Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,012 members, 7,946,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 05:16 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3983612 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3333) (3334) (3335) (3336) (3337) (3338) (3339) ... (3907) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 6:51pm On Dec 15, 2022
Kaycee7:
DC fans had nothing to do with this though. This was inhouse MCU fighting.

Even if you didn't check anywhere outside this thread the one abduleez was dropping here was enough. No dey lie nonsense lie oga.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 6:59pm On Dec 15, 2022
MJBOLT:
DC fans spent the last 2 years talking sh1t about phase 4, forgetting that their own cinematic universe have not even gone anywhere.
The entire board is clueless, don't be surprised if James Gunn gets sacked,na normal thing for them.

Like I always say Marvel is the Gold Standard

But guy, enough attention is on Henry o. Are you thinking what I'm thinking cheesy Everything set o na only gold hair remain.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:01pm On Dec 15, 2022
SOZINN:

Even if you didn't check anywhere outside this thread the one abduleez was dropping here was enough. No dey lie nonsense lie oga.

Guy, you dey sleep abi wetin. undecided
Abi all the trolling MCU fans be doing the past few years you were blind to it. So when MCU starts faltering you go look and ignore as if any slight negative news MCU fans weren't quick to rub it in DC fans face.

You drop trash you drop trash... E no concern anybody.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:08pm On Dec 15, 2022
I don dey talk this thing for years,cast him as Hyperion and give us a Squadron Supreme movie.

SOZINN:

But guy, enough attention is on Henry o. Are you thinking what I'm thinking cheesy Everything set o na only gold hair remain.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:16pm On Dec 15, 2022
MJBOLT:
I don dey talk this thing for years,cast him as Hyperion and give us a Squadron Supreme movie.

Na go wait taya.... grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 7:34pm On Dec 15, 2022
MJBOLT:

That could work, but in my opinion they should employ the team from Earth-712 and take advantage of the opportunity to explore that universe. People shouldn't ask the same questions they did during eternals. However, I've heard (though I haven't confirmed it) that Hyperion will be the villain in the future Thunderbolts film. In that case, I hope they don't kill him off so he can get a solo project. Make them know wetin them dey do o
Fans are in their feelings. If James Bond carry am, this opportunity don go
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:35pm On Dec 15, 2022
SOZINN:

DC fans literally can't talk shìt about phase 4 because they've been criticizing MCU movies since phase 2. There was nothing Abduleez or any DC fan said about a phase 4 projects that they didn't say about phase 2 and 3 projects.
The core phase 4 backlash was from the MCU fanbase.
I should know. I spent most of phase 4 defending it and I would never have bothered engaging a DC fan.
But sha tell yourself anything you want to believe.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 7:51pm On Dec 15, 2022
Kaycee7:
DC fans literally can't talk shìt about phase 4 because they've been criticizing MCU movies since phase 2. There was nothing Abduleez or any DC fan said about a phase 4 projects that they didn't say about phase 2 and 3 projects.
I should know. I spent most of phase 4 defending it and I would never have bothered engaging a DC fan.

Dayum man, shots fired! cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:52pm On Dec 15, 2022
Kaycee7:

Leave am make him dey talk trash to make himself feel good. As if the majority of people trashing on Phase 4 weren't normal casual fans and also MCU fans themselves.

Even the Baddestguy wey dey support am since regularly trash talks MCU projects even when he clearly knows nothing about Superhero genre. But Baba SOZINN no go see that one cos that one no favour am.

He's talking as if the regular box office nonsense trend a movie makes wasn't started by MCU fans themselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:56pm On Dec 15, 2022
Baddestguyp:
DC getting hard reboot
Henry Cavill in the mud

DC never still find bearing lol

DC in the mud. Nobody has the stature for superman except this guy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:15pm On Dec 15, 2022
We need this King were he's especially needed.
Cavill for Aegon I. Shït would smack hard!! Cavill needs a big win right now and pitching tent with the biggest franchise on TV can't do no wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:39pm On Dec 15, 2022
abduleez1:

Leave am make him dey talk trash to make himself feel good. As if the majority of people trashing on Phase 4 weren't normal casual fans and also MCU fans themselves.

