Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,126 members, 7,916,307 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:03 PM

Teenage Pregnancy: Who Is To Blame ; Parents Or Society? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Teenage Pregnancy: Who Is To Blame ; Parents Or Society? (4994 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / Our Attitude Towards Teenage Pregnancy / Should We Blame Ourselves Or Society For Our Actions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teenage Pregnancy: Who Is To Blame ; Parents Or Society? by Librakid(f): 9:38pm On Dec 08, 2013
i personally think parents are to blame. If parents would give their children quality attention and try to be friendly, the rate of teenage pregnancies will drastically reduce.
whats your take on this?
Re: Teenage Pregnancy: Who Is To Blame ; Parents Or Society? by bluuu: 9:50pm On Dec 08, 2013
Re: Teenage Pregnancy: Who Is To Blame ; Parents Or Society? by bluuu: 9:50pm On Dec 08, 2013
i think it s d parents.if they v close relationship with their kids,they wil knw/av an idea of d kinda things d kids r experiencing
my opinion#
Re: Teenage Pregnancy: Who Is To Blame ; Parents Or Society? by Obinoscopy(m): 9:58pm On Dec 08, 2013
The parents are the ones responsible. A dad needs to be close to his daughters same goes between mum and son. If that is done, their teenage kids won't even contemplate going into any form of teenage relationship let alone engaging in sex.
Re: Teenage Pregnancy: Who Is To Blame ; Parents Or Society? by bennysucre(f): 10:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
U are responsible for ur actions. Blame no one but u.
Re: Teenage Pregnancy: Who Is To Blame ; Parents Or Society? by bluuu: 10:11pm On Dec 08, 2013
bennysucre: U are responsible for ur actions. Blame no one but u.
how nuch does a teenager knw abt taking responsibilities for deir actions
Re: Teenage Pregnancy: Who Is To Blame ; Parents Or Society? by emorse(m): 11:10pm On Dec 08, 2013
I think both parties should take a measure of the blame. Parents should truly look out for their kids more. They should develop closer relationships with them. This though isn't fool-proof as teenage years are very difficult years for the teenagers. This is when they try to discover themselves. Unfortunately, during these years, they are more influenced by their peers than their parents. This makes it easier for the many social ills that the society breeds to find their ways in. Hence, there's a tendency that the parents hard work would be nullified.
Re: Teenage Pregnancy: Who Is To Blame ; Parents Or Society? by Librakid(f): 7:00am On Dec 09, 2013
bennysucre: U are responsible for ur actions. Blame no one but u.
how can u say a teenager should be responsible for his/her actions? parents are not helpin matters neither is the society. Frm the stories av heard about growing up in the past, raising up a child is not the sole responsibity of the parents as the community is there to keep an eye on these children but these days the community(society) in which we find ourselves encourages these teenagers. Almost everytng today is sexual, ranging frm parties, dance moves, cartoons,movies etc. when will our parents sit to gv their chidren sex education? the earlier they start telling their wards wot sex is all about the better for the society

(1) (Reply)

God Y? Cant Beliv She Is Gone.... (lost My Sister on the new yr eve.., 31st) / Please Help!!! I Am Married, But I Only Have Sex 15 Times In A Year! / Ghanaian In UK Kills Wife For Flirting With A Nigerian [PICTURED]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.