Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,519 members, 7,885,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:47 AM

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] (118080 Views)

The Genesis (tales Of Childhood) / Gone Like The Wind. / Teenage Negligence: The Genesis Of Nigeria Crises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
Chrisx1x:
Ok.we are waiting 4 d nxt update
UPDATED
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by emarkson(m): 10:48pm On Jan 09, 2015
oliver twist mode *activated.
Abeg more update plssss
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 12:03am On Jan 10, 2015
#MoM
#MADE OF MORE
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Chrisx1x(m): 1:44am On Jan 10, 2015
Nice update.pls i wuld advise dat u shld try to create more suspense in ur updates esp at d end of each update.

ride on.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Chrisx1x(m): 1:45am On Jan 10, 2015
emarkson:
Abeg more update plssss
me 2.bt let giv d guy a break
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by dastancypayne(m): 5:35pm On Jan 10, 2015
just been away for sometime, man. i cn see you've gone far. pls keep up the gud work.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 11, 2015
pabon:
Thanks. You can say that again! My sub expires in less than two hours.
ooooh! In oliver twist voice\ buf i nich moreee
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Chrisx1x(m): 3:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
*Stealthily sneaks in,sniffs around,no update yet,sneaks out *
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:45am On Jan 12, 2015
OMG! I didn't know I wud miss you guyz so much. I just renewed my sub now...I'm ready to continue.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:55am On Jan 12, 2015
rockhillz:
#MoM
#MADE OF MORE
Yeah. We're made of more. Sorry, I was away due to my expired subscription. But I'm back nw.
dastancypayne:
just been away for sometime, man. i cn see you've gone far. pls keep up the gud work.
Thanks a bunch. Keep following.
Jollyjoy:
ooooh! In oliver twist voice\ buf i nich moreee
You'll get your more soon. I'm back. Thanks for staying wif me.
emarkson:
Abeg more update plssss
I'm about updating boss. Thanks
Chrisx1x:
*Stealthily sneaks in,sniffs around,no update yet,sneaks out *
Abeg, sneak in in some minutes. The update's ready!
emarkson:
Abeg more update plssss
Ready!

And so guys, I'm truly sorry for keeping you waiting. I'm back on...back like I never left.

#MADE OF MORE
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:03am On Jan 12, 2015
He backed away in utmost fear, his bottom rubbing the ground as he slid backward but the predator seemed unperturbed. He could see the terror clearly in its amazingly big and black eyes which were a shade lighter than darkness. More sputum fell on him as the spider continued staring down on him.
His legs felt wobbly under his weight as he made to stand. He wondered still why the creature had made no attempt to get him to remain under its clutches. He stood upright and then slowly observing the spider with caution, made to run and that was when the first of it hit him.

It felt like a rope made from climbers and twigs only it was stronger and held firm to him. He had never thought that webs were so much silky. He was about to be 'webbed' and for fear couldn't imagine what was to become of him in minutes.

Slowly, he was dragged backward by the strong webs which were being spun around him at an amazing speed and precision. Soon, he was encased all around and rendered immobile. He tried time and time again but with the tightness of the web, his efforts were as good as pouring water in a basket especially as this basket was alive and bent on using him as a late night snack.

Minutes passed and soon his eyes and head were all covered. He could hardly breathe and he felt the air sweeping around him as he was slowly hoisted up and propped by two strong webs against the trees.
He waited while holding his breath for the eating to begin but it wasn't coming. Oh, maybe it had decided against eating him immediately. Thank goodness,at least, he got to eaten later and given time to think up a possible escape, he was holding unto this hope as his life depended on it. He wondered how he would look inside the belly of a over-sized giant spider. He wondered if it had teeth to marsh up his flesh and to --my god--crack up his bones or if it would just cut him bits by bits and then swallow. Anyways, he would be long dead, too dead to care.

