Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,162 members, 7,896,947 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 04:13 AM

Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe (2931 Views)

Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday / The Many Battles Of Mama Peace, Patience Jonathan / Edo Ex-Militants Choose Buhari, Condemn Jonathan - The Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 08, 2013
After elections people unite and COLLECTIVELY work towards the task of moving their country forward. This is what happens in many of the countries that have achieved greatness or those that you and I cite as models of what should be.

Unfortunately, this has not been the experience in our country in the last 3 years. The 2011 elections saw the emergence of president Goodluck Jonathan, the first person to be elected President from a minority tribe in the Niger Delta, a region that produces over 90% of the wealth that sustains the entire country. Rather than work with the our elected president to move the nation forward, LOSERS in that election and their supporters swore to make the country ungovernable. All they'v done since then is to directly or indirectly place surmountable and sometimes insurmountable hurdles before the president. Consequently, the president has been very busy fighting one battle or the other in the last 3 years. Here are some of these battles:

1. Boko Haram and terrorism: This is obviously the most formidable of them all. Boko Haram first reared in its ugly head in 2009 when the group was confronted and crushed by the Yar Adua govt with the support of locals and northern elites. However, with the death of Yar Adua and with GEJ as President, Boko Haram with the support of disgruntled northern elites transformed to become a full blown and deadly terrorist organisation.

Because of the Boko Haram battle, the President was forced to budget a massive N920 billion for security alone in 2012. Now compare this N920 billion with N447 billion budgeted by Yar Adua for security in 2010 when Boko Haram and terrorism was not an issue.
http://sammyshow.expertscolumn.com/article/nigeria-2010-budget-breakdown

The implication of this is that minus Boko Haram, President would have had a massive extra funds to the tune of over N500 billion to tackle the nations infrastructural deficit- roads, railways, schools,etc. Now for those who dont know, N500 billion is about 5 times the funds the ministry works gets to fix our roads annually. Imagine pumping N500 billion into the road sector or even railways?

Boko Haram is a formidable challenge confronting the govt but the govt has also braced up to the challenge. The trends in the last few months and the death of Shekau points to the weakening of Boko Haram. However, the latest attack by the group in Maiduguri also points to the fact there are still many battles ahead before we can have relative peace in Boko Haram infested states.

2. The battle in PDP. Going by the many battles the president has had to confront in the PDP, one could easily forget that the PDP is actually the RULING party- meaning that this is the party of that produced the president. So why would some governors and legislators leave the RULING party for an OPPOSITION party? What is happening in the PDP could be likened to some members of winning team renouncing their membership and opting to join the team they defeated. That is completely senseless and can only happen in Nigeria due to tribalism and other primordial sentiments.

And what are the demands of these governors who have decamped or are planning to decamp from the PDP? Read below the core demands of the aggrieved G-7 PDP governors:
- immediate resignation of PDP national chairman Bamanga Tukur,
- conduct of a fresh national convention,
- a commitment from President Jonathan that he would not run for a second term in 2015,
- recognition of Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State as chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum(NGF),
- lifting of the Rivers governor’s suspension,
- reinstatement of the Rivers and Adamawa state chapters of the PDP,
- a directive by the president to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to stop investigating some of the governors in the new PDP, their officials and certain leaders in the fold.
http://leadership.ng/news/090913/pdp-crisis-jonathan-rejects-g-7-govs-demands

These demands if acceded to by the President means the PDP has been effectively hijacked from him at the national level and by implication no second term ticket for GEJ. So the president was left with two difficult options forgo your second term ticket or lose 7 PDP governors and national legislators from those states.

Meanwhile, this battle, apart from distracting the president has also negatively affected governance at the federal and state level. The president for instance has had to sack ministers whose loyalty was in doubt.

3. ASUU strike. This is another humongous challenge the president is confronted with. An agreement that was allegedly signed between former President Yar Adua and ASUU in 2009 has become the reason for shutting down our universities for about 5 months. The Yar Adua that signed the agreement was not forced by ASUU to release even N1 to implement the agreement he appended his signature to.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 08, 2013
It is Goodluck Jonathan that must implement the 2009 agreement hundred percent or else the university doors will remain shut.

Despite the fact that he didn't sign this agreement wit ASUU, GEJ immediately went to work to address the concerns of ASUU.

