Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,613 members, 7,885,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 11:22 AM

Where Did Cain Get His Wife? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did Cain Get His Wife? (4323 Views)

Where Did Cain Get His Wife From / Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? / Where Did Cain Got His Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sarassin:

@Op

Hehehe old chum, I believe I have made my point. Surely its not that difficult to fathom why I don't believe in talking serpents and 800 year old men. Good God what will they come up with next, talking donkeys?

Talking donkeys you say?

"So the donkey said to Balaam, "Am I not your donkey on which you have ridden, ever sine I became yours, to this day? Was I ever disposed to do this to you?" (Numbers 22:30).

Who told you donkeys don't communicate? You can communicate with a fellow human being just as donkeys can communicate with its kind but the difference is that human beings are created in the image of God. Animals are not created in the image of God but the Almighty God who created them opened the mouth of this donkey and it talked.

Whenever it will serve God's perfect plan, He can use anything to convey His message, even a donkey just as God allowed the devil to use snake to disguise himself to tempt Eve to eat the forbidden fruit.

The earlier you believe the Genesis account as a true historical event the better it will be for you in making educated and informed guesses.
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:59pm On Dec 13, 2013
macof:

my Jewish friend recently told me the Genesis account is incomplete.

That Adam had a wife before Eve
And it was never recoded that Eve had daughters.

OLA's "distant sister" may mean "half-sister"

"After he begot Seth, the day of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters" (Genesis 5:4).

Tell your Jewish friend to read the historical events in the Bible. Even the Jewish tradition states that Adam had 33 sons and 23 daughters.

I believe that Cain actually married his sister or his niece. Cain's wife must be the most popular wife whose name is not known. wink

It was Abraham that married his half-sister not Cain and we can no longer do that anymore because of the effects of sin on our bodies such as deformities and that is why God told Moses that folks were no longer to marry close relatives from then till now.

Marriage according to Genesis is one man and one woman until death (Genesis 2:24).
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by macof(m): 11:15pm On Dec 13, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

"After he begot Seth, the day of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters" (Genesis 5:4).

Tell your Jewish friend to read the historical events in the Bible. Even the Jewish tradition states that Adam had 33 sons and 23 daughters.

I believe that Cain actually married his sister or his niece. Cain's wife must be the most popular wife whose name is not known. wink

It was Abraham that married his half-sister not Cain and we can no longer do that anymore because of the effects of sin on our bodies such as deformities and that is why God told Moses that folks were no longer to marry close relatives from then till now.

Marriage according to Genesis is one man and one woman until death (Genesis 2:24).

Mr. man.

No daughter of eve was ever recorded why?

Adam's first wife was even worshipped as a Goddess.

Adam as a God

Well I don't know the full details as many Jews like to keep secret but don't even dare question a Jew on his ancestral myths
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Talking donkeys you say?

"So the donkey said to Balaam, "Am I not your donkey on which you have ridden, ever sine I became yours, to this day? Was I ever disposed to do this to you?" (Numbers 22:30).

Who told you donkeys don't communicate? You can communicate with a fellow human being just as donkeys can communicate with its kind but the difference is that human beings are created in the image of God. Animals are not created in the image of God but the Almighty God who created them opened the mouth of this donkey and it talked.

Whenever it will serve God's perfect plan, He can use anything to convey His message, even a donkey just as God allowed the devil to use snake to disguise himself to tempt Eve to eat the forbidden fruit.

The earlier you believe the Genesis account as a true historical event the better it will be for you in making educated and informed guesses.

In truth I would have been disappointed if you hadn't come back with that chapter and verse verse from Numbers. Personally I think the chap who heard that donkey speak probably overindulged in the wine of the grape. No matter, I have often had a word with the neighbours noisy dog after a late night, and a few drinks, the conversation can be quite enlightening you should try it some time.
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by AdeniyiA(m): 11:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
: But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. 2 Timothy 2:23.
Questions and arguments that won't add an inch to my salvation journey, i don't get entangled in them. In life we complicate things for ourselves by digging into irrelevant things. what happens to questions like; how can we truly be holy, truly love, truly have peace, truly be saved etc
This question is just like asking ;will Tonto Dike get married to a Nigerian? angry
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:07am On Dec 14, 2013
macof:

Mr. man.

