Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,864 members, 7,935,699 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 01:52 PM

Top 10 Benefits Of Kissing - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Top 10 Benefits Of Kissing (1116 Views)

Video: Of The Kids Kissing In A Lagos Church Compound / Kids Kissing And Smooching In Church In Lagos - Photos / Kid Looking At His Parents Kissing: Caption This Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Benefits Of Kissing by Austinmoor(m): 1:13pm On Dec 06, 2013
I like this and i know you will like it too.
Kissing is a universal language that requires no translation…. And its very good for your health!

The Top 10 Health Benefits of Kissing have been documented in medical studies offering amazing advantages for a long and healthy life.

1. Those who kiss their partner goodbye each morning live five years longer than those who don’t.
2. Kissing is great for self-esteem. It makes you feel appreciated and helps your state of mind.
3. Kissing burns calories, 2-3 calories a minute and can double your metabolic rate. Research claims that three passionate kisses a day (at least lasting 20 seconds each) will cause you to loose an entire extra pound! It’s time to start that kissing diet!
4. Kissing is a known stress-reliever. Passionate kissing relieves tension, reduces negative energy and produces a sense of well being, lowering your cortisol ‘stress’ hormone.
5. Kissing uses 30 facial muscles and it helps keep the facial muscles tight, preventing baggy cheeks! The tension in the muscles caused by a passionate kiss helps smooth the skin and increases the circulation.
6. Kissing is good for the heart, as it creates an adrenaline which causes your heart to pump more blood around your body. Frequent kissing has scientifically been proven to stabilize cardiovascular activity, decrease blood pressure and cholesterol.
7. Those who kiss quite frequently are less likely to suffer from stomach, bladder and blood infections.
8. During a kiss, natural antibiotics are secreted in the saliva. Also, the saliva contains a type of anesthetic that helps relieve pain.
9. Kissing reduces anxiety and stops the ‘noise’ in your mind. It increases the levels of oxytocin, an extremely calming hormone that produces a feeling of peace.
10. The endorphins produced by kissing are 200 times more powerful than morphine

Read more at: http://www.thoughtpursuits.com/top-10-health-benefits-kissing/
Re: Top 10 Benefits Of Kissing by wonlasewonimi: 1:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
depends on the area you are kissing.
Re: Top 10 Benefits Of Kissing by jumzzy448: 2:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
Hubby, where are thou. Come let's get the kissing started.
Re: Top 10 Benefits Of Kissing by EfemenaXY: 3:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
@OP, you should also have made mention of the health risks associated with kissing, but before jumping in on the deep-end, let's start from the beginning:

LIGHT KISSING and DEEP KISSING

Defined:

~ 'Light Kissing' would typically be closed-mouth kissing that doesn't involve the tongue, or as they say, 'swapping spit' (how romantic!).

~ 'Deep Kissing' is also known as 'French Kissing' and is done with the mouth slightly open and with the tongue reaching into the opposite mouth. There are several slang terms for it, including the aforementioned 'swapping spit' and also 'tonsil hockey'.

Ewww!! Sounds quite nasty to me. Anyway @OP, I disagree with you - it's not an African thing, nor is it in our culture. It's a western thing adopted by many wanna-be-Africans. Tell me, do your grandparents do deep kissing? I certainly don't see any oldies back home swapping spit or swirling their tongues in each other's mouths.

Negative Consequences:

Even casual and light kissing carries some risk to it, simply because it puts you in close, intimate contact with another person (and all their germs), though this is not generally much of a deterrent unless you KNOW the other person is currently sick. Also, even light kissing carries a slight risk for catching Herpes and Scabies if kissing someone who has open sores or cuts immediately around their mouth. Before kissing ANYONE, make absolutely sure you don't kiss someone who is known to be sick (like the flu, or who has mono, etc.), and don't kiss someone with ugly, dripping, oozing, puss-filled sores right around their lips.

Deep kissing carries the same risks as light kissing, plus the exchange of fluids (the aforementioned spit-swapping) increases those risks. It also allows for other sexually transmitted diseases to pass, such as:

~ Herpes Simplex Virus-2,

~ Hepatitis B and

~ Syphilis.

The trick to dramatically lowering your risks is to really know your partner well, to know their sexual history, and to know their current health status (the couple who gets tested together doesn't get a disease together.... something like that).

http://www.teensadvisor.com/teen-dating/kissing.html
Re: Top 10 Benefits Of Kissing by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
Efe the teacher! kiss

And some mouth can smell.

Imagine french kissing a man who chews tobacco!
Eeww!
Re: Top 10 Benefits Of Kissing by EfemenaXY: 4:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
^^ You don start again o! grin grin

Thing is, I dislike it when people say kissing is our culture when it really isn't. If it was, then why do the actors and actresses on Nollywood / African Magic kiss so badly?

I mean you need to see them - it's soooo unnatural and they move their necks like lizards when doing the act...

Awkward tinz...
Re: Top 10 Benefits Of Kissing by jumzzy448: 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ You don start again o! grin grin

Thing is, I dislike it when people say kissing is our culture when it really isn't. If it was, then why do the actors and actresses on Nollywood / African Magic kiss so badly?

I mean you need to see them - it's soooo unnatural and they move their necks like lizards when doing the act...
Awkward tinz...
Lol at moving their necks like lizard.
Re: Top 10 Benefits Of Kissing by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
I taught I was d only one observing that!

I watched one home video where jim iyke the lover boy french kissed rita dominic!
Lafta carry me troway!
E go remain small, he for bit of the tongue abi lips finish!
(I'm sure rita will seriously warn him to go and learn the act of kissing a lady passionately after that scene)
Or is it the ladies and their response?
I pray they don't do that in real life.
Sucks.
Re: Top 10 Benefits Of Kissing by mysticgal(f): 5:17pm On Dec 06, 2013
imagine kissing someone who chews garlic or gorro frequently embarassed
Re: Top 10 Benefits Of Kissing by EfemenaXY: 5:22pm On Dec 06, 2013
^^ Garlic has medicinal qualities though cheesy
Re: Top 10 Benefits Of Kissing by wonlasewonimi: 5:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
Any of you three girls above me desire good smooching(kissing by the way, if you don't know) ? Answer and leave your details here..
Re: Top 10 Benefits Of Kissing by Austinmoor(m): 5:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
though kssing is not an african thing, but we have embraced it even to our advantage
Re: Top 10 Benefits Of Kissing by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
Before you kiss, check d persons mouth o! Hygiene is very important here.
Re: Top 10 Benefits Of Kissing by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Efe the teacher! kiss

And some mouth can smell.

Imagine french kissing a man who chews tobacco!
Eeww!

I didn't even see this. grin
Re: Top 10 Benefits Of Kissing by Kanwulia: 4:51am On Dec 07, 2013
Kissing is a prelude to GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT SEX! cool
But NIGERIAN MEN CAN ONLY SPIT INSIDE your mouth!
Dem no sabi kiss! angry

Kissing makes the pehnis stronger/HARRRRRRRRRDER and the poohsie JUSSY JUSSIER! kiss
Re: Top 10 Benefits Of Kissing by SugaryBelle(f): 7:33am On Dec 07, 2013
Lol.
Re: Top 10 Benefits Of Kissing by Emmyk(m): 8:03am On Dec 07, 2013
kisskiss

(1) (Reply)

Time For Fathers To Get Involved / Should She Marry Him? / Dead person,Please Help Contact His Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.