Long before the strike was called, the govt had already done an assessment of infrastructural decay in the universities and this was documented in what is now called the NEEDS Assessment. With the commencement of strike, the president set up the Governor Gabriel Suswan led committee to meet with ASUU. That committee made some offer to ASUU, including N100 billion for infrastructural upgrade and N30 billion for earned allowance. ASUU rejected this offer. This is the same ASUU that didn't get even N1 from Yar Adua that signed the 2009 agreement. With the collapse of talks between the Suswan committee and ASUU, the president ordered the Vice President to negotiate with ASUU. The Vice President then increased the earned allowance to N40 billion but still ASUU refused to call off the strike. The president now stepped in and held a marathon 13 hours meeting with ASUU. Before going into that meeting, the president told all who cared to listen that ALL issues must be resolved tonight so that schools will reopen. After the meeting, we were all hoping to here that the strike has been suspended only for ASUU to come back with another 4 demands.

Ladies and gentlemen, which President in the history of Nigeria, made this sort of effort to resolve a labour dispute but to no avail? I cant think of any.

The battle between the president and ASUU is still on and we'r all watching.

4. Sabotage of power infrastructure. Realising the critical importance of electric power supply to national development, enemies of progress and losers in the last election and possibly generator-importing cabals, are not relenting in their determination to frustrate the power reform agenda of the govt. They vandalize major and critical gas pipelines, power transmission lines and major distribution stations,etc.

In conclusion, notwithstanding these major battles that the first president of Nigeria from the minority Niger Delta has had to grapple with, he has continued to deliver in many sectors. Agriculture is beginning to boom again, our elections are now cleaner (opposition parties are winning elections which was rarely heard of in the past), our federal roads are getting better, power has been privatised,etc. But definitely, without these distracting, energy, time and resource consuming battles, the country would have seen far greater progress under the leadership of president Goodluck Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by NosoChic: 8:46pm On Dec 08, 2013
SPACE RESERVED grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by musiwa112: 8:53pm On Dec 08, 2013
it i hard to win election
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by AZeD1(m): 9:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
No matter how many times you scream a lie, it would never become the truth.

1) Boko haram started in Yar' Adua's time. Its unfortunate Goodluck has to deal with them but no one forced him to be president. He made that decision on his own. He should 'man up' and stop lamenting.
2) Everywhere there has been a terrorist attack, the leaders in those places talk tough and promise to fish out the perpetrators but own so called president told the nation to deal with it that it happens in other places too.
3) The same president with his own mouth said members of boko haram are part of his government and what has he done to them?
4) Gej problem with the 7 governors is a pdp wahala and Gej can fight it any how he wants legally, its not the Nations problem.
5) Gej problem with the 7 governors arouse from his greed. ***In 2007, the presidency was zoned to the north and they did not use their tenure complete before Gej interrupted. He chose to abandon the pdp zoning formula in 2011 and he should bear the consequence.
6) In 2003, ASUU went on strike for 6 months. OBJ did not claim it was political. As a matter of fact, every Nigerian president has dealt with ASUU one way or another with Abdusalami being the only exception so what are you shouting about?
7) If you are crying that its only GEJ that ASUU wants to release money before they resume, then you should remember that it was GEJ who brokered the 2009 agreement in which they are fighting for. If GEJ has refused to honour an agreement he was part of in 2009, why should anybody trust he would honour the one he does in 2013? The saying "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" aptly applies to this scenario.

In summary, leaders lead so GEJ should start leading and so buck passing.

** I abhor any form of zoning agreement.

38 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2013
A-ZeD:
No matter how many times you scream a lie, it would never become the truth.

1) Boko haram started in Yar' Adua's time. Its unfortunate Goodluck has to deal with them but no one forced him to be president. He made that decision on his own. He should 'man up' and stop lamenting.
2) Everywhere there has been a terrorist attack, the leaders in those places talk tough and promise to fish out the perpetrators but own so called president told the nation to deal with it that it happens in other places too.
3) The same president with his own mouth said members of boko haram are part of his government and what has he done to them?
4) Gej problem with the 7 governors is a pdp wahala and Gej can fight it any how he wants legally, its not the Nations problem.
5) Gej problem with the 7 governors arouse from his greed. ***In 2007, the presidency was zoned to the north and they did not use their tenure complete before Gej interrupted. He chose to abandon the pdp zoning formula in 2011 and he should bear the consequence.
6) In 2003, ASUU went on strike for 6 months. OBJ did not claim it was political. As a matter of fact, every Nigerian president has dealt with ASUU one way or another with Abdusalami being the only exception so what are you shouting about?
7) If you are crying that its only GEJ that ASUU wants to release money before they resume, then you should remember that it was GEJ who brokered the 2009 agreement in which they are fighting for. If GEJ has refused to honour an agreement he was part of in 2009, why should anybody trust he would honour the one he does in 2013? The saying "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" aptly applies to this scenario.

