Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,987 members, 7,919,157 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 10:38 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2713) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3935950 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2710) (2711) (2712) (2713) (2714) (2715) (2716) ... (3892) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by StPete: 11:53am On Sep 23, 2021
Tolu181:
Make i give una update

Free guy is out?? Choi this is it mhen tongue
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 12:01pm On Sep 23, 2021
Ishilove:

I am at the first 15 minutes so I haven't gone far. I am not a fan of horror so I am taking my time to only watch only during daytime grin
Chicken. tongue Lol.

Lemme know what you think when you're done. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2021
DieRich5:
I just don't know if na women get USA now cus all movies dis year na just women be the MC
na simp full the movie industries now angry
The way wey una take dey open mouth waaaaa drop okoto yarns eh, e dey always amaze me. Unless maybe it's just the movies you've been watching. Which then begs the question, "Why are you mainly watching female led movies if you have a problem with them?"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:16pm On Sep 23, 2021
grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 12:18pm On Sep 23, 2021
Ishilove:
Who has watched Reminiscence? The ratings are really shitty but Hugh Jackman is the headliner so that has to count for something...I think

My thoughts on it ↓

Reminiscence 7.5/10

Beneath the dystopian, sci-fi setting, Lisa Joy manages to weave a very human story about redemption and closure.
Hugh Jackman delivers a pretty decent performance as Nick Bannister, a neuro-investigator who helps people navigate their past memories, with the help of his partner, Watts (Thandiwe Newton). He eventually gets caught up in his own past when his lady love, Mae, played by the lovely Rebecca Ferguson, leaves abruptly. Nick will go on a journey, a journey through memory, to discover the whereabouts of his lover and uncover secrets that make him question whether he ever knew the woman he fell in love with.

Lisa Joy's movie beautifully explores the human relationship with memories and experiences, how we relate to the past and how it shapes our future. With well-written dialogue that interests, as well as, entertains. I enjoyed Daniel Wu's character mixing Cantonese lingo with his English. And engaging scenes that draw the viewer in. Ferguson's singing scenes are compelling and her voice blends into the scenery.

Lisa Joy still has a few kinks to work out in her directing. But I'm looking forward to seeing more projects from her.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 12:38pm On Sep 23, 2021
Kaycee7:

My thoughts on it ↓

Thanks a lot. Downloading cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 12:43pm On Sep 23, 2021
J2381:
Chicken. tongue Lol.

Lemme know what you think when you're done. grin
I want to start watching now grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2021
Kaycee7:
The way wey una take dey open mouth waaaaa drop okoto yarns eh, e dey always amaze me. Unless maybe it's just the movies you've been watching. Which then begs the question, "Why are you mainly watching female led movies if you have a problem with them?"
I don't have problem wit female but the film's industry.........so making James Bond a woman is normal tongue

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by camri: 12:56pm On Sep 23, 2021
abduleez1:

Yea. U r welcome.
Horror subgenre is very large. It should be up to 10 subs if not more. Also Zombies and Vampire movies are other forms of Horror.

I usually hated horror films for a while cos I felt it was always about Zombies, Cannibals and Slasher movies (SAW). It kinda felt boring and regurgitated ideas over and over. Until I found out other wide varieties starting with The Conjuring 2. That's when my love for horror rekindled. It's my fave franchise. There's a very wide variety....left to you to choose your poison. grin
The likes of Scary Movie, Vicious Fun are actually Comedy slashers which is quite weird considering the fact they are horror films
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by camri: 1:03pm On Sep 23, 2021
The Shawshank Redemption 10/10
Simply amazing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:16pm On Sep 23, 2021
camri:
The likes of Scary Movie, Vicious Fun are actually Comedy slashers which is quite weird considering the fact they are horror films

Haven't watched these but yeah, there's also comedy horrors. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 2:41pm On Sep 23, 2021
X-Men: Dark Phoenix 6.5/10

