Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,695 members, 7,975,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 10:48 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2988) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (4035112 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2985) (2986) (2987) (2988) (2989) (2990) (2991) ... (3937) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 9:42pm On Apr 23, 2022
Beorn:
All The Old Knives (2022). 7/10.

When I first learnt of this movie, I was skeptical at first having seen The Contractor starring the same Chris Pine few weeks before its release, which was a monumental disappointment. Didn't want to download it especially when 2 posters which I don't trust their ratings had already trashed it, but I decided to see it for myself and I'm glad I did.

Chris Pine reedemed himself in my eyes after that garbage called The Contractor. It was a well-written script except for one or two plot holes. The pacing was on point as well as the acting. Seeing Thandiwe Newton stark nakëd was a bit shocking as well but at her age, she's not looking bad at all. Nice movie with a lovely twist.

Last I read about Newton, she was about to check into Rehab after separating from her husband and having multiple issues on set with Channing (Take with a pinch of salt though).
Will check this out when I'm chanced...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:52pm On Apr 23, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Would one incident of Depp kicking her on a plane make him an abuser?
Moreover, they texts were made in reference to his behavior, as Heard was the one that alleged he kicked her on the flight and later passed out....
A friend who was on the flight together with them said he couldn't recall Depp kicking Heard when he was crossed on the stand...
Make of that what you will...

I just posted both screenshot for contrast purposes to show the abuse goes both way, but there are tons of evidence on that particular thread that highlighted an history of abuse by JD on Amber... several hits, pulling her hair, etc of which some of these abuses are confirmed by Johnny Depp's own people, Amber's on abuse are also highlighted on the thread.

The point being, if the abuse is "allegedly" from both parties, why should Depp's career suffer while Amber Heard's career is seemingly riding in the sunset? So John Depp is bringing everything out in court so that Amber's "victimhood" persona is broken and her career takes a hit as well.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 10:05pm On Apr 23, 2022
abduleez1:

I already have Crash bookmarked for download few days ago. Didn't know it was from him.

It kinda looked like some erotic drama/ thriller based on few clips I watched.

Crash is distinct from other thrillers of the era by its unusual blend of eroticism and physiological dysphoria. In comparison to other films in the same erotic thriller genre, the stakes are quite low. The characters  aren't in it for the money, the power, or revenge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 10:05pm On Apr 23, 2022
oyaskii:
I just posted both screenshot for contrast purposes to show the abuse goes both way, but there are tons of evidence on that particular thread that highlighted an history of abuse by JD on Amber... several hits, pulling her hair, etc of which some of these abuses are confirmed by Johnny Depp's own people, Amber's on abuse are also highlighted on the thread.

The point being, if the abuse is "allegedly" from both parties, why should Depp's career suffer while Amber Heard's career is seemingly riding in the sunset? So John Depp is bringing everything out in court so that Amber's "victimhood" persona is broken and her career takes a hit as well.

Which abuse was confirmed by Depp's own people? The kick on the plane wasn't confirmed by anyone?
Which other abuse instance is confirmed, Depp's bodyguard admits he didn't see any bruises on Amber's face even on the days she alleged he hit her...And mind you, he saw her without makeup....
Amber's own former assistant also confirms she didn't see any bruises....
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mrcrabs(m): 10:14pm On Apr 23, 2022
DieRich5:
The Batman 2022 6/10
I'm sorry if this post offend anyone

Robert Pattinson Batman is the worst, too dramatic ND the story was okay but too long, everything in the movie is too slow ND makes u feel depressed while watching it for 3hrs
I didn't feel the romance between Cat ND Bat

PG-13 ✓✓✓
cinematography✓
Sounds ✓
Boring✓
dark✓
characters X
Rewatchable X

Ben Affleck Batman is the best

I like this write up honestly, Ben affleck and Christian bale were the best actors for batman

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:36pm On Apr 23, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Which abuse was confirmed by Depp's own people? The kick on the plane wasn't confirmed by anyone?
Which other abuse instance is confirmed, Depp's bodyguard admits he didn't see any bruises on Amber's face even on the days she alleged he hit her...And mind you, he saw her without makeup....
Amber's own former assistant also confirms she didn't see any bruises....
In 2014, when Depp alleged that James Franco was having an affair with Amber Heard, Depp taunted and kicked Amber, and later sent a text to apologize, this was confirmed by Depp's PA at the time and were admissable as evidence in court.

Heard claims Depp cut his own fingers and turned the story around sayin she hurt him because he wouldn't sign a pre nuptial. This claim his proved unfactual by Depp's own Doctor at the time, and he text between him and Depp's came light, where Depp admitted that he harmed himself by cutting his own fingers on the said day.

You trying to say Depp did absolutely nothing to Amber Heard and she maliciously cooked evidence of abuse spanning years just to ruin Depp, a man she fall in love with and married, doesn't sit right with me.