In summary, leaders lead so GEJ should start leading and so buck passing.

** I abhor any form of zoning agreement.
I read through your post to look for the lie you accused me of but I couldn't find any.

ASUU has been going on strike in the past but there is a difference between a govt that ignored ASUU strike and a govt the had made atleast 3 levels of interventions and offer towards ending the strike but ASUU remained unyielding.

The challenges the president is faced with as highlighted in my post is not an excuse for failure. I and many others have also created threads about PROGRESS being recorded by the govt but my POINT on this thread which should not be lost is that as a nation we can do without these distractions and without these distractions, we'll see faster development. Faster development is to the benefit of ALL of us.

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by fkaz(m): 9:27pm On Dec 08, 2013
Yakubu Gawon is a minority from middle-belt, he face a lot of challenge more than this, from the hands of biafran. I will read the rest later.

11 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by Kayboy5000: 9:28pm On Dec 08, 2013
Description:
Applicants must possess OND/HND/BSc/ SSCE. Must
be fluent in English Language and resident within
Lagos environ.
Position
Type: Full-time
Company
Name: Boss Resources
Street
Address: 30, fadeyi street off awolowo way ikeja Lagos
City: Lagos Island West
State: Lagos
Phone: 08135701666
Email: bossresources@gmail.com
Date Posted: 2013-12-08
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by AZeD1(m): 9:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I read through your post to look for the lie you accused me of but I couldn't find any.

ASUU has been going on strike in the past but there is a difference between a govt that ignored ASUU strike and a govt the had made atleast 3 levels of interventions and offer towards ending the strike but ASUU remained unyielding.

The challenges the president is faced with as highlighted in my post is not an excuse for failure. I and many others have also created threads about PROGRESS being recorded by the govt but my POINT on this thread which should not be lost is that as a nation we can do without these distractions and without these distractions, we'll see faster development. Faster development is to the benefit of ALL of us.
GEJ was part of the government that failed to honour the 2009 agreement. Why should he be trusted to honour an agreement now?

As for the lie, You make it out as if ASUU is on strike because GEJ is president.

12 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by dinachi(m): 9:43pm On Dec 08, 2013
Don't mind that guy that calls himself insincere Nigerian. Other Presidents even faced more challenges but any little thing this Jonathan faced is always magnified to attract sympathy. If he can not lead this country, he should throw in the towel and let more worthy people take over. We are tired of all the drinking binges and sympathy requests. Leading the most popular nation in Africa no be beans! The issue with the G7 governors is politics. If he cannot play the politics then he should stop going by the name politician. This man should straighten up and act like a man. Enough of this Kindergarten leadership.

17 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 08, 2013
A-ZeD:

GEJ was part of the government that failed to honour the 2009 agreement. Why should he be trusted to honour an agreement now?

As for the lie, You make it out as if ASUU is on strike because GEJ is president.
You and I know that Vice Presidents, just like deputy governors, are powerless spare tires.

The process of producing that agreement actually started in 2006 or so under OBJ govt. Oby Ezekwesili was the minister of education that set up the committee that produced the agreement. There was no govt person in that committee, she only nominated people outside govt to represent govt. More like you sending people who do not work in your company and who knows nothing about the inner workings of your company to go negotiate on behalf of your company. That was a fatal error. That was why the agreement mentioned some ridiculous sums of money.

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 08, 2013
@Mumu9gerian, I used to take you serious but not anymore since I found out you've been copying and pasting whatever Reno Omokiri sends your way be email. I used to think you were intelligent enough to write a 1000 word article but I was recently given an eye opener that you receive posts about what to post on the internet by emails. Deep down in your heart, you don't believe in the rubbish you are given to spread on the internet. But for the sake of putting food on the table for madam and the kids, you had to do it.

