,I laughed so hard wen he was chasing fabregas wen dere were oda options.......he doesn't have the winning mentality,man utd needs to offload up to 5 players
*Note,football has really changed over the years,clubs are spending heavily to stay on top so if man utd fails to qualify for UCL(I tink they would qualify) if wud b very hard to recover immediately,it might take time like liverpool fc and also difficult to attract top players

From a die hard Chelsea fan
Re: How Did Sir Alex Ferguson Win The League With This Current Man United Players? by Ade5(m): 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
Truth be told, the united squad has been a slightly above average side for a few seasons now but Sir Alex had been serving as the extra factor. The mark of a great manager.

(1) (Reply)

Predict Soccer - England Winners Today Match / I Cant Be Here And Eagles Won’t Win 2014 World Cup...." / ‘manchester United To Replace Arsenal In Top Four’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.