Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,445 members, 7,911,086 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 02:20 AM

Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG (11791 Views)

Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS / Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria / The Top 10 US States With The Highest HIV/STD Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by kpolli(m): 5:21pm On Dec 10, 2013
All those PH girls.... I have been saying it since
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by Tekzyflex(m): 5:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
Now I knw Gej doest mean well for Rivers people...time to support Ameachi
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 10, 2013
What position is Benue State occupying
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by chanita: 7:31pm On Dec 10, 2013
Incredible.me:
The least we can do is work towards reducing the rate of PLWHA or even eradicating HIV, but rather we are seeing politics in everything, and scrambling 4 positions.

Wit TASLY, HIV will be a thing of d past. TRY TASLY,TASTE TASLY at least 4 a minimum of 4 wks & go 4 test, u will be declared negative. Bt u nid 2 go thru d treatment 4 a minimum of 6 mths 2 eradicate it completly from ur system.

Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by zomoears(m): 8:19pm On Dec 10, 2013
dominique: Benue, Adamawa now Rivers. Why do the states keep changing every year, do the PLWHA keep migrating or what? Benue that used to be ridiculed as an HIV ridden state is not even in the top 3 states of PLWHA. I don't know what to make of all these inconsistencies.

U best bliv these stats. They r a true reflection of d current state of things. Those ppl that manipulate figures to ridicule helpless states have nw been brought to shame. I neva blivd Akwa Ibom, or Benue, or even Adamawa had d highest prevalence.where is Edo in this stats? Next year they will also feature prominently, especially now that these stats r been protected from manipulation.
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by jacksonsamuel: 8:19pm On Dec 10, 2013
North de suprise me ooo shocked
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by Afrok(m): 8:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
It seems d figures ar changing nd states ar been selected regionally, wondering which state will take d barton from Rivers state, may be Lagos state... But condom no cost na, why d increase in d statistics of PLWHA when there is increase in d supply of condom? Just curious...
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by Kingjamesella(m): 11:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
Ms_Steph: Yea. Benue state can rest from insults now
my state is free nw
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by presido400: 12:20am On Dec 11, 2013
n doubt..rivers especialy ph city na sin city on is own
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by goodgood2(m): 7:07am On Dec 11, 2013
me_for_you: this rivers figures looks very political. from 3.1 to 15.2?
If you've stayed in port Harcourt before, you wouldn't be surprised. The way young men who make silly money behave is shameful- they f.uck every thing in skirt. The brothels, like the one in azikiwe street, mile 2, are on the road side, and it's quite shameful how prostitutes display things without shame.
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by lordfalcao(m): 8:09am On Dec 11, 2013
Kingjamesella: my state is free nw
your state is free no mean say HIV no day am
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by Dannylux: 5:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
Donalð Genes:
That's why it's good to go for your HIV test- I and my family did ours, esp Redeem Christian church here in Ph, Rumukwuta branch- all of us tested Negative....in fact we do all manners of test...all negative even our Blood pressure monthly...All thanks to God for His protection..but so far, our family are not used to flirting, we'are discipline, my girlfriend did hers in Uyo, still negative, and she is quite discipline as well, i guess it pays not to be phucking around, be a one-boyfriend-one-girlfriend kinda person..that's my message

that's Cool. Man gotta be careful. #YOLO

-VE too. cheesy
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by naijafresh: 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
What is the benefit, real or perceived of publishing false results to make one state look bad over the other in the HIV 'stakes'?
As fellow NLanders have pointed out there is no financial incentive to do so.

Please try and reason before crying foul, lest you fall into the same category of people of dubious reasoning and logic who insist that 9/11 never happened, the holocaust was propaganda or HIV doesn't exist and if it does was caused by the white man.

Anyone who understands medical statistics knows there are a variety of reasons for results such as these. Medical statistics in their raw form hardly have a political agenda but as we can see here can rapidly be politicised or tribalised.

The medical world understands that the incidence of HIV is vastly under reported especially in countries like Nigeria where there is poor access to healthcare and ignorance among the masses.
No one will ever know the true incidence of HIV unless we test everyone in Nigeria, an impossible feat. So we can only extrapolate.

The true incidence of HIV in Nigeria is probably somewhere around 15% as has been seen in Rivers state where there is an active program of proactive testing and this 'high' figure is probably as a result of better access to tests rather than a reflection of promiscuity in the state so do not be deceived. There are areas of Nigeria concentrated in the large cities where promiscuity is at the same level of port Harcourt so do not be deceived and think that HIV prevalence is low in your area and you're therefore safe.

The sexual habits of Nigerians cut across boundaries, ie promiscuity is everywhere. Location, religion and ethnicity have no major role to play in these statistics. The fact you're a Muslim or Christian does not protect you from HIV if you behave exactly the same way as the next person and have the same attitude to causal sex. The only protection from HIV is education, awareness and active protection.

What we should take away from this report is that
1. HIV is everywhere so protect yourself
2. Better access to testing will lead to more cases being detected and is not necessarily political or a smear campaign.
3. Do not think that a low prevalence in your state is necessarily a good thing but ask whether people are really getting tested as they should
4. Know your status, get tested
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by smithjanetstore: 9:09pm On Dec 11, 2013
RIVERS AGAIN THOSE PEOPLE ARE FUCKERNIZERS DEY CAN YANSH ANYTHING !!NA ME OR NA MY DAUGTHER YEYE PEOPLE!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NAFDAC Reopens Emzor, Others Amidst Codeine Controversy / Tele Ikuru Expelled HIV-Positive Mother From Flood Camp & She Died / COVID-19: FG Screening 19 Nigerian Firms' Claim On Cure And Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.