8 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 08, 2013
dinachi: Don't mind that guy that calls himself insincere Nigerian. Other Presidents even faced more challenges but any little thing this Jonathan faced is always magnified to attract sympathy. If he can not lead this country, he should throw in the towel and let more worthy people take over. We are tired of all the drinking binges and sympathy requests. Leading the most popular nation in Africa no be beans! The issue with the G7 governors is politics. If he cannot play the politics then he should stop going by the name politician. This man should straighten up and act like a man. Enough of this Kindergarten leadership.
Hey, you should be in bed by now. This thread is not for kids. Matured minds only!

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:53pm On Dec 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: It is Goodluck Jonathan that must implement the 2009 agreement hundred percent or else the university doors will remain shut.

Despite the fact that he didn't sign this agreement wit ASUU, GEJ immediately went to work to address the concerns of ASUU.

Long before the strike was called, the govt had already done an assessment of infrastructural decay in the universities and this was documented in what is now called the NEEDS Assessment. With the commencement of strike, the president set up the Governor Gabriel Suswan led committee to meet with ASUU. That committee made some offer to ASUU, including N100 billion for infrastructural upgrade and N30 billion for earned allowance. ASUU rejected this offer. This is the same ASUU that didn't get even N1 from Yar Adua that signed the 2009 agreement. With the collapse of talks between the Suswan committee and ASUU, the president ordered the Vice President to negotiate with ASUU. The Vice President then increased the earned allowance to N40 billion but still ASUU refused to call off the strike. The president now stepped in and held a marathon 13 hours meeting with ASUU. Before going into that meeting, the president told all who cared to listen that ALL issues must be resolved tonight so that schools will reopen. After the meeting, we were all hoping to here that the strike has been suspended only for ASUU to come back with another 4 demands.

Ladies and gentlemen, which President in the history of Nigeria, made this sort of effort to resolve a labour dispute but to no avail? I cant think of any.

The battle between the president and ASUU is still on and we'r all watching.

4. Sabotage of power infrastructure. Realising the critical importance of electric power supply to national development, enemies of progress and losers in the last election and possibly generator-importing cabals, are not relenting in their determination to frustrate the power reform agenda of the govt. They vandalize major and critical gas pipelines, power transmission lines and major distribution stations,etc.

In conclusion, notwithstanding these major battles that the first president of Nigeria from the minority Niger Delta has had to grapple with, he has continued to deliver in many sectors. Agriculture is beginning to boom again, our elections are now cleaner (opposition parties are winning elections which was rarely heard of in the past), our federal roads are getting better, power has been privatised,etc. But definitely, without these distracting, energy, time and resource consuming battles, the country would have seen far greater progress under the leadership of president Goodluck Jonathan.
Be reasonable, government is a continuum. Goodluck Jonathan does not necessarily have to be a signatory of the 2009 before he implements it. Besides he was the VP in 2009.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 08, 2013
sincerenigerian: @Mumu9gerian, I used to take you serious but not anymore since I found out you've been copying and pasting whatever Reno Omokiri sends your way be email. I used to think you were intelligent enough to write a 1000 word article but I was recently given an eye opener that you receive posts about what to post on the internet by emails. Deep down in your heart, you don't believe in the rubbish you are given to spread on the internet. But for the sake of putting food on the table for madam and the kids, you had to do it.
Who even takes you seriously on NL? A nincompoop who lacks the intelligence and sanity of mind to pick a username for himself? You'r a joke.

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
There is nothing happening in the government of Goodluck Jonathan that is new to Nigeria. He shouldn't hide under any guise to tell us why he is not addressing these problems. Nobody forced him to obtain the presidential election form. Even if somebody did he should have resisted.
*ASUU strike is not new.
*Terrorist attacks from Islamic fundamentalists is not new. In the 1980s during Shehu Shagari tenure, there was the Maitatsine.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by plaindealer: 10:07pm On Dec 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Who even takes ME seriously on NL?

Sounds more like it...

6 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by AZeD1(m): 10:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You and I know that Vice Presidents, just like deputy governors, are powerless spare tires.