I guess we will just have to let the court proceedings play out.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Greatdesi(m): 10:46pm On Apr 23, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Waiting for the 2160p
You'll find it on tfpdl. see
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 10:56pm On Apr 23, 2022
oyaskii:
In 2014, when Depp alleged that James Franco was having an affair with Amber Heard, Depp taunted and kicked Amber, and later sent a text to apologize, this was confirmed by Depp's PA at the time and were admissable as evidence in court.

Heard claims Depp cut his own fingers and turned the story around sayin she hurt him because he wouldn't sign a pre nuptial. This claim his proved unfactual by Depp's own Doctor at the time, and he text between him and Depp's came light, where Depp admitted that he harmed himself by cutting his own fingers on the said day.

You trying to say Depp did absolutely nothing to Amber Heard and she maliciously cooked evidence of abuse spanning years just to ruin Depp, a man she fall in love with and married, doesn't sit right with me.

I guess we will just have to let the court proceedings play out.

AnfieldFan is shilling so hard for Depp that I'm thinking of dubbing him DeppBot, lol.

Statistically, the majority of abusive relationships are mutually abusive. I've read research that show men are more likely to initiate mutual abuse than women. I've also seen research that question men and women in violent relationships why they started using physical violence in the first place...

"In response to physical abuse" was number one for males, while "in response to verbal abuse" was number one for women.

Regardless of whether or not this was a case of mutual abuse, neither party had clean hands.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 11:05pm On Apr 23, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

AnfieldFan is shilling so hard for Depp that I'm thinking of dubbing him DeppBot, lol.

Statistically, the majority of abusive relationships are mutually abusive. I've read research that show men are more likely to initiate mutual abuse than women. I've also seen research that question men and women in violent relationships why they started using physical violence in the first place...

"In response to physical abuse" was number one for males, while "in response to verbal abuse" was number one for women.

Regardless of whether or not this was a case of mutual abuse, neither party had clean hands.

I could as well Christian you Ambershill, Depp never claimed Amber cut the finger rather Amber threw a bottle that gave him a nasty cut and he being Depp completely severed it him self...

In court, it was ruled as hearsay as the P.A wasn't there on the plane and relied on Amber's narration of the events...
The person who was on the plane was crossed on the stand and didn't see any kicking...
Depp was high and would always placate Amber, this could simply be one of those situations...

I'm not about to engage in a mutually abusive relationships debate with you, what ever that means, but the rise being propagated by Amber shills won't fly....Was the relationship toxic, yea...Who was the abuser...Heard....

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 11:20pm On Apr 23, 2022
AnfieldFan:

I could as well Christian you Ambershill, Depp never claimed Amber cut the finger rather Amber threw a bottle that gave him a nasty cut and he being Depp completely severed it him self...

In court, it was ruled as hearsay as the P.A wasn't there on the plane and relied on Amber's narration of the events...
The person who was on the plane was crossed on the stand and didn't see any kicking...
Depp was high and would always placate Amber, this could simply be one of those situations...

I'm not about to engage in a mutually abusive relationships debate with you, what ever that means, but the rise being propagated by Amber shills won't fly....Was the relationship toxic, yea...Who was the abuser...Heard....

You're a Bot because you can't be reasoned with.

You still believe Depp is a saint in that relationship despite all the evidence to the contrary while neutral onlookers like myself are labelled Amber shills for daring to have an honest opinion.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 11:27pm On Apr 23, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

You're a Bot because you can't be reasoned with.

You still believe Depp is a saint in that relationship despite all the evidence to the contrary while neutral onlookers like myself are labelled Amber shills.

Which evidence ?? grin
The issue here is you're calling Depp an abuser too... It's in Court and no one has proved anything that has been parroted by you and Oyaski...

Is he a Saint, probably no, he's been taking opiates since he was 11....

Is he decent human being? He houses strangers, is kind to his employees and has never been accused of being an abuser by his previous girlfriends...

Amber on the other hand is the exact opposite of what has been described above...
Former employees have described horrible incidents by her, ex's have called her out on her abusive tendencies (this was even before marrying Depp)...

But no, Depp is an abuser because an Ambershill on Twitter narrated some events that happened on an airplane that oddly, only Amber seems to remember happening that way...

It's up to you to believe whatever you want to believe, I think I'm reasonable and give up arguments when I see they're going nowhere and this will be another instance of that...

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 2:04am On Apr 24, 2022
⬇️⬇️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:35am On Apr 24, 2022
WetinIsabi:

Please bank ATM did you. I have done everything to subscribe for spotify all to no avail.

I use a Visa card. If your card is a Verve/ Interswitch card it won't work. U need either a MasterCard of Visa card.