He was also surprised that his mouth had not been webbed and he could very well scream the heavens down if he wanted to. Could this be the way that the wizard Ordin had configured his demon...to watch them scream as it ate them to their death? He could only picture the scene as he watched as his limbs were pulled of and eaten raw not even boiled or roasted. Anyways, what did it matter. He would be already dying from the pain. He would...

Wait a minute!

The trees.

He had been propped up against the trees. They were his friends even if he had only befriended them less than 24 hours. Thank heavens, he wasn't hopeless afterall. He would call to them for their help once this beast had retreated to its sleep. Ha! It wasn't that smart and precise afterall, else, it could have been able to detect that trees were not so much the best ally against humans like him...especially humans with good aura. He flashed a quarter pound of a smile which he had to drop quickly as his cheek hurt due to the painful sensation that was a side effect of this spider's web. Oh, Ordin! He would strangle Ordin if he met him. How could he have been so cruel as to make a monster like this and then just die without taking his evil with him. He deserved a real good whacking. He tried turning his hand but it felt numb. It was evident that all the blood had sort of coagulated there.

So this was what it felt like to be webbed?

He would now truly know the agony those moths and butterflies who made the costly mistake of flying into a spider's web felt. He felt like his was trapped inside his own body. What was the word for that again....

Shhhhhs! Listen!

Ironic as it sounded, his mind had just ordered him to be still and concentrate as he heard the retreating steps of the spider. He gave it some time, about ten minutes and when he felt everything go still, he called out to the tree.

"Hey tree!"

No response.

"C'mon friends!"

Silence.

"Hey! Guys! Please wake up and help me. Don't tell me you're asleep. That spider just spun his webs around you. What's that your name again?"

"Aha! Thank you for remembering to ask. I'm the tree who you refused to welcome you. You thought you were too good for me. Well, I don't see how I'm gonna help you. I'm too good to get my hands soiled by your filth. You could as well kiss your life goodbye. You're a dead meat."

"Oh no!," he exclaimed. He then turned to the other at his right.

"What about you, don't you care that I die?"

"I'm sorry....but, I can't help. I didn't get to introduce myself else you wouldn't even dare ask help of me...I'm a bamboo...and we ain't friendly to humans. Sorry!"

"Jeez, I'm dead!," he exclaimed more to himself than to the trees.

"You could say that again," both trees chorused.

He immediately knew why it hated him, the bamboo. They were one of the most utilized species of trees owing to their tensile strength and so were always exploited. He wondered how such coincidence could have happened here, especially to him. How come he had been tied to two unfriendly trees, human haters. He really was damned here.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 6:38pm On Jan 12, 2015
Nice evening guys! Hope you enjoyed your day...I'm still MADE OF MORE. Guessing you know what that means. New update coming...
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 6:46pm On Jan 12, 2015
He wished he had read more about this evil spider so as to know what to expect but alas, he had been too comfortable in his dream paradise. A numbness was beginning to build up on his face and he knew that soon his face and indeed his nose would be frozen. Death indeed was inevitable. It kept creeping on and he fought hard to keep breathing. His mouth was dry and he couldn't seem to keep his tongue wet. He felt down in his thoracic cavity like he was being strangled.

Damn! He could no longer breathe. He tried forcing air out but to no avail. His heart which had been pounding slowly was slowing to a halt...his thoughts were no longer in a jam but had now achieved a perfect state of stillness. His struggles ceased and his mind clicked to a stop.

He found himself in a place that looked somewhat like a camp. The people he saw were all dressed in what he could describe as a modernized form of rags only able to cover their delicate areas leaving the others bard and they had no shoes on.

He watched as a little boy, a little younger than himself run pass him. He was pursuing something...Oh, he could see it , it was a lion and--what the hell--the lion was running away like his life depended on it.

What was this place? Oh, don't tell me I'm dreaming again!I could just...

Another scenario caught his attention, he saw a mice chasing a cat into a hole and his mouth fell agape.

"What is this place?," he asked again.