Even the Baddestguy wey dey support am since regularly trash talks MCU projects even when he clearly knows nothing about Superhero genre. But Baba SOZINN no go see that one cos that one no favour am.

He's talking as if the regular box office nonsense trend a movie makes wasn't started by MCU fans themselves.

no bring me come oh...
I dey trash talk both MCU and DC whenever they flop
grin grin cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:56pm On Dec 15, 2022
Baddestguyp:
no bring me come oh...
I dey trash talk both MCU and DC whenever they flop
grin grin cheesy

But you trash talk MCU more.

Make I no bring you come, but when you dey bring me enter talk about box office the other day, e dey sweet you abi. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:11pm On Dec 15, 2022
abduleez1:
We need this King were he's especially needed.
Cavill for Aegon I. Shït would smack hard!! Cavill needs a big win right now and pitching tent with the biggest franchise on TV can't do no wrong.

This man is so well built for so many roles across multiple genres. I hate the dilly dally trajectory his career has been in, in the last couple of years, largely due to no fault of his tbh.

I hope him and his team carefully think thier next moves clearly and pick better roles cuz honestly he should be on top of the food chain and eating good.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:18pm On Dec 15, 2022
abduleez1:

But you trash talk MCU more.

Make I no bring you come, but when you dey bring me enter talk about box office the other day, e dey sweet you abi. undecided
I didnt know I talked more about MCU

I'm neither an MCU nor DC fan
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:19pm On Dec 15, 2022
Thinking about Henry Cavill appearing in the "Black Adam" post credit as "Superman" and I am vexed about today's announcement all over again because what was even the point?... it's truly the hope that kills undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:23pm On Dec 15, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I didnt know I talked more about MCU

I'm neither an MCU nor DC fan

Okay.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:25pm On Dec 15, 2022
oyaskii:
Thinking about Henry Cavill appearing in the "Black Adam" post credit as "Superman" and I am vexed about today's announcement all over again because what was even the point?... it's truly the hope that kills undecided

Here's the full gist....

AnfieldFan:

Dwayne wanted to be a consultant of DC studios, not like Gunn is now, more like a Producer role where he would have substantive input on DCEU going forward...

There was lobbying involved at this point, Zaslav calls up Peter to be the creative and business head of DCEU...Peter tells Zaslav that he can't handle the creative aspect and asks if it's ok to bring in Gunn, Zaslav OK's the decision...
At this point, nothing has been signed yet but Dwayne is aware WB is close to hiring Peter and James, so he goes double or nothing on Black Adam, does everything to bring Henry(they have a business relationship) back so as to prepare a massive cinematic show down between them( doesn't want to get involved with Shazam as a side villain, wants to be the big gun)...

At this point, Dwayne knew James would want to do his own thing and he would have to be subject to his creative direction, so he leveraged his star power into getting WB to get Cavill back in hopes that this would make Black Adam a huge grosser and the studio on seeing this, would let him take his Character and characters( Superman, Justice league, Shazam family etc) whose stories revolved around Black Adam whatever direction he wanted creatively..
I.e - While Gunn would be doing what he was brought in to do, he(Dwayne) wouldn't be subject to him...

Unfortunately for him, BA bombed hard and Gunn as anticipated is cleaning house, leaving him in limbo...
He's also burned bridges with Diesel so the Fast & Furious franchise is out of the equation too ..

There are rumors he's trying to get the Mummy Franchise going again because he wants something that identifies as his brand cinematically...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2022
abduleez1:

Here's the full gist....

Smh So Henry Cavill was basically a pawn...How i wished he knew his potential and the fact that his skill set is one of the very best in the business. I need him doing big things cinematically in no distant time.

