Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,391 members, 7,881,416 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:04 PM

Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? (74460 Views)

Which E-commerce Company Deliver Faster -SWIFTHA, KONGA Or JUMIA / 6 Steps To Selling More Online Using An Ecommerce Website Like Konga Or Jumia / Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 10, 2013
Lucky you.. I know for certain mine won't be fulfilled and I just want to see if they set a world record of undelivered orders. .
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by HOPE8888(m): 8:07pm On Dec 10, 2013
Hmmmmmm.... @ShopKonga please, please and please refund my money or are you guys planning to put leg on it??
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by akintun: 10:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
I thought Konga had problems with their internal software, but from wat I have been reading I think they might either have few but important issues with their software or dey grew so fast that, they couldn't keep up logistically. All big western Internet companies actually had these sort of issues when they started.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 11:53pm On Dec 10, 2013
Had a very nasty experience with DHL today, trying to return the remnants of the rubbish Konga sent to me.

I do not know how many customer care agents Kong has but I spoke with 5! and burnt my N750 recharge card ontop the defective rubbish they gave me.

End of the day, I made an enemy at the DHL office, threw away another of the items and cursed Konga the more. Rubbish online store angry
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by sammieguze(m): 8:04am On Dec 11, 2013
Well... The power of speaking up, had a customer yesterday who says he wrk at consumer protection council while we were dicussing dix issue. Ve done him a few favrs nd he is tryin to reeturn it. Asked me to write a letter if i dnt get delivery of it on monday morning. Jst happy i got sumone willin to fyt d case since i cn do little or ntn bout it. Jst thinking.... If anybody else is interested, frwrd ur order numner in a complaint letter to my email, sammieguze@yahoo.com or sammieuze@gmail.com
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ifyalways(f): 9:22am On Dec 11, 2013
@OP,Hope and Voltron why not follow/send NLD email/PM to shopkonga guy? I sent him a PM ,he replied and assured me that everything would be sorted and in as much as I haven't got the remote I got apology calls from Konga and dispatch rider. Plus a freebie in my wallet.

@Gboliwe, sorrry. Next time when you call and the call gets into the fifth minute,tell them to ring you back. You are the client, not them.

@konga,whoever is uploading women dresses on your site needs to sit up! Most of the advertised dresses are "out of stock" . If its not in stock then please remove it. Its not cool to waste your time searching then you think you've seen something you like,click to buy and then its out of stock.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 11, 2013
ifyalways: @OP,Hope and Voltron why not follow/send NLD email/PM to shopkonga guy? I sent him a PM ,he replied and assured me that everything would be sorted and in as much as I haven't got the remote I got apology calls from Konga and dispatch rider. Plus a freebie in my wallet.

@Gboliwe, sorrry. Next time when you call and the call gets into the fifth minute,tell them to ring you back. You are the client, not them.

@konga,whoever is uploading women dresses on your site needs to sit up! Most of the advertised dresses are "out of stock" . If its not in stock then please remove it. Its not cool to waste your time searching then you think you've seen something you like,click to buy and then its out of stock.

Good of you to keep hope alive, but i have already lost hope. I bet you all on this thread that by January 2014 Konga will not have delivered my order to me. We shall come back to this thread and re-visit the issue. PEACE
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Laeroy(f): 11:10am On Dec 11, 2013
After waiting for two weeks and spending my airtime in calling their clueless customer care reps.....a guy from konga told me the item isn't available and that they,ll refund my money to me......what rubbish...I wonder why I was fooled into buying into their yakata scam....true true awuf dey run belle...Bleep Konga.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by HOPE8888(m): 11:17am On Dec 11, 2013
Laeroy: After waiting for two weeks and spending my airtime in calling their clueless customer care reps.....a guy from konga told me the item isn't available and that they,ll refund my money to me......what rubbish...I wonder why I was fooled into buying into their yakata scam....true true awuf dey run belle...Bleep Konga.

My sister, expect your refund next year
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 11, 2013
ifyalways:
Your site is not user friendly at all. I tried buying there once the stress was too much jare.

Btw,don't hijack this thread. Its for Konga and Jumai.

Its not my site.
Just wanted to tell you you could try them too.

I think shopping has been made easy now.
They bring those stores that you already know and love to you and then that guarantees quality.

Anyway dont mean to hijack the thread but has anyone else tried www.buyam.com.ng?
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 11, 2013
voltron:

Good of you to keep hope alive, but i have already lost hope. I bet you all on this thread that by January 2014 Konga will not have delivered my order to me. We shall come back to this thread and re-visit the issue. PEACE

well what d'ya know.. just got my order delivered.. but this is the last time i try this kind of play with Konga or any Nigerian Store for that matter..
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 12:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
ifyalways: @OP,Hope and Voltron why not follow/send NLD email/PM to shopkonga guy? I sent him a PM ,he replied and assured me that everything would be sorted and in as much as I haven't got the remote I got apology calls from Konga and dispatch rider. Plus a freebie in my wallet.

