Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,268 members, 7,881,029 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:09 AM

Bible Fulfilled Prophecies - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Fulfilled Prophecies (2438 Views)

Fulfilled Prophecies: Evidence For The Reliability Of The Bible / 2014 Prophecies By Dr. DK Olukoya Of MFM / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by Mintayo(m): 7:21pm On Dec 11, 2013
harbiola1:

You don't like to be shown the truth from the bible. I wonder why you guys talk like kid. A whole Pastor saying somebody is twisting the bible when you can explicitly address the confusion.

A Prophet is not the Messiah or John.
The conversation between John and those Jews explicitly show it that.
Elijah is not Messiah.
Elijah is not The Prophet.

Messiah is not Elijah.
Messiah is not the Prophet.

The Prophet is not Elijah.
The Prophet is not Christ.

If you are Not Elijah,
Nor Messiah,
Neither the Prophet.

WHO Art Thou?

When they know that Messiah is the same as The Prophet, why were they seperating them?
Let me ask you,who were the Jews expecting? A Messiah or a Prophet?
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by harbiola1(m): 8:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
Mintayo:
Lool, see delution. Is that Bible passage talking about acceptance? Did the Jews/Israelites accepted mohammed? Was Moses talking about Arabs? How does mohammed like Moses?
Did mohammed did one-quarter of what Moses did?
Because mohammed was accepted hence is like Moses,smh even a teenager can do better than that,no??
Deuteronomy 18:15 (NLT).
Moses continued," The Lord you God will raise up for you a prophet like me FROM AMONG YOUR FELLOW ISRAELITES. You must listen to Him.
Ponder on the above very well.

Chai, what is the meaning of all these now, how can we come up with a sensible point in all these argumentative essay vomited up there?
This is why i said you should give ur reasons one by one.

This >> "The Lord you God will raise up for you a prophet like me FROM AMONG YOUR FELLOW ISRAELITES." is the only reasonable thing i can point at.

You know how i earned my 1point. so you also have to do it in a mature manner. quote a sentence from the verses and tell us how it is applicable to Jesus, as simple as that.

Are we ready?
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by harbiola1(m): 9:02pm On Dec 11, 2013
Mintayo:

Very simple, BOTH!
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by harbiola1(m): 9:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
Mintayo:
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by proo212(m): 10:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
Since we expecting either a Messiah or a Prophet or a Messiah and a Prophet, his followers believed He was the Messiah and the "Prophet". He certainly referred to Himself as a prophet as well in the book of Luke 13 starting from verse 33

31 At that very hour some Pharisees came and said to him, “Get away from here, for Herod wants to kill you.” 32 And he said to them, “Go and tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I finish my course. 33 Nevertheless, I must go on my way today and tomorrow and the day following, for it cannot be that a prophet should perish away from Jerusalem.’ 34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing! 35 Behold, your house is forsaken. And I tell you, you will not see me until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!’”

As well as this

53 And when Jesus had finished these parables, he went away from there, 54 and coming to his hometown he taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished, and said, “Where did this man get this wisdom and these mighty works? 55 Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? And are not his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? 56 And are not all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?” 57 And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and in his own household.” 58 And he did not do many mighty works there, because of their unbelief.

The people said it

10 And when he entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred up, saying, “Who is this?” 11 And the crowds said, “This is the prophet Jesus, from Nazareth of Galilee.”

Even his followers believe he was Messiah and the "Prophet" from Acts 3:23-26

22 Moses said, ‘The Lord God will raise up for you a prophet like me from your brothers. You shall listen to him in whatever he tells you. 23 And it shall be that every soul who does not listen to that prophet shall be destroyed from the people.’ 24 And all the prophets who have spoken, from Samuel and those who came after him, also proclaimed these days. 25 You are the sons of the prophets and of the covenant that God made with your fathers, saying to Abraham, ‘And in your offspring shall all the families of the earth be blessed.’ 26 God, having raised up his servant, sent him to you first, to bless you by turning every one of you from your wickedness.”
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by Mintayo(m): 11:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
harbiola1:

Chai, what is the meaning of all these now, how can we come up with a sensible point in all these argumentative essay vomited up there?
This is why i said you should give ur reasons one by one.