Those cards usually have a $100 dollar cap on them per month by the bank. So if you already spent up to $100 you won't be able to make other purchase online.
You might want to try flutterwave's Barter to get a virtual dollar card. Fund it, then you can use it to make online transactions.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:38am On Apr 24, 2022
Beorn:
All The Old Knives (2022). 7/10.

When I first learnt of this movie, I was skeptical at first having seen The Contractor starring the same Chris Pine few weeks before its release, which was a monumental disappointment. Didn't want to download it especially when 2 posters which I don't trust their ratings had already trashed it, but I decided to see it for myself and I'm glad I did.

Chris Pine reedemed himself in my eyes after that garbage called The Contractor. It was a well-written script except for one or two plot holes. The pacing was on point as well as the acting. Seeing Thandiwe Newton stark nakëd was a bit shocking as well but at her age, she's not looking bad at all. Nice movie with a lovely twist.

Lol, seems you missed HBO's Westworld.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:50am On Apr 24, 2022
See humongous money this people are spending on a TV show. Damn, this money is literally rivalling massive Blockbuster movies budget.

For instance, TENET was $225mn, Justice League ~ $300mn+, Endgame — $400mn, DUNE — $165. Streaming production fees is increasingly expensive these days.

TV: The final season of HBO's Game of Thrones cost $15mn per episodes.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 6:40am On Apr 24, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Which evidence ?? grin
The issue here is you're calling Depp an abuser too... It's in Court and no one has proved anything that has been parroted by you and Oyaski...

Is he a Saint, probably no, he's been taking opiates since he was 11....

Is he decent human being? He houses strangers, is kind to his employees and has never been accused of being an abuser by his previous girlfriends...

Amber on the other hand is the exact opposite of what has been described above...
Former employees have described horrible incidents by her, ex's have called her out on her abusive tendencies (this was even before marrying Depp)...

But no, Depp is an abuser because an Ambershill on Twitter narrated some events that happened on an airplane that oddly, only Amber seems to remember happening that way...

It's up to you to believe whatever you want to believe, I think I'm reasonable and give up arguments when I see they're going nowhere and this will be another instance of that...

Evidence? Don't worry, I got you, fam.

* Exhibit A: The couple's therapist stating on the record that the couple were in a mutually abusive relationship. She stated that both parties could initiate fights; Depp mostly because he is triggered by Amber, and Amber primarily because she fears being abandoned by Depp. Depp has never abused his exes, but Amber triggers him. To summarise, Depp was not aggressive in his past relationships, but Amber brought out the worst in him.

* Exhibit B: Depp injuring himself and lying to everyone that it was Amber's doing. This is called emotional abuse. Assaults are not always physical; in fact, some of the most heinous abuses are psychological in nature.

* Exhibit C: Videos of Depp displaying an aggressive attitude toward Amber, including damaging house furniture in a drunken rage, destroying Amber's phone, and violently assaulting Amber.

* Exhibit D: Text messages demonstrating Depp's systematic psychological assault on Amber.

I believe I've made my point, but sure, let's pretend Depp is Jesus. I mean, this the same person who is good friends with Marilyn Mason, a known rapist, and has admitted on record to having liquor and drug-induced blackouts where he couldn't remember what he did.

If Depp is such a good guy, then riddle me this; why would a UK court rule against him, then subsequently have his defamation appeal rejected? They must have had evidence that strongly implicated Depp as a wife abuser, don't you think?

The public record has always showed Depp to be an abuser in that relationship, which is why your current "Saint Depp" narrative puzzles me. From the way you're spinning it, one would think Depp never so much as talked back at Amber during their fights. The only thing this trial has revealed is that Depp was not the only abuser in that relationship; in fact, Amber gave as good as she got.

Please, let's strive to be objective in our thinking. I understand you like Depp, but portraying him as blameless in their troubled relationship would never fly. He may not be as bad as Amber, but he is guilty. They both are.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:46am On Apr 24, 2022
abduleez1:
See humongous money this people are spending on a TV show. Damn, this money is literally rivalling massive Blockbuster movies budget.

For instance, TENET was $225mn, Justice League ~ $300mn+, Endgame — $400mn, DUNE — $165. Streaming production fees is increasingly expensive these days.

TV: The final season of HBO's Game of Thrones cost $15mn per episodes.
It is one of Netflix's highest streamed show so i understand the investment they are put in.

But why is an episode of "Stranger Things" costing $30m to make?? GOT with literal Dragons and "Army of the Dead" didn't cost this much to make.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 7:04am On Apr 24, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

Evidence? Don't worry, I got you, fam.

* Exhibit A: The couple's therapist stating on the record that the couple were in a mutually abusive relationship. She stated that both parties could initiate fights; Depp mostly because he is triggered by Amber, and Amber primarily because she fears being abandoned by Depp. Depp has never abused his exes, but Amber triggers him. To summarise, Depp was not aggressive in his past relationships, but Amber brought out the worst in him.