Those CC reps are as clueless as someone said above. I will talk with one endlessly and they would say I should hold on, foolish me, I will hold on only for them to cut me off when they realise they are incompetent. I will call back and another more incompetent rep will pick and I'll start my story all over again, again I will be asked to hold on, foolish me, I will agree. The circle was that way till I had it and had to just come to terms with my loss. Like I already said, its bye bye to that very useless Konga. Next time, I will prefer to crawl if I can't walk to a shop where I will see, test,pay and leave with my products. Ist impression sticks a lot.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ADUNOKIKI(f): 12:28pm On Dec 11, 2013
To me both are the same, because I had experience with both, just that one is more bitter.
When I wanted to buy my blackberry Q5 I order from Konga, but choose an option of pay on delivery, the next day the customer care officer called me and I was happy when he said I am calling from Konga I thought he is outside my house with the goods, initially I have received a confirmation email from them for the order. Only to tell me it's out of stock, I was annoyed and told him to cancel the order.
The next day I went to slot limited in computer village to buy the phone even for a lesser price. While at Slot, I received a call I am calling from Konga "we are in your area now to deliver the phone". I told him it's too late. But I ask my self where the phone arrived at Konga from in less than a day after they said they are out of stock a night before. The good thing is that it's pay on delivery, my money isn't stuck and I can bluff.
As for Jumai, another sad tale else they prove me wrong today. I ordered for Digital camera I paid online on the 29th November as I write I am yet to receive the product O, and today is the eight working day(11th nov). When I receive the product I will post it here, that's if I even receive it cos I am loosing faith. But I noticed something in jumai- if you see a good worth 2naira after some minute if you refresh the web page, the price will change to 6 naira. I noticed that during the black Friday stuff. They may even say out of stock. Out of stock when the owner hasn't received his or her good. The two (Jumai and Konga) needs to improve.
Above all I learnt a good lesson from them, only pay when the good is delivered because they are only after money and not customer satisfaction.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by rubi96(f): 2:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
ShopKonga: Hi,

To all our dear customers we sincerely apologize for any delays you have experienced with your orders recently, we are committed to maintaining the high standards of delivery and communication you are used to.

We appreciate customer feedback at all levels as it helps us become a better company and improve on our service delivery.

We are seriously hard at work in ensuring prompt delivery and EXPECT to deliver all late orders by Wednesday, 11th. We appreciate your understanding.
i want to cancel my order and i've already paid through master card. reason is that i'm leaving lagos on tuesday nextweek and my order is still at the warehouse stage. how do i go about it.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Machini(m): 11:25pm On Dec 11, 2013
Machini:

Finally my fears have crystallized. Just decided to check the status of my order and found out that it has been cancelled since wednesday! And nobody even cared to inform me despite the fact that I paid instantly with my mastercard. Someone needs to sue these guys.

Ok. So finally I got my money today. 77k no b beans oo. Thank God.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by HOPE8888(m): 11:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
At last my money has been refunded... It was a bad xperience for me cos during the process of buying goods from konga;
- I spent a lot of airtime in calling them;
- I received 3 days suspension for calling during working hours;
- Yet my order was cancelled;
- I was being lied to by their yeye customer officers.
Anyway bye bye to konga;
Bye bye to online shopping.
By the way, how can I delete my konga's account??... So tired of their mails.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by cupid4ig(m): 11:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
Still waiting for my order they emailed me that they shipped my order on the 6th bn Friday today is 11th and no show. When I check my account wha I see is under warehouse process
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 4:53pm On Dec 12, 2013
Got a mail early this morning from Konga's Ruby Chuku. She apologised and instructed me to take the stuff back to DHL as they have been authorised to take it from me.

Left Dhl at about 3pm without my stuff.
I will keep the house updated. Hope I dont get to sue them tongue
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by cupid4ig(m): 5:46pm On Dec 12, 2013
Ok guys finally, I got a call from ups express in the morning telling me I have a package from konga. If I would like him to bring it to my house or if I should come to their office I told him I will come because it might take them another 2days to come my house lol. Leta went to their office and pick up the package and pay them. Galaxy note
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Belexy(m): 7:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
Mehn....so glad i saw this thread today. Just signed up wt Konga.com and about to order some xmas stuff, but wt all the negative comments on here, i've changed my mind.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Belexy(m): 7:19pm On Dec 12, 2013
ShopKonga: Hi,

To all our dear customers we sincerely apologize for any delays you have experienced with your orders recently, we are committed to maintaining the high standards of delivery and communication you are used to.

We appreciate customer feedback at all levels as it helps us become a better company and improve on our service delivery.

