Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,609 members, 7,885,538 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 11:13 AM

Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar (8700 Views)

Solomon Ogunniyi, OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office (pictured) / Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. / Nine Years After, Solomon Lar Varsity Can’t Graduate Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
Need Etisalat bis on android? Contact me
Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by Ismahill(m): 7:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
Good 4 im.if e reach heavenz gate dm go presnt am d certificate of d naming ceremony.

2 Likes

Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by henchamb(m): 7:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
Why not build a new one and name it after him. All these trash keeps happening each time a so called political figure dies. If madiba was frm this insane part of d world. Am sure by now my passport will b renamed federal republic of Mandela.

1 Like

Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by obeenah40(m): 7:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
chigoville: Need Etisalat bis on android? Contact me
me too sabi do am undecided bt e no dey work for bbm ans whats app
Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by Yazmin: 8:01pm On Dec 06, 2013
lertee: Solomon Lar University Jos. (SLUJ) grin grin
Ooops what a name.

Durrrh....the university is not in Jos.
Ooops, what a brain!!
Do more research. ...

1 Like

Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by lertee(f): 8:08pm On Dec 06, 2013
Yazmin:

Durrrh....the university is not in Jos.
Ooops, what a brain!!
Do more research. ...
Shaarrap there,i didn't read the news grin. I just assumed it was unijos the news referred to. Now run along tongue
Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by onayemi1: 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
Naming institution of higher learning after a personality is something that is uncommon in developed countries. Rather, they are named after City or place. The exception is when this institution are founded by individuals or a large part of the funds used in establishing it provided by the individual. To me, this renaming is uncalled for, myopic and politically orchestrated. A cue from the great britain is a perfect example.

2 Likes

Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by nickxtra(m): 8:12pm On Dec 06, 2013
Idi Amin: Renaming the school after Lar, that I can understand because he was an honorable man. I am waiting for OBJ's d****, let me see the 1diot who will rename an edifice or school after his ugly name undecided
Can you see how evil you are. Thinking of the death of a human being like you. This is a man, whom you and your entire generation will never near or equal his success in life. Wake up from your satanic mindedness.mcheew

1 Like

Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by Onyiido: 8:21pm On Dec 06, 2013
Lifebender: Soon every university in nigeria will be renamed...I wonder when Nigeria herself will be renamed..
. Lol dis got me thinkin. Soon we'll hear nigeria has been renamed as Goodluck/patience
Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by LadyH(f): 8:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
Dosinspector: Am proud my school was renamed after OJUKWU "COOU" I jst hope dat plateau people will accept this in good faith [s]unlike some hypocrites that betrayed their dead brother[/s]
angry fixed!

1 Like

Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by Wsdm: 8:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
Bababagida Aliyu of Niger state constructed a hospital and named it as Yar'adua Memorial Hospital In Sabon-Wuse in Tafa local government. At least considering that Yar'adua died due to health related ailment.
If Jang wants to immortalize Lar, he should have simply followed his counterpart above or simply rename the state PDP's secretariat after him.
Let institutions be renamed after scholars,
Hospitals after medical practitioners,
political secretariat after politicians
Garage after a very good driver or transport union leaders.
And Prison after an ex-convict/visitors( Bode George, Obassanjo,El-Mustapher, Ibori and the big Alamassiengha et-al) .

3 Likes

Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by Yazmin: 8:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
lertee:
Shaarrap there,i didn't read the news grin. I just assumed it was unijos the news referred to. Now run along tongue

lipsrsealed....I don shaarrap.
Na run along remain na grin.
Buh nxt time dont assume before commenting.

Last bullet: get ur facts right before stating them! cool .

Now, u run along!!

1 Like

Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by lertee(f): 8:41pm On Dec 06, 2013
Yazmin:

lipsrsealed....I don shaarrap.
Na run along remain na grin.
Buh nxt time dont assume before commenting.

Last bullet: get ur facts right before stating them! cool .

Now, u run along!!

Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nobody should rename any of the first tier and second tier universities like UNN,Ibadan,Lagos,Benin ,,Jos .Ife students and Soyinka protested the renaming of Ife to OAU and lost.that should be the last of that stupidity.
Thank God the Abiola thing for UNILAG died a natural death
ABU started as ABU
The later federal universities and the mushroom state universities can bear whatever name they want,nobody cares
I don't want my alma mater bearing anybody's name,dead or alive
If anyone wants to be immortalized with a university,build one with your personal funds or will all your personal money to them like Johns Hopkins and Vanderbilt to start one at your demise
Nigeria should stop this madness of renaming institutions and streets
It is insane
When you rename a school you destroy the good memories and connection the alumni had with their alma mater
They are unable to relate to the school and never comfortable calling it by the strange name
Stop the madness I say!!

