Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,746 members, 7,915,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 03:53 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1745) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3927995 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1742) (1743) (1744) (1745) (1746) (1747) (1748) ... (3888) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pocohantas(f): 9:41pm On Nov 16, 2019
ibkayee:
Quagmire, Nigerian Movie

Remi Kunle is fine as HELL. WHEW!

Olosho grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ibkayee(f): 9:44pm On Nov 16, 2019
pocohantas:

Olosho grin
And proud grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pocohantas(f): 10:09pm On Nov 16, 2019
ibkayee:

And proud grin

You won't get horseband like this.

Seen Joker?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ibkayee(f): 10:09pm On Nov 16, 2019
pocohantas:

You won't get horseband like this. kiss

Seen Joker?
grin kiss

Not yet o, have you?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pocohantas(f): 10:22pm On Nov 16, 2019
ibkayee:

grin kiss

Not yet o, have you?

I did. I don't know what to say about it. Maybe because I am not much of a movie person. Try watch, make I see your review.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 16, 2019
pocohantas:

I did. I don't know what to say about it. Maybe because I am not much of a movie person. Try watch, make I see your review.

Abeg tell us what you think. This should be interesting. Orca thinks it disregards the source material. He can't see that joker actually squaring off against batman in a movie.

Were you by any chance at Ikeja City mall this afternoon?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ibkayee(f): 10:26pm On Nov 16, 2019
pocohantas:

Lmao you don't sound impressed, ok I'll watch it this week
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ibkayee(f): 2:16am On Nov 17, 2019
Let me go and stalk the other movies he’s appeared in. Pocohantas see his arms in his native, bobo yi ti fine gann grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 2:33am On Nov 17, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Very underrated film. The soundtracks used in that film were world class. The long drawn out fight choreography drenched in gothic dark overtone. It's setting is a recipe for a cool R-rated Batman film.

Watchmen movie was crap to anyone that did not have prior knowledge of the comics.

That being said, the comic was the most realistic and dark superhero literature known to man.

I hated watchmen until I researched the comics and started watching the series.

The series suffers the same problem that the movie has- it confuses those who have no prior knowledge.

Compare this to the Joker- even non comic fans or superhero fans can understand the movie. No prior knowledge needed.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:51am On Nov 17, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Watchmen movie was crap to anyone that did not have prior knowledge of the comics.

That being said, the comic was the most realistic and dark superhero literature known to man.

The series suffers the same problem that the movie has- it confuses those who have no prior knowledge.

Compare this to the Joker- even non comic fans or superhero fans can understand the movie. No prior knowledge needed.

True.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:53am On Nov 17, 2019
Raalsalghul:

At least I warned the guy, didn't I?

How boring The Master was has prevented me from seeing There Will Be Blood cos it's from the same director.

The only Paul Thomas Anderson film I've liked so far is Boogey Nights.

There Will Be Blood is a different kind of movie. It's very... intense. I spent the entire movie revelling in DDL's acting masterclass.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by grandstar(m): 7:05am On Nov 17, 2019
Raalsalghul:

DDL: Daniel Day-Lewis.

He's the epitome of quality over quantity in Hollywood.

Has like three Oscar Awards for Best Actor.

80 percent of his films are followed by a Best Actor Award or Nomination.

Sometimes, he acts in like one film in five years.

Dude wouldn't even consider a sequel if he was the one that played the Joker.

Google him up.

He's probably the best actor in the world. He's phenomenal. His role as the Butucher in "Gangs of New York" was out of this world. I was more terrified of him than Leonardo Caprio. He was frightening!

It's as though he totally becomes the personality he portrays. I've not watched "Lincoln" but learnt his performance there was no less sterling.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pocohantas(f): 7:23am On Nov 17, 2019
ibkayee:
Let me go and stalk the other movies he’s appeared in. Pocohantas see his arms in his native, bobo yi ti fine gann grin

Na this guy? Yea, he is cute. Does he have abs?Never seen him show some grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 17, 2019
ibkayee:

Awon oni ranu women. We watch movies here for the plot please. angry

This is an intellectual zone. No raging hormones of lust allowed.

Now that I'm done, please help me rate the acting of this lady. Has she properly conveyed the difficulties and challenges of akara sellers everywhere. That movie should be a clarion call for elevation of the noble business of serving breakfast by the roadside

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 17, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Very underrated film. The soundtracks used in that film were world class. The long drawn out fight choreography drenched in gothic dark overtone. It's setting is a recipe for a cool R-rated Batman film.