It was then he took a look at himself and saw the change. His body was not that of a ten year old...it looked more like that of a adult teenager. He was shell-shocked at this.

"What's happening to me!," he screamed. He keeping used his hands in covering his mouth but noticed that the woman who had been spreading clothes to dry on the patch of grass had not even so much as moved a muscle in reaction to the noise that he had just produced which could even alert a deaf man.

He saw a house from afar with its roof made of thatch but it was freshly made and he wondered if this was what attracted him to it. He found himself moving in its direction. He noticed that he was moving at an unimaginable speed that even himself couldn't coordinate. He looked down towards his feet and screamed soundlessly as he discovered that he wasn't walking but gliding in mid air. He tried to slow down but the more he tried, the more his speed increased.

"Stoppppp!," he screamed out in fear as he approached the house not just because he was inhumanly gliding but because from his calculation, if he went straight ahead he was going to crash in pure concrete wall.

Exactly as he had feared, he glided straight into the wall and he waited to feel the great surge of pain flow through his whole being from having all of his bones broken. He waited closing his eyes but alas, it didn't come. He open his eyes slowly and was amazed when he found himself standing with his two feet inside the building and face to face with a very bearded man wielding a sword and swinging it in some very cultured motion.

He shifted uncomfortably as he was daringly so close, too close to the swinging blade. He made to move backward but looking back saw a barrier in the form of a wall. His heart skipped a beat. The man advanced towards him and as he did he flashed a quarter joule of a smile.

"Hell no, he can see me...and...and, he after MEEeeee!"

He made to run to his right to the only exit but the blade had been swung already and he watched as it sliced through him passing through his navel. He stopped and watch as blood made to flow out. But it never did. The sword had passed right through him without cutting him. He looked at himself surprised.

"What sort of a dream is this?"

He noticed the man had continued practicing his swordmanship after he had seemingly cut him. So, maybe he wasn't exactly planning to kill me.

You wouldn't exactly want to kill someone you couldn't see, or does it ever happen?

A door opened and he saw a very beautiful woman possibly in her twenties walked in carrying a trayful of some sort of dream which he guessed was medicinal tea. The man put down the sword and flashed a full blown smile at the lady who returned it with a dazzling one of hers to reveal a perfect set of white sparkling teeth. She walked gracefully to where he stood and gave him a peck on his cheek.

"Enough of practice. Its time to take a break," she said pushing him down but gently to sit on the sofa. He took the cup and brought it to his mouth. His face contorted as he gulped it down. It definitely was some of those bitter tea that had medicinal properties. He wondered what it did.

She, the lady pressed her head against his chest as he put the cup down.

No doubt she is his wife. The man wound his hand around her shoulder and pressed her in. They stayed like for a long while during which he had time to survey the environment. There was the unmistaken air of splendor here. The floor shone like it had-an indeed it was-made of some lustrous material. The bed was made from, oh, he didn't know much about wood but there wasn't a way that this wasn't gonna be expensive. It felt smooth against his touch. The bedding was thick and hairy the like of which he had only seen in Manterror's possession. On the wall were various artistic paintings. On one a very little boy was caressing a dog on the head. On another, there was the picture of a cowboy posing with a horse. One caught his attention; it was a picture of a man, a woman most likely the man's wife and a young lad, somewhat four years old. There was something about the boy that he just couldn't put together. His eyes, bluish like sea and his lip....

Suddenly, he found himself being drawn away like a pressure cleaner sucking in dirt. His whole essence was sucked away through the walls and through thin air until he found himself at a clearing at broad daylight.

Looking down on a boy wrapped in web!

"What the he...I'm not dead...I can't be dead!"

His words were coming out as disjointed, he was shaking visibly. He tried to squeeze a tear but found a barren tear gland.

Was this what being dead felt like?

Footsteps...

He waited as the 'who' came into sight. It turned out to be a what instead, the azian spider. It was taking careful steps towards his body perhaps observing if he was absolutely dead. He came to where his body stood.