Adam as a God

Well I don't know the full details as many Jews like to keep secret but don't even dare question a Jew on his ancestral myths

I'll leave you with this caption to Entertain yourself with what the mother of all living had to go through. cheesy

Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:38am On Dec 14, 2013
Sarassin:

In truth I would have been disappointed if you hadn't come back with that chapter and verse verse from Numbers. Personally I think the chap who heard that donkey speak probably overindulged in the wine of the grape. No matter, I have often had a word with the neighbours noisy dog after a late night, and a few drinks, the conversation can be quite enlightening you should try it some time.

Enlightening indeed shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIbe2N1P-o0

Guess what's always on this dog's mind? cheesy
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:29pm On Dec 24, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Someone Said: "Where did Cain get his wife?"

Many ask this question thinking they've found a "mistake" in the Bible—that there must have been other people besides Adam and Eve. Scripture tells us that Adam is "the first man" (1 Corinthians 15:45); that there were no other humans when he was created, because God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone" (Genesis 2:18); and that Eve is "the mother of all living" (Genesis 3:20). Cain and Abel, then, must have married distant sisters. All of the first-generation siblings married each other in order to populate the earth. At that time there was no law against incest. But as the population grew large enough, and as the risk of genetic problems increased because of sin's curse, God outlawed marriage between siblings.

From, The Evidence Bible

Good question. cool

Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by tammyy2k1(m): 4:18pm On Dec 26, 2013
OLAADEGBU: Someone Said: "Where did Cain get his wife?"

Many ask this question thinking they've found a "mistake" in the Bible—that there must have been other people besides Adam and Eve. Scripture tells us that Adam is "the first man" (1 Corinthians 15:45); that there were no other humans when he was created, because God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone" (Genesis 2:18); and that Eve is "the mother of all living" (Genesis 3:20). Cain and Abel, then, must have married distant sisters. All of the first-generation siblings married each other in order to populate the earth. At that time there was no law against incest. But as the population grew large enough, and as the risk of genetic problems increased because of sin's curse, God outlawed marriage between siblings.

From, The Evidence Bible
11 When the days of nursing the children were ended, Eve again conceived, and when her days were accomplished she brought forth another son and daughter; and they named the son Abel, and the daughter Aklia.
12 Then at the end of forty days, Adam made an offering for the son, and at the end of eighty days he made another offering for the daughter, and did by them, as he had done before by Cain and his sister Luluwa.
10 But as to hard-hearted Cain, Satan came to him by night, showed himself and said unto him, "Since Adam and Eve love thy brother Abel much more than they love thee, and wish to join him in marriage to thy beautiful sister, because they love him; but wish to join thee in marriage to his ill-favoured sister, because they hate thee;
11 "Now, therefore, I counsel thee, when they do that, to kill thy brother; then thy sister will be left for thee; and his sister will be cast, away."
32 As to Cain, he was so sullen and so angry that he went into the field, where Satan came to him and said to him, "Since thy brother Abel has taken refuge with thy father Adam, because thou didst thrust him from the altar, they have kissed his face, and they rejoice over him, far more than over thee."
33 When Cain heard these words of Satan, he was filled with rage; and he let no one know. But he was laying wait to kill his brother, until he brought him into the cave, and then said to him:--
34 "O brother, the country is so beautiful, and there are such beautiful and pleasurable trees in it, and charming to look at! But brother, thou hast never been one day in the field to take thy pleasure therein.
35 "To-day, O, my brother, I very much wish thou wouldest
p. 58
come with me into the field, to enjoy thyself and to bless our fields and our flocks, for thou art righteous, and I love thee much, O my brother! but thou hast estranged thyself from me."
36 Then Abel consented to go with his brother Cain into the field.
37 But before going out, Cain said to Abel, "Wait for me, until I fetch a staff, because of wild beasts."
38 Then Abel stood waiting in his innocence. But Cain, the forward, fetched a staff and went out. 2 Then Cain said to him, "Come on, and presently thou shalt see many beautiful things. but go before me, until I come up to thee."
3 Then went Abel forward, but Cain remained behind him.
4 And Abel was walking in his innocence, without guile; not believing his brother would kill him.
5 Then Cain, when he came up to him, comforted him with his talk, walking a little behind him; then he hastened, and smote him with the staff, blow upon blow, until he was stunned,
6 But when Abel fell down upon the ground, seeing that his brother meant to kill him, he said to Cain, "O, my brother, have pity on me. By the breasts we have sucked, smite me not! By the womb that bare us and that brought us into the world, smite me not unto death with that staff! If thou wilt kill me, take one of these large stones, and kill me outright."
7 Then Cain, the hard-hearted, and cruel murderer, took a large stone, and smote his brother with it upon the head, until his brains oozed out, and he weltered in his blood, before him.
8 And Cain repented not of what he had done.
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by tammyy2k1(m): 4:23pm On Dec 26, 2013
macof:

Mr. man.