2 Likes

Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by Katier00(f): 8:54pm On Dec 06, 2013
Codedrock: Who is solomon lar?? Na only solomon grandy me know o.
FIND TRUE LOVE NOW! Find true love, Date, chat, hookup and mingle with hot naija guys and ladies
shut up, are'nt u ashame of yourself? U are asking who is solomon lar, it is not funny, stop displayin your foolishness
Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by Adegokenath(m): 9:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
desertboom: I am tired of everything, renaming a whole mighty University to someones name.
Very soon Nigerian politicians will begin to rename primary and nursery schools to someones name.
s
Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by obamaobama: 9:20pm On Dec 06, 2013
desertboom: I am tired of everything, renaming a whole mighty University to someones name.
Very soon Nigerian politicians will begin to rename primary and nursery schools to someones name.
some of u ar fools instead of u to pray and be somebody in nigeria so that ur name will never be forgetin u ar busy pasting rubbish. R.I.P. CHIEF SOLOMON LAR UNIVERSITY if u don't want it to be rename go and die.
Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by cymetric(f): 9:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
Dosinspector: Am proud my school was renamed after OJUKWU "COOU" I jst hope dat plateau people will accept this in good faith unlike some hypocrites that betrayed their dead brother
Hope U̶̲̥̅̊ aint referring to Unilag,,,, U̶̲̥̅̊ shud kno ur sch hznt gon anyweh, it can stil b rnamed.....
Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by RealAlfranco: 9:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
lertee: Solomon Lar University Jos. (SLUJ) grin grin
Ooops what a name.
The school is not in Jos ma'am. Its in Bokkos!
Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by tucee31: 9:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
I tot NTA said the body arrived from the United States! undecided
Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by rckdude: 9:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
Dosinspector: Am proud my school was renamed after OJUKWU "COOU" I jst hope dat plateau people will accept this in good faith unlike some hypocrites that betrayed their dead brother

I hope you aren't referring to Unilag! MKO had no direct nor indirect connection to Unilag. Besides where is the wisdom in renaming Unilag after a man that died 14yrs ago.
Must you always turn every issue into a tribal beef? We had very good reasons not to want the change of name.
Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nansense!
Its only in nigeria that edifices r renamed after looticians.phew
Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by Zonacom(m): 10:18pm On Dec 06, 2013
Noticed a lot of mistakes with this report. The journalist(s) that compiled this should be flogged.
Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by olalekan1(m): 11:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
Idi Amin: Renaming the school after Lar, that I can understand because he was an honorable man. I am waiting for OBJ's d****, let me see the 1diot who will rename an edifice or school after his ugly name undecided
FUNAAB will become OLUSEGUN OBASANJO UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, ABEOKUTA after OBJ has joined his ancestors.
Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
Saraben: instead of them to name it after madiba since everything nw is madiba

not only madiba na Yar' Adua
Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 06, 2013
olalekan1:
FUNAAB will become OLUSEGUN OBASANJO UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, ABEOKUTA after OBJ has joined his ancestors.

I swear hv been thinking about these for a while now.....
Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by Nobody: 12:53am On Dec 07, 2013
Rowlandjude: Abeg were i fit buy soya?

Meet my friend aboki Thai outside the gate
Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by Nobody: 3:11am On Dec 07, 2013
nickxtra: Can you see how evil you are. Thinking of the death of a human being like you. This is a man, whom you and your entire generation will never near or equal his success in life. Wake up from your satanic mindedness.mcheew
mu+mu. Everyone must surely die someday including you and I. He might be successful but I'm equally successful and sleep cooler than most Naija polithieftians do. Take this your holier than thou attitude and shove it on your a55. Anumanuundecided
Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by obamaobama: 3:43am On Dec 07, 2013
Idi Amin: mu+mu. Everyone must surely die someday including you and I. He might be successful but I'm equally successful and sleep cooler than most Naija polithieftians do. Take this your holier than thou attitude and shove it on your a55. Anumanuundecided
but u ar the real mumu.
Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by talktrue1(m): 6:04am On Dec 07, 2013
Maybe they are reserving Unijos for Gowon
Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by triploc: 6:50am On Dec 07, 2013
solar university
Re: Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar by dailywealth1967: 7:34am On Dec 07, 2013
abi,na chief slomon lar university

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Courses You Can Study Without Maths And English - 2016 Edition / 2015 Unilorin: Utme And Direct Entry Applicants / 10 Benefits Of Studying Abroad.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.