Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,662 members, 7,918,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 11:33 PM

NLC, TUC Strike In Edo Goes Violent As Apc thugs Attack Labour Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC, TUC Strike In Edo Goes Violent As Apc thugs Attack Labour Leaders (952 Views)

We’ll Hold Buhari, APC To “3 Million Jobs A Year” Pledge – NLC, TUC / Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari / Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLC, TUC Strike In Edo Goes Violent As Apc thugs Attack Labour Leaders by mike404(m): 10:24pm On Dec 08, 2013
[img][/img]The strike embarked upon by the Edo State council of
the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and Trade Union
Congress (TUC) went violent yesterday as the state
Chairman of the NLC, Mr. Emmanuel Ademokun, was
beaten to stupor by thugs allegedly sponsored the state
government.

The state chapter of NLC and TUC on Monday
embarked on an indefinite strike over unpaid allowances
by the state government.
It was gathered that worker who were trying to enforce
the strike at the Palm House Secretariat Complex
located along Sapele Road, Benin City were ambushed
by thugs and beaten up.

Following the attack, some of the victims including
Ademokun sustained head injuries inflicted on them by
the thugs.

Speaking on the incident, Ademokun, who expressed
surprise over the actions of the thugs whom he said
got orders to attack them from a top government
official, told journalists that the use of thugs by
government or its agents will not deter labour from
fighting for what belongs to them.

"We were out this morning after holding meeting with
our workers on the progress we have made so far on
the issue of Salary Relativity and we went to Palm
House to monitor compliance when Oloye's boy's
swam on us like bees, beating my members, shooting
sporadically into the air even as some persons in police
uniforms shot tear gas at us.

"As I speak with you, some of my members who were
seriously injured were taking treatment at some major
pharmaceuticals, you can see my swollen head. We
watched helplessly as Loye (PS, Ministry of
Environment and Public Utilities) gave directives to the
boys to continue to disrupt us even when I told them
that we came for peace and not to fight," he said.

Reacting to the NLC chairman’s allegation, Permanent
Secretary State Ministry, Major Lawrence Loye (rtd),
who said he holding a meeting with some government
officials at the time the labour leaders arrived,
explained that the they (labour leaders) were throwing
stones on offices at the complex in a bid to force
workers, an action he said was against labour law.

He said following their violent approach, members of
the State Task Force on Environment who were at the
scene intervened to make peace, but the labour leaders
attacked them, forcing the task force members to
retaliate.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nlc-tuc-strike-in-edo-goes-violent-as-thugs-attack-labour-leaders/166013/
Re: NLC, TUC Strike In Edo Goes Violent As Apc thugs Attack Labour Leaders by waleadex(m): 10:32pm On Dec 08, 2013
...just wondering why Edo governor is beginning to have issues with his people in recent times. Well,I like him for the fact that he's very fast at tendering apology where he errs.
Re: NLC, TUC Strike In Edo Goes Violent As Apc thugs Attack Labour Leaders by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
Oshe APC is the only true APC Gov. He is showing their true colour. Others are just pretending and 'progressives'
Re: NLC, TUC Strike In Edo Goes Violent As Apc thugs Attack Labour Leaders by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 08, 2013
kaorama: Oshe APC is the only true APC Gov. He is showing their true colour. Others are just pretending and 'progressives'
MY BROTHER, IF YOU SEE AS APC THUGS TAKE DEY PLANK NLC/TUC MEMBERS EHEN. CHANNELS TV UNA WELLDONE OH
Re: NLC, TUC Strike In Edo Goes Violent As Apc thugs Attack Labour Leaders by lincolnj88: 10:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
grin go and die nlc or tuc..but if u insist , then come and die grin
Re: NLC, TUC Strike In Edo Goes Violent As Apc thugs Attack Labour Leaders by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 09, 2013
As a former labour leader, his government should be labour friendly.

MORALE OF D STORY: Its always easy being in Labour unions n making some "unrealistic" depends, but once u get to government u will realise that truly some demands r very unrealistic.
Re: NLC, TUC Strike In Edo Goes Violent As Apc thugs Attack Labour Leaders by mike404(m): 4:49pm On Dec 09, 2013
Re: NLC, TUC Strike In Edo Goes Violent As Apc thugs Attack Labour Leaders by asha80(m): 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2013
AKUNWATA1: MY BROTHER, IF YOU SEE AS APC THUGS TAKE DEY PLANK NLC/TUC MEMBERS EHEN. CHANNELS TV UNA WELLDONE OH
saw that on channels but not who was planking who.

(1) (Reply)

Defenders Of Corruption Vs Lamido Sanusi (CBN) / Why Nairaland Shut Down... / Hell Will Freeze Before I Apologize To APC - Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.