"Damn! Is that how my body looks.."

He was looking white, deadly white, like all the color had washed from his face, from his body.
The spider was directly over him.

I have to do something. Oh, he's about to eat me. I have to stop him.

He tried earnestly to come up with a solution but nothing was coming.

The book.

The book had said something about something that stopped this evil creature.
Oh, I was never able to complete that word. I'm doomed!

He tried again. It had read B--W---A---T. It stopped all creature that crept.

BWAT

What could that be? Bwat...oh...WATER. The author had been trying to say "by water."

He had to get water. He looked around but there was no water source around. The azian spider had already pierced his body with its sharp tentacles and was in the action of tearing his limb apart...

Splashhhhh

Water. The spider was dripping with water and it was wriggling as though acid had been poured on it.

But where had the water come from?

He looked away from the spider to see a strangely familiar figure.

It was the STRANGER.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:25pm On Jan 12, 2015
Thank goodness I was able to finish that chapter. Now thinking up the next. Whoever said writing was easy!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Chrisx1x(m): 9:53pm On Jan 14, 2015
Nice update..keep it up.bro
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 15, 2015
Hello everyone its smartshadow. I am currently using a friends nairaland account
Some of you might have read my novel(complicated desire).
Well thanks to the wise and mature minded moderators(and truly I say this with the highest level of sarcasm there is), I have been banned from this section and my work has been moved to sexuality section.
I must say that I wasn't by any means warned or alerted about this decision
It pains my heart because not only have I invested valuable time in writing this book, but there are nairalanders who have been following, supporting and enjoying my work.

It goes to show that its not everyone who can use a computer that actually has common sense.
I am in no way going to continue writing the novel because what inspired me to write in the first place was because I wanted to share in the intelligence and talent of writers and readers in this section.

So to everyone that has encouraged my work and who have been supportive, I say a big thank you.

Samsondavid Harkanbi Calmdove Viktoh kwencypresh bookj estellar12 Costlybabe Vickthoriah prettydiva89 Elparaiso Elzicks paperlord007 Rapmoney Tiffanyj amenna ayodijex ESIXlOVE

And @ Op. I am so so sorry for derailing your lovely thread
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Timothy3113(m): 11:39am On Jan 15, 2015
Hmm
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 12:16am On Jan 16, 2015
daveguy50:
Hello everyone its smartshadow. I am currently using a friends nairaland account
Some of you might have read my novel(complicated desire).
Well thanks to the wise and mature minded moderators(and truly I say this with the highest level of sarcasm there is), I have been banned from this section and my work has been moved to sexuality section.
I must say that I wasn't by any means warned or alerted about this decision
It pains my heart because not only have I invested valuable time in writing this book, but there are nairalanders who have been following, supporting and enjoying my work.

It goes to show that its not everyone who can use a computer that actually has common sense.
I am in no way going to continue writing the novel because what inspired me to write in the first place was because I wanted to share in the intelligence and talent of writers and readers in this section.

So to everyone that has encouraged my work and who have been supportive, I say a big thank you.

Samsondavid Harkanbi Calmdove Viktoh kwencypresh bookj estellar12 Costlybabe Vickthoriah prettydiva89 Elparaiso Elzicks paperlord007 Rapmoney Tiffanyj amenna ayodijex ESIXlOVE

And @ Op. I am so so sorry for derailing your lovely thread
I take no offense cos for one, you've brought attention to my thread. I should say thanks. And I'm quite sorry concerning your unfair treatment.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 12:24am On Jan 16, 2015
[size=5pt]CHAPTER EIGHT[/size]

[size=4pt]A soothing coolness was radiating around his head. The type you get when you just woke up after some really excruciating mental and physical exertion.
Hmmm! He felt so comfortable here.

What had he been thinking about?

