Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,087 members, 7,970,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 07:05 AM

In the Spirit of Mandela: Volunteer To Save Nigeria In Your Little Corner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In the Spirit of Mandela: Volunteer To Save Nigeria In Your Little Corner (442 Views)

APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics / #throwback Picture Of Mandela, Jnr Martin Luther And Nnamdi Kanu...photo Speaks / Nigeria Airbrushed Out Of Mandela’s Life Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In the Spirit of Mandela: Volunteer To Save Nigeria In Your Little Corner by Justoc: 5:56pm On Dec 07, 2013
In the light of all our elder African brothers (being represented today by Nelson Mandela) who chose to suffer to bring freedom to their people, we call on all well-meaning Nigerians (especially youths) who have the heart and courage to make a change in this country to rise up.
To achieve the Nigeria we want, we must make a conscious effort (not faith only: E go better; It shall be well etc) but faith and good work, planning and setting realistic goals.
Are you tired of the state of things in this country?
Do you have that heart and courage to make a change?
Are you selfless, always thinking about the good of the people and not only for yourself alone?
Do you take every citizen, irrespective of tribe, religion and status as your brother/sister?
Are you ready to sacrifice (even a little) or suffer (as little as you can endure) for the good of our people?
If Mandela, Oliver Tambo, Walter Sisulu and all our South African elder brothers did it, then, I think WE CAN!
It starts from YOU.
Are you ready? To be realistic, lets start from simplest sacrifice (We can take bigger challenges later on in the struggle)

THE RULE
Make a promise to yourself and in Nairaland the little thing you can do for a better Nigeria

THE CHALLENGE
In any case you fail in your promise, do not get discouraged. The fact is that the promise is not little as you think. Just come to Nairaland and tell us what made you fail. Members are expected to encourage you, suggest way out and NEVER to criticize you for your weakness. We will encourage you and you may take up the same or another promise, if you desire.

DISCLAIMER
I no be politician. Just tired of the mess in the country
Re: In the Spirit of Mandela: Volunteer To Save Nigeria In Your Little Corner by Justoc: 6:00pm On Dec 07, 2013
I VOLUNTEER (MY PROMISE)
1. I promise not to throw pure water sachet on the street or into gutter. I rather hold it my hand or put in my bag until I get home or see a proper place to dispose it
(……Think I can fulfill this…)
2. I promise not to pay additional N20 when buying fuel for my I-pass-my-neighbour
(these filling station attendants always put N280 fuel in my jerrycan while I pay them N300. Another neighbourhood corruption they call jerry can fee) (…..I hope fight no go burst if I insist they fill the can. I’m not a fighting person…lol)
3. I promise to follow procedure as much as in my knowledge and no more bribe, while getting documents from government.
(…hope I will be able to fulfill this…Last time I got my Int’l passport, I paid somebody to help…pls Nairalanders forgive me. I sin no more…)
4. I promise not to give police bribe
5. (Wahala dey…I kept this promise last time they caught me learning how to drive with a company car. I was with my Instructor with my Learners permit on a street they said is One-Way, more of a trap than a One-way traffic...I refuse to give them something and they took me to station to charge me to court…I cried that day no be small…The fear of prison…After every every I no give them the bribe and the company lawyer came to pick the company car). God help me for this.
Re: In the Spirit of Mandela: Volunteer To Save Nigeria In Your Little Corner by Justoc: 6:03pm On Dec 07, 2013
You can suggest any better way. The aim is for a better Nigeria. Another person who is passionate about a change in Nigeria can take this up and further it to a bigger dream........I believe it will come to reality one day. And in our time.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Urged To Compel Corrupt Ministers To Resign. / Boko-haram Threatens To Attack The United States / Supreme Court Discharges PDP Chieftain Bodegeorge Of Corruption Conviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.