Was mixing up Alan Moore and Frank Miller.
Would a dark Knight returns movie be too dark?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 8:11am On Nov 17, 2019
JeromeBlack:

But the thing is that the comic and the.movie is exactly the same thing.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 8:32am On Nov 17, 2019
urahara:

But the thing is that the comic and the.movie is exactly the same thing.

Nope. In the movie, rorschach was a tragic hero. However, in the comics, he was an extremist. A hypocrite. He was a hero with a hardline morality but he was also an assshole and a rap£ apologist.

In fact, rorschach reminds me of many Nigerians-
Religious and always forming mature but they are the most senseless and childish hypocrites you will meet in the world.

Take for instance, how Nigerian Christians and muslims complain about persecution but will not hesitate to engage in homophobia, atheophobia and ageism (towards younger ones).

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:35am On Nov 17, 2019
jugger:
I am not a fan of star wars never seen any of the movies but I just downloaded The mandalorian.

Hope I won't be caught in a no man's land?

KoiceReloaded?

You are definitely gonna be caught up in No Man's Land. grin grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mark9854(m): 9:35am On Nov 17, 2019
Angel has fallen came through, but this better be the last of the fallen franchise.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 10:20am On Nov 17, 2019
For God's sake , how the hell does Joker glorify violence ?

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 10:35am On Nov 17, 2019
urahara:
For God's sake , how the hell does Joker glorify violence ?
The same question I asked myself after seeing it for the first time, the only horrifying kills he made were kinda implied and off screen. Except for penny, those four jerk offs he killed warrant no sympathy. Worse violence have been committed on screen.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:50am On Nov 17, 2019
After seeing Witcher's final Trailer, I'm hyped as fvck!!!!! shocked cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 12:32pm On Nov 17, 2019
Witcher
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 12:36pm On Nov 17, 2019
Hahaha Terminator Dark Fate (at the box office) is having a bitter taste of what it means to go woke. It isn't because of the Female characters, It's about the story and the narrative they are trying to push. What a way to destroy a once beloved Franchise! RIP
Even if it comes out on DVD or HD online, I won't watch.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2019
IT Chapter 2.

7/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2019
losprince:

The same question I asked myself after seeing it for the first time, the only horrifying kills he made were kinda implied and off screen. Except for penny, those four jerk offs he killed warrant no sympathy. Worse violence have been committed on screen.
I believe those who say Joker glorify violence are the ones who can't stomach the success the movie made.

If anybody wants to talk about a movie that glorify violence they should talk about Avengers Infinity War and Endgame. To think both movies are PG 13 should be enough reason to make one cringe.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 1:08pm On Nov 17, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Nope. In the movie, rorschach was a tragic hero. However, in the comics, he was an extremist. A hypocrite. He was a hero with a hardline morality but he was also an assshole and a rap£ apologist.

In fact, rorschach reminds me of many Nigerians-
Religious and always forming mature but they are the most senseless and childish hypocrites you will meet in the world.

Take for instance, how Nigerian Christians and muslims complain about persecution but will not hesitate to engage in homophobia, atheophobia and ageism (towards younger ones).

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
J2381:
I believe those who say Joker glorify violence are the ones who can't stomach the success the movie made.

If anybody wants to talk about a movie that glorify violence they should talk about Avengers Infinity War and Endgame. To think both movies are PG 13 should be enough reason to make one cringe.

Or they should talk about John Wick.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by chic2pimp(m): 1:16pm On Nov 17, 2019
ibkayee:

Looks like all of the Yoruba lessons I have been giving you for years on end now is starting to payoff smiley kiss
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 1:21pm On Nov 17, 2019
I
ornicus:

Awon oni ranu women. We watch movies here for the plot please. angry

This is an intellectual zone. No raging hormones of lust allowed.

Now that I'm done, please help me rate the acting of this lady. Has she properly conveyed the difficulties and challenges of akara sellers everywhere. That movie should be a clarion call for elevation of the noble business of serving breakfast by the roadside
Lmaaaoooo
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 2:42pm On Nov 17, 2019
J2381:

You see? And the same fvckers who had no qualms about these movies will trash joker.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 2:45pm On Nov 17, 2019
Just finished watching joker again, mehn the picture gets better and more intricate with every watch. Theories have started materializing in my head and beginning to get enchanted by the character.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1742) (1743) (1744) (1745) (1746) (1747) (1748) ... (3888) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.