Adam as a God

Are you sure Adam and Eve didnt have daughters? Cos i know dey had 2.
".11 When the days of nursing the children were ended, Eve again conceived, and when her days were accomplished she brought forth another son and daughter; and they named the son Abel, and the daughter Aklia.
12 Then at the end of forty days, Adam made an offering for the son, and at the end of eighty days he made another offering for the daughter, and did by them, as he had done before by Cain and his sister Luluwa."
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:40pm On Dec 26, 2013
tammy_y2k1:

Are you sure Adam and Eve didnt have daughters? Cos i know dey had 2.
".11 When the days of nursing the children were ended, Eve again conceived, and when her days were accomplished she brought forth another son and daughter; and they named the son Abel, and the daughter Aklia.
12 Then at the end of forty days, Adam made an offering for the son, and at the end of eighty days he made another offering for the daughter, and did by them, as he had done before by Cain and his sister Luluwa."

The Bible has given us all that we need to know, read your Bible:

Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by rckdude: 8:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
@olaadegbu, why do u indulge urself in replying those that just want to make a mockery of the bible record? Pls let them be.
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:30pm On Dec 27, 2013
rckdude:

@olaadegbu, why do u indulge urself in replying those that just want to make a mockery of the bible record? Pls let them be.

We have to keep on giving them the powerful word of God because that is the final authority that we have to abide by.
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by FromGuiriga(m): 3:49am On Dec 28, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

God originally created a perfect world and commanded Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply but when they sinned God could see that future generations would begin to develop health problems because of the effect of sin on their bodies and that is the reason why we should heed this loving health commandment, those who marry close relatives can tell you what they go through health wise.

God could see that future generations would develop health problems...and quickly rectified that problem.
Armed with the knowledge that the more they "multiplied" the more "sin"...then why God did not rectified THAT problem. If he stopped them from "multiplying" then the population would end. No more humans. No more sin. He could start all over with no need to drown EVERYBODY most likely including babies.

What's your reasoning on on that.

Give thanks!

Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by FromGuiriga(m): 3:51am On Dec 28, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

We have to keep on giving them the powerful word of God because that is the final authority that we have to abide by.

Most of the the the new testament is letters written "according" to Paul.
Is Paul God?

Give thanks.
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by tammyy2k1(m): 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

I just showed u d 1st 2 daughters adam and eve had so we are on d same page here.
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by Soloter(m): 4:12pm On Dec 30, 2013
If men of our present generation stay up to 100 years in which they're able to see their 4th generation, how many generations will someone who lived more than 900 years see? this is simple logic. by inference, Adam and Eve reproduced many children but Genesis has made us to know about the ones God choose and used. David had many children is it all of them that their records are found in the Scriptures like Solomon's? What about Jacob? if not that Joseph was sold to slavery which paved the way for what he became and the central role he played in the history of the Israelis, only Judah would've been spoken about in the Bible, therefore, this allusion is valid.
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by macof(m): 4:01pm On Dec 31, 2013
tammy_y2k1: Are you sure Adam and Eve didnt have daughters? Cos i know dey had 2.

Oh Really? From wat book is that? Tanakh, Torah, Talmud or Quran
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
Kay 17:

@Ola what does distant sister mean??

With only Adam and Eve as the only parents of all humanity, Cain and Abel, then, must have married their sisters. All of the first-generation siblings married each other in order to populate the earth. At that time there was no law against incest. Because the genetic line was so pure in the beginning, there was no problem with inbreeding. But as the population grew large enough, and as the risk of genetic problems increased due to sin's curse, God outlawed marriage between immediate family members (see Lev. 18:6–18 ).

BTW. If you have a wife, you married a distant sister. wink
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by FromGuiriga(m): 2:43am On Jan 01, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

With only Adam and Eve as the only parents of all humanity, Cain and Abel, then, must have married their sisters. All of the first-generation siblings married each other in order to populate the earth. At that time there was no law against incest. Because the genetic line was so pure in the beginning, there was no problem with inbreeding. But as the population grew large enough, and as the risk of genetic problems increased due to sin's curse, God outlawed marriage between immediate family members (see Lev. 18:6–18 ).

BTW. If you have a wife, you married a distant sister. wink

Why are pastors still marrying people knowing that most likely they will have children, perpetuating the sin problem?