Dwayne Johnson has seen that his star power might be tad overated with BA bombing. This mans was even personally posting BO stats for BA on Twitter talmbout "BA made profit" when in reality it bombed harder than "Little Boy" on 6th of August 1945. I believe he will still get roles but steamrolling those roles to big bucks might be herculean.

As for James Gunn. Like we concluded last week, it's best to let him cook. Him and his team better know what they are doing with this new direction because the fall will be harder if they fail.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:39pm On Dec 15, 2022
oyaskii:
This man is so well built for so many roles across multiple genres. I hate the dilly dally trajectory his career has been in, in the last couple of years, largely due to no fault of his tbh.

I hope him and his team carefully think thier next moves clearly and pick better roles cuz honestly he should be on top of the food chain and eating good.

I think Cavill needs to change management starting with Dany Garcia. He needs sound counseling and management team.

His career consistent ups and downs over the years is painful to see. He rightly should be at the top of the food chain. Could have easily been the Tom Cruise of our time.
But it ain't late yet. Just needs a new strategy and a pretty good NEW mangt team.

He needs to be in a big project and a big win ASAP and GOTverse can do that.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
oyaskii:
This post credit scene no vex me reach the Synder Cut Justice League post credit scene...

That shii was chaos and dark and I would have truly liked to see how the story would have played out...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 9:57pm On Dec 15, 2022
Prey For The Devil (2022) = 5/10 ✔️

My Name Is Vendetta (2022) = 5.6/10 ✔️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:00pm On Dec 15, 2022
oyaskii:
Smh So Henry Cavill was basically a pawn...How i wished he knew his potential and the fact that his skill set is one of the very best in the business. I need him doing big things cinematically in no distant time.

Dwayne Johnson has seen that his star power might be tad overated with BA bombing. This mans was even personally posting BO stats for BA on Twitter talmbout "BA made profit" when in reality it bombed harder than "Little Boy" on 6th of August 1945. I believe he will still get roles but steamrolling those roles to big bucks might be herculean.

As for James Gunn. Like we conclude last week, it's best to let him cook. Him and his team better know what they are doing with this new direction because the fall will be harder if they fail.

Yep, painfully Cavill was a power play. Some of us that followed Black Adam closely saw this cos Cavill cameo came out from nowhere. Some insiders said a while ago that Cavill didn't have a contract with DC but some of we fans (me included) didn't wanna believe that.

All in all, I'm glad Dwayne wouldn't have any influence on the new DCU going forward with how bad BA performed. It wasn't even the box office that is vexing me, it's how generic the film was and his overhyping of it with that "hierarchy of power" stunt.

As for Gunn, I'm very willing to let him cook his new universe. Honestly speaking Gunn would face serious issues and baggages from the past regime if he doesn't do a hard reboot or a full reboot somehow. We'd still hear clamours from the Snyder camp, the anti Snyder fans and the general DC fans. This reboot should have been done by AT&T/WB years ago or at least in 2019.
They just postponed the inevitable.
Cos, let's face it, Cavill hasn't been Superman for 5yrs now and was out of the role. Batfleck was also out before being back for Flash last year.

Someone had to make the hard decision. Cos if you take more time and try to say "reconcile and give proper farewells to the old guard", they're essentially wasting time building an old universe when they need to start work on the future. It means the DCU won't properly take hold till sometime around late 2025/26. That's a lot of time cleaning an old regime's mess.

So now no Snyderverse and counter arguments. A Refresh. But I still don't think the whole thing is rebooting. I'm thinking the TSS/ Peacemaker verse and Harley might remain.
I'm still pained by Cavill's missed Supes opportunity tho. He was perfect.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:52pm On Dec 15, 2022
Something positive....

