Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,656 members, 7,951,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:30 PM

Online Application For UK VISA Anger Lagos Lawmakers - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Online Application For UK VISA Anger Lagos Lawmakers (701 Views)

Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / Application For Uk Student Visa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Online Application For UK VISA Anger Lagos Lawmakers by iamnigeria: 5:44pm On Dec 09, 2013
A newly-introduced UK visa application system, which is said to mandate all Nigerian applicants to make payments in the US currency, has Lagos lawmakers up in arms. Nigeria’s Lagos State House of Assembly has appealed to the British High Commission to review the system, as lawmakers in West African country say the UK government is trying to prevent Nigerians from travelling to that country.

The new online visa application payment system only accepts payments in US dollars via a Verve debit card, Visa or Mastercard (credit or debit card) or the mobile money system PAGA. And in a statement signed by the Lagos State House of Assembly chairman, Segun Olulade, the house has criticised the system saying that Nigeria does not compel UK citizens to make payment only in naira while applying for a Nigerian visa in the UK.

“While the new payment system is good for streamlining visa application system, option of payment via naira master card should have been included since not all applicants are expected to possess a domiciliary account or dollar master cards,” Olulade stated.

Source: http://www.iamnigeria.net/2013/12/online-application-for-uk-visa-anger.html
Re: Online Application For UK VISA Anger Lagos Lawmakers by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 09, 2013
All in line with the CBN Cashless Policy I am guessing.. so what are the obvious disadvantages the Lagos Lawmakers are not telling us. i cannot be the fact that UK Citizens also pay Visa fees in Dollars.. Waow

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Australian Ship Stuck In The Antarctic / $21 Billion Remitted By Nigerians In Diaspora In A Year, Highest In Africa. / Please I Need Help 'how Can I Stop My Smartphone Addiction So I Can Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.