The process of producing that agreement actually started in 2006 or so under OBJ govt. Oby Ezekwesili was the minister of education that set up the committee that produced the agreement. There was no govt person in that committee, she only nominated people outside govt to represent govt. More like you sending people who do not work in your company and who knows nothing about the inner workings of your company to go negotiate on behalf of your company. That was a fatal error. That was why the agreement mentioned some ridiculous sums of money.
GEJ was part of that agreement. He became president in 2010 and had 3 years to do something about that agreement. That VP's and deputies are spare tires won't cut it this time around.
One of the traits of a good leader, is convincing your followers (detractors including) to buy into your dream. This your post as well as GEJ continuous excuses points to the fact that GEJ is not a good leader.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by OmoTier1(m): 10:19pm On Dec 08, 2013
The OP never ceases to amaze one after all, He must work for His pay. Perhaps the OP can tell us what has become of the short term and medium term frame work ex-President Obasanjo was implement of which the self sufficiency in cement production, rice as well as improved healthcare in all the six geo-political zone of the country would be realized.

Every sector of the economy appear to have no direction! Achievements are only recorded on the pages of newspapers. Despite the billions spent on electricity, Nigerians are yet to see any tangible improvement.

In the health sector, there is nothing to write home about. In education, mass failure is the order of the day at all levels of the educational system. In sports, there is virtual no life, no vision, no investment in facilities, sportsmen, I mean absolutely nothing! In manufacturing, engineering and construction, it is a torrid tale, I mean an abysmal failure, a situation of pitiable pity angry

God forbid that such a President will lead us in the time of war!

An for the information of the OP, there are state governors who are from minority tribes in their respective states and they still are able to provide some form of governance, therefore, the Jonathan have no reason not to deliver.

11 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Who even takes you seriously on NL? A nincompoop who lacks the intelligence and sanity of mind to pick a username for himself? You'r a joke.

This coming from an abortionist who couldn't find a job due to bad grades in medical school. cry
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by kel4soft: 10:35pm On Dec 08, 2013
OP
This your article has been recycled by most GEJ sympathizers.

See we have grown past these your sentiments.
We have grown past resurfacing of FG roads
We have grown past repainting of airports
We have grown past revamping of Locomotive trains from Lagos-Kano while Port Harcourt line is still dormant causing nuisance to the city.
We have grown past this kindergarten government.

We need leaders with visions that can transform the nation in no distance time cos we have the resources but lack that political will from our leader Mr. President.

Tell me why on earth billions stolen daily can't be accounted for?
Tell me why Yaradua's amnesty programme that include building of institutions in Niger Delta has been ignored while enrichment of ex-millitants is prefared
Tell me why we can't have NDDC run bridges or light rail connecting all Niger Delta states.
Tell me why policies to curb oil pollution in our creeks are still frustrated in the NASS because our President doesn't have allies to do that.
Tell me why, Poverty and insecurity reigns in Niger Delta creeks.
Did APC also hijack the delay in implementation of Ogoni UNEP report? To show you, this is mere wickedness.

We need a leader that will take responsibility for any wrong that happens to this country because he swore an oath to protect lives and property and is even an impeachable offence if that leader fails to abide by that oath.

For the Igbos that will slay me cos of my post or call me traitor, is your business. I have said how I feel about this government. You have never come to my creek, you don't know getting portable water because of our terrain and polluted water thus we are left with brackish water and we have to patronised satchet water daily. The source of livelihood of my people has been short changed. Things are getting worse with daily pollution. Environmentalist are arrested for daring to speak up. We have no one to speak for us cos they have all compromise. We have a President, he is not from the creek maybe, he is from Otuoke, Ogbia.

Police, Army, I don't care. Come 2015. My one vote must count!

16 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by wirinet(m): 10:36pm On Dec 08, 2013
Insincere9gerian, you and your principal are never tired of playing the victim card, ie they hate jonathan because he is from a minority tribe (even though the yorubas supported him massively for him to be acting president and subsequently president), he is hated because he is christian ( even though he got more than the required 25% votes from most muslim states), oh they are using Boko Haram to undermine his government ( even though every government from Murtala to Yaradua, save abdulsalami had to deal with muslim fundamentalists)

Jonathan style of government can be called excusism, meaning there is always an excuse for failure to perform.

He is the commander in chief of nigerian armed forces for God sake, he should have shown his fangs long ago to Boko Haram and its sympathizers. I expected him to give all the leaders of boko haram infested states - political, traditional and religious, a six month ultimatum to rein in their indigenes in boko haram, and slam a total state of emmergency after the expiration. Whereby he will appoint tough northern retired General to restore order within 6 months. This is an insurgence for god sake, undermining his authority as C in C and the territorial integrity of the country.

