Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,817 members, 7,886,191 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 03:24 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1541) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3873414 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1538) (1539) (1540) (1541) (1542) (1543) (1544) ... (3876) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 10:02pm On Aug 09, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Learn to type with sense. I reread your comment and your post was truly lost in translation. I find it hard to understand retard-writing. It appeared as if you were saying that hellboy was better than avengers and John wick 3.

Hellboy 2019 was rated poorly by the 3 biggest review sites. Check the screenshot.

But no, you are using a like/dislike ratio on Google as review on how good the movie is.

It seems that you are not sensible to realise that one can rate a movie poorly but still like it.

Hmmmmm!

Rate a movie poorly and still like it.

How does that work that exactly?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 10:04pm On Aug 09, 2019
JeromeBlack:

See this one. I am just spitting facts. Hellboy 2019 is trash. Every review site rates it poorly.

For you to prefer it over John Wick, it is clear you lack taste.

Hellboy 2019 thrash?

Your opinion sha.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 10:05pm On Aug 09, 2019
Ishilove:

It is live action. Asides apes, do animals display human-like emotions?

Must it be human like?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 10:52pm On Aug 09, 2019
adetunjioludami:
And I just downloaded it undecided
lol
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 12:47am On Aug 10, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Hmmmmm!

Rate a movie poorly and still like it.

How does that work that exactly?

Like/dislike is a very simplistic method of rating. This is because there is a continuum between like and dislike.

5/10 is a middle score. Right at the middle of like and dislike. If I rAte a movie 5/10 which is a poor score for a film, I would still click like over dislike.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 2:06am On Aug 10, 2019
Cape Fear-

Powerful movie. Absolutely brilliant.

These lines gave me goosebumps:

"I am like God, and God like me.
I am as Large as God, He is as small as I.
He cannot above me, nor I beneath him, be."

The dialogue is deep, the theme thought provoking.

*shiver* embarassed

8.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:06am On Aug 10, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Hellboy 2019 thrash?

Your opinion sha.
It was so trash they pulled it from cinemas in less than a month of release..what an utter waste of cast and props.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 7:08am On Aug 10, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Like/dislike is a very simplistic method of rating. This is because there is a continuum between like and dislike.

5/10 is a middle score. Right at the middle of like and dislike. If I rAte a movie 5/10 which is a poor score for a film, I would still click like over dislike.

No P!

I get you now.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 10, 2019
oyaskii:
It was so trash they pulled it from cinemas in less than a month of release..what an utter waste of cast and props.
grin grin grin just like DC Catwoman

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 10:49am On Aug 10, 2019
Ishilove:
Cape Fear-

*shiver* embarassed

8.5/10
One of the most terrifying films I've watched, Robert de Niro was borderline monstrous.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 11:56am On Aug 10, 2019
losprince:

One of the most terrifying films I've watched, Robert de Niro was borderline monstrous.
What makes the movie so nail-biting is not the acts of violence (there were not much to begin with) but the promise of violence and evil. It lurks in every scene, like fleeting shadows enspied from the corner of your eyes.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 10, 2019
Ishilove:

What makes the movie so nail-biting is not the acts of violence (there were not much to begin with) but the promise of violence and evil. It lurks in every scene, like fleeting shadows enspied from the corner of your eyes.

And every attempt to resolve the situation just made it worse. Escaping with the family with deniro on board.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 12:41pm On Aug 10, 2019
hulk616:
grin grin grin just like DC Catwoman

Like marvel Dark Phoenix grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 10, 2019
BlackManta:

Like marvel Dark Phoenix grin
like DC green lantern

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2019
hulk616:
like DC green lantern
Like Marvel's Howard the Duck.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 10, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Like Marvel's Howard the Duck.
like DC Jonah Hex grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 10, 2019
JeromeBlack:

You're correct. 5 is a median score, synonymous to average, and the lowest pass mark.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cooljoe(m): 1:35pm On Aug 10, 2019
Please where can I download high quality movies - 750mb and above.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 1:35pm On Aug 10, 2019
Ishilove:
Cape Fear-

*shiver* embarassed

8.5/10
I find the movie annoying and a total waste of my time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 1:38pm On Aug 10, 2019
hulk616:
like DC Jonah Hex grin grin
Like Captain America 1990.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 10, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Like Captain America 1990.
like DC Spectre cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:05pm On Aug 10, 2019
Peeps abeg I need help seriously and desperately!!! I don't know what I did to Google that they are making my online experience very unpleasant. This annoying stupid Google play services just keep mauling my data.

It just keep running in the background and foreground eating up my data, within the last 2 days it's eaten over 2Gb of my data plan. Am in pains right here yesternight / this morning I tried downloading movies after purchasing a data plan and just started downloading Alaadin only to realize Google play services was also up to something doing its own thing.