This >> "The Lord you God will raise up for you a prophet like me FROM AMONG YOUR FELLOW ISRAELITES." is the only reasonable thing i can point at.

You know how i earned my 1point. so you also have to do it in a mature manner. quote a sentence from the verses and tell us how it is applicable to Jesus, as simple as that.

Are we ready?
i raised some questions up there,you will do well to answer them,all those questions arose from just one verse,answer them and see how ur prophet fits in.
Again,it's not about Jesus,its about mohammed,you are d one trying to put mohammed in d Bible when d quran did not put him there.
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by Mintayo(m): 12:03am On Dec 12, 2013
proo212: Since we expecting either a Messiah or a Prophet or a Messiah and a Prophet, his followers believed He was the Messiah and the "Prophet". He certainly referred to Himself as a prophet as well in the book of Luke 13 starting from verse 33

As well as this

The people said it

Even his followers believe he was Messiah and the "Prophet" from Acts 3:23-26

Wonderful,you are quietly going ahead of us...Lol.
Thats why i told Him that i am not discussing Jesus Fulfiling the Bible prophecy with him,its quite obvious from d Bibe that He did,he shld try and show to us how mohammed did.
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by Mintayo(m): 12:19am On Dec 12, 2013
harbiola1:

Very simple, BOTH!
In one person or seperate persons?
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 12, 2013
mahdino:

I have refered u to Isaiah chapter 29 verse 12, check with how Mohammad (SAW) start to get the revelation and u will see that it was refering to none other than Mohammad (SAW)
that verse wasn't about mahamed, you are only reading the meaning you want into that verse. it is about people giving excuses about learning.
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by harbiola1(m): 9:23am On Dec 12, 2013
Mintayo:

Deuteronomy 18:15 (NLT).
Moses continued," The Lord you God will raise up for you a prophet like me FROM AMONG YOUR FELLOW ISRAELITES. You must listen to Him.
^^Where did you get this your interpolation from?
Was fellow Isrealite written in the verse

[quote author=]

15. The lord thy God will raise up unto thee a prophet(1) from the midst of thee; of thy brethen (2) like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken(3).
[/quote]

1.Jesus is not considered as a Prophet but Muhammed is.

2. Jesus is not the Jewish brethen because himself is a Jew. The Jews are 1 racial entity.

Jews and Arabs are brethen from Sarah and Hagar.
"And Abraham called his Son's name which Hagar borne Ishmael." Gen. 16:15

"And Abraham took Ishmael His Son"
Gen. 17:23.

Till the age of 13 year Ishmael is refered to as the ONLY SON of Abraham.

"And he (Ishmael) shall dwell in the presence of all his BRETHEN" Gen. 16:12

"And he (Ishmael) died in the presence of all his BRETHEN"
Gen. 25:18.

Who are the BRETHEN of Ishmael in these verses?

(3)like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken.

They will he from the Prophet the same way they used to hear from Moses.

This took me to the book of John 16

4.) 12. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13. Howbeit when he, the spirit of truth is come, he will guide you into all truth; for HE SHALL NOT SPEAK OF HIMSELF BUT WHATSOEVER HE SHALL HEAR SHALL HE SPEAK.

I can post 500+ words from the Quran that fulfilled the Prophecies above.

Now for clarification purpose, u will have to address those 4 prophecies that directly prophesied the coming of A Prophet and the Comforter.

Don't attack me yet on the issue of the Comforter because i've said anything on it. Your is to just say how Jesus and the Holy spirit fit into those Prophecies.
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by harbiola1(m): 9:35am On Dec 12, 2013
Mintayo:
In one person or seperate persons?

A crawling baby will tell you that those Levites were talking about SEPERATE PERSONS.

If you are Neither
ELIJAH
Nor
THE CHRIST
Not
THE PROPHET.

WHO ART THOU?

May be you should ask another person.

