Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,788 members, 7,879,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 06:19 PM

Worst Nigerian Website - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Worst Nigerian Website (5185 Views)

Facebook Is Trying To Kill Facekobo.com - A Nigerian Website / Most Nigerian Website Owners Allow Their Domains To Expire: Why? / Help Us Build the Best Nigerian Website Directory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Nigerian Website by CimonJorr(m): 3:03pm On Oct 03, 2005
the nigerian observer..

not good at all...
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by exago(m): 9:14pm On Oct 04, 2005
Neco's site seems to be the WORST, it's like a Nightmare. I run a cybercafe as one arm of our business, and the letdowns we have been getting are kind of discouraging.
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by adesodgi(m): 8:49am On Oct 07, 2005
the nuc is a damn thng to log on,sure a pregnant woman must not log in the web,her baby would not probably be a computer literate,it takes a century to boost and finally u xpect to see something worth the time,only to be disapointed wen it appears..sucks
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by loveth(f): 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2005
i am surporting Charlisco cos i have the same experience.
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by Farriel(m): 8:48pm On Oct 07, 2005
Hmm, you all really seem to hate NECO's site.
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by joftech(m): 11:26pm On Oct 07, 2005
The graphical desgin and layout of NECO's website is 100% OK IMO. What's really giving them a bad name is the infrastructure that support the site i.e. bandwidth, server processing speed.

i will suggest this as a way out of their current pridcament:

1.) They should try and get 3 servers/site (separate hardware i mean here) that will cater for the 3 geopolitical zone. so they will have URLs like nzregistration.neconigeria.org, szregistration.neconigeria.org, ezregistration.neconigeria.org.

2.) They should try and make use of client side processing instead of the all ASP page they have got. Some smart client-side scriptings will remove/reduce the fraustrations users are experinencing.
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by soromidayo: 3:25pm On Oct 26, 2005
well wu saya rythm is good abeg go to d website ans see for ur self d site is useless

well i think rythm is d worstest site i've eva login 2 all d thins their is cooming soon wen will dey come finish
since march dey've being coming soon na wa o
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by snazzydawn(f): 2:43pm On Feb 06, 2006
anyone seen www.naijaryders.com ?
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by charlisco(m): 10:52am On Feb 07, 2006
yes i have seen it, it is not as friendly navigated as NL, i tried to find a post but i keep roaming around that same homepage
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by beyunce(f): 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2006
So far Nairaland is diffinately not in my list.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by Cactus(m): 3:39pm On Apr 08, 2006
www.kwenu.com = clumsy, language of article difficult to read/understand, layout hew

www.guardiannewsngr.com = first the original website was ngrguardiannews.com don't know why they moved ngr to the back makes no difference, emaili addies still reflect the ngrguardiannews.com, so many broken links, incomplete services

www.enownow.com = allegedly a nigerian search engine, well no original technology implemented basing off google, inconsistent layout from section to section.

I actually mailed enownow and kwenu on redesigning and improvements but I guess they r scared. I have come across enumerable wish i could remember all
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by joftech(m): 2:57pm On Apr 09, 2006
enownow does not reflect Naija image at all. I wonder why they are even calling themself Nigeria's Yahoo.

They need to work their own game, and stop copying Yahoo and others
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by Orikinla(m): 5:18pm On Apr 10, 2006
You are all very funny Nigerians!

You are seeing the worst Nigerian websites and before your very eyes are the awesome opportunities to contact the owners and offer your expert services to revamp their sites and make money.

Seun should be smiling to the bank with more cash from Turn-Around-Maintenance (TAM) of bad Nigerian websites.

Genevieve is still spending some good money to improve her cool website and the contractors are making more money. She asked for opinions and I contributed and why I like her a lot is her humility to admit the truth. I told her to change a picture and she did and the new picture is better.

More Nollywood stars need websites and my cousin Emeka Enyiocha has told me to contact a web designer to set up one for him. And I have gone ahead to contact an American.

Seun can organize a "Websites For Stars" Workshop in Lagos for the benefit of Nollywood stars and before you you know it, 1,000 stars will be willing to pay Nairaland to design websites for them.

Contact the owners and make money from the opportunities.

Is Seun not an expert in web design?
Nairaland shoud be naira-loaded.
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by tomtom2: 7:09pm On May 11, 2006
Joftech and Cactus, I work for Enownow.com . I joined a couple of months ago.

