Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,614 members, 7,979,078 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 07:53 PM

Vehicle Inspection Officers(vio); Do They Have The Rights To Impound Vehicles - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Vehicle Inspection Officers(vio); Do They Have The Rights To Impound Vehicles (882 Views)

VIO Official Attacks Man For Taking Pic Of Him Fighting Road User / Scrap Trailer Falls On Vehicles In Ikorodu. Photos / Security Officers Pose With The Dead Lion Killed In Jos (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vehicle Inspection Officers(vio); Do They Have The Rights To Impound Vehicles by Orokita(m): 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2013
Knowledge they say is power! So I'm asking to gain some. Had an incident with Some VIO Officials, they Said they wanted to impound my vehicle cos one of my brakelights Was bad, we argued. And I told them the best I could do was to give them my original driver's license and get booked for the offence(like the Road safety dudes do it) but the insisted on impounding my vehicle. So I'm asking knowleageble folks in the house to help explain to me if the law affords them such power to impound vehicles even when the offence is relatively minor?

(1) (Reply)

Sexkillz Our Nairaland's Nelson Mandela / Untested Ebola Drug Fails To Save Spanish Priest / Are These The World's Sexiest Accents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.