Very simple!
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by Mintayo(m): 11:21am On Dec 12, 2013
harbiola1:
^^Where did you get this your interpolation from?
Was fellow Isrealite written in the verse
who told u Jesus was not considered as a prophet? Even ur allah call Him a prophet.
Did the Jews recognised mohammed as a prophet? U didnt answer that. The same jews/israelites dt allah/mohammed hated so much in d quran?continue to deceive ur self.
John 1:45.
45. Philip findeth Nathaniel and said unto Him,we have found him,of whom Moses in the Law,and the prophets,did write,Jesus of Nazareth,the son of Joseph.

Read John 5:45-47.
Moses was talking to the Israelites, d seeds of Isaac,there had been a seperation already.

2. Jesus is not the Jewish brethen because himself is a Jew. The Jews are 1 racial entity.
so mohammed is a Jew? Continue in ur deception.
So the Jew did not accept Jesus? As a messiah or as a prophet?

You are d one saying this...you have forgotten that Sarah and Hagar are different person...lol

[/quote]"And Abraham took Ishmael His Son" Gen. 17:23.
Till the age of 13 year Ishmael is refered to as the ONLY SON of Abraham.[/quote]
ok lets go backward,Gen 17:21.." But my covenant will be confirmed with Isaac who will be born to you and Sarah by this time next year.
==>which covenant are we talking about? Does God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob sounds familiar?

There has been a seperation,God had made His covenant known to Abraham that through Isaac,Israelites shall spring forth.
Gen 21:12...And God said to Abraham,Let it not be grievious in thy sight because of the Lad,and because of thy bondwoman;in all that Sarah has said unto thee,hearcken unto her voice;FOR IN ISAAC SHALL THY SEED BE CALLED? Pls which seed are we talking about here?
Now lets here what God said concerning Ishmael.
Verse 13. And also of the son of the bondwoman wil i make a nation,because he is thy seed.
...if you open ur mind to the truth,you will see that there has been a seperation-two different nations,no? So if another prophet will come after Moses,it should be from the Jews/Israel not an Arab who hates the same jews because they didnt accept him...thats funny.
1. Are the Jews/Israelite seed of Isaac or Ishmael?
Now to show you that Ishmael descendants/Brethen differs from that of Isaac,Genesis 25:12...Now these are the generations of Ishmael,Abraham's son,whom Hagar the Egyptian,Sarah's handmaid,bare unto Abraham:==>read down to verse 18,you will see that there was a seperation,Isaac descedants(Israeli) differs from that of Ishmael.
Now read from verse 19===> it says these are the generations of Isaac...

++++i believe u r Yoruba,perhaps u r from Ibadan,the fact that someone else is a yoruba from Ijebu doesnt mean he qualifies to be crowned the Olubadan+++

this is my last post in this thread,it is d dumbest thing ever to think Mohammed was in d Bible,you are d one trying to fit him in,he does not fit in at all. His name was not mentioned once,he was not recognized at all,to us christains,mohammed is not a prophet.
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by Mintayo(m): 11:37am On Dec 12, 2013

this have been addressed abov by me and pro212. Moses and mohammed are nt anyway related,God spoke to Moses directly,no? Moses performed miracle,no?
Deuteronomy 18:18...I will raise up a prophet from among their brethen...and i will put my words in his mouth,and He shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
Is the above applicable to mohammed?
Verse 22 alone disqualified mohammed.
I knw u will still not see it.

13. Howbeit when he, the spirit of truth is come, he will guide you into all truth; for HE SHALL NOT SPEAK OF HIMSELF BUT WHATSOEVER HE SHALL HEAR SHALL HE SPEAK.
Now for clarification purpose, u will have to address those 4 prophecies that directly prophesied the coming of A Prophet and the Comforter.
Don't attack me yet on the issue of the Comforter because i've said anything on it. Your is to just say how Jesus and the Holy spirit fit into those Prophecies.
Sorry i am done with you,there is nothing that you will say concerning John that i have not heard from ur muslim folks before,i have debated with so many of them concerning the book of John and honestly,i have never seen a dumbest posts in my life like ppl saying that the comforter is ur prophet,it shows how deceptive u guys are and how dishonest you are from seeing the truth....But its okay,time will tell.
Its only someone who doesnt want to seek the truth will say that mohammed was prophesied in the Bible when he was not,his name was not mentioned not even once like Jesus was in d quran.
I hope your eyes will be opend one day.
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by Emusan(m): 11:39am On Dec 12, 2013
harbiola1:

Anytime you people try to force Muhammad into Bible; thinking facaulty always find missing.
Now if you agree that Jesus is not consider as a Prophet just to suite your claim. what will happen when you go back to Quran which says Jesus is a prophet?
This are the people who will craw into Bible to show that Jesus is a prophet.....confusion and lies full your mouth.

I see you missed the very point here "IN THE MIDST OF THEE" not outside them.

"And Abraham called his Son's name which Hagar borne Ishmael." Gen. 16:15

"And Abraham took Ishmael His Son"
Gen. 17:23.

Till the age of 13 year Ishmael is refered to as the ONLY SON of Abraham.

See story.

Who is now the promise Son?

Read the verse 18 together with it. which says "I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethen, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; [size=14pt]and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him".[/size]
@bold-Did Muhammad hear from God or Angel.

Even though you cherry pick the verse then why can't you quote it till verse 14....see again "He shall glorify me: [size=14pt]for he shall receive of mine(Jesus), and shall shew it unto you"[/size]
I know you will never agree that it is Jesus who spoke to Muhammad, to be open-minded to yourself read it verse 15 "All things that the Father hath are mine: [size=14pt]therefore said I(Jesus), that he shall take of mine(Jesus), and shall shew it unto you".[/size]
Maybe verse 14&16 were added later right!
I can't see the delusion of you that Muhammad is in the Bible. SMH

Ofcourse you can but there are words of angel not the word of God nor Jesus.

Don't attack me yet on the issue of the Comforter because i've said anything on it. Yours is to just say how Jesus and the Holy spirit fit into those Prophecies.

Jesus fulfilled the prophecy by receiving His commandment from God directly and Holyspirit also Fulfilled His prophecy by Showing the things to come unto the desciples and comfort them and He is not visible.

Shalom!
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by Mintayo(m): 11:42am On Dec 12, 2013
harbiola1:

A crawling baby will tell you that those Levites were talking about SEPERATE PERSONS.

If you are Neither
ELIJAH
Nor
THE CHRIST
Not
THE PROPHET.

WHO ART THOU?

May be you should ask another person.

Very simple!
Funny,so if they are expecting diiferent persons and Jesus was not the messish nor the prophet to them,then who was Jesus to them? Smh.
Jesus is the Messiah(even though some of them do nt recognize Him as was prophesied) and He is also a Prophet as prophesied.
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by harbiola1(m): 2:29pm On Dec 12, 2013
Mee234:
that verse wasn't about mahamed, you are only reading the meaning you want into that verse. it is about people giving excuses about learning.
Brother, people giving excuses how?

You will do well if you can post the verse and explain how you arrive at people giving excuse.

I can do it but i won't, i may be twisting the verses. grin
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by harbiola1(m): 3:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
Mintayo:
Funny,so if they are expecting diiferent persons and Jesus was not the messish nor the prophet to them,then who was Jesus to them? Smh.
Bro, i should say i Smh but thanks for helping me to say it.

Were those Levites talking to Jesus or John?
Can't u understand that simple non complicated verses?

They were talking to John and John told them that He wasn't Elijah, Messiah or the Prophet.
Jesus wasn't involved directly in that conversation. They were only mentioning Messiah!!!.

Mintayo:
Jesus is the Messiah(even though some of them do nt recognize Him as was prophesied) and He is also a Prophet as prophesied.

Ok!
But why all those unneccessary repetitions of Messiah and A Prophet when the duo is 1 person?

Another discrepance!

1 Like

Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by Emusan(m): 3:54pm On Dec 12, 2013
harbiola1:

Another discrepance!

No time Muslims and Christians debate on issue like this without end up with this statement.

Ask yourself why is it like that?