Enownow.com is Nigeria's first seriously funded locally based website. It belongs to the entire Nigerian Internet community. We know we have problems. And, believe it or not, the biggest of these problems is local manpower. If you want to criticise it, it would be best if done constructively.

As the Orikinla noted, if a site has issues you should see it as business opportunity and a challenge to actualise corrections.

I don't know whom you contacted, but if you are serious and you could come to our office in Ikoyi, The address is right there on the site, I can assure you you will be amazed that you might walk out with a handsome deal. Of couse this is if you are worth it. One is not talking of little criticisms or some shallow help but, you know, heavy stuff like Content Management Systems.

Incidentally, we posted a job position here for the past two weeks to no serious response.

One caveat though, we are not just looking for anybody. We want people who do not simply know the Internet (PHP, Flash, page layout etc) but also know about Internet business- how money is made from the Net. We have found that most people who come to us only know the technical side and even then nothing impressive.
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by beyunce(f): 9:37pm On May 11, 2006
i dont know the name of this site but i know it looks exactly like Nwoke(Seun's) own.
The site sucks badly.
And guess wat a fellow nairaland member own it.
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by seundit(m): 7:22am On May 17, 2006
The worst website i have ever seen since i have been browsing all my life is www.neconigeria.org the page is never found by the web browser. well as we always say "e go beta oo"
cheesy cheesy
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by brushparke(m): 7:22pm On May 21, 2006
take a look at www.nigerianpolice.org no site can be this bad
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by dovee1(m): 11:02pm On Jun 16, 2006
I just want you to try http//www.waeconline.org.ng You will be shocked.The site is just too inefficient.
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by lukkie(m): 4:42pm On Jun 25, 2006
the worst website interms of layout, content etc is
www.unionbankng.com
in fact, its horrible, & am ashamed of the bank. u just have 2 c it. in fact, it can compete for the worst in the world.

u can also check www.gbclimited.com
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 25, 2006
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by dovee1(m): 2:52am On Jun 27, 2006
it is www.jamb.org.ng try and find out for yourself,the site if just too frustrating, From my own point of view,going online is not a must.
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by fortuneay(m): 7:23pm On Feb 28, 2007
well the site has been fucking up all is while.WWW.JAMB.ORG.NG/we dont even know what to du.I believe that there would be some candidates that will find it difficult to register till the registration ends
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by file(m): 2:24am On Mar 08, 2007
U na noe sabi.d worst and worstest site na www.jamb.org.ng.They just a pain in the butt!!!It is not necessary for them to go internet.just disastrou, man pikin don waste money no be small.
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by ILOEGBE(f): 9:59am On Mar 08, 2007
i think the jamb website is the worst i have seen so far. i have been trying to register my younger brother for the past two weeks without success. if they are not ready for this kind of innovation i think they should go back to selling forms instead of frustrating pple. am so pissed with them. angry sad
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by cuju: 10:24am On Jun 26, 2007
http://www.nuc.edu.ng/
Yeah, It is really bad.
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by barin24(m): 8:50pm On Jun 26, 2007
me think its dat macdonald site, simply put; AWFUL, ! embarassed
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by kris(m): 8:39am On Jun 28, 2007
This is no player hating, but abeg make una also add http://oasisoflove.com/
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by knotty(m): 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2007
nigeria customs website is another thing totally. they report about customs clearing procedure based on information from Google. their Circulars still reflect Preshipment Inspection days.
right now, you canhardly find it anywhere, well i can`t seem to find it anymore.

maybe, it became a contraband and they promtly seized it
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by Elgaxton(m): 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2007
O'l boy!

Na Notepad dem take design NUC website o! Kai!
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by mayur4real(m): 3:08am On Jul 19, 2007
although i am a new user to this site (nairaland) , yes this is a nice site to me cos f the information i do hear from friends and lovers most expecially about this postjamb info that i do see . i really appreciate!! cry cry cry

ABOUT WHAT SEE ON NECO SITE

TO ME

Neco's site pretend to be the best but it is somehow WORST ,

pls if you see any informtion on unad of futa ume pls mail me on mayoo4u2love@yahoo.com or pls call me <mayowa > on 08080676323, thanks
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by akanze: 2:10pm On Jul 19, 2007
You know this post is implicating.

What were u thinking when you made this post.

I got no site to post, I dont want to fall into trouble
Re: Worst Nigerian Website by ayobase(m): 4:35pm On Aug 21, 2008
have u seen www.ajod.gq.nu?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger / How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? / How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.