Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,593 members, 7,948,299 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 05:50 PM

Nelson Mandela’s Death: Muhammad Ali & Other Celebs React - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nelson Mandela’s Death: Muhammad Ali & Other Celebs React (596 Views)

Nigerians React To Martin Onovo's Interview On Channels Today - Video / Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy / Diezani Funny Memes Trends On Twitter - See How Nigerians React (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nelson Mandela’s Death: Muhammad Ali & Other Celebs React by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nelson Mandela’s Death: Muhammad Ali & Other Celebs React

After Nelson Mandela died on Dec. 5 at the age of 95, President Obama, former Presidents Bill Clinton and George Bush, and a bevy of celebrities are remembering the beloved former South African president’s amazing legacy. The world is heartbroken after Nelson Mandela sadly passed away on Dec.5, 2013 at home in Houghton, South Africa. The revolutionary leader —who had been suffering from a recurring lung infection and was frequently in the hospital over the last year —will never be forgotten. Nelson has touched so many lives, including that of former professional boxer Muhammad Ali, who released a touching statement praising the late leader on Dec. 5. Nelson Mandela’s Death —President Obama & Celebrities React Muhammad expressed his admiration for Nelson and the impact he had on the world, saying:

I am deeply saddened by the passing of Mr. Mandela. His a life filled with purpose and hope; hope for himself country and the world. He inspired others to reach for appeared to be impossible and moved them to break thr the barriers that held them hostage mentally, physi socially and economically. He made us realize, we ar brother’s keeper and that our brothers come in all colors. I will remember most about Mr.Mandela is that he was a whose heart, soul and spirit could not be containe restrained by racial and economic injustices, metal bars o burden of hate and revenge. He taught us forgiveness grand scale. His was a spirit born free, destined to soar a the rainbows. Today his spirit is soaring through the hea He is now forever free. President Barack Obama also released a statement about Nelson, saying, “I cannot imagine my own life without Mandela’s example.” The nation’s first black president, who met Nelson in 2005 when he was a senator in Illinois, adds that we should all aspire to be more like Nelson. ”May Nelson Mandela’s life of service to others and his unwavering commitment to equality, reconciliation, and human dignity continue to be a beacon for each future generation seeking a more just and prosperous world.” Nelson also made a lasting impression on former President Bill Clinton, who tweeted: "I will never forget my friend Madiba".

Former President George W. Bush also paid tribute to Nelson in a statement, saying:
Laura and I join the people of South Africa and the wor celebrating the life of Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela. Pres Mandela was one of the great forces for freedom equality of our time. He bore his burdens with dignity grace, and our world is better off because of his example. good man will be missed, but his contributions will liv forever. Laura and I send our heartfelt sympath President Mandela’s family and to the citizens of the nation he loved.

Tyra Banks, Samuel L. Jackson & More Celebrities React To Nelson Mandela’s Death

Actor Morgan Freeman released a statement about Nelson’s passing, saying:
Today the world lost one of the true giants of the century. Nelson Mandela was a man of incomparable honor of unconquerable strength, and unyielding resolve—a sain many, a hero to all who treasure liberty, freedom and dignity of humankind. As we remember his triumphs, let his memory, not just reflect on how far we’ve come, bu how far we have to go. Madiba may no longer be with us his journey continues on with me and with all of us.

TWC co-chairman Harvey Weinstein said in a statement:
One of the privileges of making movies is having opportunity to immortalize those who have made a profo impact on humanity. We count ourselves unspeakably fortu to have been immersed in Nelson Mandela’s story and leg It’s been an honor to have been granted such proximity man who will go down as one of history’s greatest free fighters and advocates for justice. I have had the privileg spending time with President Mandela and I can say his s of humor was as great as his optimism. We are de saddened by his loss; our hearts go out to his family and entire South African nation.

Actor Idris Elba said in a statement, “What an honor it was to step into the shoes of Nelson Mandela and portray a man who defied odds, broke down barriers, and championed human rights before the eyes of the world. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

” U2’s Bono remembers Nelson: It was as if he was born to teach the age a lesson in hum in humour and above all else in patience. In the end, Ne Mandela showed us how to love rather than hate, not bec he had never surrendered to rage or violence, but becaus learnt that love would do a better job. Mandela played the highest stakes. He put his family, his country, his time life on the line, and he won most of these contests. Stub til the end for all the right reasons, it felt like he very ne outstared his maker. Today, finally, he blinked. And some o cry, knowing our eyes were opened to so much because of him.

Anant Singh, producer of Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom, on Nelson’s passing: We have lost our father, an exceptional human being, a he the world. There has never been anyone quite like him there will never be. We should be inspired by his life celebrate him with our love. We will all miss him dearly love, thoughts and prayers are with Mama Winnie, Mrs Ma Zenani, Zindzi, Maki and the entire Mandela Family during difficult time. Actor Dennis Haysbert said: Portraying Nelson Mandela in the film “Goodbye Bafana” a defining moment in my life and my career. We as a soc have been blessed to live in a time that Nelson Mandela lived, loved, and led. What he has done for his country countrymen, and everyone on this planet may not be ach again… ever. I will always honor him as a saint.

Here are some celebs who have tweeted about the heartbreaking news: see link!

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/12/05/nelson-mandelas-death-celebrities-react-twitter/

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Who Says I Bleach Is stu*pid , and you are stu*pid –alao-akala / Uduaghan Presents N391bn Budget To State Assembly / Uganda Passes Miniskirt Ban Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.