We are seriously hard at work in ensuring prompt delivery and EXPECT to deliver all late orders by Wednesday, 11th. We appreciate your understanding.

With all the negative reviews here, im so glad i didnt make the mistake of buying any product frm u. Im really shocked reading all the comments...... And to tink dat i actually just signed up on ur site in order to purchase.....
U pple really need to improve on ur services.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by blank(f): 8:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
Belexy:

With all the negative reviews here, im so glad i didnt make the mistake of buying any product frm u. Im really shocked reading all the comments...... And to tink dat i actually just signed up on ur site in order to purchase.....
U pple really need to improve on ur services.

Don't change your mind, just pay on delivery. and do not expect swift service from them. Its all
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by sadeeeeeeq: 10:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
After two weeks of purchase,no delivery yet.2day make it day 15 since 29th Nov.under warehouse process over a week and u call dis services.Hell No, its poor customer experience
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ruthy28(f): 7:45am On Dec 14, 2013
I love online shopping cause its convenient but konga has made me hate It, could u believe I placed and order since nov and I still haven't gotten it, den I got a call yesterday dat my order was finally goin to be delivered only 4 me to stay home all day and no one came. Dey have very bad customer service. I was goin to switch over to jumia but with what I've read so far I think am goin to go back to buyin from d shops
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 14, 2013
ruthy28: I love online shopping cause its convenient but konga has made me hate It, could u believe I placed and order since nov and I still haven't gotten it, den I got a call yesterday dat my order was finally goin to be delivered only 4 me to stay home all day and no one came. Dey have very bad customer service. I was goin to switch over to jumia but with what I've read so far I think am goin to go back to buyin from d shops

Try www.buyam.com.ng
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ifyalways(f): 12:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
My konga staff of the month is Ifeanyi Abraham. He talks,he delivers. On point!

If half of Konga staff is like him,they'll keep having happy customers.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by shevon: 12:24pm On Dec 15, 2013
Does anybody know where Konga's new warehouse is in Isolo?
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by sadeeeeeeq: 12:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
Who Is Ifeanyi .dey are bird of d same feather.i have called konga within 2weeks wit d money I can equivalently use to call my fiancé and families for a year,yet dey haven't perform.item under warehouse process over a week.may God deliva me frm dis 1.i promise nt to eva shop online wit naija peepz again.once again if u sabi any memba or managent staff of konga.tell dem i still await my item afta 2weeks failed delivery.i regret paying b4 delivery
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ifyalways(f): 3:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
sadeeeeeeq: Who Is Ifeanyi .dey are bird of d same feather.i have called konga within 2weeks wit d money I can equivalently use to call my fiancé and families for a year,yet dey haven't perform.item under warehouse process over a week.may God deliva me frm dis 1.i promise nt to eva shop online wit naija peepz again.once again if u sabi any memba or managent staff of konga.tell dem i still await my item afta 2weeks failed delivery.i regret paying b4 delivery
No, Ifeanyi Abraham is different. Like you,I bought and paid from my e-wallet before delivery so I was kind of crazy when it seems my order has been forgotten. When I try to track my order,the feedback I get was "under warehouse process" but when I call konga CC,they say my order has been shipped.

Its crazy,I know. Try send a PM to user "shopkonga"
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 3:46pm On Dec 15, 2013
You people- Ifyalways, Hope8888, machini, voltron etal should remember me in your private prayers, that Konga will return my order in perfect working condition in this new week.

I no fit shout!
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 16, 2013
Gboliwe: You people- Ifyalways, Hope8888, machini, voltron etal should remember me in your private prayers, that Konga will return my order in perfect working condition in this new week.

I no fit shout!

Let us hope that they give you original goods, my Angel by Theirry Mugler is suspect.. had to give it out. that is the last time i shop online in Nigeria shops.

1: No Assurance you are getting Original (Non-Refurbished) goods
2: Unbelievably Long Delays in Delivery
3: Inaccurate inventory of items available for purchase
4: Poor feedback and follow-up from Customer Service online and offline

Lessons learned "You get what you pay for"
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ifyalways(f): 1:18pm On Dec 16, 2013
Gboliwe,how far? Lol

Voltron,some of the points you listed is worthy of note. The delay in shipping is amazing. I still have things that I paid for with my e-wallet yet to be delivered,its 6 days now but guess what? I ordered a shoe on friday night,used pay on delivery option and it was delivered on saturday(next day). The bigger shocker- I ordered for a phone last night,used pay on delivery option,then ordered a dress and paid with my e-wallet. they just called to say they want to deliver the phone while the things I paid upfront with e-wallet is still "under warehouse process". I told the courier guy to go to HELL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

APIN: Kano Footwear Factory That Produces 1.2 Million Pairs Daily / Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer / Dangote Refinery Installs Largest Single Crude Distillation Column - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.