Studio politics forced Simon Kinberg to merge the plot of 2 movies in one, which explains why Dark Phoenix feels a bit rushed and not properly fleshed out. That said, this movie did not deserve the hate and backlash it got.
Kinberg deserved better script writers instead of the amateurs that sprinkled some very cringe lines throughout the script, as well as, a more professional younger cast. Sophie Turner and Tye Sheridan who play Jean and Cyclops respectively, looked like they were there under duress.
Thankfully, the old timers were there to save the day. McAvoy, Fassbender and Jessica Chastain are masters of their craft and I really feel their presence saved this movie from degrading to a B-movie. Nicholas Hoult was decent in his scenes as well even if he felt a bit underused, which is probably due to the compressed plot.
Hans Zimmer also delivered a beautiful OST as usual. Had me feeling goosebumps in a couple of scenes. And the stunt team did a great job making the action scenes pretty entertaining.
All in all, not only was it not as bad as people wailed, but was actually a decently entertaining watch.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 3:21pm On Sep 23, 2021
Ishilove:

I want to start watching now grin
Enjoy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2021
Abeg oga Kaycee7 and nani667

Una know when World's End Harem go show? No be October? embarassed

E be like say na to go check out Redo of A Healer first. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:42pm On Sep 23, 2021
abduleez1:

Starts airing on 8th of October.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:48pm On Sep 23, 2021
Kaycee7:

Oshey!!!
E don near sef.

Wagbayi. ...... grin grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2021
J2381:
Enjoy.
Damn!! That movie is exceptional!! A total mind fuck_!!!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 4:07pm On Sep 23, 2021
Ishilove:

Damn!! That movie is exceptional!! A total mind fuck_!!!!
Knew you'd like it. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by thatthickgurl(f): 4:16pm On Sep 23, 2021
It just hit me that I have seen over 200 movies/series this year

How many have you watched ?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 4:22pm On Sep 23, 2021
J2381:
Knew you'd like it. grin
I love the mad fighting skills that "they" showcased in the climax. The twist is totally unexpected. Wow!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 4:28pm On Sep 23, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 4:29pm On Sep 23, 2021
abduleez1:
My horror line-up this week. grin grin

October will be bloody. grin cheesy

Plis Wetin Elite daddy aka top ranking government official like you dey find for netnaija undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 4:35pm On Sep 23, 2021
abduleez1:

The most anticipated... We are waiting patiently
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:57pm On Sep 23, 2021
nani667:

Plis Wetin Elite daddy aka top ranking government official like you dey find for netnaija undecided

Bros abeg oo, I no dey that Elite Group....na ordinary everyday passerby I be.
Lol, 720p/ 1080p is kept for masterpieces and God tier content bro. grin

Majorly tho, I'm seriously pressed for space man... I don't have much space so I got make do with 480p for now.
I'm hoping to solve this issue this weekend. There's too many content I wanna watch but have to watch and delete some oldies (even if I don't wanna watch them that moment) before bringing new content. cry cry I'm in prison mate.

Lost my 64GB Flash and don't currently use an SD card. cry sad
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:59pm On Sep 23, 2021
thatthickgurl:

Show off..... undecided

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:05pm On Sep 23, 2021
nani667:

The most anticipated... We are waiting patiently
grin cheesy cool

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Slizzords: 5:32pm On Sep 23, 2021
abduleez1:
MALIGNANT .........7.9/10

Fvvk!! James Wan is a fvvking Genius!

A perfect mix of murder mystery/ slasher horror/ action thriller and drama. Damn, the Cinematography, VFX, Sound score, acting, writing and direction was on point. This movie just pulls you in with it. The twist at the end was kinda unexpected and the fight sequence, got damn.

Don't know if I'm over excited but this is a brilliant subversion of the genre. Not the usual run of the mill horror I was expecting.
Seems it was mildly inspired by SAW.

You need to see this ASAP.

See gem I was sleeping on in the past two days. cheesy
You need to see the way I was blushing grin grin grin when both sisters hugged each other at the ending. Very interesting movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by thatthickgurl(f): 6:17pm On Sep 23, 2021
abduleez1:

Show off..... undecided

grin. Fix up . You're slacking
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 6:54pm On Sep 23, 2021
abduleez1:

guy, u also Dy wait too shocked
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 6:57pm On Sep 23, 2021
Kaycee7:
nawao, I think say na 22th self
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 7:02pm On Sep 23, 2021
thatthickgurl:

I don't really know but almost all the release this year I don watch Dem ND some rewatch old movie too

Series like 6, I didn't add the ones I watch just 3eps way I don't like........... most series re shit to me

Anime alots...........................
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 7:03pm On Sep 23, 2021
Free Guy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2710) (2711) (2712) (2713) (2714) (2715) (2716) ... (3892) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: ucsquare(m), Flamemignon1(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.