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:53pm On Dec 15, 2022
Christopher Nolan

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:54pm On Dec 15, 2022
I thought Nolan might set off a nuke for the Oppenheimer movie lol

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:57pm On Dec 15, 2022
abduleez1:

Yep, painfully Cavill was a power play. Some of us that followed Black Adam closely saw this cos Cavill cameo came out from nowhere. Some insiders said a while ago that Cavill didn't have a contract with DC but some of we fans (me included) didn't wanna believe that.

All in all, I'm glad Dwayne wouldn't have any influence on the new DCU going forward with how bad BA performed. It wasn't even the box office that is vexing me, it's how generic the film was and his overhyping of it with that "hierarchy of power" stunt.

As for Gunn, I'm very willing to let him cook his new universe. Honestly speaking Gunn would face serious issues and baggages from the past regime if he doesn't do a hard reboot or a full reboot somehow. We'd still hear clamours from the Snyder camp, the anti Snyder fans and the general DC fans. This reboot should have been done by AT&T/WB years ago or at least in 2019.
They just postponed the inevitable.
Cos, let's face it, Cavill hasn't been Superman for 5yrs now and was out of the role. Batfleck was also out before being back for Flash last year.

Someone had to make the hard decision. Cos if you take more time and try to say "reconcile and give proper farewells to the old guard", they're essentially wasting time building an old universe when they need to start work on the future. It means the DCU won't properly take hold till sometime around late 2025/26. That's a lot of time cleaning an old regime's mess.

So now no Snyderverse and counter arguments. A Refresh. But I still don't think the whole thing is rebooting. I'm thinking the TSS/ Peacemaker verse and Harley might remain.
I'm still pained by Cavill's missed Supes opportunity tho. He was perfect.
the entire Black Adam movie was just about balls-licking Black Adam

Story and everything was generic...
The lines were cringe and felt like something a 10 year old trying to create a badass character would write

Literally everyone I know that watched Black Adam kept saying the same thing...that they just kept fighting for the simplest of reasons...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 10:59pm On Dec 15, 2022
They should have simply allowed Snyder to direct his Justice League sequel. I believe it would have been a commercial success because the original Justice League movie was altered, and fans reacted well to his cut. According to the script, the stakes were incredibly high. The DCEU would have been ready for a relaunch if he had used the second part to bid his characters the proper farewell they deserved.

They ought to have just allowed the man to finalize his work. After the ZSJL movie was released in 2021, they didn't really do anything with the Snyderverse. Before Justice League 2, Aquaman 2, The Flash, Wonder Woman 3 and even the sequel to Man of Steel could have happened. Then Zack would have wrapped everything up nice and slow in the second Justice League movie. Just saying.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:59pm On Dec 15, 2022
abduleez1:
Something positive....
this RWBY is cursed with bad animation sha...

It's competing with Seven Deadly Sins in bad animation...

Hopefully this movie will give it movie quality animation for once

They should just budget like 20m
That's around the budget for Demon Slayer movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:22pm On Dec 15, 2022
Baddestguyp:
this RWBY is cursed with bad animation sha...

It's competing with Seven Deadly Sins in bad animation...

Hopefully this movie will give it movie quality animation for once

They should just budget like 20m
That's around the budget for Demon Slayer movie

Lmao.... $20mn for a DTH (Direct to home) adaptation?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:23pm On Dec 15, 2022
Lol..

Dwayne Johnson is so fvvking out. grin grin

Film wey Peter Safran be producer? grin cheesy If true, this dude's ego funny die.

If these rumors are true, then yeah it was for the best. Really weird that he’s apparently so big of a fan of BA but not the hero he’s supposed to be a villain to. I no sure say The Rock dey read comics of him supposed passion project. Cos WTF bro.

Purple I first tell you that time say this guy no like Shazam, you think say na rumor.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:29pm On Dec 15, 2022
NeoWanZaeed:

DC in the mud. Nobody has the stature for superman except this guy

Which kind nonsense cap be this?Actors yakpa wey fit play Superman

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3333) (3334) (3335) (3336) (3337) (3338) (3339) ... (3907) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Therock5555(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.