The book you believed it full of many discrepances but you can still sneak into it to know your prophet is inside. undecided undecided
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by harbiola1(m): 4:05pm On Dec 12, 2013
Mintayo:
this have been addressed abov by me and pro212.
OK!

Mintayo:
Moses and mohammed are nt anyway related,God spoke to Moses directly,
When Gabriel spoke to Mary, who did speak to her, Gabriel or God?

Mintayo:
no? Moses performed miracle,no?
Lol, Muhammed(saw) performed Many miracles. the most outstanding miracle that has ever existed is the Quran which contains 500+ miracles which the most outstanding is it ZERO ERROR CONTENT which has never existed in any Religious so called Holy Book.

"LIKE UNTO THEE" Jesus was unlike Moses because Moses was given LAW while Jesus wasn't given any LAW but Himself lived under LAW and complied with it.

Muhammed(saw) was like Moses because He was given LAW.

Mintayo:
Deuteronomy 18:18...I will raise up a prophet from among their brethen...
JESUS WAS JEW HIMSELF THROUGH ISAAC.

MUHAMMED(saw) WAS ARAB THROUGH ISHMAEL.

ISHMAEL WAS CLEARLY CALLED BRETHREN OF ISAACS.

WHAT WOULD YOU CALL THEIR DESCENDANTS?

GET THAT STRAIGHT INTO YOUR HEAD.

GOD CALLED THEM BRETHREN OF ONE ANOTHER.

JESUS IS A JEW, HENCE CAN NOT BE CALLED JEWS' BRETHREN

Mintayo:
Would you

and i will put my words in his mouth,and He shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Not complicating guy!

Mintayo:
Sorry i am done with you,there is nothing that you will say concerning John that i have not heard from ur muslim folks before,i have debated with so many of them concerning the book of John and honestly,i have never seen a dumbest posts in my life like ppl saying that the comforter is ur prophet,it shows how deceptive u guys are and how dishonest you are from seeing the truth....

You'll see the worst of Christendom's Deception and Dishonesty. I'ven't just arrived.

Your Holy spirit has been detached from that prophecy.
It's suppose to be Hearing and Talking the same way like Jesus.
Can you ask him whether Jesus is God or not?

Mintayo:
But its okay,time will tell.
Its only someone who doesnt want to seek the truth will say that mohammed was prophesied in the Bible when he was not,his name was not mentioned not even once like Jesus was in d quran.
Where is Jesus called by his name in the bible?

Mintayo:

Who is being cunning is obvious.
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by harbiola1(m): 4:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
Mintayo:
this have been addressed abov by me and pro212.
OK!

Mintayo:
Moses and mohammed are nt anyway related,God spoke to Moses directly,
When Gabriel spoke to Mary, who did speak to her, Gabriel or God?

Mintayo:
no? Moses performed miracle,no?
Lol, Muhammed(saw) performed Many miracles. the most outstanding miracle that has ever existed is the Quran which contains 500+ miracles which the most outstanding is it ZERO ERROR CONTENT which has never existed in any Religious so called Holy Book.

"LIKE UNTO THEE" Jesus was unlike Moses because Moses was given LAW while Jesus wasn't given any LAW but Himself lived under LAW and complied with it.

Muhammed(saw) was like Moses because He was given LAW.

Mintayo:
Deuteronomy 18:18...I will raise up a prophet from among their brethen...
JESUS WAS JEW HIMSELF THROUGH ISAAC.

MUHAMMED(saw) WAS ARAB THROUGH ISHMAEL.

ISHMAEL WAS CLEARLY CALLED BRETHREN OF ISAACS.

WHAT WOULD YOU CALL THEIR DESCENDANTS?

GET THAT STRAIGHT INTO YOUR HEAD.

GOD CALLED THEM BRETHREN OF ONE ANOTHER.

JESUS IS A JEW, HENCE CAN NOT BE CALLED JEWS' BRETHREN

Mintayo:
Would you

and i will put my words in his mouth,and He shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Not complicating guy!