* Exhibit B: Depp injuring himself and lying to everyone that it was Amber's doing. This is called emotional abuse. Assaults are not always physical; in fact, some of the most heinous abuses are psychological in nature.

* Exhibit C: Videos of Depp displaying an aggressive attitude toward Amber, including damaging house furniture in a drunken rage, destroying Amber's phone, and violently assaulting Amber.

* Exhibit D: Text messages demonstrating Depp's systematic psychological assault on Amber.

I believe I've made my point, but sure, let's pretend Depp is Jesus. I mean, this the same person who is good friends with Marilyn Mason, a known rapist, and has admitted on record to having liquor and drug-induced blackouts where he couldn't remember what he did.

If Depp is such a good guy, then riddle me this; why would a UK court rule against him, then subsequently have his defamation appeal rejected? They must have had evidence that strongly implicated Depp as a wife abuser, don't you think?

The public record has always showed Depp to be an abuser in that relationship, which is why your current "Saint Depp" narrative puzzles me. From the way you're spinning it, one would think Depp never so much as talked back at Amber during their fights. The only thing this trial has revealed is that Depp was not the only abuser in that relationship; in fact, Amber gave as good as she got.

Please, let's strive to be objective in our thinking. I understand you like Depp, but portraying him as blameless in their troubled relationship would never fly. He may not be as bad as Amber, but he is guilty. They both are.

As I said yesterday, I'm no longer interested in arguing this...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 7:06am On Apr 24, 2022
oyaskii:
It is one of Netflix's highest streamed show so i understand the investment they are put in.

But why is an episode of "Stranger Things" costing $30m to make?? GOT with literal Dragons and "Army of the Dead" didn't cost this much to make.

How many episodes does it have in total?

A greater part of the budget could be for marketing purposes..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 7:23am On Apr 24, 2022
AnfieldFan:

As I said yesterday, I'm no longer interested in arguing this...

I'd prefer you to admit you're full of hot air, but this is fine.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 7:23am On Apr 24, 2022
oyaskii:

According to what I've read, a large chunk of the money goes to the cast, who were able to negotiate a substantial fee for themselves.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 50d33q: 7:50am On Apr 24, 2022
Ambulance
Fuel no they finish for these America vehicles with their long roads
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 8:24am On Apr 24, 2022
ParisArentGerman:
Not a fan of John Xina, but I like Peacemaker, so...
lol who on Earth don't like John Cena, na wa o, a very free spirited guy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 8:32am On Apr 24, 2022
50d33q:
Ambulance

The petrol tank capacity of a standard ambulance is around 23 gallons, with a fuel consumption rate of approximately 11 km per gallon.

It would give you a maximum range of 260 kilometres on a full tank. That is roughly the distance from Lagos to Akure. That's a four-hour journey, give or take.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 8:33am On Apr 24, 2022
Chibudollar:
lol who on Earth don't like John Cena, na wa o, a very free spirited guy

A lot of people, myself included, don't like him twerking for China.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 50d33q: 8:33am On Apr 24, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

The petrol tank capacity of a standard ambulance is around 23 gallons, with a fuel consumption rate of approximately 11 km per gallon.

It would give you a maximum range of 267 kilometres on a full tank. That is roughly the distance from Lagos to Akure. That's a four-hour journey, give or take.

Okay
What about the police cars those swat followed them for a long time
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 8:37am On Apr 24, 2022
50d33q:

Okay
What about the police cars those swat followed them for a long time

With a little tweak here and there, you get essentially the same outcome. A vehicle with a full tank of petrol can cover a lot of mileage.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 8:48am On Apr 24, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

A lot of people, myself included, don't like him twerking for China.
I like him as a person Sha, anything he does with China no really concern me
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Rareoil(m): 9:43am On Apr 24, 2022
Guys please where can I download the new batman movie in high quality or blu ray, please if you know help me
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:57am On Apr 24, 2022
AnfieldFan:

How many episodes does it have in total?

A greater part of the budget could be for marketing purposes..
VerifiedStalin:

According to what I've read, a large chunk of the money goes to the cast, who were able to negotiate a substantial fee for themselves.
I think you both right. Marketing will definitely take a sizable chunk since this is the final season and the actors have most likely negotiated a bumper pay day seeing the popularity of the previous instalment.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:57am On Apr 24, 2022
Rareoil:
Guys please where can I download the new batman movie in high quality or blu ray, please if you know help me
The bluray is not out. and what resolution do you need?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:04am On Apr 24, 2022
50d33q:
Ambulance
they didn't even drive that long...so I don't get you

(1) (2) (3) ... (2985) (2986) (2987) (2988) (2989) (2990) (2991) ... (3937) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: abduleez1(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.