His mind went in a stream of backward motion and arrived safely in what he could say undoubtedly was the strangest place he had ever seen.

Where does a lion run from a prey or even a predator?

It was never the prey. It was the LION, the king of the jungle. It was meant to scare other animals, lesser, equal or even greater in size with his intimidating mane and roar that could melt even the hardest of hearts. It was the predator, an epitome of ferocity, the true blend of power and doggedness. It was this that made everything more confusing. Something had to be wrong. It was either the boy had a power equal to the lion or even greater or another theory could be that the place was an outcry of vicarious, insane. A complete deviation from the real world projection.

Still, there had been the case of a mice chasing a cat.

Which mice does that? Given the feline nature of the cat and its sharp claws. It could so easily have squeeze to death the mice just the way you would an orange. And it hadn't looked like a joke or a merriment affair. Which cat allows itself to be bullied by its prey?

Definitely!

This was an 'upside down' world. A fallacious projection of the real world.

But...What if that world was the real world? ...And the one he was in now was a mirage?

"Damn! I think I'm just so head jammed right now. Confused and jeez and...my head's beginning to ache!"

Pause...

His nose had caught the strange and repugnant smell of something so strong it made the pit of his stomach do a flip. What was it that smelt so bad?

Eyes opened slowly...

The dead roaches and the small heap of plates on the floor casted a shadow on the fast already peeling, color deprived wall...And this wall didn't look like it was made of brick, block or concrete. Twas made of...mud?

He stirred immediately and looked around. Three strong goblets were on the table and from one was coming a steady wave of smoke which no doubt contained a sizable amount of the foul-smelling liquid. He heard a wheezing sound and turned towards the fireplace. A kettle was purring out smoke and it was unattended

Who ever started a cooking only to leave it unattended?

He got up and headed for what looked to him like a reading table. Book laid opened on the surface and the reading lamp was still turned on.

A name! It had to be on one of the books...

His movement though didn't come quite as he had expected. A sensation he was not so familiar with was building up on his limbs. He looked down to see a a bandage wrapped around his leg. In the middle was a patch of dried blood, his blood. It appeared the evil creature had really found his leg edible to have chosen to poke its fangs there.

Still he moved on. He was curious to know where he was and who it was that had rescued him or otherwise captured him. He still wished he hadn't fainted after only just catching a glimpse of his face, whoever he had been.

As he got halfway to the door, he couldn't help but notice that something was amiss. The shock he felt as he placed his legs on this spot wasn't just from the pain he was feeling. A certain feeling of...of warmth in contrast to the rest part of the floor. He looked down and heard an unmatched sound of something unfastened.

"Oh mhen." That was all he could mutter for the split second he gained the recognition; the floor board had come loosed and he was going down and descending really fast.

"Arrrrrrrhhhhhh!" [/size]
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by ODUMAIYE(f): 9:27am On Jan 16, 2015
thanks for the update
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Chrisx1x(m): 6:13pm On Jan 16, 2015
Update was cool...keep it up bro
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by waslek(m): 12:51pm On Jan 17, 2015
Nice update bros am enjoy it
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Ice4jez(m): 9:26pm On Jan 17, 2015
So story way sweet like dis dey and una no tell me ba, i go scatter this place if i no get sit for front . Oga sir if u no finish dis story i go come ur house.
No shock yes i go come, i know ur house
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 6:18am On Jan 18, 2015
Ice4jez:
So story way sweet like dis dey and una no tell me ba, i go scatter this place if i no get sit for front . Oga sir if u no finish dis story i go come ur house.
No shock yes i go come, i know ur house
Oya come and take your seat. You na chairman na. I be reserve seat for you. Abeg no come my house oo..LoL!
waslek:
Nice update bros am enjoy it
I'm glad you like it. Keep following. It always gets better.
ODUMAIYE:
thanks for the update
You welcome my dear.
Chrisx1x:
Update was cool...keep it up bro
Thanks bro.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 6:29am On Jan 18, 2015
He landed on a couch. It puffed up like it hadn't been cleaned or sat on it ages. He looked around; fireplace, dusty chandelier above, the engravings on the wall, the wine bar as expected empty. This place needed care to say the least.