About the G7, OBJ had far more dissenting governors against his second term than jonathan, he did not use the tribal card, he used political dexterity. He used compromise, trickery and guile to have his way. He identified the leader of the dissent and reached a political compromise with him(Atiku). I thought jonathan was wise enough to identify Amaechi as the leader of dissent against him and reach a brotherly compromise. But I was shocked the presidents me advice a full scale war. We we are watching how things play out, but people are getting tired of the ethnic and sectional trump card.

Jonathan has alienated ALL the people that brought him to power and is relying heavily on people with little political value or acumen.

10 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by ifebosco: 10:37pm On Dec 08, 2013
were is this reno omokiri??is he still active on social media??
the northern nigerians will give Jonathan free 2015 victory,if they continue with their born to rule idea,
if we take out sentiments,gej is amoung the worst president nigeria ever had

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by Josydaky(f): 10:45pm On Dec 08, 2013
Space reserved
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 08, 2013
wirinet: Insincere9gerian, you and your principal are never tired of playing the victim card, ie they hate jonathan because he is from a minority tribe (even though the yorubas supported him massively for him to be acting president and subsequently president), he is hated because he is christian ( even though he got more than the required 25% votes from most muslim states), oh they are using Boko Haram to undermine his government ( even though every government from Murtala to Yaradua, save abdulsalami had to deal with muslim fundamentalists)

Jonathan style of government can be called excusism, meaning there is always an excuse for failure to perform.

He is the commander in chief of nigerian armed forces for God sake, he should have shown his fangs long ago to Boko Haram and its sympathizers. I expected him to give all the leaders of boko haram infested states - political, traditional and religious, a six month ultimatum to rein in their indigenes in boko haram, and slam a total state of emmergency after the expiration. Whereby he will appoint tough northern retired General to restore order within 6 months. This is an insurgence for god sake, undermining his authority as C in C and the territorial integrity of the country.

About the G7, OBJ had far more dissenting governors against his second term than jonathan, he did not use the tribal card, he used political dexterity. He used compromise, trickery and guile to have his way. He identified the leader of the dissent and reached a political compromise with him(Atiku). I thought jonathan was wise enough to identify Amaechi as the leader of dissent against him and reach a brotherly compromise. But I was shocked the presidents me advice a full scale war. We we are watching how things play out, but people are getting tired of the ethnic and sectional trump card.

Jonathan has alienated ALL the people that brought him to power and is relying heavily on people IJAWS and ORTHODOX IBOS with little political value or acumen.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by ifebosco: 10:52pm On Dec 08, 2013
sincerenigerian:

This coming from an abortionist who couldn't find a job due to bad grades in medical school. cry
why not defend your oga at the top??
instead insulting??

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by iphy42: 10:58pm On Dec 08, 2013
Chai see Gobe. This is too much on sincere9gerian. To earn money is not easy o. Chai! I dont envy you at all.

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by Nobody: 11:07pm On Dec 08, 2013
NLC, TUC Strike in Edo Goes Violent as Thugs Attack
Labour Leaders
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by Abagworo(m): 11:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
We must stop these lies before they are taken as truth. Tafawa Balewa our 1st leader is from a minority tribe known as Seyawa which is one of several ethnic groups found in just one LGA known as Tafawa Balewa LGA in Bauchi State. Yakubu Gowon is also from Angas a very minute ethnic group in Plateau State. Abdulsalami is from Nupe while IBB is from Gwari. Abacha is from Kanuri which is a relatively large ethnic group like Ijaw. While we say the truth that Jonathan is from a minority ethnic group we must not spice it with the lies that he is the 1st.

12 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by sheymaziggy: 12:02am On Dec 09, 2013
Can u compare d problems gej is facing to that of Obama, Obama has more problems both international nd domestic even opposition self but he doesn't use dat as an excuse . Dats a president, not smone always blaming everything on opposition, if u knw d problem of nigeria is too much to handle y not quit jejely, Abi Na by force ni or was he thinking he would just be sitting down drinking coffee, playing per 2014(lol) is d job of a president, Abeg make u find another excuse for his failure jor, I no buy this one.

8 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by Brimmie(m): 12:03am On Dec 09, 2013
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe by musiwa112: 12:05am On Dec 09, 2013
you cant compare nigeria and the USA. it is hard for a minority to win in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari: US War College 1980 Set Scam Exposed. / Jonathan's Drug Baron Friend Open Rice For Vote Center (pic) / Buhari Is The Next President And Jonathan Is aware Of That – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.