Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,668 members, 7,889,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 02:32 AM

How Do You Cope With Loneliness? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Cope With Loneliness? (4362 Views)

Ladies, How Do You Cope With Insensitive Husbands? / I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court / Bearded Ladies, How Do You Cope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Scopium: 6:18pm On Apr 25, 2008
[size=13pt]I play ma music and day dream grin grin[/size]
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Nwaka77: 6:34pm On Apr 26, 2008
I have no idea since I am never lonely. As a matter of fact, I barely have time for myself. I suggest you read a book, watch movies at home, go to events, try out new recipes, something! There is so much out there to do.
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Rlst84sale(m): 10:31pm On May 30, 2008
Have u tried joining a gym or health club? that might help too. I think the another thing that can make a person feel lonely and can't do much about it is if there is no money to hang out or go out and do things that Goodness this is not your case. I also supposed that you have learnt your lessons by now when God blesses you with a good relationship next time you would work harder to keep it. I only said that because there are 2 sides to every story. You did not tell us why the guy walked out, this is not to say that it was your fault either but just to touch on that lightly.
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by otokx(m): 10:49pm On May 30, 2008
Try speaking in tongues
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Cayon(f): 1:26am On May 31, 2008
maybe you are depressed and you don't know.
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Nobody: 1:28am On May 31, 2008
See you ppl worrying abt loneliness. when you have a baby to babysit eh, you'll be happy with every loneliness you get by grin
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by onyinye2(f): 1:35am On May 31, 2008
Why dont you pick up a hobby or help out in the community. there is always something to do when you are feeling lonely or bored.
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by liquid7: 1:45am On May 31, 2008
As someone a few years younger then you and a man i can say i already feel the dire need for a companion .
I suggest you go out there and find someone or hook up with internet dating.We are social creatures and we need partners.
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Xiomarra: 4:00am On May 31, 2008
Not been lonely since I was in my mother's uterus! cool

Too much going on in my life to be lonely.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Nobody: 4:08am On May 31, 2008
I like staying alone. . .doesn't mean I'm lonely tongue

Listen to music, read novels, play with your hair or something, you won't get lonely.
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by 4Him1(m): 4:15am On May 31, 2008
stillwater:

I like staying alone. . .doesn't mean I'm lonely tongue

Listen to music, read novels, play with your hair or something, you won't get lonely.

definitely still live with ur parents eh. tongue
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Nobody: 4:24am On May 31, 2008
So? tongue
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by 4Him1(m): 4:28am On May 31, 2008
stillwater:

So? tongue

nothing. wink
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by liftedone(f): 8:37am On May 31, 2008
Please get over the ex, first and foremost. You need to get over all the "I just don't know what to do with myself cos I have been doing everything for two". I know this is tough, but it's the first step you have to take. Rebuild your self esteem. Since he walked out with another woman, this can be a great challenge for you and your self worth could have been severely dented. You may be suffering from depression as well. Get some help books that will help you to deal with this or seek Christian counselling. I know this helps. A lot of people have given some very wonderful suggestions here.  You must begin to look forward. Please don't let your age be a barrier to rebuilding your life. You may be thinking you made a mistake, you could have done some things differently to keep him, bla bla bla. That kind of thinking will not help your cause. I am a woman who's been where you are and I had to jumpstart my life again almost immediately after he walked. Please, sweetheart, your life is worth living and there is a better tomorrow. Don't stay in a rot. Get your life back. Email if you want to talk more privately. Wishing you the best because that's what you deserve.
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by liftedone(f): 12:12am On Jun 01, 2008
Also read this book: Sassy, Single & Satisfied by Michelle Mckinney Hammond. It helped me loads and got me into her books. You can be happy now.
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by brightmaya(m): 8:26am On Jun 09, 2008
baby i think u need to 4get past and forge ahead to enjoy the little life hsa given you instead of dying out of LONELINESS. I sincerly encourage u to get a befiting young guy get free from the prison of LONELINESS. GOODLUCK.
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by GEW: 12:31pm On Aug 14, 2009
loneliness one ugly demon
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Fiona0007: 2:11pm On Aug 14, 2009
@poster

Try to invest time in your hobbies. Start a new hobby if you haven't got one. Keep yourself on your toes and always welcome changes and new things in life. Make new friends and hang out with old friends too. Help others because it can be more rewarding than feeling pity for yourself.
You will find yourself too busy to feel lonely.
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Fhemmmy: 3:48pm On Aug 14, 2009
Be a lion and get rid of the lioness
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by soreola(f): 11:18pm On May 03, 2010
Since u pray I would guess u r christian (well, or muslim), And as one I don't think remarry should b an option (my personal opinion), and u kno what, I'm a lot younger but I know what u mean, I'm an introvert just like u an I'm startin to open up a bit, but since u have already been married and may have been expecting to have been raising a child why not adopt one, I would personally love to do that some day but you should do that, u would have something to do and wouldn't be lonely, I mean there are lots of children motherless children out there, u should also try to be involved in ur church or local community, Find out the things u like and as many people have said join a club or a group, God bless
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Outstrip(f): 1:05am On May 04, 2010
Find something to do. Find a hobby. Travel. Date. If you have a creative mind you can come up with all kinds of projects to keep you busy. Take a class in your local college. Is there something that you were always curious about then take a class in it. Have you been interested in playing a musical instrument then get a tutor and learn how to play. Don't let the loneliness eat you up. Who says you have to be married with 100 children right now. Have fun girlfriend. Things could be much worse. Where are you located by the way
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by meyri: 5:10am On May 08, 2010
Try something new. Meet new people. Force yourself to get out of a routine and surprise yourself. Never forget your family and friends. This what I do to cope with loneliness.
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by zebra543: 5:15am On May 08, 2010
Lonliness isnt a disease you have to begin to learn how to enjoy your own company
everyone needs time alone to reflect its the best time to think clearly and thoroughly
but the best thing is to get closer to your family- family time is never wasted
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by OneLuvNja(f): 2:07am On May 09, 2010
otokx:

Try speaking in tongues

True talk.
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by tlops(m): 7:28pm On Jan 31, 2011
how is it going luvchild
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by harakiri(m): 8:33pm On Jan 31, 2011
@poster. . . Get a PS3 and some good games e.g God of War 3 and your life will never be the same again. You can also play with people all over the world with a great internet connection. Cheers.
Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by harakiri(m): 8:36pm On Jan 31, 2011
Blaise Pascal once said : The misery of man starts with the inability to sit still in a room and enjoy solitude.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 31, 2011
People are posting on this thread when it is possible d poster has found a patner and no longer lonely smh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? / My Mother Said She Will Disown Me If I Marry My Fiancé / What Would Your Reaction Be If Your Wife Serve You Meal Like This: Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.