"What a way to say good morning!"

The sound had come from what appeared to be the entrance to the room. He looked towards the door to see a man standing leaning on the door frame. He gulped in the details before him. Grey hair that were scattered and looked like they needed washing and de bugging perhaps, wrinkles that showed more of fatigue and anxiety than old age, eyes that were sunken like they hadn't known the luxury of a good sleep in a long while. The clothes appeared to be the cleanest with just a spot or two with earth stains and slashes here and there, he guessed were from brushing against twigs in the forest. He was smiling now as he revealed a set of teeth that was really discolored. He walked towards him, his pace slow and painful.

"Sorry to burst up your place but I didn't know..."

"O...come of it. There's no need to apologize. I should be the one sorry...I completely forgot about that booby trap. It hasn't been used in ages. I designed it to catch unsuspecting invaders who would try to attack or steal from me. You know...out here back in the days people really hunted me like I was bounty."

"Really...but why?"

"Well, because they thought I had abilities that they could put to use, selfish use I must add"

"But...were they wrong?"

He resumed walking and made way for a sort of sink at the far right of the room. He cupped a handful of water from a giant sized goblet and poured on his face. He washed the night remains from his eyes and looked into a mirror. George was surprised he had one.

"I know you must think me an old unkempt man but I wasn't always like this...I was once a fine young man but you see...the happenings took my youth. I have seen the worst of days. I've watched day after day as lives are sucked up in death by the hands of cruelty, man and beast alike. I've had to be dogged to survive...Trust me I've seen better days were there was all but love and glamour...the days of wearing purple robes and..."

"You are royalty?"

George interrupted him quite to the distaste of the man who gave him a queasy look.

"Well, not exactly...but I did live in a palace. I wonder what's become of it now.."

"How do you mean?" George asked. He really didn't know but he was really interested in what could have made a man who once lived in a palace to be so reduced as to what was before him; a bag of bones.

"Nothing for you to worry about," he said sinking into a chair. He held his hands together and was rubbing them against each other. George had the feeling he was contemplating his next words or actions. He needed to show this man that he could be trusted and that he posed no harm whatsoever. He allowed a brief silence to pass between them during which he had time to retrospect on his near death experience. When he spoke, it was a low and quite emotional tone.

"Thank you for saving my life back there!".

He startled as though he had been awaken from a dream. He stared at him for some seconds and then seemed to gain his consciousness back.

"Oh that...its nothing. Thank God I arrived in time. My poor feet were so uncooperative."

"But still you did save me...I'm really grateful."

"You're welcome lad. Although, I find it difficult to accept that seeing it was more of a duty than a favor."

"Sorry?"

"Never mind. Let's just enjoy the feeling of being alive."

"Hell no...you're beginning to sound like my "'guardian'."

He gestured with his fingers curving the second and index finger as he said the 'guardian', like a quotation. He wanted to pass the information that he didn't quite believe in the guardian thing.

"Are you in any way trying to say you don't believe its your guardian because it actually is."

"And how would you know that?"

"Because I gave him to you in accordance to your father's instructions."
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 6:31am On Jan 18, 2015
Happy Sunday everyone! Thanks for all the inspirations and nice comments. Keep them coming and keep following...

#MADE OF MORE
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Emanuel1997: 8:51pm On Jan 20, 2015
i just discovered dat d story has continued op please dont abandon dis thread again
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2015
U guys should pardon me. School is on session once again n its kinda hectic. I'm even tired as I type nw buh I'll try and cook up an update tonight. Body no be firewood joor. I wan crash!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Chrisx1x(m): 5:17pm On Jan 24, 2015
Op pls update during ur spare time.u ar rili improving
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:22pm On Jan 26, 2015
Good evening guys...Tis been a while and since I had some spare time this evening, I decided to do some update.