Give thanks.
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:59am On Jan 01, 2014
From_Guiriga:

Why are pastors still marrying people knowing that most likely they will have children, perpetuating the sin problem?

Give thanks.

Happy New Year! I give thanks to God. Who do you give thanks to?

Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by POPEII: 5:07am On Jan 01, 2014
grin grin
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by mmsen: 6:32am On Jan 01, 2014
He had relations with his mother.

Otherwise the Bible is a lie or incomplete.
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by FromGuiriga(m): 11:10pm On Jan 01, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Seth was born after Able died. Was not Cain ALREADY married?

Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by FromGuiriga(m): 11:18pm On Jan 01, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Happy New Year! I give thanks to God. Who do you give thanks to?

Happy new year to you too.
I give thanks to the source of righteousness, wisdom and love.
I give thanks to earth that makes the food that sustain my body and the sun that warms the earth to make the food that sustains my body.

Can you address my question when you get a chance brother.

Give thanks.
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:53pm On Jan 02, 2014
From_Guiriga:

Seth was born after Able died. Was not Cain ALREADY married?

I believe he was.
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:59pm On Jan 02, 2014
From_Guiriga:

Happy new year to you too.
I give thanks to the source of righteousness, wisdom and love.
I give thanks to earth that makes the food that sustain my body and the sun that warms the earth to make the food that sustains my body.

Can you address my question when you get a chance brother.

Give thanks.

I just answered your question. Can you clarify what or who the source of righteousness, wisdom and love is?

Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by MaziOmenuko: 2:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
Op; please treat as urgent:

Genesis > 4.16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

After the curse placed on cain, he left the presence of God, left the garden and proceeded to the land of Nod to dwell their. The bible was specific about that. This is the city he took his wife from and dwelt there.

Where was nod? Evidently, the bible don't call empty plots of land a place. The bible reference to the city of nod meant it already had inhabitants; who were they?

Genesis > 4.14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

^^This is cain's plea when God sentenced him. Who were the people cain inferred would slay him when they see him? Have in mind that this all happened before other generations of Adam was recorded.

Genesis > 4.15 And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

^^This was God's reply to cain; this implies that God acknowledged that there were others, and put a mark on him, so the others won't kill him; who were the others?
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:58pm On Jan 02, 2014
Mazi_Omenuko:

Genesis > 4.16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

After the curse placed on cain, he left the presence of God, left the garden and proceeded to the land of Nod to dwell their. The bible was specific about that. This is the city he took his wife from and dwelt there.

Where was nod? Evidently, the bible don't call empty plots of land a place. The bible reference to the city of nod meant it already had inhabitants; who were they?

Genesis > 4.14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

^^This is cain's plea when God sentenced him. Who were the people cain inferred would slay him when they see him? Have in mind that this all happened before other generations of Adam was recorded.

Genesis > 4.15 And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

^^This was God's reply to cain; this implies that God acknowledged that there were others, and put a mark on him, so the others won't kill him; who were the others?

Has it ever occurred to you that the only people who will want to take vengeance on Cain will be Abel's descendants?
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by MaziOmenuko: 3:08pm On Jan 02, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Has it ever occurred to you that the only people who will want to take vengeance on Cain will be Abel's descendants?

I would have thought you would give more insight into all my inquiries. You carefully ignored the 'Land of Nod' and take on the vengeance part; even with an assumption. I didn't make any assumptions, I quoted scriptures for you as reference; so, no sir! It didn't occur to me to make assumptions, else I would have assumed that Adam and Eve story had more to it than the early compilers of the bible would want us to see.
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:13pm On Jan 02, 2014
Mazi_Omenuko:

I would have thought you would give more insight into all my inquiries. You carefully ignored the 'Land of Nod' and take on the vengeance part; even with an assumption. I didn't make any assumptions, I quoted scriptures for you as reference; so, no sir! It didn't occur to me to make assumptions, else I would have assumed that Adam and Eve story had more to it than the early compilers of the bible would want us to see.

My point was; why would a stranger want to take vengeance on someone they have never met before? undecided
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:24pm On Jan 02, 2014
Mazi_Omenuko:

Where did it say that he took his wife from the land of Nod?

Mazi_Omenuko:

The land of Nod means the land of wandering, do your research. cool

Mazi_Omenuko:

The only people that would want to slay him would be the descendants of Abel who he murdered.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Truth Doesnt Change Regardless Of How Many People Might Deny It. / A Question For Nigerian Christians: Why Go On Pilgrimage To Isreal? / Christ Was Born In October And Not Dec. 25.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.