Mintayo:
Sorry i am done with you,there is nothing that you will say concerning John that i have not heard from ur muslim folks before,i have debated with so many of them concerning the book of John and honestly,i have never seen a dumbest posts in my life like ppl saying that the comforter is ur prophet,it shows how deceptive u guys are and how dishonest you are from seeing the truth....

You'll see the worst of Christendom's Deception and Dishonesty. I'ven't just arrived.

Your Holy spirit has been detached from that prophecy.
It's suppose to be Hearing and Talking the same way like Jesus.
Can you ask him whether Jesus is God or not?

Mintayo:
But its okay,time will tell.
Where is Jesus called by his name in the bible?

Mintayo:

Who is being cunning is obvious.
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by harbiola1(m): 4:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
Emusan:

No time Muslims and Christians debate on issue like this without end up with this statement.
Is that the only thing u could see there eh?

Can't you see that Mintayo is accusing those people of delusion.

Emusan:
Ask yourself why is it like that?

Emusan:
The book you believed it full of many discrepances but you can still sneak into it to know your prophet is inside. undecided undecided

70/100%. undecided
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by mahdino: 10:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
[quote author=Mintayo]
I think i am done with you,you actually didnt not disappoint me with ur quoting from d book of John,i said it before and really did it. Jesus was not refering to Mohammed who is a man and long dead...ur mohammed cannot do what Jesus said the Holy Spirit will do. Stop puting him there.
All prophets in the Bible are respected by christains,if u prophet is there,he wld v been duely recognized.
Now when you are talking abt prophecy,a prophecy shld be very clear and not shady and fraudulent like what you were doing.
For instance,the coming of Jesus was well prophesied in d OT:
His place of birth was prophesyd,His virgin Birth,His kind of birth,His kind of death,even His betrayal was well prophesyd...i cn go on with examples,even His name was seen in the OT,that is a prophesy,very clear and straightforward,not the kind which you guys are trying to do with the Bible...i don't knw why it is dificult for u guys to accept that ur prophet is not in the Bible.
[/quot

Ok can u please tell us who the prohecy is talking about. You have been trained to hate Mohammad (saw) and blackmail him, but he has the solution to all your problems: The Quran

John 16:12-14 Jesus said 'I have many things to say but u cannot bear it now, but when HE the spirit of truth is come HE will guide u into ALL truth ... Pls tell us one truth that Jesus did not say that the holy ghost came to say?
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by noblefada: 10:48pm On Dec 12, 2013
harbiola1:

The Jewish levites posed these questions to John:

John 1:20-21
1. Art thou ELIAS?

2. Art thou CHRIST?

3. Art thou That PROPHET?

According to the Bible, Who is ELIAS, CHRIST & THAT PROPHET?
Ok I think is about time I step into this and stop this confusion that has been raging for a long while now, when the answer is simply in the scriptures. Now let's go back and quote the scriptures and explain it: John 1:19-21 NKJV
Now this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, "Who are you?" [20] He confessed, and did not deny, but confessed, "I am not the Christ." [21] And they asked him, "What then? Are you Elijah?" He said, "I am not." "Are you the Prophet?" And he answered, "No."
which you rightly quoted above, but the messiah is the same as the prophet because if you guys had bothered to read the gospel of John further you would have seen it right there in the same book, quoting again from the same John: John 6:14 NKJV
Then those men, when they had seen the sign that Jesus did, said, "This is truly the Prophet who is to come into the world."
You guys should stop this ur ignorant ranting and accept the fact that Mohammad (saw) was NEVER prophesied about in the bible. Shalom.
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by Mintayo(m): 12:51am On Dec 13, 2013
noblefada:
Ok I think is about time I step into this and stop this confusion that has been raging for a long while now, when the answer is simply in the scriptures. Now let's go back and quote the scriptures and explain it: John 1:19-21 NKJV
Now this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, "Who are you?" [20] He confessed, and did not deny, but confessed, "I am not the Christ." [21] And they asked him, "What then? Are you Elijah?" He said, "I am not." "Are you the Prophet?" And he answered, "No."
which you rightly quoted above, but the messiah is the same as the prophet because if you guys had bothered to read the gospel of John further you would have seen it right there in the same book, quoting again from the same John: John 6:14 NKJV
Then those men, when they had seen the sign that Jesus did, said, "This is truly the Prophet who is to come into the world."
You guys should stop this ur ignorant ranting and accept the fact that Mohammad (saw) was NEVER prophesied about in the bible. Shalom.
Mintayo:
John 1:45.
45. Philip findeth Nathaniel and said unto Him,we have found him,of whom Moses in the Law,and the prophets,did write,Jesus of Nazareth,the son of Joseph.
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by mahdino: 3:59am On Dec 13, 2013
noblefada:

Brother, are u saying that John the baptist whom your bible testify that there has never been one born of a woman as great as John, does not know the difference between Elais, Christ and the prophet? I know that u know that the Jews and John were talking of 3 different people. Now because the answer of the question is going to be Mohammad u don't want to accept it rather u prefer to call Jesus know a prophet, your God? Please use your God given intelligent and accept the truth. I don't know what the spirit is doing to u that u can't make out the difference between 3 and 2 this is simple basic english but if u don't want to respect John and the bible then u can as well say that Elais, Christ and the prophet are the same. U read in english but u understand the opposite of it. Jesus prophesied about u people that claim u are following him, "hearing they hear not, seeing they see not neither do they understand" if u love and respect Jesus u will keep the laws and commandment as he said in Matt 5:17 and follow the last and final messenger of God Mohammad as Jesus said when HE(Mohammad) comes shall guide u into all truth... John 16:12-14. If u want to examine that the spirit Jesus is refering to is a man check 1John 4:1-2
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by Emusan(m): 7:10am On Dec 13, 2013
harbiola1:
Is that the only thing u could see there eh?

Can't you see that Mintayo is accusing those people of delusion.

Of course I saw it all but the same conclusion with you people is what I put
pull out.
Mintayo has tried enough to make it clear for you but the ability to open your mind and tell yourself the truth is a problem.

70/100%. undecided

I see. If time and space could allow us to expantiate this 70/30 I believe 70 of it will be those verses that didn't support your book while the remain 30 will be those that do.

Anyway, the same thing happened in muhammad's time because he agreed that Bible contains a very dark prophecies. Sura 35:25 "And if they reject thee, so did their predecessors, to whom came their messengers with Clear Signs, Books of dark prophecies, and the Book of Enlightenment.

So keep living in dark prophecies of Bible while people have been helping you to put light on them. So that you won't end up the way Muhammad end his life.
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by Emusan(m): 7:16am On Dec 13, 2013
mahdino:

Brother, are u saying that John the baptist whom your bible testify that there has never been one born of a woman as great as John, does not know the difference between Elais, Christ and the prophet? I know that u know that the Jews and John were talking of 3 different people. Now because the answer of the question is going to be Mohammad u don't want to accept it rather u prefer to call Jesus know a prophet, your God? Please use your God given intelligent and accept the truth. I don't know what the spirit is doing to u that u can't make out the difference between 3 and 2 this is simple basic english but if u don't want to respect John and the bible then u can as well say that Elais, Christ and the prophet are the same. U read in english but u understand the opposite of it. Jesus prophesied about u people that claim u are following him, "hearing they hear not, seeing they see not neither do they understand" if u love and respect Jesus u will keep the laws and commandment as he said in Matt 5:17 and follow the last and final messenger of God Mohammad as Jesus said when HE(Mohammad) comes shall guide u into all truth... John 16:12-14. If u want to examine that the spirit Jesus is refering to is a man check 1John 4:1-2

The same old shi.t
you still blind not to see my post above about this.
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by mahdino: 7:41am On Dec 13, 2013
Emusan:

Of course I saw it all but the same conclusion with you people is what I put
pull out.
Mintayo has tried enough to make it clear for you but the ability to open your mind and tell yourself the truth is a problem.

I see. If time and space could allow us to expantiate this 70/30 I believe 70 of it will be those verses that didn't support your book while the remain 30 will be those that do.

Anyway, the same thing happened in muhammad's time because he agreed that Bible contains a very dark prophecies. Sura 35:25 "And if they reject thee, so did their predecessors, to whom came their messengers with Clear Signs, Books of dark prophecies, and the Book of Enlightenment.