Imagine having a data cap of 1.3Gb only to use 400mb on downloading Alaadin and Google play services using up the rest over 800mb+ after it had already updated using 600mb+ of my data towards 12:00am.

I have spent the last 4hours of my internet connection browsing how to stop ply services from killing my data all to no avail. I have gotten rid of the data and cleared cache only for it to recreate. I have switched off Back up to Google drive e no work. Deleted my Google account and added it back. As soon as my data is back on it starts eating data. I have noticed this for the past one week but the last 3 days data consumption is alarming no wonder a monthly plan I am supposed to comfortably use for at least 2 weeks don't even get past 14 days.

I need help pals
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 10, 2019
abduleez1:
Peeps abeg I need help seriously and desperately!!! I don't know what I did to Google that they are making my online experience very unpleasant. This annoying stupid Google play services just keep mauling my data.

It just keep running in the background and foreground eating up my data, within the last 2 days it's eaten over 2Gb of my data plan. Am in pains right here yesternight / this morning I tried downloading movies after purchasing a data plan and just started downloading Alaadin only to realize Google play services was also up to something doing its own thing.

Imagine having a data cap of 1.3Gb only to use 400mb on downloading Alaadin and Google play services using up the rest over 800mb+ after it had already updated using 600mb+ of my data towards 12:00am.

I have spent the last 4hours of my internet connection browsing how to stop ply services from killing my data all to no avail. I have gotten rid of the data and cleared cache only for it to recreate. I have switched off Back up to Google drive e no work. Deleted my Google account and added it back. As soon as my data is back on it starts eating data. I have noticed this for the past one week but the last 3 days data consumption is alarming no wonder a monthly plan I am supposed to comfortably use for at least 2 weeks don't even get past 14 days.

I need help pals

Get Google datally and glassware. They both do the same thing and both are free. They will analyse your data so you can confirm what exactly is eating your bandwidth. Yiu can use datally to restrict apps.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 2:24pm On Aug 10, 2019
abduleez1:

I need help pals
go to settings, data usage and restrict background data..... you can even open the Google Play still under settings and restrict background data too
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2019
Damfostopper:
go to settings, data usage and restrict background data..... you can even open the Google Play still under settings and restrict background data too

I have tried this one. It didn't work. Restricting background data doesn't stop Google play services from using data because the Irony of it is that the data it's using is running in foreground.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:52pm On Aug 10, 2019
ornicus:

Get Google datally and glassware. They both do the same thing and both are free. They will analyse your data so you can confirm what exactly is eating your bandwidth. Yiu can use datally to restrict apps.

Thanks. Sure this gonna work??
If I had an option of killing off Google play services at once I will, too bad only it's a core API for Android and other apps. It's almost impossible to go around it. That's why I don't think using an app purchased from Google play store will be able to kill off or restrict Google play services.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 2:53pm On Aug 10, 2019
Ishilove:

You couldn't have said it better, I found the movie to be like poetry and I honestly can't remember the last time a movie scared me like this one, movies like the Exorcist and the shining were like comedy to me, but Cape Fear gripped me in fear.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:00pm On Aug 10, 2019
OGA KOICE abeg u fit help me stop this TRAVESTY!!! I know say u be tech guy. Pls help needed here.

Any tech person here pls am in need of your help.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 3:13pm On Aug 10, 2019
losprince:

You couldn't have said it better, I found the movie to be like poetry and I honestly can't remember the last time a movie scared me like this one, movies like the Exorcist and the shining were like comedy to me, but Cape Fear gripped me in fear.
De Niro was the perfect, genteel psychopath.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gummy8: 3:17pm On Aug 10, 2019
Watch free movies this long weekend on:
www.hilifestoreplus.com
Enjoy!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 3:21pm On Aug 10, 2019
joseph1832:
I find the movie annoying and a total waste of my time.
I wanted to dislike the movie too, especially when I saw the choppy editing and odd camera angles, but then I remembered that this is a Scorcese movie. I also began paying attention to the soundtrack and wack sound effects (it seemed familiar at first), and then I realized "hey, this is like those thrillers of old!" EVERYTHING you see in that movie is deliberate to resemble old Hitchcock classics which makes it seem like a low budget production, which it isn't.

The dialogue in itself are full of insight into the human nature.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 10, 2019
I know the solution to your problem but since you didn't mention me, I am minding my business all day.

abduleez1:
OGA KOICE abeg u fit help me stop this TRAVESTY!!! I know say u be tech guy. Pls help needed here.

Any tech person here pls am in need of your help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1538) (1539) (1540) (1541) (1542) (1543) (1544) ... (3876) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: NerdSciBot and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.