Tags
#emarkson
#rockhillz
#dastancypayne
#Jollyjoy
#Timothy3113
#daveguy50
#Samsondavid
#Harkanbi
#Calmdove
#Viktoh
#kwencypresh
#bookj
#estellar12
#Costlybabe
#Vickthoriah
#prettydiva89
#Elparaiso
#Elzicks
#paperlord007
#Rapmoney
#Tiffanyj
#amenna
#ayodijex
#ESIXlOVE
#ODUMAIYE
#waslek
#Ice4jez
#Chrisx1x
#Emanuel1997

Nice evening to y'all.

#MADE OF MORE
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:28pm On Jan 26, 2015
Confusion washed all over him from eyes to mouth which was hanging loosed, opened. The old man saw this and smiled, weakly. He retired from rubbing his hands and made for the table where the kettle that had been brewing was laying ready for use. He dug out a mug from an old cabinet that reminded him of an old cupboard he had once gotten from Gofrin's room. It had been disjointed if only to sound lightly. The hinges had come off and the door was a death trap. It could fall on an unsuspecting visitor who didn't know the technique of holding on to it while you worked or retrieved something from the interior. He remembered once when Gofrin had tried to steal from him a little golden ball that he had received from the chief baker. He had managed to gain entrance into his room unnoticed and wasn't aware of the looming danger the cupboard posed. No sooner had he opened the cupboard than a scream was heard that shook the whole foundation of the castle. It sure did attract attention from the maids who came dashing to his aid. He hadn't been in the room and had laughed to his satisfaction when he heard of it. Even now he was beginning to smile. The golden ball wouldn't have been found there for he carried it with him wherever he went. It was his only toy and he kind of reminded him of all he craved for and wished for life.

"What's ticking you lad?"

He hadn't noticed that his show of enthusiasm at the experience had been open for the stranger to see. He quickly wiped the grin from his face.

"Its nothing sir...I was just remembering something that occurred some time ago"

He sat still and allowed his legs to sweep around the floor which was rough. He wondered how the golden ball had disappeared for not long after that incident it was gone, just disappeared. He recalled searching for it for hours but all to no avail.

"I never knew you could still have it in you...that smile." He paused to look at him.

"You have certainly seen bad days but still your smile hasn't changed a bit."

He poured some tea into the mug and placed some pieces of meat on a saucer and handed it to him.

"You must be really hungry...eat up! Thereafter we discuss. I know you've been yearning to know about me. In a matter of minutes your curiosity shall be satisfied."

George took the tray from him hesitantly. He didn't want to be seen like a glutton but he was damn hungry. He began slowly taking a bite at a time but when he saw that the stranger back up to take care of some other things, he increased his speed and attacked the food zealously. The meat was well roasted for a man so old. He really was good at this and the tea wasn't any different. As he emptied the plate, he noticed the patterns and markings on the ceramics. They were of such that he had never seen before. The engravings were of a language that aroused his curiosity. He was sure he had seen them before and they kind of jump at him as though screaming for his attention. It was like some language he had known before but for some reason he had forgotten.

The stranger was back and he made to take the dishes away.

"No, I can help myself," he said handling the tray himself. He moved towards what looked like a sink.

"These markings..," he said pointing to the plates.

"Oh...what about them?"

"...I donno...they mean something significant but I can't exactly place it. Do you by any chance know about it?"

"I certainly do...I designed them. It was a craft I learnt in my learning years working with my parents for someone whom you will soon learn about."

He paused and watched as George nodded and focused on him with eager anticipation.

"Now that you're fed. I'd like to quench your anxiety...if only a little."

He stopped and cleared his throat.

"My name is Logan Sandoll," he began.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

A Male Child Is More Beneficial Than A Female Child In Nigeria(see Why) / We Are Able(a Touching Story) / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.