So keep living in dark prophecies of Bible while people have been helping you to put light on them. So that you won't end up the way Muhammad end his life.

Why do u take Jesus as a prophet now, when we call him a prophet u say he is not, but ur God.

Ok, since u believe now that Jesus is a prophet then u should understand that at the time of every prophet there is a prophecy of the next prophet and a testimony of the present prophet, so if at the time of Jesus people testify that he is the prophet of that time, then why does he have to say that there is another coming? And why do the people search for another prophet.
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by Emusan(m): 8:53am On Dec 13, 2013
What are you saying, I can see you can't understand that my post.

mahdino:

Why do u take Jesus as a prophet now, when we call him a prophet u say he is not, but ur God.

No Christian we ever tell you that Jesus never play a role of a Prophet while on Earth. Even many people refers to Him as a prophet during His life time. The onious is on you people who try to place Him above against what your book claimed and later bring Him back to be the same person.

You can see this when Muslims are using Deu 18:15-18 to claim that People never believe that Jesus is a prophet (it means Muslims believed He is more than a prophet) but going to Quran He is purely prophet. Is this not a confusion?

Ok, since u believe now that Jesus is a prophet then u should understand that at the time of every prophet there is a prophecy of the next prophet and a testimony of the present prophet, so if at the time of Jesus people testify that he is the prophet of that time, then why does he have to say that there is another coming? And why do the people search for another prophet.

Muhammad say Bible contains a dark prophecies because the spirit of God never walked with him through out his ministry.

See the message of God to tell you that Muhammad doesn't receive his message from the God who spoke to Noah, Moses, Isaiah e.t.c
Numbers 12:6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
No prophet will ever come from God without having personal encounter or receive directly from God. Only Muhammad claim different! Food for thought for you.

Beside no time to waste on Holyspirit about being Muhammad or not because only a closed minded person can look at how many time the statements of Jesus about Holyspirit and still conclude muhammad fulfilled the prophecies.

Shalom!
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by harbiola1(m): 9:43am On Dec 13, 2013
Emusan:

See the message of God to tell you that Muhammad doesn't receive his message from the God who spoke to Noah, Moses, Isaiah e.t.c
Bro, Are you talking about the same God that cast delusion into the mind of John and said He is not ELIJAH contrary to Jesus that said John is ELIJAH?

[quote author=Emusan]
Numbers 12:6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

And God did not fulfil His promise in the case of Jesus so much so that the Jews would know who Jesus is.

Only Prophet Muhammed(saw) came to clearify who Jesus is even within those that claim to be Jesus' followers.

And when they want to talk, they would say Muhammed(saw) brought Jesus(as) to the level of a mere Prophet.
And now, they have no hide out than the statements of Prophet Muhammed(saw) that boldly stated that Jesus(as) is a Prophet whom the only One Almighty God sent.

Is Prophet Muhammed(saw) a Prophet?
Bible and Christians confirmed that He is.

*CASE CLOSED* lipsrsealed
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by noblefada: 1:27pm On Dec 13, 2013
Emusan:

The same old shi.t
you still blind not to see my post above about this.
You guys are very funny, you totally avoided the scriptures I quoted and those quoted by others and still maintain ur ignorant stance, smh and pls stop quoting John 16 for Muhammad because is not a spirit and dnt confused that with 1 John 4 because it was after the Spirit had come and let me educate u a bit the discussion in John 16 actually started from John 14. Very Sorry but you've been deceived!
Re: Bible Fulfilled Prophecies by noblefada: 1:29pm On Dec 13, 2013
harbiola1:
Bro, Are you talking about the same God that cast delusion into the mind of John and said He is not ELIJAH contrary to Jesus that said John is ELIJAH?

Very funny hw u clearly avoided my post, just smh. Sorry friend you've been deceived!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What I Saw On My Way From Church Today (photo) / Your marriage and your Ancestry. By Dr D.K . Olukoya. / Ooni Of Ife Worships Orisa Ososi At Ile Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.